Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2018, 18:56   #8926
BANNED

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

My son sent our Civic AT VX to Infinity in Gurugram, since Pearl have lost the franchise. They went to Mussoorie and the Driver's side ORVM insert dropped out. Also, it was approaching 10k km since the last service (he does 10k in about eight months).

I am yet to talk to him for feedback. I got a message from them since the Car is in my name, with my address, and contacts.
Old 16th January 2018, 18:59   #8927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
The owner manual should tell you when it needs replacing
Unfortunately the owners-manual does not have anything about replacing the drive-belt. So I guess it is to be replaced only based on the condition observed during service.

My car is 10 years and 8 months old with 1,64,000+ kms and so far it has never been replaced.
Old 16th January 2018, 19:03   #8928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Unfortunately the owners-manual does not have anything about replacing the drive-belt. So I guess it is to be replaced only based on the condition observed during service.

My car is 10 years and 8 months old with 1,64,000+ kms and so far it has never been replaced.
Ok, then you would have to look for a more elaborate workshop manual. But at 164K I would replace both, no matter what!Just my 2 cents.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 19:21   #8929
Senior - BHPian

Mine is almost 11 years old too. 161k on the odo. AI had got the belt inspected. And everything was found to be in order. If it ain't broke, why fix it, I thought.

My mechanic said a worn belt will start giving out signals. Just keep an eye for those.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 01:48   #8930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Got new brake pads fitted on the front. Both struts and mounts now stand replaced. Ride quality is back to being it's best. And then a new problem has cropped up.

The PS fluid in the reservoir has to be topped up every week or so. I got it checked at my FNG and there were no leaks from the pump or hose. My mechanic suspected a leak from the rack and opened the boot and fluid dripped from it.

As of now, the leak is minor. But eventually, I'll have to go in for a repair. Or a replacement. He said he'll source a rack from Kashmere gate. Comes with a warranty and total damages including labour would be 7k.

Hey coolkurt,

How much is the warranty on the rack. The pump in my car was leaking already and now the rack has started leaking also for last 2 months.

Also my car has started making the pump noise on cold start. The noise fades away once the car warms up. Any idea how to get rid of this noise. Also did anyone try a Hitachi Dry Battery. The battery in my car needs replacement. And i am getting a Hitachi Dry battery for 4500. Could not find any reviews for it.
Old 19th January 2018, 03:51   #8931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Ok, then you would have to look for a more elaborate workshop manual. But at 164K I would replace both, no matter what!Just my 2 cents.

Jeroen
Trying to relate with the maintenance minder as the new Honda models are not even having the maintenance charts anymore.

Could it be based on the maintenance minder number? A/B 2
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-honda.png

Ref: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...707G00016A.pdf
Old 19th January 2018, 09:30   #8932
BHPian

As on date, which is the best horn for Civic (2008, MT V)? Mine has gone kaput.

Also, in Bangalore, which shop (other than HASS) can do this change (without messing up with the rest of the system)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:36   #8933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post

Also, in Bangalore, which shop (other than HASS) can do this change (without messing up with the rest of the system)?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Mate,

I had got aftermarket horns installed in my civic, IIRC the accessory shop guys used a wire harness and relay, you can refer to same in the following thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4174375

Hope it helps.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 19th January 2018 at 11:37.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 11:42   #8934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post

Thanks in advance.
Since Civic already has factory fitted horn relay, my FNG mechanic installed Hella windtone horn (Chrome type) as they were having marginally higher dB rating compared to Roots/Minda/Bosch.
This would be a direct bolt-on addition to your car.

Plus the sweet bass tone of these horns is a big plus compared to shrill note of plate type horn.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:25   #8935
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
Plus the sweet bass tone of these horns is a big plus compared to shrill note of plate type horn.
I prefer to have an OE sound from my horns. Why, because it helps identify the car to those following. However, what you did is fine.
Old 19th January 2018, 12:57   #8936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Could it be based on the maintenance minder number? A/B 2
Attachment 1718623
]
That certainly mentions inspecting it.

I would be cautious of it as your mileage is high and it has never been replaced. It’s not an expensive job and these belts have a tendency to snap when you least expect it. E.g. in the middle of the night when you’re out on a dark and lonely country road. When you are trying to rush your wife into hospital as she is about to give birth etc. etc.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 10:17   #8937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hey coolkurt,

How much is the warranty on the rack. The pump in my car was leaking already and now the rack has started leaking also for last 2 months.

Also my car has started making the pump noise on cold start. The noise fades away once the car warms up. Any idea how to get rid of this noise. Also did anyone try a Hitachi Dry Battery. The battery in my car needs replacement. And i am getting a Hitachi Dry battery for 4500. Could not find any reviews for it.
You get a 6 months warranty. I've still not got it replaced. The leak is still minor. I'm hoping that it'll correct itself in the summer months, maybe with a little help from that stop leak liquid.

Check the fluid in the reservoir. The pump will whine if it's low.

I've personally not tried Hitachi but I've heard they're decent and cheaper too. I'm pretty happy with the Amarons.
Old 20th January 2018, 13:18   #8938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

I've personally not tried Hitachi but I've heard they're decent and cheaper too. I'm pretty happy with the Amarons.
+1 to that. Go with well established brands in "India" like Amaron or Exide etc. as you can never go wrong with them as they are backed by their well established country wide network and hassle free support.

Bosch/Hitachi etc. are great brands globally but you never know their dealer exists in Tier 2/Tier 3 towns when you are out on the road with your family.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 16:27   #8939
BHPian

My front License-plate(number-plate) broke as a two-wheeler grazed against it when the car was nearly stationery. The black-base came off the bumper.

HASS does not have it in stock and will take around 10 days to receive it. It may cost around Rs.700 parts + Rs.300 labour to replace it.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 18:40   #8940
BHPian

Quote:
My front License-plate(number-plate) broke as a two-wheeler grazed against it when the car was nearly stationery. The black-base came off the bumper.

HASS does not have it in stock and will take around 10 days to receive it. It may cost around Rs.700 parts + Rs.300 labour to replace it.
IIRC The number plate base was around INR 475 when I got it changed back in Aug 2017.

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks