Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2017, 23:37   #8401
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Placed an order for a Mann Hummel cabin filter for 1834 bucks from Boodmo.com. It has a long delivery time and most probably will be imported. Filter is not available locally and had tried spareshub.com and they said it’s not available with them. They were giving a alternate generic one but I refused same. Also Altech filter on Amazon is not available anymore. Will be receiving the filter next month and also get to know how Boodmo’s service is.

Attachment 1639725

edit: just call from them asking for Vin no of vehicle.
Finally got the filter today. The filter is made in Czech Republic and seems good quality. Will install in my car tomorrow. Will report back if it does not fit proper.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20170606_232429.jpg

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 6th June 2017 at 23:56.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 07:04   #8402
Senior - BHPian

The filter was not a perfect fit. Notice the vertical mounts I had to install the filter against the direction of the slots by turning the direction of the filter. It was not fitting properly in the way the slots are. Still I was able to close the tray so no issues on that. MC 1008 Mann should be the proper fit against the CU 2358 I received from Boodmo. Oh well next time.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20170607_064410.jpg
Old 7th June 2017, 09:00   #8403
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got the filter today. The filter is made in Czech Republic and seems good quality. Will install in my car tomorrow. Will report back if it does not fit proper.

Attachment 1646297
@Sumeet: Is that an Active Carbon type air filter? Please post picture of the air filter as well.

Also do let us know about the air quality post installing it. Does it further removes the cabin smell and air fumes?
Old 7th June 2017, 09:41   #8404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
@Sumeet: Is that an Active Carbon type air filter? Please post picture of the air filter as well.

Also do let us know about the air quality post installing it. Does it further removes the cabin smell and air fumes?
Its a standard type filter not the charcoal type. Its similar to below. Check bhpian Sarthal's post below in same link. You can order off Amazon. I just installed it today so yet to know its effects.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3289106
Old 10th June 2017, 11:17   #8405

My civic clocked 1 lac km recently. So far so good. No major repairs. In last service, Service Engineer suggested to replace clutch but haven't replaced. Any idea how much will it cost? Is it mandatory to replace clutch after 100 k km on the odo?

Note from Support Team: Please proof read your posts prior to submitting them. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th June 2017 at 12:08. Reason: Please read the note posted above.
naren0410 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th June 2017, 22:27   #8406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren0410 View Post
My civic clocked 1 lac km recently. So far so good. No major repairs. In last service, Service Engineer suggested to replace clutch but haven't replaced. Any idea how much will it cost? Is it mandatory to replace clutch after 100 k km on the odo?

Note from Support Team: Please proof read your posts prior to submitting them. Thanks!
At Honda clutch overhaul will cost min 12k . At a good garage it shoiuld not go beyond 6 to 8k max.
Old 12th June 2017, 07:54   #8407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it mandatory to replace clutch after 100 k km on the odo?

Go for a Daikin Exedy clutch set. Should cost around 5.5-6k. Around a 1000 bucks for labour and you're sorted.

It's not mandatory to get a clutch overhaul at 100k. Is the clutch pedal hard? Or are you facing other issues?
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 10:03   #8408
BHPian

Quote:

Go for clutch overhaul only if other measures fail
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 11:15   #8409
BANNED

@skdking; I think 100,000km is more than enough for a clutch to last. You must be a careful driver. I think it is high time it is replaced. Inspecting the clutch is not easy in a fwd car.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 23:31   #8410
Senior - BHPian

Guys the windscreen gets hazy on operating the wipers. It becomes difficult to see at times especially at night. The wipers were bought last year and are just a year old. I was using pro klear washer fluid till last week which i emptied out and filled in regular water. Any suggestions on the haze situation? I am thinking the proklear is the culprit. Should i change the wipers? If so which brand?
Problem is similar to this.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 12th June 2017 at 23:58.
Old 12th June 2017, 23:58   #8411
BHPian

Quote:
Guys the windscreen gets hazy on operating the wipers. It becomes difficult to see at times especially at night. The wipers were bought last year and are just a year old. I was using pro klear washer fluid till last week which i emptied out and filled in regular water. Any suggestions on the haze situation? I am thinking the proklear is the culprit. Should i change the wipers? If so which brand?
@Sumeet I'm using Sonax Clear View Concentrate (made in Germany) since last 2 years which I bought from MGA outlet. It works like charm and cleans the windshield in one stroke both in case of my Civic and Swift.

You should change your wiper blades if they are leaving streaks else you can try this concentrate.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 00:05   #8412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
@Sumeet I'm using Sonax Clear View Concentrate (made in Germany) since last 2 years which I bought from MGA outlet. It works like charm and cleans the windshield in one stroke both in case of my Civic and Swift.

You should change your wiper blades if they are leaving streaks else you can try this concentrate.
Is the liquid to be poured in the winsheild reservoir?
Old 13th June 2017, 06:54   #8413
Senior - BHPian

Here's a pictorial from my side showing the rear suspension setup and bushes.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nda-civic.html

Any one due for a rear suspension check can refer
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 08:24   #8414
BHPian

Quote:
Is the liquid to be poured in the winsheild reservoir?
Yes Sumeet. It has to be filled into the reservoir along with distilled water in the ratio of 1:25

The bottle itself yeilds around 25 liters of cleaning fluid which is sufficient for multiple top ups.

I think you should give it a try before going for wiper blade replacement.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 10:48   #8415
BHPian

My clutch cylinder is squeaking again. Planning to solve this DIY way. Does anyone know where I can buy "red rubber grease" which is compatible with rubber parts and hydraulics.? I have been searching online but no success yet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks