Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2016, 20:28   #7336
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Depends upon how much more than the upper limit. If it is more like a couple of millilitres then I wouldn't worry. If substantially more then it can create more than required pressure and may lead to a leak in the head gasket leading to big service bills.

Regards.
Thanks for the response saket77.

The oil level in the dipstick is up to the white line marked in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-image.jpeg  

Old 26th March 2016, 20:53   #7337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Thanks for the response saket77.

The oil level in the dipstick is up to the white line marked in the picture.
If I recall correctly then the upper limit is the area with cross texture. If that is the case then you need to drain about quarter to half litre of oil.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 20:56   #7338
BHPian

Quote:
If I recall correctly then the upper limit is the area with cross texture. If that is the case then you need to drain about quarter to half litre of oil.

Regards.
Thanks. I would go to the service centre and drain out the oil
Old 27th March 2016, 06:38   #7339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I just chanced to visit HASS. Checked the Condenser fan motor cost, it says ~12K. With the assembly including frame and fan it is 16K.

Anyways i will be traveling to Europe soon, I will pick it up there after sourcing it and check. Seems some 20Euros for Denso!
Do this. Go to a spares shop and ask for a DENSO fan motor (with black coupler) for Maruti Esteem.
Be sure to get the one with the black coupler, not the white. It costed Rs 2400 for me. The DENSO Motor for Esteem is compatible with the one for the Civic. Almost a perfect fit.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 09:45   #7340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Do this. Go to a spares shop and ask for a DENSO fan motor (with black coupler) for Maruti Esteem.
Be sure to get the one with the black coupler, not the white. It costed Rs 2400 for me. The DENSO Motor for Esteem is compatible with the one for the Civic. Almost a perfect fit.
We don't have Ghai spares here and such insanely low prices which you seems to quote

My previous Denso make was from a reputed dealer here. I spoke to him and he says he and most of the others has the same stuff. We here call it as Denso 3200. He even offered another one for me to check out, which I kept on hold for the moment.

I don't want premature failures again. It is an irritant. For the next two months I would be extensively traveling and I have many places and choices to pick this up and am in no hurry.

BTW I am waiting for that lamp which never came
Old 27th March 2016, 10:48   #7341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
We don't have Ghai spares here and such insanely low prices which you seems to quote

My previous Denso make was from a reputed dealer here. I spoke to him and he says he and most of the others has the same stuff. We here call it as Denso 3200. He even offered another one for me to check out, which I kept on hold for the moment.

I don't want premature failures again. It is an irritant. For the next two months I would be extensively traveling and I have many places and choices to pick this up and am in no hurry.

BTW I am waiting for that lamp which never came
It totally slipped my mind.

I'm back in Delhi on tue. so I'll buzz you and ship it on Wed. pm me your number again please. Thanks!

Well it's been 5 months and that DENSO Motor is holding good. As good as it was. I agree on the Ghai Spares bit. That guy offers quality spares at reasonable prices.

@All

So I flushed the PS fluid and cleaned the bottle filter as well. But the pump is still iffy. It works randomly. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Will get it opened up and checked. If the need arises, I'll have to shell out cash for a new PS pump. Hopefully that's not the case. Any idea how much it costs? Outside HASS of course.
Old 27th March 2016, 15:18   #7342
BHPian

Guys in S mode for an A/T at what speed does the great shift happens from 3rd to 4th and from 4th to 5th ? On the holi day I was driving from cuffe parade to Andheri, there was no traffic so I though of enjoining the S mode. What I felt was that car never shifted to 4th gear. I didn't crossed 100 km per hour but in between rpm rose to around 4k but the shift didn't happened. In D mode the shift happens at around 2k to 2.5k. On expressway car crosses 100km per hour at less than 2k rpm.
Old 27th March 2016, 21:30   #7343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Guys in S mode for an A/T at what speed does the great shift happens from 3rd to 4th and from 4th to 5th ? On the holi day I was driving from cuffe parade to Andheri, there was no traffic so I though of enjoining the S mode. What I felt was that car never shifted to 4th gear. I didn't crossed 100 km per hour but in between rpm rose to around 4k but the shift didn't happened. In D mode the shift happens at around 2k to 2.5k. On expressway car crosses 100km per hour at less than 2k rpm.
In the S mode on the Civic, you have to use the paddle shifters on the steering to manually shift gears. My understanding is that up shifts are manual. Downshifting happens automatically if you are driving too slow on a high gear and the car is about to stall; otherwise downshifting has to be done manually too.
Old 27th March 2016, 23:39   #7344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
In the S mode on the Civic, you have to use the paddle shifters on the steering to manually shift gears. My understanding is that up shifts are manual. Downshifting happens automatically if you are driving too slow on a high gear and the car is about to stall; otherwise downshifting has to be done manually too.

That's not true actually. In S mode, IF you use paddle shifters, then up shifts will only be via paddle shifts. But if you just move to S and don't use paddles it'll still be in full AT mode - only difference being it holds each gear longer and up shifts at a higher RPM.
Old 28th March 2016, 08:48   #7345
BANNED

@Axe77; Also in S fifth gear is disabled in the S mode. Furthermore, i think the transmission does not freewheel at lower speeds.
Old 28th March 2016, 12:35   #7346
Distinguished - BHPian

Please let me know if the pre2009 Civics had just remote lock or it was also a security system? I have never heard any alarms ever in the car.
Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 15:39   #7347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know if the pre2009 Civics had just remote lock or it was also a security system? I have never heard any alarms ever in the car.
Regards.
The horn doubles up as the alarm and sounds intermittently when a security breach is detected. To check if your car's alarm is working fine do the following:
1. Get inside the car and lock it using the remote. Now the system is armed and you should see a red light flicker next to the speedo unit.
2. Allow for a minute to pass and then open the door by releasing the lock on the door pad. If the horn goes off, your car's alarm is working fine.

Hope this helps.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 17:09   #7348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Axe77; Also in S fifth gear is disabled in the S mode. Furthermore, i think the transmission does not freewheel at lower speeds.
Probably this is the correct justification. I'm pretty sure that I didn't hit the 5th gear in S mode. Just wanted to cross confirm if that's normal.
Old 30th March 2016, 15:36   #7349
BHPian

Bhpians,

I have two unresolved problems in my Civic.

The first one is the clutch judder which causes a noise and jerk in both the first and reverse gears. What would be the solution?

The second issue is spongy brakes. I had changed the entire front brake discs, calipers and pads. In spite of this the brakes are spongy and ineffective. HASS tells that it would improve with usage. Is it right?
Old 30th March 2016, 16:06   #7350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Your problem is a classic choked up cooling coil problem. Get it leak checked and cleaned. Check if both fans up front are working at full speed during AC operation. Fill in fresh gas and comp oil topup. Have fun.
Thanks pixantz. I am going to get this checked this weekend. HASS guys have highlighted "AC fan jammed" for a couple of times but I have never experienced car heating up abnormally - which should be the first cause of fan failure. So this cooling coil seems to be the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Lokesh was the ac relay looked into ?
Not yet Sumeet. I will have that too looked into this weekend. Planning to go to Unicool.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks