Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 18:52   #8221
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post

This feature of automatically turning off the lights is also not available in my Swift VXi but is available in Elite i20 and is known as Battery Saver.
Hi Ashish

That's really strange as the same was available on my Swift vxi (2006).

Regards
Kunal
Old 19th April 2017, 19:24   #8222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Ashish

That's really strange as the same was available on my Swift vxi (2006).

Regards
Kunal
Kunal that's strange as mine is a 2012 model, still it lacks this basic feature.

Once I had forgotten to turn it off, the society guard came at midnight and infomed me that my car's interior light is on.

On checking, I found that the light was on for last 4 hours and was too hot to touch.

Since then, I stay extra cautious for both my Swift and Civic.
Old 19th April 2017, 21:04   #8223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
Kunal that's strange as mine is a 2012 model, still it lacks this basic feature.

Once I had forgotten to turn it off, the society guard came at midnight and infomed me that my car's interior light is on.

On checking, I found that the light was on for last 4 hours and was too hot to touch.

Since then, I stay extra cautious for both my Swift and Civic.
Ashish, please accept my apologies, I didn't read your comment properly earlier.

You were absolutely right, the feature that's there in i20 (battery saver) wasn't/isn't present in Swift.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 19th April 2017 at 21:20.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 09:36   #8224
Team-BHP Support

https://www.carwale.com/used/cardeta...px?car=s905636

With a very heavy heart I finally sold my Civic. It had run 66,000 kms (Aug 09 model) and although I had no complaints. It was in fabulous condition even after 7.5 years actually but I simply did not have any use for it anymore.

We have retained our 96k run same age Honda City A/T (better mileage, bigger boot, relatively more compact and can take it to crowded places and yet good enough 'sedan' if you want to take to meetings).

The GT ticks the fun to drive option so the Civic had become redundant.

I won't be surprised if I keep the City for another 3 years comfortably. See absolutely no reason to sell it even till the 10 year mark.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st April 2017 at 09:37.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 09:55   #8225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
With a very heavy heart I finally sold my Civic. It had run 66,000 kms (Aug 09 model) and although I had no complaints. It was in fabulous condition even after 7.5 years actually but I simply did not have any use for it anymore.

We have retained our 96k run same age Honda City A/T (better mileage, bigger boot, relatively more compact and can take it to crowded places and yet good enough 'sedan' if you want to take to meetings).
Good for you. The puny boot of the Civic is a pain, why they decided to use up most of the boot for the toolkit.

I may do the same, my Civic is now with our son in Gurugram and his City AVN with me. The former was 25k or so in six plus years and the latter 52k in four years.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 10:39   #8226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With a very heavy heart I finally sold my Civic.
Although not Civic specific, I thought its worth mentioning here on a related note - in the course of prospectively buying as well as selling my cars, I have come across a lot of dealers. But I must make mention of the dealers who bought my car. They were extremely professional, transparent and wonderful to deal with. I also get the feeling that they also provide better value than most other dealers I met both on buy and sell side. They are Panvel based (carcompany.co.in). They always came to South Mumbai so I never really had to go to Panvel for anything. Happy to share their contact no if anyone ever wants to consider their services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
... The puny boot of the Civic is a pain ...

I may do the same, my Civic is now with our son in Gurugram and his City AVN with me. The former was 25k or so in six plus years and the latter 52k in four years.
Other than outright performance / driving pleasure and back seat comfort aside where Civic is superior, the City is actually an incredible product. It has much better FE - good enough to be a petrol workhorse, respectable sedan status if that matters when going for a meeting; its compact enough to drive & not require a 2nd hatchback; and the boot is incredibly luggage loading friendly.

Given how well Hondas deal with age (in kms and years) and the fact that a new City costs 16 lakhs on road, I would run this H. City into the ground before I even think of buying another City. If and when I do, it'll be a 2 year old City for me - no way I'm paying 15-16 lakh+ for a product that'll always be our "second" car. Value upgrade for me from now on.
Old 21st April 2017, 10:56   #8227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine's 80K km (Jun 07 model) and I am also thinking of selling soon. But the question that bothers me is: after the Civic, what?

I still do about 11000 km a year, most of it intercity (it is our family favourite for our Bangalore-Chennai and Bangalore-Kochi drives).
Old 21st April 2017, 20:31   #8228
Senior - BHPian

Found a site which ships OE parts for Honda to India. Haven't used them. Was wondering if anyone has any idea on same. Was searching for genuine OE coils.

http://www.rockauto.com/

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4186735

Also on Amazon which ships to India for ignition coils.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda...23860_70668520

So we have a couple of options maybe if one does not want to plonk 22k for a set of 4 ignition coils. Again I have not tried these but would like to know if anyone has experience buying them.

Thanks.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:03   #8229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Mine's 80K km (Jun 07 model) and I am also thinking of selling soon. But the question that bothers me is: after the Civic, what?

I still do about 11000 km a year, most of it intercity (it is our family favourite for our Bangalore-Chennai and Bangalore-Kochi drives).
I've pondered over this question for a while now. My Civic is tad over 10 years old (March '07) and has clocked 1,45,000 kms. Owing to the nature of my work, I've clocked around 22k kms in the last one year. Even the conditions have become rough, with the Civic having to face extremely bad roads, construction sites and being driven on below average highways.

For now, it's been able to stand up to the abuse in its twilight years but my running is going to remain high, if not go up. The City is a psychological downgrade which is why I've not been able to convince myself to get one. The pricing also playing it's part. So I'll probably stick with the Civic for a couple of years. It's served me well and I think it's still a great machine. Till we get the new Civic in India, I don't see a worthy alternative.

Only a Civic can replace a Civic
coolkurt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:08   #8230
BHPian

Our 2011 Civic's leather interiors are in a bad shape (she has done over 2.5 lakh km). I am planning to get the leather replaced. Any inputs would be of great help. Can the original seat covers be removed or do the replacement need to be installed over them?

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_5677.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd April 2017 at 10:04. Reason: Image orientation corrected. Thanks
csr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:21   #8231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I've pondered over this question for a while now. My Civic is tad over 10 years old (March '07) and has clocked 1,45,000 kms. Owing to the nature of my work, I've clocked around 22k kms in the last one year. Even the conditions have become rough, with the Civic having to face extremely bad roads, construction sites and being driven on below average highways.

For now, it's been able to stand up to the abuse in its twilight years but my running is going to remain high, if not go up. The City is a psychological downgrade which is why I've not been able to convince myself to get one. The pricing also playing it's part. So I'll probably stick with the Civic for a couple of years. It's served me well and I think it's still a great machine. Till we get the new Civic in India, I don't see a worthy alternative.

The last line speak it all!

I guess you would not need to wait for long. The expected launch date is around Diwali or at max early 2018 as per some of my internal sources at Honda.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 08:24   #8232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Our 2011 Civic's leather interiors are in a bad shape (she has done over 2.5 lakh km). I am planning to get the leather replaced. Any inputs would be of great help. Can the original seat covers be removed or do the replacement need to be installed over them?
2.5 lakh kms? That's probably the highest clock for a Civic on the forum.

The seat covers will be removed by the upholstery guy whom you designate to install the new ones as it'll provide for a better fit.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 23:34   #8233
BHPian

I am thinking of getting a used civic.

Any pointers to look out for?

Which one should I go for MT or AT?

What is the average mileage I can expect?

And finally how much I quote for a 2007-2010 model done on an average 50k-80000km?

Please guide me

Thanks in advance
Old 26th April 2017, 00:59   #8234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post

And finally how much I quote for a 2007-2010 model done on an average 50k-80000km?

Please guide me

Thanks in advance
I think some pointers are regularly covered on this thread.
You should watch out for steering rack leak, worn engine mount, suspension condition and underbody damage specifically when dealing with Civics along with other general stuff. Steering rack/ pump leak is a big ticket item and should be checked thoroughly.

For AT/MT query, that's your call according to your preference. Expect slightly lower FE on ATs in most conditions except while cruising on expressways for long.

Fair value: Rs. 2.5-3.0 lacs for pre 2009 model. Slightly higher for post 2009 cars given that the car is in good condition without any major expense coming up soon against repairs.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 07:54   #8235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post

Please guide me

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Our friend saket77 has covered almost all the pointers that one should go through, prior to buying a pre owned civic.

I would like to add that it is always better to cross check the service history from Authorised Service Station prior to finalising a used civic (or any other used car for that matter of fact) as most of sellers/dealers rig the odo and dont disclose important informations pertaining to the repairs (done in past or upcoming ones) in order to sell the vehicle at higher prices.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 26th April 2017 at 07:58.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks