Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2018, 11:47   #8971
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Civic replacement is still in the waiting
I too am waiting for the next Civic a few years down the line.
But till then I am holding on to mine, only another Civic can replace my Civic
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 11:53   #8972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I read your post three times before finally it hit my head that you have sold your Civic. I still remember reading the first post of this thread that got me excited of owning a car like Civic.

I still at times go and read your Civvy travelogues because they are fun to read and see the Civic parked around vivid backgrounds that I wish i could go and see.

Anyways now the Panda will get a covered parking so he will be happy. But i really wished you could have kept the car.
Thanks Sumeet. The offer was too good.
Next I believe we must stop singing when the voice is still good, and I did that with Civvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
That I agree, but unfortunately 9th was bad, 10th is funny, 11th gen God knows, probably 12th with an electric motor - perhaps
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 12:01   #8973
BANNED

I for one will wait till 2020 before replacing any of our cars. Might as well see Euro VI implemented. I expect a viable EV to show up only by 2022-25 at the earliest.
Old 15th February 2018, 21:38   #8974
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sumeet. The offer was too good.
Next I believe we must stop singing when the voice is still good, and I did that with Civvy

That I agree, but unfortunately 9th was bad, 10th is funny, 11th gen God knows, probably 12th with an electric motor - perhaps
1.6 lac KMs on the odo and still counting. This is a feat that I could not achieve even counting up all my possessions (4/2 wheelers) till now.

Wishing you another lac miles and more with your 1.3L DDiS.

She will surely be less gentle on your neck compared to the linearly accelerating Civic which looks futuristic from inside and sporty from outside even though being a 12 year old design.😁
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 01:25   #8975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decided to move on from Honda and Civic after a wonderful experience of almost 11 years and 160K Kms. Got an offer which I could not refuse and also, the ever congested roads making it difficult/scary to stretch it as I like.

It was wonderful spending my observations and learning's of my experience with Civic here in this thread. I might not be regular here from now, enjoy the car and cheers.
Inspiration that we got from your numerous Civic diaries is countless and your disassociation with Civic will be missed. Thanks for all the wonderful experience and knowledge you have shared with us. This thread itself being a prime example of that!

Mixed feelings on the 10th gen as I was so excited to see the initial designs and was quite disappointing when finally saw in real life (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...html#p=3882056)
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 01:50   #8976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@coolkurt; follows on Pearl Honda in Gurugram. I hope this indicates Honda getting tough. We have four Hondas, Civic AT, Brio AT, City AVN and Amaze. Two are in Kanpur and two in Gurugram at any time. At the moment the Civic and Amaze are in Gurugram.
Sir, I shall be shifting to Gurgaon in a month or so from Delhi. I am looking for house in sector 47,48 and 49. At the same time I am also looking for used Honda Civic as my back up car. I have found some good deals in Delhi too. Just wanted to know a reliable garage or Honda service station in near vicinity to whom I can take these cars for valuation and paid checkup before I take plunge. Would be great if you can share detail of your ‘go to’ guy in HASS. Thank you
Old 16th February 2018, 20:36   #8977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm also holding onto mine for another 3-4 years. Till the government forces me to let it go. 1,64000 Kms and counting 😁

The Civic I saw at the auto expo was disappointing. The 11th gen is due in 2021-2022?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 13:52   #8978

Hi All,

A bad experience with a mechanic in Kandivali East, has left me very disappointed. Last year I had two awesome road trips with wife and son, from Mumbai-Udaipur-Ajmer-Jaipur and back, and then another one from Mumbai to Chennai. Apart from a puncture at Jaipur highway no other issues at all. I was in love with my Civic - AT, 2007.

During the past few days, had observed that there was a power steering leakage, obvious from the parking lot in my building and I kept a addition MAK oil in car =, just in case.

Eventually someone referred me to this guy - to whom I made it very clear, that I had no issues at all apart from oil leakage. He took apart the complete Power steering rack, pump etc, made me replace hose pipe etc., while tie-end/rack end were "repaired"..

Now i have a hard turning experience at the steering unless i am accelerating, have given to another one, had ordered new pump imported one [6500/-] on a returnable basis, but it didn't work. Now the option is to get an "original" one from Kurla second hand market and try it - this will be done today... :(

Let's see - will keep you updated. But damn sad that my baby had to go through all this.

The KANDIVALI Rogue mechanic is DEEP SODHI at https://goo.gl/maps/AEBBf1aQdRQ2 Kandivali East. Do read the other review too..
Old 17th February 2018, 19:31   #8979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary123 View Post
...Mumbai to Chennai...
That's a very long drive!
Brings back memories of my younger days!

I had done Tuticorin(140 kms South of Madurai) to Goa, a similar distance in 2012 on my Civic-AT.

(I had done Tuticorin to Mumbai via Goa on my first-gen Honda-city in year 2000 about 2,000 kms each way).

Nowadays I feel too old to attempt these kind of distances!

Last edited by manim : 17th February 2018 at 19:33.
Old 18th February 2018, 15:24   #8980
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I for one will wait till 2020 before replacing any of our cars. Might as well see Euro VI implemented. I expect a viable EV to show up only by 2022-25 at the earliest.
I read somewhere that Euro-VI is coming to Delhi this year itself. If so then we have look at changing our cars (City and Amaze) earlier. Depends on how the engines cope with BS-IV fuels.
Old 19th February 2018, 12:02   #8981

Quote:
That's a very long drive!
Brings back memories of my younger days!

I had done Tuticorin(140 kms South of Madurai) to Goa, a similar distance in 2012 on my Civic-AT.

(I had done Tuticorin to Mumbai via Goa on my first-gen Honda-city in year 2000 about 2,000 kms each way).

Nowadays I feel too old to attempt these kind of distances!
Hi Manim,

The roads from Bangalore to Chennai were simply awesome and one of the best in the countries.. we really enjoyed the drive and I had no one to share the driving with on the both the trips.. says a lot about Civic in terms of comfort and ease of driving.

Regards

Gary
gary123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 12:25   #8982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we really enjoyed the drive and I had no one to share the driving with on the both the trips..
When I landed a job in Mumbai, I drove my Civic there from Chennai with my wife accompanying me. This was a leisurely drive that we completed over 4 days, with layovers at Bangalore and Kolhapur.

The return was made of different stuff altogether. I had vacated my apartment but had a very important meeting on a Saturday that ended pretty late; so stayed overnight in a hotel and started Sunday at 5 AM. Nearly non-stop driving saw me reach Chennai at 1 AM the next day. In the morning, my wife entered labour and delivered our daughter at around 10:30 AM. The Civic was around to take her from home to the hospital too. :-)
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 12:28   #8983

Hi Guys,

I paid a bomb for the original pump sought from Kurla, however it worked awesome, whereas the imported ones absolutely failed.

But relieved that my civic is back to normal..

Regards

Gary
Old 20th February 2018, 22:56   #8984
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I paid a bomb for the original pump sought from Kurla, however it worked awesome, whereas the imported ones absolutely failed.

But relieved that my civic is back to normal..

Regards

Gary

Hey gary123

How much does the original pump cost? Is it the same as the original or there have been some improvements.
Old 23rd February 2018, 23:40   #8985
BHPian

Guys,

How many KMs does it take for the new break pads to bed in. I changed both front and rear break pads on my Civic since the previous ones had enough life left but the bite was just pathetic. Now the new pads are even worse. The breaks are spongy and it takes lot of efforts to stop the car. Earlier it was like you touch the break padel and the car used to stop immediately. I have driven 300 KMs after new break pads. I got breambo pads and got all four discs skimmed. Please let me know what can I do to get the same break feel what it used to be earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks