Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2017, 12:27   #7996
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
... but they are asking for a sample clip but i don't seem to any remaining under the hood. I have lost mostly the right and left side clips/rivets.

Thanks.

Sorry can't help with your original question but if they need to see a clip, can't they just check it out on any other civic? Where the rivets / clips are still in place? I hope that helps perhaps.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 13:34   #7997
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Guys my Civic's bonnet clips (highlighted in yellow color in below pic) are all gone and have done jugaad to keep them in place. Any idea where to buy same from online and what they are called ? Need info on size etc. I would have taken car to spares shop but they are asking for a sample clip but i don't seem to any remaining under the hood. I have lost mostly the right and left side clips/rivets.

Thanks.

Attachment 1612908
in mumbai, HASS charges 75 bucks per clip.I get it free(if part of a job) else, for 10-15 re / clip at my fng (Sassoon docks - colaba auto works)
handsofsteel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 14:08   #7998
BHPian

Quote:
Guys my Civic's bonnet clips (highlighted in yellow color in below pic) are all gone and have done jugaad to keep them in place. Any idea where to buy same from online and what they are called ? Need info on size etc. I would have taken car to spares shop but they are asking for a sample clip but i don't seem to any remaining under the hood. I have lost mostly the right and left side clips/rivets.

Thanks.

Attachment 1612908
Hi Smeet, I am attaching few pics for your perusal, hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170226_140411.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170226_140117.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170226_140046.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170226_140018.jpg  

kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 14:56   #7999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Thanks i will search for similar on Amazon etc. I hope it fits the car. Else i will just show these pics to my spares shop

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 26th February 2017 at 15:12.
Old 26th February 2017, 15:47   #8000
BANNED

Some Honda clips are a pain. After I got the windscreen changed a few years (about four or five) ago I am still looking for the clips for the moulding just below the screen. So far neither the glass supplier (sir we will get them in ten days), not two ASS's have been able to supply. If someone can suggest any suppliers in NCR or Kanpur I will be most grateful.
Old 26th February 2017, 16:45   #8001
BHPian

Pleasure is all mine, Sumeet. Also please accept my humble apologies as I misspelled your name in the previous post of mine.

Also was going through previous threads and in one of them someone was enquring about after market usb adapter,if useful I can post few pics of the device that is installed in my car. The device in question gets plugged in company fitted radio/cd player with the help of a supplied cable and is controlled in same way as if one is using cd option. If some one needs, I can post the pics of the device. Apart from the usb slot, it has a slot for memory card and another aux cable port also.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 10:53   #8002
BHPian

My civic's engine oil level on dip stick is on mid-level (between high and low mark). Owners manual says that it should be between low and high.

Right after servicing (when full required quantity of engine oil is filled up) what's the oil level we should see? Should it be exactly in middle, or slightly above it? Also does one need to topup engine oil if service interval is 1 year instead of 6 months? What's normal rate at which engine oil looses level, is it normal if you need to topup engine oil after 5-6 months after servicing?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-oil_dipstick.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by techcoze : 27th February 2017 at 10:55.
Old 27th February 2017, 12:03   #8003

Quote:
Hello - I have seen this on Aliexpress, delivery may take time, but you will get the exact stuff, of course you will have to take a lot of 50 pcs etc. to justify the import but it's cheap.

Regards

Gary
Old 27th February 2017, 13:03   #8004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
My civic's engine oil level on dip stick is on mid-level (between high and low mark). Owners manual says that it should be between low and high.
Your engine oil level is normal.

Quote:
Right after servicing (when full required quantity of engine oil is filled up) what's the oil level we should see?
Normally it should touch the Max level indicator. However please ensure you check the levels on level ground i.e. not banked or not on a slope, and a few minutes (3-5) after you switch off the engine.

At any given point of time the level should be between the Min and Max indicators on the dip stick. It should NEVER exceed "Max" or drop below "Min"

Quote:
Also does one need to topup engine oil if service interval is 1 year instead of 6 months? What's normal rate at which engine oil looses level, is it normal if you need to topup engine oil after 5-6 months after servicing?
How much oil is burned depends on a variety of factors including temperatures, engine/road speeds, oil viscosity, driving habits, engine health etc.

Check your car's manual for acceptable oil consumption. For my car its less than 1 litre every 1000 kms. But this IMHO is too much. My car does not consume oil at all. I never have to top up.
Old 27th February 2017, 15:18   #8005
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary123 View Post
Hello - I have seen this on Aliexpress, delivery may take time, but you will get the exact stuff, of course you will have to take a lot of 50 pcs etc. to justify the import but it's cheap.
I do not mind a lot of 50 so. Please send me some links with exact descriptions so that I may order. Thanks in advance. Having failed to get them from both Pushp Honda Kanpur and Pearl Honda, Gurugram I do not mind buying a lot of even 50 as mentioned. Actually I think I need about ten (or maybe less) and do not mind sharing the rest with others.
Old 27th February 2017, 15:42   #8006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do not mind a lot of 50 so. Please send me some links with exact descriptions so that I may order. Thanks in advance. Having failed to get them from both Pushp Honda Kanpur and Pearl Honda, Gurugram I do not mind buying a lot of even 50 as mentioned. Actually I think I need about ten (or maybe less) and do not mind sharing the rest with others.
Hi Sgiitk, I tried messaging you the link which had similar looking retainer clips but seems I dont have sufficient privileges, to send pm at present.
Old 1st March 2017, 21:22   #8007
BHPian

I have started experiencing some kind of "clicking" or popping feeling in brake pedal. While pressing / depressing brake pedal, i can feel such clicking kind of feeling, it's feels like sudden small play of in pedal, or it's like a quick pressure relief on the pedal. I can hear slight click sound if car cabin is silent. Have anyone experience such brake pedal feeling? is this normal or should I get it checked up?

P.S. It's surely not brake light switch, also my car is MT

Last edited by techcoze : 1st March 2017 at 21:43.
Old 1st March 2017, 22:47   #8008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Owner's manual says so because anything above max & below low is dangerous for the engine; so technically the oil level in between can be considered safe for the engine. But if that level on your dipstick is of a cold state/ morning measurement; then I would suggest to top it up to max level.

Quote:
Right after servicing (when full required quantity of engine oil is filled up) what's the oil level we should see? Should it be exactly in middle, or slightly above it? Also does one need to topup engine oil if service interval is 1 year instead of 6 months? What's normal rate at which engine oil looses level, is it normal if you need to topup engine oil after 5-6 months after servicing?
After service, when the full required quantity is filled which I believe is 3.8 litres or so (correct me if I am wrong), the oil should be upto the max level. This is before cranking the engine. If you crank the engine, the oil level in the sump drops because it gets circulated around the required areas. But once the engine is shut off, the oil will slowly make its way back to the sump and after a few minutes, the oil should again be around the max mark on the dipstick.

Some cars/ engines are known to consume oil but Civic is not one of those. There has never been a need of topping up oil in my Civic despite the one year service interval or 6-7K kms that I follow. I would say that you requiring to top up in 5-6 months is not normal. Keep an eye for leaks and keep monitoring the oil level proactively. If it goes down regularly, then you must take your car for a check. In the meanwhile, could you please check the colour of the exhaust/smoke?

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 01:21   #8009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Below is what i am considering if my local spares shop does not have same.
I have not ordered anything online yet.

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B01NCPWN6W/r...I2AHZYX0MEMW1I

If link does not work,you can try searching for
"Generic 50pcs A56 20413107 Plastic Screw Fastener Rivet Retainers Hood Push Pin Clip for Car"
Old 2nd March 2017, 01:30   #8010
BHPian

Quote:
Some Honda clips are a pain. After I got the windscreen changed a few years (about four or five) ago I am still looking for the clips for the moulding just below the screen. So far neither the glass supplier (sir we will get them in ten days), not two ASS's have been able to supply. If someone can suggest any suppliers in NCR or Kanpur I will be most grateful.
I bought some clips on Amazon US when working on my Honda's bumper and plastic cladding below the engine. Let me look at my amazon history and post the links here.

Most Viewed