Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 13:25   #7741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Which HASS is this, if I may ask? I have my own stories of bad customers service in Gurgaon.
This was Delight Honda Faridabad.
Old 4th September 2016, 14:10   #7742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Mine has now done 1,54,000 kms and is 9 years 3 months old.
I have never needed any suspension job so far!

In fact apart from the routine services, there are no major complaints worth mentioning, so far.
Wow! For a moment I thought I was reading a fairytale book rather than a post on tbhp! Your post doesn't seem to be originating from India at all! Forgive my enthusiasm but your post really transported me into a different world momentarily. Thank you for the experience. Seriously.

On a serious note, you must be having really good roads on your part of the world. Or you are a really patient driver. Or some other secret. Please share it with us. I've honestly never heard about this good a suspension experience. In my whole life.

Where I live, it's a metro, so to say, Mumbai they call it,but you have craters for roads and the highway is like driving on the moon! What more could you ask for? So much so that people here think that soggy un-dynamic soft spring suspension setups is the ideal suspension to have and suspension repair quotes for thousands of rupees from the mechanic doesn't make anyone bat an eyelid. Like the 21 lac Crysta. That's just the way it is.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 16:30   #7743
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Wow! For a moment I thought I was reading a fairytale book rather than a post on tbhp! Your post doesn't seem to be originating from India at all! Forgive my enthusiasm but your post really transported me into a different world momentarily. Thank you for the experience. Seriously.
He lives in India, South - Tamil Nadu
Infact my suspension work was done at 1.25 Lakhs as a precautionary step, no sounds either. One opening the bushes still had life left in them, but did not want to stretch it further.

At 1.4 lakhs, the rear suspension bush really got worn off, again no sounds nothing. On a routine check replaced it pronto, since I replaced the rear with camber adjustable control arms.

Its not impossible, it depends on how you use/abuse your Civic
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 10:50   #7744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Here's a click of the part for your reference. Ask the ass guy to order it for you. It costs around 100 bugs if i remember correctly.
Thanks for this. My car's box lock was broken too; and it was a major irritant while driving (the lid would pop open grazing my elbow). My son, if he was in the car, was permanently tasked with keeping the lid closed. :-)

Whitefield Honda quoted Rs. 4800 for replacing the whole box. I looked up this thread, retrieved the P/N and SMS'ed it to my advisor - who has confirmed that the lock is available in their store.
Old 5th September 2016, 17:36   #7745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
On a serious note, you must be having really good roads on your part of the world. Or you are a really patient driver. Or some other secret. Please share it with us. I've honestly never heard about this good a suspension experience. In my whole life
On the contrary, roads here are pretty much the same as the rest of India, which is very bad with pot-holes, etc!

One secret is that I alone drive the car, no driver, spouse or friends ever get into the driver's seat

Actually my car had gone through much abuse in the initial part of its life, For example, I have done umpteen runs on Mettupalayam to Ooty ghat roads, which strains the engine (climb to 2,000 meters above sea-level) (The AT did a wonderful job).

Another secret is that I have so far not modified/tweaked the car in any way. It is still 'factory-assembled'. I have not even put on sun-film which requires the door padding to be removed, etc.

And I was a hypermiler a few years back, extracting 16 to 18 kmpl, treating the car very carefully. My second-set of front-brake pads lasted 75,000 kms.

One more secret is that I fortunately have a friendly HASS at Madurai. I am a customer with them for more than 17 years (I owned a Honda-City first gen before).

Anyway in the past few services the service-advisor advised me to replace some some suspension components, I do hear strange noises and thuds when I go over bad roads. But it is not serious and since I rarely use my car nowadays, I want to wait till it becomes urgent.

And I want to add, I drive to Sivakasi regularly, which I think has the worst speed-breakers in the whole world! My car scrapes every one, but I think the Civic is built like a tank underneath, I have survived many horrors!

Last edited by manim : 5th September 2016 at 17:41.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 17:43   #7746
Distinguished - BHPian

What is with Goodyear Assurance triple max tires? Not able to find them at all in Ranchi for my Civic (195/65 R15).
Agreed the size isn't fast moving, but then not a single tire! Getting MRFs and Michelins but my preference was Assurance Triple max. Lets see how it goes.

Regards,
Saket
Old 7th September 2016, 19:18   #7747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
What is with Goodyear Assurance triple max tires? Not able to find them at all in Ranchi for my Civic (195/65 R15).
Agreed the size isn't fast moving, but then not a single tire! Getting MRFs and Michelins but my preference was Assurance Triple max. Lets see how it goes.

Regards,
Saket
Get it online, my experience with snap deal was good, got same month manufactured tyres. Experience with Paytm was bad since they sent older tyres and had to send back.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 22:10   #7748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Saket
You could write to Goodyear themselves and check for availability. I did same to Bridgestone when i could not find Turanza brand at local shops. Bridgestone guys then delivered the tyres at the shop of my choice and i fitted the tyres from there.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 22:17   #7749
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Lalu Sir! But I am reluctant to get tires online as they may send older tires/ defective ones. Just want to avoid the headache that may follow, hence ready to pay a small premium in price from where I can see/ check what I am getting before paying for it.

Dear Sumeet: I have already filled up the contact form on the GoodYear Website yesterday. However, no followup call or even an email for acknowledgment has been received as yet. In case they respond, nothing better. By the way, did you get the Turanzas for your Civic? If yes, how much did you pay for them?

Thanks Gentlemen for your advice.
Regards,
Saket.
Old 7th September 2016, 22:24   #7750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Lalu Sir! But I am reluctant to get tires online as they may send older tires/ defective ones. Just want to avoid the headache that may follow, hence ready to pay a small premium in price from where I can see/ check what I am getting before paying for it.

Dear Sumeet: I have already filled up the contact form on the GoodYear Website yesterday. However, no followup call or even an email for acknowledgment has been received as yet. In case they respond, nothing better. By the way, did you get the Turanzas for your Civic? If yes, how much did you pay for them?

Thanks Gentlemen for your advice.
Regards,
Saket.
This was in 2011. I emailed to bridgstone guys and they responded. They said they were expecting a fresh batch to be dispatched then and asked me where i wanted the tyres delivered. I told them to deliver to a local authorised shop and paid in cash. I had got fresh out of the factory stock then. Price was around 6.2k a piece then.
Old 7th September 2016, 23:01   #7751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
This was in 2011. I emailed to bridgstone guys and they responded. They said they were expecting a fresh batch to be dispatched then and asked me where i wanted the tyres delivered. I told them to deliver to a local authorised shop and paid in cash. I had got fresh out of the factory stock then. Price was around 6.2k a piece then.
Thanks Sumeet. I have put a request again at GY website. Lets see if they respond.
By the way, quite a hefty price you paid for Turanza, that too in 2011. I am looking for a more value for money option.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 7th September 2016, 23:28   #7752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sumeet. I have put a request again at GY website. Lets see if they respond.
By the way, quite a hefty price you paid for Turanza, that too in 2011. I am looking for a more value for money option.

Regards,
Saket.
Yes they are pricey. I have the 205 size. Even michelin were priced similar those days and now as well. I noticed the Turanza AR 20 is in same price range today. My current tyres have done 45k and am expecting another 5 to 7k kms more from them before i decide to change

Edit : I had emailed BS customer care for the tyres.

www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2481529).

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 7th September 2016 at 23:31.
Old 8th September 2016, 20:43   #7753
Senior - BHPian

Got Engine mount changed , there was no gap on the previous one .

The part number seems to be changed , is this the revised one ? Did some one change recently with same part number ?

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-2.jpg
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 13:20   #7754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Got Engine mount changed , there was no gap on the previous one .

The part number seems to be changed , is this the revised one ? Did some one change recently with same part number ?
Yup its the redesigned mount.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3652397

Check the no in the image in the linky above and the part no on your box.
Old 9th September 2016, 15:20   #7755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Yup its the redesigned mount.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3652397

Check the no in the image in the linky above and the part no on your box.
Thanks for this info, though the mounts on my Civic are fine but I guess this is something everyone needs to keep at the back of their mind. How has your experience been with these new mounts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks