Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2015, 19:11   #6376
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Clutch set was 5200 plus taxes.
Fly wheel was fine not even a scratch thankfully, no skimming done
That's about the same price I got it for. So a good deal there.
I've still not found time to go to Ghai to enquire about the suspension parts I need. I'll give you a buzz then.
Old 17th March 2015, 07:40   #6377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Dear All - Unfortunately it happened with me:

Hello any update on what was done.
Old 17th March 2015, 13:31   #6378
BHPian

Well, finally was able to make the Civic Bluetooth compatible! Got this Bluetooth audio adapter from Amazon for Rs.500 only and a Griffin USB power adapter/plug. Since the 12v plug and the aux in cable are besides each other, it's a very neat job to put the BT adapter in the power-outlet using the Griffin USB plug and a short 3.5 male to male cable from the BT adapter to the aux in right below.
Surprisingly, it sounds really good! Now all my music can be streamed to the stereo without any messy wires and such (I also put in tasker app in my phone to put the application and max volume when BT connection is fixed)

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 17th March 2015 at 13:35.
Old 17th March 2015, 15:24   #6379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Well, finally was able to make the Civic Bluetooth compatible! Got this Bluetooth audio adapter from Amazon for Rs.500 only and a Griffin USB power adapter/plug. Since the 12v plug and the aux in cable are besides each other, it's a very neat job to put the BT adapter in the power-outlet using the Griffin USB plug and a short 3.5 male to male cable from the BT adapter to the aux in right below.
Surprisingly, it sounds really good! Now all my music can be streamed to the stereo without any messy wires and such (I also put in tasker app in my phone to put the application and max volume when BT connection is fixed)
Show us some pictures of the setup, and also the model/make etc of your choice
Old 17th March 2015, 15:37   #6380
BHPian

Thats a neat one. I use the Kinivo BTC450 BT kit. It also helps to control volume and change tracks and also for voice calling. You can see the product and review at:

http://www.amazon.in/Kinivo-BTC450-B..._aya_orig_subj

My Review:
Given that my civic does not have a BT head unit, I was looking for a BT unit that can connect to my phone to become a headset unit cum music streamer. When I read some positive reviews, I jumped on this.

If you need a quick review, ":go and buy this, period". Its almost perfect and nothing in market comes at this quality at this price!

Now for detailed review:

Good things:
1. Perfect pairing with my android and windows phone.
2. Voice quality and mic quality is very good.
3. Good build
4. Very easy operation, once you get used to it.
5. Has a USB port for charging which is very thoughtful given that it take one for powering up

Can improve:
1. Given the thin wire, bass is not perfect. I believe it does drop few lower frequencies.
2. Connects to only one device. As in you cannot connect to two phones at same time but you can connect one BT enable music player and one BT phone at same time.
3. Thin wire which scares me everytime that it will break
4. should include noise cancellation in the mic, be careful where you place it.

The product is excellent and easy to use. Even my wife uses it which is a example of the ease of use. It connects to multiple phones without any problem BUT remember only one phone at one time. If you and your wife are travelling, only one phone can be connected not both. The controls work very well for volume + and _ and song prev and next,

The music is almost perfect, being nit picky only the base area takes a hit. I did discuss with Kinivo on it and gave my feedback. I think a thicker wire could make this problem vanish. All in all a very good solution.

Tip: ensure you dont place the mic or receiver near a/c vent. it picks up the air noise

Kinivo: please dont make the wire fixed, rather make them removable, and provide varying lengths of wire, this will make the installation easier and neat

Last edited by madbullram : 17th March 2015 at 15:38.
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 16:01   #6381
BHPian

Actually yes, the Kinivo is a better superior product but the same issue with the wires and such is what threw me off a bit. And since I don't encourage voice call during driving, didn't see the need of it. And I'm currently using the Ganna app for music, not sure if the controls in Kinivo can skip a track (which I'm sure it can in the local audio app).
My search started off with the Belkin one (forgot the name) that was like 4k or so. Then I saw this interesting kit from Kinivo for half the price. And then I saw the Rs.500 one...need I explain more?
I'll send the pics of how the setup looks like.
Even I heard the usual issue of low quality audio (and this is the reason I didn't take the risk of going for an expensive device) But surprisingly, the bass was better than the normal aux cable and as good as a typical CD, the sub hits the base as low as ever. Never expected that and thus way happy.
This is the setup in my Civic but in the Sunny, it's a bit more messy since the power plug is way behind the hand brake in the center (between the seats) and the aux in the dashboard, so with all the wires and such, it looked bad. Which is why I chose a battery driven device from Amazon (Rs.980 and the name is EDUP EP-B3511) which has a battery that lasts 8 hrs and no wires. A friend of mine got it earleir and I borrowed it to check in the Sunny and it works like a charm, so ordered that immediately from Amazon.
So the current one I'm having, the non battery powered one, goes to the Civic and the battery powered one in the Sunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Thats a neat one. I use the Kinivo BTC450 BT kit. It also helps to control volume and change tracks and also for voice calling. You can see the product and review at:

http://www.amazon.in/Kinivo-BTC450-B..._aya_orig_subj

My Review:
Given that my civic does not have a BT head unit, I was looking for a BT unit that can connect to my phone to become a headset unit cum music streamer. When I read some positive reviews, I jumped on this.

If you need a quick review, ":go and buy this, period". Its almost perfect and nothing in market comes at this quality at this price!

Now for detailed review:

Good things:
1. Perfect pairing with my android and windows phone.
2. Voice quality and mic quality is very good.
3. Good build
4. Very easy operation, once you get used to it.
5. Has a USB port for charging which is very thoughtful given that it take one for powering up

Can improve:
1. Given the thin wire, bass is not perfect. I believe it does drop few lower frequencies.
2. Connects to only one device. As in you cannot connect to two phones at same time but you can connect one BT enable music player and one BT phone at same time.
3. Thin wire which scares me everytime that it will break
4. should include noise cancellation in the mic, be careful where you place it.

The product is excellent and easy to use. Even my wife uses it which is a example of the ease of use. It connects to multiple phones without any problem BUT remember only one phone at one time. If you and your wife are travelling, only one phone can be connected not both. The controls work very well for volume + and _ and song prev and next,

The music is almost perfect, being nit picky only the base area takes a hit. I did discuss with Kinivo on it and gave my feedback. I think a thicker wire could make this problem vanish. All in all a very good solution.

Tip: ensure you dont place the mic or receiver near a/c vent. it picks up the air noise

Kinivo: please dont make the wire fixed, rather make them removable, and provide varying lengths of wire, this will make the installation easier and neat

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 17th March 2015 at 16:14.
Old 17th March 2015, 16:12   #6382
BHPian

Quote:
Show us some pictures of the setup, and also the model/make etc of your choice
Yup, will do that once I go home today. It;s currently in my Sunny which I use more often than the Civic. Will take the pics soon.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 20:46   #6383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hello any update on what was done.
Hey, I thank all the advisers in this forum for the suggestions. I did explore the FNG but did not find them satisfactory. Working from a Manufacturing company, I am blinded with the fact that authentic spares are always recommended.

I have decided to get the work done from HASS and they did the whole job. I am going Tomm morning to check it out & negotiate for a final amount.
Old 18th March 2015, 09:42   #6384
BHPian

So as promised, here are the pics of the BT install I did in the Civic. Got to be gentle with the adapter...its liable to break open if you pull it too hard from the power plug. But for Rs.500 it sounds very good.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-7.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-2.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-8.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-6.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-5.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-4.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-3.jpg  

rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 11:15   #6385
Senior - BHPian

How good is the audio quality? The reviews on amazon are not very encouraging.
Old 18th March 2015, 11:58   #6386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
How good is the audio quality? The reviews on amazon are not very encouraging.
I had the same doubt too, which is why I purchased the low price one but to be honest, I don't feel it's a compromise and I tried this in both my cars with totally different audio setup (The Sunny with stock speakers and a powered sub and this Civic with amplified components and rear coaxial). Both in my opinion, sounds pretty good. Since I had nothing to loose except Rs.500, I went ahead anyway.
I did get the first unit from Amazon which wasn't working and returned it and got the refund. Ordered another similar product from another seller in amazon and it works fine except for the flimsy build quality, so I recommend not to pull it out from the power socket every time. However, only time can say how long it survives.
And here is the other unit I ordered from Amazon for the Sunny (lack of messy wires for this one)
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-unnamed-1.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-unnamed.jpg  

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 18th March 2015 at 12:06.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 20:18   #6387
BHPian

Can anyone help me with the wiring for the steering wheel mounted audio controls. I have acquired a 2009 model car couple of months ago and have been slowly building her back to good , she was utterly neglected by the previous owner.
I've sourced a good condition steering wheel from a salvage dealer but my horn wouldn't work when i connected the supplied socket,so had to remove the wiring from my older steering wheel to make it work. Any pointers ?
Old 19th March 2015, 09:01   #6388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Can anyone help me with the wiring for the steering wheel mounted audio controls. I have acquired a 2009 model car couple of months ago and have been slowly building her back to good , she was utterly neglected by the previous owner.
I've sourced a good condition steering wheel from a salvage dealer but my horn wouldn't work when i connected the supplied socket,so had to remove the wiring from my older steering wheel to make it work. Any pointers ?
There's a DIY here that might be of help:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e...l-audio-2.html

Last edited by coolkurt : 19th March 2015 at 09:09.
Old 19th March 2015, 19:08   #6389
BHPian

Quote:
Now I guess it is an internal problem to the Alpine Head Unit :(
But - last attempt, please check all the fuses once more, even if the connector is fine if nothing comes to the connector things can still be bad!
Hey Ive got a similar problem. The area where the time is displayed is blinking continuously. It is not showing a steady time(right corner just near the info button). Any guesses why this happens ?
Old 19th March 2015, 19:28   #6390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Hey, I thank all the advisers in this forum for the suggestions. I did explore the FNG but did not find them satisfactory. Working from a Manufacturing company, I am blinded with the fact that authentic spares are always recommended.

I have decided to get the work done from HASS and they did the whole job. I am going Tomm morning to check it out & negotiate for a final amount.
Guys, I have got my car back with new tail light,bumper and Left Qtr panel. I have attached the pictures and they seem to be looking good. I however face a new issue now and I have uploaded the same on youtube.

Issue: I generally lock the doors while driving. After I got the car home and parked it, I unlocked the doors. Then as soon as I tried to open my door, it goes in locked mode. It only opens if I do not lock the doors while I drive. Also when I get out of the car and close the door, the car locks automatically right away.

Let me know guys if there is a solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks