Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2018, 22:10   #9121
BHPian

Searching on AliExpress, I found this.
I own a 2011 Civic VMT which already has factory installed Cruise Control.
But, can the audio system steering module (as in picture) be installed on the Indian spec Civic?

If yes, then i guess the audio can be controlled both by steering buttons as well as controls on the rear arm rest and this highly useful mod would cost less than 2500 bucks.

Experts, need your advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1530463136602.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1530463150995.jpg  

Old 1st July 2018, 22:53   #9122

Upgrades to my Civic 2009 Sports - Request for invaluable inputs

Friends, It has been a while since I posted. I have been writing a travelogue for ever and I feel its still not team bhp ready, so still working..

Meanwhile thought of bouncing off some ideas that I have been toying for a while with my Civic Sports (Yep, there was a model in 2009, all cosmetic though and limited to 1000 nos), Mileage 73000K, mostly city run

1. Except a few scuff marks, the paint in in fairly ok condition. However wanted to do a 3M type of detailing both interiors and out. Also the wheels are factory painted white (same as body) and it shows of water spots easily. Any experiences with 3M on Kodambakkam High road or any other center within Chennai? I also feel that the AC ducts might need a through cleaning along with interiors as I get some smell after a long absence of driving, and it disappears. OCD vs 3M? Any thoughts?? Or any other suggestions please. Also thinking of ceramic coating if that helps. Any one tried that and if its worth the premium
2. In the market for new tires (all 4). The stock Good years are not upto the mark and I am thinking of either Michellin, Pirelli or Bridgestone (Going by previous posts). Thoughts on brands and dealers in Chennai will help
3. The previous owner lost the remote key, although the car is equipped for key less entry. Any alternatives to dealers for this? Thoughts about the cost?
4. Thinking of getting Rogerab spacers for ride height improvement. Read some threads here with mixed response. Not sure if its worth it, at times heading to Bangalore I encounter nasty speed bumps there that scrapes the side skirting of the Civic at even lowest speeds. Should I try upgrading shocks first along with the tires and do a wait and watch? Recommendations on shocks would help.

Planning to do this on a budget of 50 to 60k. I dont mind going to specialized places to do it one at a time. Since this is my first real upgrade to an existing car, I wanted to run it by the experts here! Looking forward to your responses.
slickshots is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:10   #9123
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Update:
Gave the car back to the dealer after much "muscle" efforts.
Apparently the dealer who sold the car knew about all the shortcomings.
Back to searching for a new Civic.
Anybody who wants to sell/knows a seller for automatic Civic in hyderabad, please pm me.

Thanks to all the members who helped with the diagnosis.
Special thanks to member Shoeb for dedicating an entire day to the car.
Old 3rd July 2018, 17:19   #9124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
If yes, then i guess the audio can be controlled both by steering buttons as well as controls on the rear arm rest and this highly useful mod would cost less than 2500 bucks.

Experts, need your advice.
This could be done, but, both armrest control and steering controls may not work as there should be only one jack available. The armrest control needs to be removed and steering control to be connected.

Cheers,
Aslam
Old 3rd July 2018, 18:00   #9125
BHPian

Hello,

Anyone with a similar setup as below on their Civic? These headlamps look nice, but wanted to know how they really perform. Suggestions and details appreciated.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img20180630wa0007.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img20180630wa0013.jpg

Cheers,
Aslam
Aslamjaffer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 10:06   #9126

Re: Upgrades to my Civic 2009 Sports - Request for invaluable inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshots View Post
Friends, It has been a while since I posted. I have been writing a travelogue for ever and I feel its still not team bhp ready, so still working..

Meanwhile thought of bouncing off some ideas that I have been toying for a while with my Civic Sports (Yep, there was a model in 2009, all cosmetic though and limited to 1000 nos), Mileage 73000K, mostly city run

1. Except a few scuff marks, the paint in in fairly ok condition. However wanted to do a 3M type of detailing both interiors and out. Also the wheels are factory painted white (same as body) and it shows of water spots easily. Any experiences with 3M on Kodambakkam High road or any other center within Chennai? I also feel that the AC ducts might need a through cleaning along with interiors as I get some smell after a long absence of driving, and it disappears. OCD vs 3M? Any thoughts?? Or any other suggestions please. Also thinking of ceramic coating if that helps. Any one tried that and if its worth the premium
2. In the market for new tires (all 4). The stock Good years are not upto the mark and I am thinking of either Michellin, Pirelli or Bridgestone (Going by previous posts). Thoughts on brands and dealers in Chennai will help
3. The previous owner lost the remote key, although the car is equipped for key less entry. Any alternatives to dealers for this? Thoughts about the cost?
4. Thinking of getting Rogerab spacers for ride height improvement. Read some threads here with mixed response. Not sure if its worth it, at times heading to Bangalore I encounter nasty speed bumps there that scrapes the side skirting of the Civic at even lowest speeds. Should I try upgrading shocks first along with the tires and do a wait and watch? Recommendations on shocks would help.

Planning to do this on a budget of 50 to 60k. I dont mind going to specialized places to do it one at a time. Since this is my first real upgrade to an existing car, I wanted to run it by the experts here! Looking forward to your responses.
SUN JUL 8 - Friends, Wondering if this post needs to be split up into various questions? Haven't received any responses from the well informed Civic community here....Or maybe its case of the football fever

Look forward to having some feedback. Thanks!
Old 12th July 2018, 14:23   #9127
BHPian

It looks like the windscreen spray assembly on my '08 Civic is malfunctioning. It wasn't working and I first thought that it was out of water. However, it didn't work after filling a fair amount of water as well. After a while the filled water seemed to have leaked to the ground.

Have any of you had similar problems? Any leads will be much appreciated.
Old 12th July 2018, 15:21   #9128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
It looks like the windscreen spray assembly on my '08 Civic is malfunctioning. It wasn't working and I first thought that it was out of water. However, it didn't work after filling a fair amount of water as well. After a while the filled water seemed to have leaked to the ground.

Have any of you had similar problems? Any leads will be much appreciated.
A rat had bitten the pipe in my case hence the water was leaking. It's not a big deal. Get it to a decent FNG they will open the right side bumper a bit and check the pipe. It won't cost more than 100-200 bucks at most if the pipe is only bust.
Old 12th July 2018, 15:48   #9129
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Either the water pipe has been bitten by rats or the tank itself. Also, there is a small possibility that the motor itself has come out from the water storage tank and that is why you are not getting any spray. The water might be leaking from the void formed because of the displaced motor.
Old 12th July 2018, 23:26   #9130
BHPian

This must be one of the most extensive single car threads on the forum!

The Civic bug has bitten me as well and I need guidance from experts here on the price I should pay for a Civic AT 2010 (75000 kms run)?

First drive gave me a good "feel", but I shall definitely have it checked at Honda as advised by many on this forum. Do you recommend any specific Honda service center in Mumbai (preferably in the Chembur-Thane vicinity)? Also, are there specific areas I need to ask them to check?

Thanks a ton...
Old 13th July 2018, 16:37   #9131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSumit View Post

The Civic bug has bitten me as well and I need guidance from experts here on the price I should pay for a Civic AT 2010 (75000 kms run)?

First drive gave me a good "feel", but I shall definitely have it checked at Honda as advised by many on this forum. Do you recommend any specific Honda service center in Mumbai (preferably in the Chembur-Thane vicinity)? Also, are there specific areas I need to ask them to check?

Thanks a ton...
Check for Odo reading during service, engine mount, power steering rack and pump leakage and the ac cooling coil. Rest should be regular things like brake pads etc which are common for all cars.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 14:45   #9132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSumit View Post

Thanks a ton...

My car goes to linkway honda near chandivali. So far the most likeable honda service compared to the others i have tried.
Old 16th July 2018, 16:23   #9133
BHPian

Hello All,

Yesterday afternoon was well spent with the civic. Got the long pending DIA intake hose replaced and got the filter cleaned? Also, got the brakes cleaned, calipers greased and found the front brake pads are due for a replacement.

I am trying to replace it with Hawk HP+ which is available on Amazon. Now the problem is in selecting the right product as there are multiple listings without the mention of the suitable for information. Can I select the pads referring to the dimensions image? If yes, then what is the dimension on the civic’s front brake pads. I am totally confused now and worried about selecting the wrong product and getting it delivered.

Appreciate if someone could guide me through this.

Cheers,
Aslam
Old 16th July 2018, 16:57   #9134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
Also, got the brakes cleaned, calipers greased and found the front brake pads are due for a replacement.
It's best you ask the Amazon seller if the set will fit your car. Don't go only by dimensions only because that makes it a bit imprecise. The pads' "ears" may be shaped differently.
Old 17th July 2018, 10:34   #9135
BHPian

I have had this niggling issue in Honda Civic 1.8S MT 2007 model (110k kms) wherein it would make a whirring sound at start and would then go off once the engine is heated up. I got it checked once at Whitefield honda, but there was no sound by the time i reached there.

In the last few weeks the sound has stayed, so I went again and he said its an issue with the power steering. On completing the service, he said the following needs to be replaced
1. Power Steering Pump for oil leakage
2. Steering Rack Oil leakage needs to be replaced
3. Power Steering Feed Hose needs to be replaced.

He quoted a whopping 85000 for the power steering assembly and he said other parts are on back order.

While I will be seeking a second opinion at Sejal motors, wanted to know if this is something that needs to be only done at HASS or can be done at third party places. Plus is the pricing correct?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks