Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2016, 22:31   #7681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Got back in town after 10 days and I've got mold in my car! It's on the floor, the seatbelts and somehow even on the plastic flap covering the cup holders. It also seems that I've got mold in the ac vents, as although I got the other bits cleaned up, the air-conditioning still smells of it. Any idea how I could get rid of all the mold? And disinfect the ac vents?
Mold inside a car mostly means that there is some moisture content somewhere in the car, like wet seats or wet carpet or water ingress from somewhere which has gone unnoticed or something similar. These factors develope into mold or mildew or the likes. A totally dry car(internally) should ideally not have this situation at all.

Experts correct me if I'm wrong.

Also these things happen if the car has had some accident and the denting hasn't been done properly. This lets in water/moisture in places which mostly go undetected in areas like the tail lamp, underbody, firewall, etc. Go check. All the best.
Old 27th July 2016, 23:08   #7682
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

^Not always. Of course, it may be one good reason but then moisture is everywhere, esp in the rainy season. When you run the HVAC system, there could be moisture trapped inside the vents/ hoses of this side of the system due to condensation. Plus, if the car has been detailed inside, and not dried properly, molds can grow. Damp clothes/ damp footwears of passengers is not uncommon in this season as well; another factor adding to mold growth.

Regards.
Old 27th July 2016, 23:44   #7683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Didn't work with battery disconnected and reset. I am not comfortable with giving car to local mechanics, had a major issue once, they do not take responsibility when they mess up something. Is this really an issue with the censor as claimed by Honda or a minor electrical glitch?
The glow is the check engine light. Not sure about that but Hass can tell you what error code is returned with a diagnoistic scan. For the cluster try and source it yourself from outside and see. I had even Ghai spares whose no was mentioned here by bhpian coolkurt. The gentleman at the other end said if i cant find it at any shop he will procure one for me if needed.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 07:57   #7684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
^Not always. Of course, it may be one good reason but then moisture is everywhere, esp in the rainy season. When you run the HVAC system, there could be moisture trapped inside the vents/ hoses of this side of the system due to condensation. Plus, if the car has been detailed inside, and not dried properly, molds can grow. Damp clothes/ damp footwears of passengers is not uncommon in this season as well; another factor adding to mold growth.

Regards.
Well I did all that was suggested but there's still a noticeable smell when I sit in the car. I plan to get some activated carbon and keep it in the car for a few days. That should remove all odour.
Old 29th July 2016, 11:41   #7685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Well I did all that was suggested but there's still a noticeable smell when I sit in the car. I plan to get some activated carbon and keep it in the car for a few days. That should remove all odour.

If you can find a person ironing clothes nearby and request him with some coal, crush the same and keep inside the car, this also absorbs a lot of odor. That's how I got rid of the odor after I transported a very ripe jack fruit

Last edited by laluks : 29th July 2016 at 11:43.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 20:20   #7686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the civic last year. I've got an 09 civic with 62,000 kms so want to benchmark price. Also, which city did you buy in.

Thanks
Sorry Axe, had meant to reply but forgot.

I paid 4.4 in Bangalore. It was a Jan '08 Civic VAT with 66K on the odo. Prices tend to be higher in Bangalore due to the insane road taxes, but even so, this was a reasonably good deal, in my assessment. I got it from a Jaguar dealership; the owner was buying a Land Rover :sly:. Several things were due for replacement --battery, tyres etc, but was in great condition otherwise. In all, I spent close to 5lakhs including for insurance. Been great so far.
Old 31st July 2016, 20:22   #7687
Senior - BHPian

Got some time today for replacing the stock rear arm with camber adjustable one. A straight forward replacement.

The stock rear arm

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20160706_155044.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20160706_155058.jpg
I must say the stock bushes are of very nice quality, even after 1.35lakhs and 9 years, it did not even show signs of weakness

The Stock rear arm and the camber adjustable rear arm sided by side
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20160706_155147.jpg

This is how it helps in adjusting camber
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20160706_155215.jpg

The new rear arm after fitting

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20160706_155643.jpg
laluks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 06:08   #7688
BHPian

Hi Guys,

One of my friends broke the bonnet opening lever on my car while getting the CNG filled. Any idea about the cost and availability ?
Old 6th August 2016, 21:13   #7689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

One of my friends broke the bonnet opening lever on my car while getting the CNG filled. Any idea about the cost and availability ?
I changed the same on SWIFT, it comes as a set of cable and attachment, costed 200 for swift. I guess the same is possible, check with HASS
Old 8th August 2016, 00:37   #7690
BHPian

Hi guys,

My 2008 Civic V-AT has been having some weird vibrations from the front right hand side of the bonnet under acceleration. Could it be the infamous engine mount issue?
I'm looking at replacing all 4 tyres as well. Since the car is mostly city used, I'd love to know what will be the best for the same!

Also looking at getting the car serviced at a local mechanic now. Any recommendations in & around Bombay(specifically around Bandra)?
Old 8th August 2016, 05:41   #7691
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Hi guys,

My 2008 Civic V-AT has been having some weird vibrations from the front right hand side of the bonnet under acceleration. Could it be the infamous engine mount issue?
I'm looking at replacing all 4 tyres as well. Since the car is mostly city used, I'd love to know what will be the best for the same!

Also looking at getting the car serviced at a local mechanic now. Any recommendations in & around Bombay(specifically around Bandra)?

I'm totally not a tech expert but when I had the engine mount issue (twice!), the sound for some reason was particularly bad while reversing. Maybe it was a coincidence but please do check that too.

This could really be a number of things I guess, difficult to predict by just a sound issue but yes - engine mount could definitely be one cause.
Old 8th August 2016, 12:09   #7692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'm totally not a tech expert but when I had the engine mount issue (twice!), the sound for some reason was particularly bad while reversing. Maybe it was a coincidence but please do check that too.

This could really be a number of things I guess, difficult to predict by just a sound issue but yes - engine mount could definitely be one cause.
How much would an engine mount replacement cost, btw?
Old 8th August 2016, 13:09   #7693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HASS - ~8000 + Labour
Aftermarket - starts from 1900
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 13:10   #7694
BHPian

Quote:
The last time I asked at HASS about 2 month back they quoted Rs.9,500 for part and labour.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:12   #7695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
The last time I asked at HASS about 2 month back they quoted Rs.9,500 for part and labour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
HASS - ~8000 + Labour
Aftermarket - starts from 1900
Well, looks like I'll be going with the aftermarket option!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks