Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:55   #8101
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Seems like the engine cover packing has worn out.

Regards
Kunal
Any idea how much this repair would cost at HASS? has anyone done this earlier?
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:30   #8102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Hi Mate, yep I got that changed from HASS when ivtec spool valve oozing engine oil incident happened, which resulted in busted major engine oils seals as well as engine cover packing.

I am attaching a pic of the invoice which has the price of the packing but in my case the labour charges were waived off so not sure how much they would charge to change it.

But wait I almost forgot that I have given my car for servicing today , will call SA and shall enquire about the labour charges in a short while.

Just spoke to him labour charges are 1200 for changing the engine head cover packing which cost around 800 odd Rupees (IMHO unjustified)

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170323_132235.jpg  

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 23rd March 2017 at 13:45. Reason: Added some info.
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:27   #8103
BHPian

Guess what people, SA from HASS just called up to inform me that there is a leakage in steering rack (which contradict with their diagnosis, that was done around 1500 kms back (at the time of i-vtec spool valve incident) that the steering rack/pump never had leakage) which was again reconfirmed by their able staff when I took the car for re-examination after driving the car for 1000 km post the work was carried out.

He also informed the ball joint and steering rod ends(?) have developed play and needs replacing.

So I strongly feel HASS will never learn/acknowledge that the customers have a thing known as 'BRAIN' in their cranial cavities.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 23rd March 2017 at 15:28. Reason: fixed typos.
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:57   #8104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
With a heavy heart, I have posted my Civic for sale. It's a 2010 model V-MT which has done around 36000 Kms. Please check the classified section if anyone interested. I have written the description there.
Hi Mate, I think I am about to follow your path. I too am putting my beloved car for sale in a short while from now.
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:07   #8105
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am about to take my 2012 Civic for an insurance claim. Is there anything other than the obvious I need to be aware of? This is my first insurance claim ever. So please feel free to let me know.

Is there point where the dealership is like to pull a fast one over me? I am based in Pune and will be taking it to Crystal Honda. Also FYI my Zero-Dep policy is still in effect (the final year that it is in effect). So if there are any Crystal Honda nuances, I'd appreciate that too ...

Please do let me know.

Regards,
Narayan
Old 23rd March 2017, 23:26   #8106
Senior - BHPian

Is there a massive jump in the insurance premium after after a car is 10 years old? My Civic has completed 10 years and close to 142k kms and I've no intention of giving it up at the moment. I'd got the insurance done with HDFC Ergo and they've calculated the premium to be up by more than 40% ie...Rs 14000/-. That's a bit too high.
Old 23rd March 2017, 23:47   #8107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Is there a massive jump in the insurance premium after after a car is 10 years old? My Civic has completed 10 years and close to 142k kms and I've no intention of giving it up at the moment. I'd got the insurance done with HDFC Ergo and they've calculated the premium to be up by more than 40% ie...Rs 14000/-. That's a bit too high.
I recently renewed my insurance too. My understanding is that 3rd party premiums have gone up significantly, especially for cars with relatively large engine displacement. Also, HDFC Ergo, my previous insurer was quoting fairly high for renewal, so I went to policybazar and got one from Royal Sundaram, which incidentally has cashless claims with both HASS close to where I live.
coolvenk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 00:02   #8108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
How much is the IDV? 40% hike looks unreasonable esp if there are no claims in previous year.
I renewed my Civic's insurance with HDFC Ergo this week only for about 11.5K. This is without any add on and 20% NCB. The previous insurer was Bajaj Allianz who asked for about 17k for the same! Previous premium was 18.5K!!

Last edited by saket77 : 24th March 2017 at 00:03.
saket77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 11:35   #8109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Quote:
Hi Mate, yep I got that changed from HASS when ivtec spool valve oozing engine oil incident happened, which resulted in busted major engine oils seals as well as engine cover packing.
Are you guys running your car on CNG ?
Old 25th March 2017, 11:38   #8110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Nope my car is running on petrol since day one.
The spool value oring got hard and worn out with time, I think same was the case with engine cover packing.

Anyways I am really irked with HASS modus operandi and have thought of selling the vehicle ( already posted an advertisement in the classified section.).

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 25th March 2017 at 11:51. Reason: Added some missing information.
Old 25th March 2017, 14:18   #8111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

1. Left axle (cv joint) has gone bad (clicking under mild/hard acceleration), should I get it repaired/changed locally (1.5 - 2 k/5.5 k -7 k respectively) or get the whole unit changed at HASS (15 k + labour charges).

2. Clicking noise coming from right suspension, I am assuming the ball joints and Shock absorber mount have gone bust. I am planning to get the ball joints changed at HASS, but as far as I know they don't provide just the mounts for shocker and try to sell the whole Shock absorber unit, please guide a place from where I can purchase just the mounts as shock absorbers are not leaking and springs are fine too.

Quote:
1. Ball joint 3600 per unit labour not included.
2. Axle (Left side for MT variant) 17300 without the labour (of course) and around 24k + labour for AT variants
3. Shock Absorber 12000 per unit + Labour.
4. Door Pad 6500 ( issue was, the leather trim on the door arm rest developed blisters as usual HASS people informed whole door pad needs to be changed) + Labour.
I have had my Civic's PS/Rack leakage twice in 6 years of ownership. The first time it cost me a bomb at Honda (22k). Second time I was wise enough to avoid those blood suckers. A Rack overhaul cost me 6.5k and the PS overhaul cost me a mere 5.5K at two different garages. Even today HASS had said in its remarks that there is leakage in the above 2 components which i am ignoring as i know they are just cut pasting everything from the old service history.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4166218

The CV joint is available at spares.com for 6.4k. The ball joints cost 1280 each side. Unless the shockers are bleeding/leaking there should be no need to change. Even if they do each side should cost not more than 8k (spareshub.com again).

You dont have to change everything at one go. You can always take the critical components first eg the CV joint and get the rest stuff later on. The idea is to find a good FNG. Depending on HASS is not the way to go for big ticket items like Rack/PS. Rest is upto you. There are people who have done 140k kms + on Civic with little trouble.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 16:24   #8112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Yes my car running on CNG, but I don't think it has to do anything with fuel type. Engine seals do get stiff after 8-10 years. Its not very expensive either to repair it from HASS (compared to other things like PS repair / replace)

Last edited by techcoze : 25th March 2017 at 16:45.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 16:43   #8113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
How much is the IDV? 40% hike looks unreasonable esp if there are no claims in previous year.
I renewed my Civic's insurance with HDFC Ergo this week only for about 11.5K. This is without any add on and 20% NCB. The previous insurer was Bajaj Allianz who asked for about 17k for the same! Previous premium was 18.5K!!
I renewed my car insurance 1 week ago. Cost 13k for IDV of 5.55 lakh, from Bajaj alianz. NCB 25%.

Cost is increased due to rise in 3rd party insurance amount for cars with more than 1500cc engine. Today got mail from policy bazar that same is going to increase even further post 1 April 2017. So maybe it will be wise to renew insurance before that (is applicable)
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1490440411536.jpg  

Last edited by techcoze : 25th March 2017 at 16:45.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 18:44   #8114
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to renew the policy (last date is 31 May actual) thinking i may save a few thousand rs in the process. My last year own damage premium was around 6.4k and now it has been hiked to twice on HDFC website taking the premium to be paid to 14.4k. Last time i had paid just 11.4k. I called up HDFC and they said premium is hiked since age of vehicle has crossed 10 years and hence it has become twice. Frankly i am not buying it but is this true or just a cock and bull story.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-premium.jpg
Old 25th March 2017, 19:38   #8115
Senior - BHPian

I just renewed mine with Reliance, paid 11K for 10 year old Civvy. NCB is only 25% though.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed