Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:10   #6871
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I haven't used the audio jack yet, will give it a try and let you know.
Old 24th September 2015, 03:19   #6872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Two queries on the interiors.

1.The seat fabric in my civic has gradually faded. Now I prefer fabric over leather and I have a thing of maintaining the OEM look. Can they do it at HASS? Any cheaper option in Delhi?
Hi Coolkurt, did you finally get the leather work done for your interiors? I've been mulling this for my Civic for a long time and keen on the OEM look too. Was looking for some experiences with people who've had it done. What kind of leather did you use, any particular brand, a good place from where you had the work done and approximate total cost.
Old 24th September 2015, 13:35   #6873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Hi Coolkurt, did you finally get the leather work done for your interiors? I've been mulling this for my Civic for a long time and keen on the OEM look too. Was looking for some experiences with people who've had it done. What kind of leather did you use, any particular brand, a good place from where you had the work done and approximate total cost.
I'm afraid I've still got that on my to do list. After a dusty trip to punjab, I had to get the interiors dry cleaned. So they're not looking all too bad.

From what I had asked, Art - Leather is what most people go for. Price depends on the design etc. Anywhere from 8-9k to 20k. Lajpat Nagar II has got a place called Gem Car that I know we'll enough. You can take the quotes from others in the vicinity as well.

let us know your experience
Old 24th September 2015, 15:10   #6874
BHPian

Thanks Coolkurt for that quick response. I've moved to Bombay so I'll need to dig up a good place there. Am also considering Stanley but Art is the name that keeps popping up. Do post if you eventually get the new seat covers. Cheers!
Old 24th September 2015, 18:38   #6875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit
Question: I have ordered this device from Aliexpress, one question Does 3.5mm audio jack play from iPhone/iPod/iPad? USB as i can understand easily play.
Yes, I plugged in my ipod to the audio in jack this morning, and it plays fine. Just that unlike the USB device where you can use the CD+ / CD- and Track fwd rewind buttons to change folders and tracks, with the audio in jack you have to change tracks and folders from the ipod itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo-240915-9-20-01-am.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo-240915-9-20-56-am.jpg  

WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 19:36   #6876
BHPian

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a preowned civic. Need new brake pads. So asked for a set of nissin pads from fng. Not really convinced of the pads as they don't have the name engraved at the back but just painted on. I wanted to see if anyone has any pics of the nissin pads or if any other options are worth exploring? Will need a clutch kit as well so any info on that will help too.

Based in Bangalore so sourcing info will be of great help!

Last edited by Diesel_convert : 25th September 2015 at 19:38.
Old 26th September 2015, 17:45   #6877
BHPian

Check this link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...erience-2.html
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 22:07   #6878
BHPian

Thanks, they are definitely fake.
What alternatives for aftermarket pads?
Old 26th September 2015, 23:02   #6879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a preowned civic. Need new brake pads. So asked for a set of nissin pads from fng. Not really convinced of the pads as they don't have the name engraved at the back but just painted on. I wanted to see if anyone has any pics of the nissin pads or if any other options are worth exploring? Will need a clutch kit as well so any info on that will help too.

Based in Bangalore so sourcing info will be of great help!

Far as I know, no FNG is honest enough in today's date, that too in India, to provide anyone with genuine car parts of any make. Leave alone brands like Honda or Ford etc. so please don't fool yourself even thinking about it. Maybe if you give it to a good independent mechanic he may be able to help you out by going out of his way and procuring it, but even in Mumbai, if you are a really discerning motorist and want nothing but the best you have to go to the imported parts markets like Opera House to get the real deal. The ASCs are total scrounges and won't help you with a counter sale. They should be hanged for this but our government couldn't care less.

I don't think you should settle for aftermarket either because with great brands like Honda, Ford, Fiat, Toyota etc, the make of the parts are such that the counterfeits can never match the performance, feel and peace of mind factor of the real one. It may be a possibility with Maruti or Hyundai etc with most parts. So that's the truth my friend, rest is upto you. Congrats on the newly acquired Honda. Give her some tlc in the first stages and then sit back and enjoy.
Old 27th September 2015, 00:05   #6880
BHPian

Well yes and no, if you are careful enough fng will work.
The major advantage I have with this fng is that he is 200mts away from home so I can just stand there and get work done. He himself said the pads were not OK. Recommended Honda original at 5.5k which is robbery for a set of brake pads. I want to explore options before giving in as of now.
Old 27th September 2015, 00:21   #6881
BHPian

You can try Roulunds pads. It's a Eu company, and also has manufacturing in India, Haryana specifically. Front and back should set you back by a couple of grand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Thanks, they are definitely fake.
What alternatives for aftermarket pads?
joshiviv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 22:51   #6882
BHPian

I am looking for used Civic from 2011-2013 models but have got confused now regarding the difference between previous model and the newer one. Yes VIN can be checked to find the manufacturing date but I want to eliminate the older models by just looking at pics online before proceeding for test drives.

Some people are posting models of 2007 or 2008 as 2011, 2012 etc.

As far as I know the older models had the central console as attached in the image. The newer models had it replaced by 5 or 6"screen.

Between V and S the visible difference is leather seats.

Can anybody here confirm my observation of music system ?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-2452.jpg  

Old 28th September 2015, 00:18   #6883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I am looking for used Civic from 2011-2013 models but have got confused now regarding the difference between previous model and the newer one. Yes VIN can be checked to find the manufacturing date but I want to eliminate the older models by just looking at pics online before proceeding for test drives.

As far as I know the older models had the central console as attached in the image. The newer models had it replaced by 5 or 6"screen.

Hi Metallicar,

I am also planning to get a Civic. I don't think there was a screen offered in any of the Civics. However for V varient you can distinguish by looking at the fog lamps. The Fog lamps were oval shaped in facelifted one. Apart from that the grill is different in both the varients. If you look at the rear the tail lights in the facelifted one are hexagonal in shape and round on the prefacelifted one. On the inside the facelifted one had cruise control switches in both the varients on the steering wheel and an option for USB. And the top of the line model had got a sunroof sometime in 2011. Hope these pointers help. And best of luck for your search.

Last edited by nik0502 : 28th September 2015 at 00:20.
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 12:40   #6884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post

With respect to the music system the only differences are that the pre-facelift model (models manufactured before Nov-Dec 2009) had a 6 CD changer while the face-lifted model did away with that and upgraded the system for mp3 compatibility. Another addition the face-lifted version was the inclusion of a USB port and the AUX. Hope this helps.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 14:31   #6885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiviv View Post
You can try Roulunds pads. It's a Eu company, and also has manufacturing in India, Haryana specifically. Front and back should set you back by a couple of grand.
Any inputs on where to source it from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks