Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 14:42   #6346
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Are you sure it's 20k for the pump replacement and not repair. I was quoted 45k outside for a new pump.
45k is blasphemous. Last I remember, it was around 12-14k outside. I will enquire about it tomm. HASS said 20k for the pump and 60k for the rack.

@Laluks

I'm going to Ghai tomm. Still need that tail lamp?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 14:57   #6347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
@Laluks

I'm going to Ghai tomm. Still need that tail lamp?
Yes, Please
Please check your PM
Old 11th March 2015, 13:11   #6348
BHPian

Dear All - Unfortunately it happened with me:

Goregaon Western Express Highway, Bumper to Bumper traffic. Was heading to a meeting in the evening after hours (I hate my job sometimes). I accelerated and the Alto in front of me applied sudden brakes. So I did the same and managed to brake way ahead. The Honda CRV behind me could not do so and rammed into my rear.

Please see the attached pictures, the next morning Arya Honda accident helpline team picked up my car and gave me an estimate. This is when I started digging into our pathetic insurance system. I am confused now to choose between ASC or Local Garage.

Anyways I request all of the esteemed members to please go through these photographs and let me know your comments.

I am also attaching the list of items that they intend to repair/replace. I still do not understand why cannot the LQP (Left Quarter Panel) be repaired. They are charging me a bomb for it.

Total Damages: 107,000 INR + tax (12.5%)
Insurance Liability:
Labour+Repair+Painting = 7,260+14,250+tax
Material = 37,500+tax
Total = 59,010+tax

My Liability:
Labour = 3000+tax
Material = 37,500+tax
Compulsory Excess = 2,000+1,500+tax
Exterior+Interior treatment = 4,500+tax
Total = 48,500+tax

I was referred to this insurance policy from Arya Honda Kalina executive(Kishore), who now quit. The policy was sold to me by Landmark Insurance Agents. Since this is the first car I purchased after returning to India, I was completely not aware of the insurance system (I take the blame, as I should have shown much interest). All I mentioned to those sales agents is I want to be covered completely. She said 100% is not possible but 90% is. I went for this policy.

Now after the accident, I visited their Reay Road workshop(this is where they fix all damaged Honda vehicles) and the executive there (Irfan Shaikh) mentioned that had I gone for their in-house Zero Depreciation policy offered by Arya Honda, I would have been covered for 90% value. I mentioned nobody bothered to advice me on the same.

So I have decided to take up this issue with their customer support team who frequently send me mails pertaining to offers, free car washes, feedback etc. I spoke to the lady (Mamta) and mentioned that all these figures should be waived off :P But frankly I am not prepared to bare the losses. I will put all the efforts in pushing the Old Gentlemen who rammed my car to bare the charges. Had he had control over his wheel, he could have braked appropriately. His Honda CRV is Dec 2014 model and is on lease from Arval. I have no idea how lease of car works in India.

I am yet to get a feedback from them.

Will keep you guys posted. cheers !
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_5820.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_5823.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_5832.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_5833.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_5825.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-damages.png  

Old 11th March 2015, 14:06   #6349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Insurance Liability:
Material = 37,500+tax
Total = 59,010+tax

My Liability:
Labour = 3000+tax
Material = 37,500+tax
Total = 48,500+tax

Hello,

Please take your car to a good repair shop (look up team bhp directory). Ask them to have a look over and get the total charges incuding paint, time needed for them. If what they quote (and i am sure it will be ) less than or even close to what you would have to pay for getting it done via insurance then please get it done from them. There is no point in paying such a huge sum like 48,500 Rs via the insurance way because not only will you pay the huge sum but you would also lose the no claim bonus. I had once replaced the entire Rear Right door plus denting and paint (metallic) all for just at 20K at a local garage. Kindly get a second opinion before paying . Even my Civic's rear right fender had been damaged and it had sharp and deep scratches courtesy a freaking truck who rammed his left front tyre when he jumped lanes. I just spent 20K for a new RR door + rear fender repair + paint so please take note of this.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 11th March 2015 at 14:35.
Old 11th March 2015, 14:43   #6350
Senior - BHPian

From what I see from the pictures - you'll definitely need a rear tail lamp. Aftermarket ones are available around 1.5 to 2K max.
The rear left quarter panel can be dented and painted, no need to replace it. My take is it should cost between 4 to 6K max.
Bumper I would keep the old one, if its not cut. The picture is not very clear. You can opt for a part paint or full paint. Costs between 1.5 to 3K. If it is cut, these days FNG does try to join them if asked.
The bumper support behind rear bumper can be pulled back for shape.

I see a definite 10K from a FNG from the pictures.

Dicky I guess is in shape and be pressed back. Dicky lock, and monograms are looking ok, unless you want it repainted as damages are not visible. Hope the inside of the boot have not deformed very much there.

Last edited by laluks : 11th March 2015 at 14:45.
Old 11th March 2015, 17:09   #6351
BHPian

Thanks for the advice. I will now have to explore with local mechanics. But I always have a concern about the quality of work. The ASC guys claim that the work performed at a local garage will lead to internal rusting, bad paint jobs etc. He may be right but there are always experienced around and I justI hate blowing money on taxis & Autos as they are expensive and pathetic, have to scout for them.

The rear bumper got ripped slightly and the parking sensor is hanging. I anyways wanted new bumpers.

My only concern is about the LQT (Left Quarter Panel), why is this part so expensive? The ASC guys say that the entire load of the car is borne by these Quarter panels. So they cut it and weld a new panel and repaint it. They claim that the dent is very deep and cannot be fixed. I am not sure if they are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Dicky I guess is in shape and be pressed back. Dicky lock, and monograms are looking ok, unless you want it repainted as damages are not visible. Hope the inside of the boot have not deformed very much there.
Thanks. What is FNG btw ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
From what I see from the pictures - you'll definitely need a rear tail lamp. Aftermarket ones are available around 1.5 to 2K max.
The rear left quarter panel can be dented and painted, no need to replace it. My take is it should cost between 4 to 6K max.
Bumper I would keep the old one, if its not cut. The picture is not very clear. You can opt for a part paint or full paint. Costs between 1.5 to 3K. If it is cut, these days FNG does try to join them if asked.
The bumper support behind rear bumper can be pulled back for shape.

The Dicky was not closing and the sensor popped up on the screen. These guys say that it is repairable.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_5825.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 11th March 2015 at 17:17. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 11th March 2015, 18:05   #6352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My only concern is about the LQT (Left Quarter Panel), why is this part so expensive? The ASC guys say that the entire load of the car is borne by these Quarter panels. So they cut it and weld a new panel and repaint it. They claim that the dent is very deep and cannot be fixed. I am not sure if they are right.
It doesn't seem that deep in my opinion from the pictures posted. Maybe a closer and clearer pic would help.

Quote:
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage
Old 11th March 2015, 18:06   #6353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rear bumper got ripped slightly and the parking sensor is hanging. I anyways wanted new bumpers.

The Dicky was not closing and the sensor popped up on the screen. These guys say that it is repairable.
FNG - Friendly Neighborhood Garage

Check here for some pointers to a good FNG http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/

The bumper if ripped, if it is small in your case I believe it is so, still can be mended. But you need to find a FNG who is willing to do it. If you want new bumper then this is the time

Left Quarter panel can be mended. It takes time and labour, a skilled tinker can do this. Honda Service wants quick money the easy way hence the idea of replacement. My take is tinker painting should be within 6K. Please check for this.

I guess it was showing door unlocked warning lamp. The lock has to be checked and fitted back. Dont change the lock, you will have to carry another key for that lock since the existing old key wont match the new lock. Dicky I guess is very minor issue, even the monograms look ok.

Last edited by laluks : 11th March 2015 at 18:14.
Old 11th March 2015, 18:19   #6354
BHPian

Quote:

Goregaon Western Express Highway, Bumper to Bumper traffic. Was heading to a meeting in the evening after hours (I hate my job sometimes). I accelerated and the Alto in front of me applied sudden brakes. So I did the same and managed to brake way ahead. The Honda CRV behind me could not do so and rammed into my rear.

Please see the attached pictures, the next morning Arya Honda accident helpline team picked up my car and gave me an estimate. This is when I started digging into our pathetic insurance system. I am confused now to choose between ASC or Local Garage.

Anyways I request all of the esteemed members to please go through these photographs and let me know your comments.

I am also attaching the list of items that they intend to repair/replace. I still do not understand why cannot the LQP (Left Quarter Panel) be repaired. They are charging me a bomb for it.

Insurance Liability:
Material = 37,500+tax
Total = 59,010+tax

My Liability:
Labour = 3000+tax
Material = 37,500+tax
Total = 48,500+tax

I was referred to this insurance policy from Arya Honda Kalina executive(Kishore), who now quit. The policy was sold to me by Landmark Insurance Agents. Since this is the first car I purchased after returning to India, I was completely not aware of the insurance system (I take the blame, as I should have shown much interest). All I mentioned to those sales agents is I want to be covered completely. She said 100% is not possible but 90% is. I went for this policy.

Now after the accident, I visited their Reay Road workshop(this is where they fix all damaged Honda vehicles) and the executive there (Irfan Shaikh) mentioned that had I gone for their in-house Zero Depreciation policy offered by Arya Honda, I would have been covered for 90% value. I mentioned nobody bothered to advice me on the same.

So I have decided to take up this issue with their customer support team who frequently send me mails pertaining to offers, free car washes, feedback etc. I spoke to the lady (Mamta) and mentioned that all these figures should be waived off :P But frankly I am not prepared to bare the losses. I will put all the efforts in pushing the Old Gentlemen who rammed my car to bare the charges. Had he had control over his wheel, he could have braked appropriately. His Honda CRV is Dec 2014 model and is on lease from Arval. I have no idea how lease of car works in India.

I am yet to get a feedback from them.

Will keep you guys posted. cheers !
HI,

From the looks of it, the damage does not seem a lot. I suggest you approach a right FNG for an in-depth evaluation. The Company always will push for replacing all parts+obnoxious labour+denting/painting. FNG will just do denting/painting, replace the lights and you should be good to go. From my experience it should not cost you more than 20K (all incl) at a reliable FNG.

I can suggest a couple between Sion-Andheri, PM me if you need details.

Regards

Pashin
Old 11th March 2015, 19:57   #6355
BHPian

I have been trying to read a lot on "pre cat deletes" which is basically replacing the catalytic converter with a straight pipe. As mentioned in forums, the more Catcon is close to headers, more will be the hit on performance but better for the environment and vice versa.
In the case of R18 engines, Catcon is placed close to the headers.
Some of benefits mentioned are cooler running engine and better initial throttle response. Has anybody done this?
Old 11th March 2015, 21:22   #6356
BHPian

Hi Guys, The left most reverse parking sensor in my Civic has gone kaput. Whitefield honda is quoting 10K for one single sensor!!!! I dont think there is any way this figure is correct. Can I escalate this issue to Honda if so? Also is there any place i can get a replacement at a practical cost.
Old 12th March 2015, 08:56   #6357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
Hi Guys, The left most reverse parking sensor in my Civic has gone kaput. Whitefield honda is quoting 10K for one single sensor!!!! I dont think there is any way this figure is correct. Can I escalate this issue to Honda if so? Also is there any place i can get a replacement at a practical cost.
That reverse parking sensor which came in V Varient is not a honda genuine part. It was a cheap and lazy way to differentiate 2 variants released from the factory. It is as good as any 3rd party reverse sensor kit which is available from JC Road.

If you can buy any decent brand like Xenos or Autocop (whole kit will cost you Rs.1800) which comes with 1 year warranty , You are better off!
Old 12th March 2015, 12:06   #6358
BHPian

Sorry seniors.. This may be a little off topic but I am desperately looking for some advice on the CD changer. Since last month after my 2007 civic came back from service the stereo's blue illumination has stopped working. Everything including the CD players display works fine..just the blue light is missing. Please advice
Old 12th March 2015, 14:08   #6359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Sorry seniors.. This may be a little off topic but I am desperately looking for some advice on the CD changer. Since last month after my 2007 civic came back from service the stereo's blue illumination has stopped working. Everything including the CD players display works fine..just the blue light is missing. Please advice
Check your battery terminal and if required refix it after cleaning. I had a similar issue after a service, the battery was disconnected and connected during service, and my CD players display alone was dim. My first check was battery terminals and it worked. Hopefully yours too.
Old 12th March 2015, 15:12   #6360
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
I had ordered the reverse sensor in my Civic in 2010 and it was some 31k (four sensors). I had insisted on BSIV and the sensors became standard in BSIV units so I saved money. The price increase for BSIV was about 10k, so the net saving was 20k!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks