Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2016, 21:14   #7486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Was in Delhi over the weekend. Did a quick catching up with coolkurt and we both went Civic spares shopping. The stores really impressed me, Lucky Coolkurt.

Now I know where to place my orders!! Picked up a Belt, Pulley bearing, Rear tail lamp and condensor fan motor, all for little over 4K

Condensor fan motor was a direct fit and could finish the DIY in 10 minutes

Coolkurt - Thanks for your time and taking me around to the shops. Till next time and more orders...

I will post the pictures of the replacement of fan motor when I get some time.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 22:54   #7487
Distinguished - BHPian

I would be great for us, fellow Civic owners if you can share the details of the shop like the address and contact numbers.

Regards
Saket.
Old 18th May 2016, 07:54   #7488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Was in Delhi over the weekend. Did a quick catching up with coolkurt and we both went Civic spares shopping. The stores really impressed me, Lucky Coolkurt.

Now I know where to place my orders!! Picked up a Belt, Pulley bearing, Rear tail lamp and condensor fan motor, all for little over 4K

Coolkurt - Thanks for your time and taking me around to the shops. Till next time and more orders...

It was good to catch up with you too. Hopefully you'll share details of your north India trip too. And how much of a disappointment Zoomcar turned out to be. :P

Those stores are lifeline..save me the hassles of dealing with overpriced spares at Honda A.S.S. They're confident that there will be no shortage of Civic spares for atleast a decade so that's something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I would be great for us, fellow Civic owners if you can share the details of the shop like the address and contact numbers.

Regards
Saket.

Here are the details:

1. Ghai Spares, shop no -12, main road savitri nagar, Malviya Nagar, Delhi - 110017. Ph: 098-102-99709

2. Batra Auto, Ashram. K-68, Hari Nagar Ashram Chowk. Ph: 099-996-34477.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 19:29   #7489
BHPian

Guys here is a pic of the HUD that i have installed in my Honda Civic.
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-thumb_img_7540_1024.jpg
what is the healthy battery voltage value ? The HUD is showing between 13.3 to 13.6. And what is the lower limit when we should change the battery?
Old 19th May 2016, 09:34   #7490
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Laluks,
Please do let us know which shops/areas you visited? Any particular store that you would recommend?
Cost of condenser fan motor? what was the issue with it?

Would love to know more.

Rgds
Old 19th May 2016, 17:53   #7491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Hi Laluks,
Please do let us know which shops/areas you visited? Any particular store that you would recommend?
Cost of condenser fan motor? what was the issue with it?

Would love to know more.

Rgds
Coolkurt already posted the details a few posts below

1. Ghai Spares, shop no -12, main road savitri nagar, Malviya Nagar, Delhi - 110017. Ph: 098-102-99709

Condensor fan motor - Denso - 2400/- Issue was mine was making noise as if its bearings went kaput
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 19:00   #7492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Mobil1 is API-SN. So it 0W40 is definitely fine. only you fuel consumption may be higher by 2-5% with SAE40.
Pardon my ignorance, but how would the consumption be more
Old 19th May 2016, 21:26   #7493
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I went to a local key maker today, to check if he could make duplicate key for my Civic. The Guy quoted 3500 rupees for duplicate key with remote and 1500 without remote. What do you think about the prices.
Old 19th May 2016, 23:12   #7494
BHPian

Hi Guys the battery in the remote locking and unlocking key is losing its power, where i can get the cell/battery and can i do it myself or do i need to take it to some authorised service centre?
Old 19th May 2016, 23:26   #7495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi Guys the battery in the remote locking and unlocking key is losing its power, where i can get the cell/battery and can i do it myself or do i need to take it to some authorised service centre?
Battery can be got from a regular shop selling one like a stationery store which stocks such batteries. Changing the battery is no big deal and you will need a small sized screw driver for same. Battery should be max 50 bucks.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 08:50   #7496
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but how would the consumption be more
As you to a higher viscosity the friction in the engine increases. If you go too thin you risk the piston rubbing in the cylinder or a bearing not having an oil cushion, both are potential disasters. In fact looking at the same motor in the US etc I see they are even happy with SAE0W20, remember Arizona is probably as hot as Rajasthan! However, the recommendation is for SAE30 so that is what I use.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 10:38   #7497
BHPian

Quote:
Coolkurt already posted the details a few posts below

Condensor fan motor - Denso - 2400/- Issue was mine was making noise as if its bearings went kaput
Thanks a ton. Ghai spares is good. I was able to get the side ORVM mirror glass for a mere 180 rs there. Perfect fit, perfect vision, exactly like OEM in terms of convexity.

Can you please let me know the type of noise the fan was making?

Also, any shops in Kashmere gate that you visited? I think i may go one day there to have a look around.
My mechanic also got a replacement mount for the Right ORVM (The block between the mirror to the body). I never thought that would be available as a replacement. He got it from some place near Jama Masjid.

rgds
Old 20th May 2016, 11:30   #7498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

I went to a local key maker today, to check if he could make duplicate key for my Civic. The Guy quoted 3500 rupees for duplicate key with remote and 1500 without remote. What do you think about the prices.
I got a spare key made last week, a non remote one for Rs.1,800. The remote one was Rs,4,500. Prices you have been quoted seem OK as I was given a similar quote by SFK flip key guy. But that entailed shipping my only key across to him in Delhi and waiting for him to ship it back.

Quote:
The battery is CR1616 (3V) Fairly easy to source and replace. I had bought one made by Varta from flipkart for Rs.85 last year.

Quote:
Guys here is a pic of the HUD that i have installed in my Honda Civic.
Attachment 1508486
what is the healthy battery voltage value ? The HUD is showing between 13.3 to 13.6. And what is the lower limit when we should change the battery?
I had asked the Amaron service guys this question once. Between 13.6 - 14.1 is a healthy battery. Anything below 12 and you're staring at a Rs.6,000 hole in your pocket.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th May 2016 at 14:31. Reason: Good info, thanks for sharing. However, please use our multi-quote feature (see the Team-BHP FAQ for details).
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 14:58   #7499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Thanks Nik. Quite useful information.

I took the car to an FNG known as Deva bhai in chembur, as suggested by Summet. He did the same exercise of removing the wheel, getting the car on a jack and running the engine. Apparently was able to find the leak source. he says that its not in pipes but in the pump itself - the sealings IIRC. He has also cleaned up all the pipes with a dry cloth and has asked me to return tomorrow. I am going to give the car back to him tomorrow morning. Estimated a total of INR2.5k for this. According to him the rack is fine. Let me see how it goes tomorrow. Will update once resolved.

Cheers!

Left the car next day morning for the repairs. Got a call in the afternoon from him when he informed me that apart from the pump leak, steering rack will also need repair and the rattling sound (from under the bonnet when in slow speed over the uneven surface) was from front suspension - the tie rod, ball joint and stabiliser link had gone kaput. While the ball joint could be pressed, the tie rod and link will have to be replaced. All this suspension related work was done less than a year ago at another "not so FNG"

Anyways, gave him a go ahead to complete all the work after hearing all his estimates on the cost.

Got the car back late on Sunday evening. Everything done professionally and to my satisfaction. Total dent - INR 16k

On another note, in last one year I would have spent well over a Lac and a half on my Civic due to issues like this cropping up every couple of months. This makes me really sad and frustrated. I have a habit of driving the car in perfect condition. Any sound, noise or uncomfort just makes me restless. While someone told me to live with the PS pump leakage and keep topping up PS oil (since the leakage was very minor), I just couldn't sit with the problem.

My Civic is 2007 model, S MT. Bought it from my boss who was moving abroad in 2011 with 32k on the odo. It reads 1.05L today. Have been extremely satisfied with the car till about these issues came up. Since last 1 year, I have got following work done:

- Clutch overhaul,
- Suspension work,
- Engine mount,
- PS pump and steering rack,
- AC fan motor
- And many other small things including two set of tyre changes.

This whole thing has now really put me in a tizzy, whether I should continue with my beloved Civic or move on to some thing else. I would really be sad though, parting with this much cherished ride.

What do you guys suggest...

Cheers,
Lokesh

Last edited by 1lokesh : 20th May 2016 at 15:13.
Old 20th May 2016, 15:06   #7500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Left the car next day morning for the repairs. Got a call in the afternoon from him when he informed me that apart from the pump leak, steering rack will also need repair and the rattling sound (from under the bonnet when in slow speed over the uneven surface) was from front suspension - the tie rod, ball joint and stabiliser link had gone kaput. While the ball joint could be pressed, the tie rod and link will have to be replaced. All this suspension related work was done less than a year ago at another "not so FNG"

Anyways, gave him a go ahead to complete all the work after hearing all his estimates on the cost.

Got the car back late on Sunday evening. Everything done professionally and to my satisfaction. Total dent - INR 16k

On another note, in last one year I would have spent well over a Lac and a half on my Civic due to issues like this cropping up every couple of months. This makes me really sad and frustrated. I have a habit of driving the car in perfect condition. Any sound, noise or uncomfort just makes me restless. While someone told me to live with the PS pump leakage and keep topping up PS oil (since the leakage was very minor), I just couldn't sit with the problem.

My Civic is 2007 model, S MT. Bought it from my boss who was moving abroad in 2011 with 32k on the odo. It reads 1.05L today. Have been extremely satisfied with the car till about these issues came up. Since last 1 year, I have got following work done:

- Clutch overhaul,
- Suspension work,
- Engine mount,
- PS and steering rack,
- AC fan motor
- And many other small things including two set of tyre changes.

This whole thing has now really put me in a tizzy, whether I should continue with my beloved Civic or move on to some thing else. I would really be sad though, parting with this much cherished ride.

What do you guys suggest...

Cheers,
Lokesh
I would suggest to keep the car for now as you have got all the things done on the car. You can drive for another year and then sell it off. Every thing has a life and I agree engine on Civic lasts for more than 2 lacs kms there are lot of other things which keep coming up in an old car. So if your running is high better to look for alternatives after an years time.

Also I believe the suspension work done outside ASS doesn't last long. If you get it done from ASS it will give you almost same life as the original suspension but I have observed in many cars, suspension work carried out on any car outside ASS doesn't last more than an year. Probably because we don't get OEM quality parts outside.
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks