Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2017, 01:54   #8011
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I humbly disagree with this. Based on my experience in development and integration of different type of steering systems, I can say that there is nothing which can be termed as 'design trait of EPS unit' that affects a customer in terms of performance.
Pardon me for hijacking your original post into another thread. I have a query since you said you have experience in steering systems. What i wanted to know is will having upsized tires on a hydraulic power steering system cause any increased wear and tear of the Power steering system which leads to PS failure in terms of oil leakage etc ?

I am asking this because i have had two power steering leakages due to seal failures in my Civic's power steering pump and co-incidentally I had upsized tires (205 65 R15 vs stock 195 65 R15) on my car which made the steering wheel much heavier than when on stock. Now maybe my power steering pump has weakened and was not able to deal with the additional load but can this be considered a general issue with cars which undergo a tire upsize or one can safely say it's a isolated incident. I have switched to stock size tires now and the steering is back to the light feel which I had before the upsize.
Old 2nd March 2017, 07:14   #8012
BHPian

Hi All, here's the link which has similar looking clips, but it's for 100 pieces. Hope this helps.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/1967....html#autostay
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:31   #8013
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi All, here's the link which has similar looking clips, but it's for 100 pieces. Hope this helps.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/1967....html#autostay
Since I do not have the Civic with me I have to request one of the members to please confirm. Looks about right. I am working from memory since the windscreen was replaced about five years ago, and the holes are open every since.

I have never bought from Aliexpress. So what about the duty and postage. How much do they add up to, and how is the duty managed?
Attached Images

Old 2nd March 2017, 10:54   #8014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
After service, when the full required quantity is filled which I believe is 3.8 litres or so (correct me if I am wrong), the oil should be upto the max level.
When i posted my original query, my car was on slight slop (at home) when i checked level with dipstick. Oil level was slightly below mid level on dip stick (~40% level of dipstick marking)

Later in evening re-checked level in office parking (which is completely flat surface), and found oil level above mid level of dipstick. (~70% level of dipstick marking). That means level is ok, my engine is not eating up oil.

This proves how important is car level which checking engine oil
Old 2nd March 2017, 11:13   #8015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Since I do not have the Civic with me I have to request one of the members to please confirm. Looks about right. I am working from memory since the windscreen was replaced about five years ago, and the holes are open every since.

I have never bought from Aliexpress. So what about the duty and postage. How much do they add up to, and how is the duty managed?
The one shown here from Aliexpress seems more appropriate for the Civic than the one shown in Amazon, the link of which was shared in one of the earlier posts. I have had the experience of buying mobile covers from Aliexpress and the only gripe I had was the turnaround time which is a tad on the higher side. There wasn't anything charged extra as duty (or maybe it is included in the price). Guess it depends on the individual seller.

I need the clips as well exactly for the same area as yours (windscreen) and have too many leaves and dirt that get in through the gaps without the clip in place.
Old 2nd March 2017, 11:16   #8016
BHPian

Quote:

Name:  yy.png
Views: 1716
Size:  47.3 KB

As per Civic parts catalog, OEM part number of this clip is 91501-SEA-003 (I hope you are speaking about same clip above fender)
Just search this part number on aliexpress and you will find many options available. Dimensions you provided seems to be slightly different than dimensions of of this OEM part number.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...=91501-SEA-003

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-zz.png

Most of the aliexpress sellers will ship for free, but I would recommend choosing shipping method which will have tracking facility. Many of my aliexpress packages without tracking never reached. I suspect post offce guys in my area do something fishy when they don't see tracking need of a package. Whereas never had issue with packages with tracking details.

I don't think you will need to pay any custom duty for such small amount package.

Last edited by techcoze : 2nd March 2017 at 11:28.
techcoze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:08   #8017
BANNED

@techcoze; Thanks. But this is not the fender stuff, but the bonnet stuff, (below the windscreen) so the part number may be different. In any case the dimensions should be Ok. I may have the pdf of the service manual somewhere.
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:24   #8018
Senior - BHPian

The attached pic shows the clip I need for my Civic. The larger picture shows the RHS where the clip is missing and the picture inset shows the clip intact on the LHS and this is the clip that I need to procure.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-civic_front-cowl.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2017, 12:30   #8019
BHPian

Quote:

FYI, I have placed an order for the clips already , let the same reach me i will be more than happy to share it with fellow bhpians (any how wont be needing 100 :P)

Just for reference I have ordered couple of items (JDM Steering Emblem, Key fob cover, parking brake cover etc.) from aliexpress in past, all have reached within 15-30 days from time of dispatch.

Duties were not levied till date as the quantity was 1 or may be 2 per item, I assume that Custom guys, kind off ignored due to lesser value of the package.

But I feel this time even the price is far less and the quantity is greater, I may have to pay Customs duty irrespective of the cost (that is way less than what was incurred in past), as they might feel that there is a commercial motive involved in my purchase. Though it remains to be seen.

With respect to purchasing on aliexpress, I feel one should always use cards which are specifically made for one time internet purchases rather than using your regular cards, as Chinese suppliers sometimes wrongfully charge your cards months/years after you made a purchase (happened with me few months back)

Regards
Kunal
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:32   #8020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The attached pic shows the clip I need for my Civic. The larger picture shows the RHS where the clip is missing and the picture inset shows the clip intact on the LHS and this is the clip that I need to procure.
Same missing on my civic as well, I have been using cable tie to prevent rattling due to missing clip. Cable tie has been doing good job so far.
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:33   #8021
BHPian

Quote:
@techcoze; Thanks. But this is not the fender stuff, but the bonnet stuff, (below the windscreen) so the part number may be different. In any case the dimensions should be Ok. I may have the pdf of the service manual somewhere.
Quote:
I have checked both have same dimensions and specifications.
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:45   #8022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Same missing on my civic as well, I have been using cable tie to prevent rattling due to missing clip. Cable tie has been doing good job so far.
Do you know if the clip shown by you in your earlier message with part number 91501-SEA-003 is the one that would fit this ? Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2017, 14:16   #8023
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if the clip shown by you in your earlier message with part number 91501-SEA-003 is the one that would fit this ? Thanks.
Hi rr_zen, yep these will fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170302_141455.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2017, 16:12   #8024
BANNED

@rr_zen; The clips are from the panel just below the wiper blade in your pic in #7018, and not the lower ones. I expect the sizes in my post and of kunal to be interchangeable. I have the parts e-catalog but the nos are missing.

@kunal you are in Gurugram, as is my son who has the Civic. I will try to put you in contact with each other.
Old 2nd March 2017, 17:30   #8025
BHPian

Quote:
@rr_zen; The clips are from the panel just below the wiper blade in your pic in #7018, and not the lower ones. I expect the sizes in my post and of kunal to be interchangeable. I have the parts e-catalog but the nos are missing.
After going through your last reply, I feel it needs a little bit clarification, there are two separate plastic cowls which have different retainer clips,

1. First type are present on inner side of fender ending in engine bay, the same which I have ordered and have shared the pics of the same in earlier posts.

2. Second type of retainer clips are present on the plastic cladding thats there under the wipers and is seated in between both the inner fenders plastic claddings/cowls in the engine bay. These are much smaller in size compared to the previous ones. Pics of the same are enclosed in this post (kindly refer to the vague red arrow pointer)

Quote:
@kunal you are in Gurugram, as is my son who has the Civic. I will try to put you in contact with each other.
Will look forward for it, would be a indeed a pleasure to get acquainted with son of such a knowledgeable person like your good self.

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170302_172435.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 2nd March 2017 at 18:21. Reason: Fixed quote.

Most Viewed