Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 10:45   #106
BHPian

Re: Finally! “Driven!” & “Chosen a Diesel Sedan” – The VVS Magnum (Chevrolet Optra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Wonderful snaps there Poitive.
I just love B&W snaps.
and yours have come out beautifully.
The Sepia snap too is magnificent
Look forward to more snaps.
Lovely snaps of a wonderful car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
put in a word to Karl, mate! And for the Cruze this time! lol
Me suspects a slight wish that you have had the Cruze rather than the Optra?, given similar specs. The Optra however was more VFM. I would have opted for the Optra too.

An as aside, the slow unveiling of the central character in this thread can rival the best from Ekta Kapoor's stable.
pravingmh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 13:55   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally! “Driven!” & “Chosen a Diesel Sedan” – The VVS Magnum (Chevrolet Optra)

Thanks guys for appreciating the pictures. Have spent ample time on them. More to come.

The good comments mean a lot to me.
It was a very pleasant surprise to see the 5 stars on the thread last night. It said 3 votes with 5*. Today however it says 4 with 4.25. Seems someone found the thread 'bad'. And bad enough to go about reading and then rating it too! Would be good if they shared what they didn't like about it. Would be good feedback for me to go about this thread accordingly.

Wonder if it could be to do with the thread not being in the now near standard format.

Can share why I went about how I did in another post.

Seeing things in another way, the good words mean a lot more than the stars! The VVS would rather have the love than the stars - it isn't a spaceship afterall

Quote:
Wonderful snaps there Poitive.
I just love B&W snaps.
and yours have come out beautifully.
The Sepia snap too is magnificent
Look forward to more snaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
When you decide to upload the Color photos, maybe you can upload the sepia version first and then a Color one?
Got to credit Prabhu for the sepia too.

To my mind, the b/w snaps often have a sense of character to them, quite like the Optra. Not glitzy, however still with a lot of appeal.

Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
Lovely snaps of a wonderful car.
-----------
Me suspects a slight wish that you have had the Cruze rather than the Optra?, given similar specs. The Optra however was more VFM. I would have opted for the Optra too.
Thanks mate! It does feel wonderful, believe me.

Cruze and Magnum

This deserves a longer writeup. Possibly even a thread to compare them. But briefly, I do love the Cruze for how it drives. It handles better than the Magnum. Firmer suspension. Feels a bit quicker to respond to inputs - more agile.

Though I haven't pushed the Cruze enough, but the difference in handling seems much lesser than the softer suspension of the Magnum suggests.

But the cabin of Cruze is not designed as well. Not anywhere close to the Magnum. The seat isn't as comfortable (very important for me). Can't find a comfortable enough seating position. The seat is lesser suited for long drives, for my body structure. The pedals placement seems odd to me. The operation of the pedals felt a bit unnatural too. The floor of the footwell, the footrest, the rear bench - well, let us just say that the ergonomics leave a bit to be desired.

It seems to be built a bit more for racing around than comfortable everyday use.

Overall even at the same price, I may have still gone for the Magnum. But can't deny the appeal the Cruze has to drive. IS a joy and am sure I would have enjoyed the Cruze more for the first six months.

Quote:
An as aside, the slow unveiling of the central character in this thread can rival the best from Ekta Kapoor's stable.
Hope it doesn't get people as emotional as those soaps can

Last edited by Poitive : 28th August 2011 at 13:57. Reason: Noticed a third smiley and removed it.
Old 28th August 2011, 13:58   #108
BHPian

Well well..the boot is revealed and front is still a secret. Lovely pics. Love the clean and simple lines of Optra.
Old 28th August 2011, 14:06   #109
Senior - BHPian

Experiencing The VVS Magnum

EXPERIENCING THE VVS MAGNUM

Finally! “Driven!” & “Chosen a Diesel Sedan” – The VVS Magnum (Chevrolet Optra)-vvs5.jpg

A Modern Car!
(With the Amby etc, Doesn't this seem from the 70's?)

Edit: Just noticed that some lines seem jittery in the post,
however they do seem fine if one clicks on the picture to open the higher resolution one.

Last edited by Poitive : 28th August 2011 at 14:08.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 14:30   #110
Senior - BHPian

And here we get the front now.
Looks Fab. I love the alloys. The pic on the android opens up very small. So i dont get a great view.
Yes with the Amby in the pic it does give it a very nostalgic feeling especially since the snap is clicked in B&W.
Beautiful composition too with the lovely hedge.
The pics thus far have been a real treat.
Old 28th August 2011, 18:09   #111
BHPian

Hello Poitive !

Heartiest Congratulations on the new arrival in your family, the gracious n handsome VVS !!! This is the best thing I've heard in many days... and the way you've described it is simply awesome, mate... you should try your hand at some literary work

Sorry for being late in wishing, but I'm posting on the forum maybe after a month... In the meanwhile, did a TD of the Fiesta, and applied for cancellation of my booking. I'm posting the details of the TD on the Fiesta thread.
Old 28th August 2011, 19:22   #112
Senior - BHPian

Hey Poitive just saw the Nissan Micra Advert on tv a while ago at my parents place.
And it reminded me of your thread.
The first part of the ad shows Ranbir driving the Micra in a 70s setting. This reminded me of your recent snaps. Way to go. Looks like along with literary skill you have a chance at advertising too.
Keep em coming.
Drive Safe!
Old 29th August 2011, 02:02   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Well well..the boot is revealed and front is still a secret. Lovely pics. Love the clean and simple lines of Optra.
Thanks mate! Seems there was some kind of telepathy. I think I was uploading the picture with the front, as you were writing this. The part I visually like best in the car's looks is yet to come up in a proper proper way. And will have more than one picture of it. May just bore a few with the near repetition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hello Poitive !

Heartiest Congratulations on the new arrival in your family, the gracious n handsome VVS !!! This is the best thing I've heard in many days... and the way you've described it is simply awesome, mate... you should try your hand at some literary work

Sorry for being late in wishing, but I'm posting on the forum maybe after a month... In the meanwhile, did a TD of the Fiesta, and applied for cancellation of my booking. I'm posting the details of the TD on the Fiesta thread.
Hey rock22!
Good to see you back man! Was wondering where you vanished and thought that maybe you just went ahead with the NFF, though was still left thinking if it was possible that you wouldn't inform us. So, the NFF didn't work out. I guess it would be the engine not being powerful enough, the prices not seeing worth it and that it is generally not received well enough. I remember your excitement when it was launched and you booked it. But well, if it wasn't a suitable car, better to have pulled out now, than living with a car that doesn't make you happy. BTW, looked for your post in the NFF thread and couldn't find it.

Thanks for sharing the happiness mate This one does feel special. How this one drives is sheer joy.

And yes, thanks for the compliment too. Am enjoying writing, which is a bit of a surprise for me too!

Quote:
And here we get the front now.
Looks Fab. I love the alloys. The pic on the android opens up very small. So i dont get a great view.
Yes with the Amby in the pic it does give it a very nostalgic feeling especially since the snap is clicked in B&W.
Beautiful composition too with the lovely hedge.
The pics thus far have been a real treat.
Hey Starry Saab (hope you wouldn't mind this temporary deviation in name),

Really appreciate your making the effort of posting from the phone. The VVS is impressed with your interest! If it really were the kind to play cricket, you'd be sitting next to the pavilion!! LOL

I really liked this picture on the whole. The the Amby, the people with Gandhi (now Anna) caps, the old world feel of the Rajpath, the minibus with a not so modern design, the monochrome picture - it all came up to one thing - a feel of the times gone by, thus making The VVS look like a modern car!

Quote:
Hey Poitive just saw the Nissan Micra Advert on tv a while ago at my parents place.
And it reminded me of your thread.
The first part of the ad shows Ranbir driving the Micra in a 70s setting. This reminded me of your recent snaps. Way to go. Looks like along with literary skill you have a chance at advertising too.
Keep em coming.
Drive Safe!
I read your comment on the phone and an hour or two later, happened to see the advert too. Was a nice one. I just feel lucky to be driving through some wonderful roads quite often (for those who haven't seen the advert, it's theme is about the free moving roads from the 70s not being available anymore). Just love being able to take this one zipping when the conditions allow. Also end up driving at night too, which is a delight. Gosh! I am excited like a boy now. Just came back and this car does this to me.

I anyway seem to be into advertizing. This car on the forum.
LOL

Thanks for kind words.

Pictures vs Experiencing the VVS series of posts

I seem to be spending too much time on pictures, hence have ended up with an unintended pause on the "Experiencing The VVS" series of posts. But there seemed to be a lot more interest in the pics than the writeups.
Will try to add the to them soon. Just in case anyone is considering the car seriously and urgently and would like to check on something, please feel free to PM or email me (potive at gmail dot com). It may take quite a while to really complete the series of posts.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:53   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Thanks mate! Seems there was some kind of telepathy. I think I was uploading the picture with the front, as you were writing this. The part I visually like best in the car's looks is yet to come up in a proper proper way. And will have more than one picture of it. May just bore a few with the near repetition.
My guess is its the proper front view that you love the most.

Only issue I have with Optra is the alloys. The old alloys looked much better IMO. Is there an option to go back to the old alloys while booking the car?
Old 29th August 2011, 11:18   #115
Senior - BHPian

Hey Poitive

Good photos! B&W photos are really good. The one with the Amby is true classic. But we need mroe man. The speed with which you are uploading photos is too too slow, almost snail pace.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:13   #116
BHPian

Hey Poitive! many congrats, voted 05 stars for this thread!

Now, show the real colours of VVS!
Old 29th August 2011, 13:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

Finally! “Driven!” & “Chosen a Diesel Sedan” – The VVS Magnum (Chevrolet Optra)-vvs6.jpg

Aspirations to be a Limo?

(the hood seems so much longer than normal in this one)

Last edited by Poitive : 29th August 2011 at 13:45.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:17   #118
Senior - BHPian

Finally! “Driven!” & “Chosen a Diesel Sedan” – The VVS Magnum (Chevrolet Optra)-vvs7.jpg

Cut to Size!

(the hood looking smaller than normal - the tricks photographers can play!)

Guys, wanted to upload this and the previous one last night, however the internet connectivity was rather erratic.
IMHO, the ridges in the hood seem to have come out well in this one.

Last edited by Poitive : 29th August 2011 at 14:36.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:40   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I love the alloys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
My guess is its the proper front view that you love the most.

Only issue I have with Optra is the alloys. The old alloys looked much better IMO. Is there an option to go back to the old alloys while booking the car?
Ah no! Am talking about a small part/area of the car which really appeals to me. Will work on those pics now to be the next.

The older alloys do look a lot snazzier and more sporty. These ones seem rather bland. Almost too bland. However, IMO, they go well with the character of the car. If I don't think of the older Alloys, I too go with mdsaab's view above

The older alloys weren't an option. I didn't check myself, but some other members had.

PS: The alloys look a little bit better in that Amby pic than in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hey Poitive

Good photos! B&W photos are really good. The one with the Amby is true classic. But we need mroe man. The speed with which you are uploading photos is too too slow, almost snail pace.
Thanks mate. Yes it is slow. Had taken too many pictures from similar angles. I haven't really used graphics software for a long time now and that makes me rather slow. Selecting apt photos is also taking time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Hey Poitive! many congrats, voted 05 stars for this thread!

Now, show the real colours of VVS!
Hey breezy!
Thanks mate. Am really enjoying this one. How are things moving for you? Hope you are closer to taking that plunge.

And thanks again for the stars.

It seems others are finding the thread 'terrible' or 'bad'. Don't know if it is anything personal or if the thread really that bad for some. Would be more constructive, if they just posted why they don't like the thread here.
Old 29th August 2011, 19:27   #120
Team-BHP Support

Now this is good. Expressive pictures indeed. Awesome!
I think we should move the the 70's now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks