Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2016, 09:57   #7636
BHPian

Hi Guys,

The Armrest lock in my car broke yesterday. I just heard a click sound and it stopped locking the armrest in its place. Any idea how to get it fixed. Surprisingly the armrest hasn't been opened much in my car.
Old 13th July 2016, 10:04   #7637
Distinguished - BHPian

In my case the spring of arm rest lock (click lock) is broken for a long time. Manually pressing the lock catch has been working.
Old 13th July 2016, 11:07   #7638
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
I reckon you get the terminal connectors checked and spray them with a battery terminal protector to prevent build up of sulfuric acid and hydrogen crystals on them.
Thanks, will get it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I faced this exact issue more than 4 years ago on my Civic when cruising on the highway. It lasted for a few seconds after which the car drove as nothing had happened. My battery was fairly new as well then. Have not had the issue ever since and hence do not have a clue why it happened too.
Ditto. Only difference - It lasted for well over an hour. But nothing the next day onwards. I just hope that this issue doesn't crop up atleast for next 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@1lokesh; I do not think it is the battery but some wiring issue. Once the engine is running the battery has a minimal role. One I even ran my M800 with a nearly dead battery. It was before ECU days. Once I managed to push start it, it ran happily till I reached a workshop. The alternator was turning out enough juice to keep it going.
Yes sir. That was what I was thinking as well. May be a lose connection. I am going to get wirings checked this weekend. Do you recommend any particular string to focus on?
Old 13th July 2016, 11:07   #7639
Senior - BHPian

Same experience as Sudev! Never worried about it since manual locking worked fine for me too. However I have to say my glovebox was used a lot since all my ICE sourcing was neatly routed into the glovebox, resulting in frequent opening/closing. And it went kaput just a days weeks before I sold my car.
Old 13th July 2016, 11:18   #7640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Same experience as Sudev! Never worried about it since manual locking worked fine for me too. However I have to say my glovebox was used a lot since all my ICE sourcing was neatly routed into the glovebox, resulting in frequent opening/closing. And it went kaput just a days weeks before I sold my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
In my case the spring of arm rest lock (click lock) is broken for a long time. Manually pressing the lock catch has been working.
I tried manually locking it however it opens itself and I am annoyed with this.
Old 13th July 2016, 15:06   #7641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

The Armrest lock in my car broke yesterday. I just heard a click sound and it stopped locking the armrest in its place. Any idea how to get it fixed. Surprisingly the armrest hasn't been opened much in my car.
My car had the same issue. Asked Honda ASS about it and he said he would have to replace the entire arm rest costing around 4k and just the lock is not available.

Researched online and found the part and the part no. Gave the part no. to the ASS guy and he ordered the part.

Here's a click of the part for your reference. Ask the ass guy to order it for you. It costs around 100 bucks if i remember correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-armrestlockclipletaktanganhondacivicfd1fd2mfavaluemoney141213mfavaluemoney3.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2016 at 11:01. Reason: Typo.
sambhav.jain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 16:43   #7642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I tried manually locking it however it opens itself and I am annoyed with this.
I took two rubber bands in parallel,(or maybe 1 thick one) and looped them over the latch and the stub below the latch.

Works well.

You may have to tweak the tightness of the rubber bands to get the right feel.

Rgds
Old 13th July 2016, 16:49   #7643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
My car had the same issue. Asked Honda ASS about it and he said he would have to replace the entire arm rest costing around 4k and just the lock is not available.

Researched online and found the part and the part no. Gave the part no. to the ASS guy and he ordered the part.

Here's a click of the part for your reference. Ask the ass guy to order it for you. It costs around 100 bugs if i remember correctly.
Typical response of the H.A.S.S. 4k vs 100 bucks ! Ideally, they should have researched the part number and ordered it for you. Guess they tried pulling a fast one on you by asking to replace the entire arm rest assembly. Thank God, you were not asked to replace the entire car for this !
Old 13th July 2016, 17:59   #7644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Typical response of the H.A.S.S. 4k vs 100 bucks ! Ideally, they should have researched the part number and ordered it for you.
Seriously typical of Honda ASC, isn't it!

And I see this behavior spread all across the bandwagon! No ASC likes to take this pain, the sole reason I always take help of Google and my Mechanic with common problems like these. Helps me save some $$$, always!
Old 13th July 2016, 18:04   #7645
Distinguished - BHPian

My car's armrest lock was broken too. I used to secure the latch manually but the armrest would pop open whenever the car went through a sudden bump, etc.
HASS had quoted a ridiculous amount to fix it. Decided to go DIY route and opened the spring lock mechanism and just adjusted the spring inside to create more tension and that was it.
The arm rest is working fine since then. So, a 15-20 minute DIY can save you the hassle and ridiculous HASS charges. And of course, if you get the part mentioned above, you are good to go.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 13th July 2016 at 18:08.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 12:52   #7646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Anyone used this USB/Aux interface with the Stock HU of Civic?
Yes, I have used this and its completely fine and works pretty well.
I had ordered this from Aliexpress and have been using it since last 1 year.
StallionAmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 15:41   #7647
BHPian

Anyone else facing or has water leakage from this spot during the rains? This is on driver's side at the joint where the fabric meets the plastic.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_1718.jpg

Took the car to HASS today and they said they'll need to keep the car for 4-5 days and then only will confirm the solution. SA also told me that it will be a minimum of 20k given that all rubber beadings etc will have to be replaced

Facing this issue only for last 4-5 days. It was all fine earlier.
Old 17th July 2016, 09:28   #7648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Anyone else facing or has water leakage from this spot during the rains? This is on driver's side at the joint where the fabric meets the plastic.

Attachment 1529681

Took the car to HASS today and they said they'll need to keep the car for 4-5 days and then only will confirm the solution. SA also told me that it will be a minimum of 20k given that all rubber beadings etc will have to be replaced

Have a word with Deva and see what he has to say about this. 20k for rubber beadings is too much.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 16:25   #7649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Yes, I have used this and its completely fine and works pretty well.
I had ordered this from Aliexpress and have been using it since last 1 year.
Awesome, What port does it plug in?
And USB slot works as well?
What about sound quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post

I bought a preworshipped Civic VTi-L in Melbourne 2 months ago.
And it started dripping water exactly from here, this used to happen only when it was left parked in rain for a couple of hours and water used to drip for a few seconds and then stop.

I took out the plastic beading over the roof and reseated the rubber seal on the right corner of windhshield, and this fixed the issue for me, no more wet arms

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th July 2016 at 20:02. Reason: B2B posts merged.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 11:04   #7650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Awesome, What port does it plug in? And USB slot works as well? What about sound quality?
I have the same unit too, ordered from aliexpress for INR 1,800 . The white connector goes into the external CD changer socket at the back of the stock HU. Sound quality is good, I'm no audiophile but my 320 KBPS MP3 files play as good as they do in the stock blaupunkt unit on my punto.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-civic-radio-rear.jpg  

WasavaTyres is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed