Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2015, 21:35   #6241
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I was just going through some civic forums and happened to read about engine oil life indicator. Is there an option in the Indian civic? Perhaps the face-lift model?

In my Fiat Punto, there is a way to upgrade the Blue & Me software. Is such a thing possible on the civic, perhaps at the dealer end? Mine is a 2007 model and I don't even get a kmpl indicator :/
Old 5th February 2015, 05:04   #6242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I was just going through some civic forums and happened to read about engine oil life indicator. Is there an option in the Indian civic? Perhaps the face-lift model?

In my Fiat Punto, there is a way to upgrade the Blue & Me software. Is such a thing possible on the civic, perhaps at the dealer end? Mine is a 2007 model and I don't even get a kmpl indicator :/

Imo, the engine oil indicator is not a biggie, even if we get it somehow.

It just act as a counter once the reset is done based on the preset value. After reset kilometer, it just calculates the percentage of kilometer run with respect to the hard coded range (I guess this would be 5K kilometers) and displays that.
And resetting it is just as easy as resetting the trip meter.

My wishlist with respect to display information is to have the gear indicator displayed with the actuals in any mode. Currently this comes up only in M mode.
Old 5th February 2015, 10:54   #6243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post

My wishlist with respect to display information is to have the gear indicator displayed with the actuals in any mode. Currently this comes up only in M mode.
Is it present in the Civic for the US market? If not, then I guess it's wishful thinking. I've heard the information display is very limited in the Indian variant.

What are the additions to the information display post face-lift? Average mileage is one that I know for sure.
Old 5th February 2015, 15:04   #6244
BHPian

Hi LOkesh

The front shocks were replaced with spring as a full assembly and yes they are from the gen civics which are tad bit stiffer
They are the only available option now and they last longer than the old gen softer shocks.

Regarding the genuinely of parts if you want I can open up all the parts which were reached and show it to you.

Thanks
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 15:48   #6245
Senior - BHPian

@Jatin,

The rear lower arms, are they available as a full set? I guess changing the bushes are enough in most cases.
Old 5th February 2015, 16:00   #6246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Jobs done and charges thereof:

1. Front Shocks: Rs 16,500

Front Shocks replacement: Not much improvement. I was told when the car was in garage, that the lower arm bushes have gone weak, but can do another 5,000 kms atleast and I agreed not to change.
Later, I told Jatin that noise of front shocks going over bumps still persists (that kind of noise like an old rusted spring when pressed) - this was attributed to weak lower arm bushes. I mean if the noise persists, those should have been replaced. I am very finicky about noises/sounds within the cabin or otherwise while driving! Probably he wanted to save me some money in all good intentions. But for me, the job remains incomplete as far as front shocks are concerned. Not satisfied here with the work.

Also something strange that I noticed last week when I was casually having a look around the car - the rear body seems to be kind of little sunken after it has come back from the garage. Sent these pics attached at the end of this post (Compare RHS to LHS and then to front wheels - the gap between the tires and the inside body seems to be too little for the rear wheels) to him for clarification and was told that rear shocks have also gone weak Wasn't told about this earlier
5/10

Parts: Jatin claims to use all genuine OEM parts. I trust him. Anyway if he is not then fellow BHPians would have already punched hole in his claims.
What's the Brand of these shocks? Also how much extra would have replacement of lower arm bushes have costed? My car is also getting due for suspension overhaul, wanted to check the shocks, Jatin has mentioned that they are little more stiffer than original shocks. If that's the case then these are more than welcome change as I find Civic's suspension too soft, and wanted something more stiffer.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2015 at 09:41. Reason: Typos
Old 5th February 2015, 20:44   #6247
BHPian

@laluks

Original Honda arms can be got but they are frightfully expensive. and usually just by replacing bushes and ball joints it solves the issue unless the arm is bent or damaged it doesnt require a change IMO.

@saurabhkum
The Shocks are Honda Original typically for parts considering Shocks and bushes ball joints etc it goes to around 32-35k without labor and pressing charges, and doable in one days time, if all parts are on hand.

Thanks
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 11:45   #6248
Senior - BHPian

What car cover you guys use ? Once I saw a civic with blue plastic waterproof cover . Any pointers to have waterproof and UV proof cover ?
Old 6th February 2015, 11:58   #6249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
What car cover you guys use ? Once I saw a civic with blue plastic waterproof cover . Any pointers to have waterproof and UV proof cover ?
I would recommend any cover made from Dupont Tyvek material as I have used it on my Esteem for a long time and it is very good. Unfortunately, I am not able to source a similar one for my Civic, not even online. I tried Vicky.in but owing to some negative remarks I read elsewhere on the forum, chose to email them with my query and am yet to get a response. Need to source one soon. Let me know if you make any headway.
Old 6th February 2015, 13:27   #6250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I would recommend any cover made from Dupont Tyvek material as I have used it on my Esteem for a long time and it is very good. Unfortunately, I am not able to source a similar one for my Civic, not even online. I tried Vicky.in but owing to some negative remarks I read elsewhere on the forum, chose to email them with my query and am yet to get a response. Need to source one soon. Let me know if you make any headway.
What's wrong with the car cover that you got with the Civic? I've been using it for 8 years now and it does what it's supposed to. Pretty decent material.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 14:11   #6251
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Carmate is the brand. It is available in Silver, Blue, and one more. the colour determines the quality and price.

My own experience i 2-3 years is the maximum you can expect. Tyvek is good but tough to find.

Last edited by sgiitk : 6th February 2015 at 14:13.
Old 6th February 2015, 15:57   #6252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
What's wrong with the car cover that you got with the Civic? I've been using it for 8 years now and it does what it's supposed to. Pretty decent material.
Maybe you have covered parking. Mine was fine too until about a year back when I shifted my residence and my car is now parked outdoors. Even otherwise the cover IMHO is not great for tough use.
Old 6th February 2015, 16:30   #6253
Distinguished - BHPian

Can any one provide me with a price list of Honda cars mentioning the price of Civic in 2007? An invoice would be great for a similar vintage. I require it for calculating the road tax at my place.

Thanks!
Old 6th February 2015, 16:34   #6254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Unless there is deep scoring /pitting it is very rare for the discs not to take at least two skimmings.
It has been skimmed once earlier as well sir, all thanks to this after market pad installed about 3 years back in Gurgaon
Old 7th February 2015, 12:51   #6255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Can any one provide me with a price list of Honda cars mentioning the price of Civic in 2007? An invoice would be great for a similar vintage. I require it for calculating the road tax at my place.
Would like to share that Lalu Sir was kind enough to share the invoice in a jiffy Thank you Sir!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks