Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 07:47   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyance View Post
I'm actually doubting the authenticity of this review. No offences please, but the best step would be to go to a consumer grievance cell for redressal and not post a ownership review. Had I been in ur place, I would have used every resource at my disposal to straighten things out, that includes writing to the topmost guy, Mr. Tata and go to the press. I'm actually wondering, should such serious allegations not be moderated and backed by proof before they are published on T-bhp?

Mods, such allegations, if false cost companies their reputation and people build judgements. I'm not a TATA guy, but just a guy who would believe only if they are supported by evidence. Especially such serious allegations. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but can't believe this one.
Check page 4. Do u think I have so much free time in life to write about cars which i do not use. Why are you so worried that an ownership review is posted. what exactly is this forum for? Please go through the whole thread and if you still feel it is not authentic, come to pune I will show you the cars. Further going to press is what will defame them. Until my boss gives me clearance I will do no such thing.

@cyberwhizs, Thanks for the summary. 16k kms in 6 months is too low for our company car as we cover more than 120kms/day with some outstation trips as well. Will post the third cars mileage today. During my PDI the car was working fine and all the electronics as well. But a PDI from the dealer to check the internals is more critical.

@psbali, I am hoping it is a batch problem and not a common one.

@ 1100d, seems like a few had minor niggles which are expected from Tata but nothing major till now

@SushilBajpai, you lucky man. My Ceo was impressed by the safety when I showed him the car. Hence our decision for Aria.

I am waiting for my CEO to visit pune before I discuss what to do with the Arias. We may have wait for another 4 months as we are all busy with our office project. We will not be able to spend the required time to follow up Tata or the courts for a solution.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 13:40   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Check page 4. Do u think I have so much free time in life to write about cars which i do not use. Why are you so worried that an ownership review is posted. what exactly is this forum for? Please go through the whole thread and if you still feel it is not authentic, come to pune I will show you the cars. Further going to press is what will defame them. Until my boss gives me clearance I will do no such thing.

@cyberwhizs, Thanks for the summary. 16k kms in 6 months is too low for our company car as we cover more than 120kms/day with some outstation trips as well. Will post the third cars mileage today. During my PDI the car was working fine and all the electronics as well. But a PDI from the dealer to check the internals is more critical.

@psbali, I am hoping it is a batch problem and not a common one.

@ 1100d, seems like a few had minor niggles which are expected from Tata but nothing major till now

@SushilBajpai, you lucky man. My Ceo was impressed by the safety when I showed him the car. Hence our decision for Aria.

I am waiting for my CEO to visit pune before I discuss what to do with the Arias. We may have wait for another 4 months as we are all busy with our office project. We will not be able to spend the required time to follow up Tata or the courts for a solution.
Thanks Indian21r, for taking my doubts in the right spirit. The only reason why i had to write that thread was to give it a different perspective. If what you have experiences is really the fact, I really pity your state and wish TATA makes it up for this unpardonable product.

Reading all the different responses to your thread, you too must have realized the usual attitude of readers. They seldom pause to verify the facts and start responding and bashing, as if whatever is mentioned is the gospel truth. I once again appeal mods, to not clear such posts, which make serious claims, without proper verification.
Old 16th November 2011, 15:01   #78
BHPian

@shreyance there will always be fans & there will be bashers. But till now most of the comments were objective. let us leave it a there.

Anyway I guess the second Aria maybe coming back today.

By the way what can we expect as resale for the cars. We paid a lakh more for corporate registration. That looks like a dead loss now if we have to sell the car
Old 16th November 2011, 16:06   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By the way what can we expect as resale for the cars. We paid a lakh more for corporate registration. That looks like a dead loss now if we have to sell the car
Have you got any response from the company? If not, I would request you to write a mail to the auto-magazines and request them to publish your issues in one of their editions. I read somewhere on this forum that some mags do help the customers out & the companies take the issues seriously once this goes on air.

Edit:: I know I am suggeting stuffs which take more time for you. One more suggestion is to check with some other owners who bought Arias at the same time as yours, for similar issues or some other problems?

Also if you really want to sell it, ask the dealer or pre-owned division to give the max re-sale for this car. Out in the market, this might go for pea-nuts compared to the OTR prices. Threaten the dealer that you would use your Arias for negative publicity by pasting stickers on the car about the problems you faced. This might work.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th November 2011 at 16:10.
Old 16th November 2011, 17:02   #80
BHPian

Quote:
We paid a lakh more for corporate registration. That looks like a dead loss now if we have to sell the car
Some part of the corporate registration amount will be refunded by the RTO to your company if you are selling to an individual buyer.
Old 16th November 2011, 17:06   #81
BHPian

A practical lesson on putting all the eggs in one basket - especially a Tata basket. Yeah, hind-sight is always 20/20, but still.... buying TWO Arias at one go? You showed a lot of confidence in TATA Motors, guess you won't be making that mistake again.

I hope TATA responds and makes up for the trouble & inconvenience they have caused you - but maybe that is just wishful thinking. You will probably lose around 20% or more if you sell the cars. But it might be more prudent to bite the bullet and swallow the loss now than to continue struggling with a car that you will clearly be very unhappy with. Even if the cars work properly from now on, you will never be 100% comfortable about relying on them for any important trips.

Good luck.
Old 16th November 2011, 17:21   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
You will probably lose around 20% or more if you sell the cars.
I doubt if he will so much. Anyone who buys the car will look at service records etc. and those documents do not paint a pretty picture. The closest competition - XUV - can be bought brand new at that price.
Old 16th November 2011, 17:42   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you got any response from the company? If not, I would request you to write a mail to the auto-magazines and request them to publish your issues in one of their editions. I read somewhere on this forum that some mags do help the customers out & the companies take the issues seriously once this goes on air.

Edit:: I know I am suggeting stuffs which take more time for you. One more suggestion is to check with some other owners who bought Arias at the same time as yours, for similar issues or some other problems?

Also if you really want to sell it, ask the dealer or pre-owned division to give the max re-sale for this car. Out in the market, this might go for pea-nuts compared to the OTR prices. Threaten the dealer that you would use your Arias for negative publicity by pasting stickers on the car about the problems you faced. This might work.
Dear Mr.Reddy,

We have noted your concerns. Our team will take up the pending concern of Extended Warranty on priority. Territory Sales Manager –UV will speak to you w.r.t status updates in the next 3 working days.

In addition to this we once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and the user of the Aria vehicle bearing registration number MH12. We would request to share the details of the workshop where the vehicle has been towed to, as the same cannot be traced in our system as of now. We will prioritize to address each and every concern of said vehicle. Our Customer support team (handling the particular workshop) will personally supervise the necessary work to be done.

Rest assured all the concerns will be addressed to your satisfaction. Thanking you for your patience and patronage.

Regards,
Ravi Nair

Respone from Tata. But till now I am yet to receive the call or the extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Some part of the corporate registration amount will be refunded by the RTO to your company if you are selling to an individual buyer.
Thanks for this info man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
A practical lesson on putting all the eggs in one basket - especially a Tata basket. Yeah, hind-sight is always 20/20, but still.... buying TWO Arias at one go? You showed a lot of confidence in TATA Motors, guess you won't be making that mistake again.
Well lucky that we brought only 2 Arias. Infact we were looking to buy 6 of them. But deferred the purchase for some other reason. 20% or more depreciation in 6 months is too bad. Qualis which did 3,00,000kms and 4-5 years old had just 30 odd % depreciation in Hyd after it was discontinued. Indian T not yet upto global T

Last edited by indian21r : 16th November 2011 at 17:46.
Old 16th November 2011, 17:45   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Incredible that a manufacturer with global ambitions charging 18 lakh rupees for a car still cannot provide you with niggle free experience. It tells me that something is terribly wrong with the fundamentals of the company. Makes me want to think twice about recommending Vitsa to my friends.
Come on guys...Let's try to be a bit cooler about the big picture. I'm absolutely very disappointed about what indian21r is going through. Its really very very sad that he showed trust in an Indian product and it went sour.

Yet, challenging the fundamentals of a company as legendary as the Tatas? That's a bit overboard. That is one rare house that has made us Indians proud beyond doubt. I personally have nothing to do with Tata. In fact I work/always have worked for competitor companies (The Mahindras to be precise). My SUV of choice might as well be the XUV over the ARIA. But then, does the unfortunate scenario of 2 cars going bad with the same customer suddenly make the Tata group the biggest criminal in India?

And we are saying all those things about TATA, without even seeing the cars in person? Do we even know if the cars were handled properly? No offence meant, but when we haven't seen a thing, every possibility remains open. Not exactly the BHPian way of doing it.

I just googled "Toyota Innova problems" and i got hundreds of links where people have documented flaws and problems identical or even worse than the ones faced in these 2 ARIAs.

TOYOTA INNOVA Complaints, Reviews - COMPLAINT FOR THE SAME COMPLAINTS NUMBER OF TIMES BUT THEY ARE UNABLE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM
There are plenty links at the bottom of this link also. Plenty Toyotas also suffer from fried clutch plates.

The quality control as a whole is terrible across all products in India, right from feather dusters to battle Tanks made for the army. Its a sour fact that we all know. We here on TBHP have hundreds of reviews of Skodas and VWs giving a hard time to their owners. Now they are premium car makers who do everything to deliver the best product to their customers. But when its made on an assembly line which has a target to roll out 4 digit number of cars a month, misses do happen.

Let's not be fans or bashers and jump to conviction and the death penalty. Lets instead try and use this forum to get a replacement to those 2 cars.

There are still some things that need to be checked.

1. How are the other vehicles in the fleet doing when handled by the same drivers that had the ARIAs?

2. Are there any MODs done in the electrical fronts of the ARIAs? Like a simple horn upgrade? If the job is not done properly, even a simple earthing miss has the capability to make the whole electronics go bonkers.

3. These ARIAs have run a hell lot in a short span. Which places did they go? If they were taken to places with roads washed away with rain, and were driven carelessly off road / in rural areas, any damage is possible.

4. These are being used for long journeys with driver in ownership for most of the time. How documented are the movements? Who knows if there is some misuse being done? Some parts being sold off for cheap replacements using connections in workshops? Leave no stones unturned.

5. Rational thinking opens up the question, that why 100% ARIAs in this particular co.'s ownership are going bad when we don't have too many such reports? I have met tens of ARIA owners (if not hundreds) at the same Pandit Auto workshop and ALL of them have been completely happy always, without a niggle.

6. Service guys have definitely been below par in your case. You need to escalate that further. Contrary to your experiences, I've ALWAYS had a prompt response and prompt service whenever I contacted TATA instead of the dealership. Not even the CMD or CEO levels. Just the cac@tatamotors email ID. (Not sure if its still the same. Been more than an year since I last wrote to them.)

Team BHP is a unique forum which always stays unbiased and rational. Lets do it that way here also. This case needs advises to get the 2 cars back on road for long run. Not our views about how bad Tata is. Those won't help much fellows...

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th November 2011 at 18:04. Reason: typo correction.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 18:26   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Yet, challenging the fundamentals of a company as legendary as the Tatas? That's a bit overboard.
Not Tata but Tata Motors and I hope you realize the difference. Your argument is based on the premise that we are going overboard with bashing Tata when its Tata Motors actually. And its not as if we are making a mountain out of a mole hill, there are real problems and we are pointing them out and even suggesting solutions on a number of threads on tbhp. Thats consultation for free because we know what Tata brand stands for and stories like this and numerous others don't do it any favor.

Quote:
That is one rare house that has made us Indians proud beyond doubt. I personally have nothing to do with Tata. In fact I work/always have worked for competitor companies (The Mahindras to be precise). My SUV of choice might as well be the XUV over the ARIA. But then, does the unfortunate scenario of 2 cars going bad with the same customer suddenly make the Tata group the biggest criminal in India?
Most expensive Tata car, the one which is supposedly the best in quality and technology, tested thoroughly. From a sample size of two here, the failure rate is 100%!

Quote:
And we are saying all those things about TATA, without even seeing the cars in person? Do we even know if the cars were handled properly? No offence meant, but when we haven't seen a thing, every possibility remains open. Not exactly the BHPian way of doing it.
Yes I agree but the bhpian in question here is an pld member with high credibility on the forum.

Quote:
I just googled "Toyota Innova problems" and i got hundreds of links where people have documented flaws and problems identical or even worse than the ones faced in these 2 ARIAs.

TOYOTA INNOVA Complaints, Reviews - COMPLAINT FOR THE SAME COMPLAINTS NUMBER OF TIMES BUT THEY ARE UNABLE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM
There are plenty links at the bottom of this link also. Plenty Toyotas also suffer from fried clutch plates.
But whats the sample size are we talking here? Toyota sells more Innova's in a month than total combined sales of Aria since launch. Remember most of the Innova's are sold as taxi's where they are abused like no other and hardly see authorized service center for regular servicing.

Quote:
Let's not be fans or bashers and jump to conviction and the death penalty. Lets instead try and use this forum to get a replacement to those 2 cars.

There are still some things that need to be checked.

1. How are the other vehicles in the fleet doing when handled by the same drivers that had the ARIAs?

2. Are there any MODs done in the electrical fronts of the ARIAs? Like a simple horn upgrade? If the job is not done properly, even a simple earthing miss has the capability to make the whole electronics go bonkers.

3. These ARIAs have run a hell lot in a short span. Which places did they go? If they were taken to places with roads washed away with rain, and were driven carelessly off road / in rural areas, any damage is possible.

4. These are being used for long journeys with driver in ownership for most of the time. How documented are the movements? Who knows if there is some misuse being done? Some parts being sold off for cheap replacements using connections in workshops? Leave no stones unturned.

5. Rational thinking opens up the question, that why 100% ARIAs in this particular co.'s ownership are going bad when we don't have too many such reports? I have met tens of ARIA owners (if not hundreds) at the same Pandit Auto workshop and ALL of them have been completely happy always, without a niggle.

6. Service guys have definitely been below par in your case. You need to escalate that further. Contrary to your experiences, I've ALWAYS had a prompt response and prompt service whenever I contacted TATA instead of the dealership. Not even the CMD or CEO levels. Just the cac@tatamotors email ID. (Not sure if its still the same. Been more than an year since I last wrote to them.)

Team BHP is a unique forum which always stays unbiased and rational. Lets do it that way here also. This case needs advises to get the 2 cars back on road for long run. Not our views about how bad Tata is. Those won't help much fellows...
Only Indian can answer these questions.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 18:47   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post

Only Indian can answer these questions.
Indeed...That's the main reason why I said we should not jump to a conclusion that the cars are bad, and Tata Motors. Those are the things that could kill any vehicle and we don't know about them. I agree that Indian is a trusted BHPian, but note that he is not the person who looks after those ARIAs or drives them to remote places. He may not be in a position to see the full picture due to obvious business situations.

Yeah I was referring to TML earlier also, not Tata Sons. They have done enough so far to gain some respect. I do like the feeling that it was TML that managed to resurface the sunken J-LR ship and bring it back to its glory.

And extreme_torque, absolutely no offense ok? I just picked your post to quote randomly. There are plenty other posts which I was referring to. Apologies if it felt personal challenge.
Old 16th November 2011, 18:53   #87
Senior - BHPian

very sad to hear about these problems with ARIA. i heard that your case has become a hot topic @ meetings in TATA Motors. I am sure these will be resolved to your satisfaction.

the bad part of the story was- both the cars faced problem.

Yesterday i happened to meet a tourist driver who had come to drop a TCS manager in our society in Maroon ARIA with yellow number plate.

The driver was the owner of the car shocked to hear this and i was suddenly very much humble with him, he spoke good english too.

He said apart from air escaping continuously from front right tyre he never faced any problem. he has done 18200 kms already.

he also mentioned that Pandit auto gives him a preferential treatment and all the SA have become his good friends.

After getting some money out of this car he said he will buy a pearl white ARIA next time, as this time he took whatever was available immediately.

He loves the innova too which he has and covered 1.4 lacs already but he said that that ARIA is way better to drive and is " Raje " king on highways
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 19:13   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
very sad to hear about these problems with ARIA. i heard that your case has become a hot topic @ meetings in TATA Motors. I am sure these will be resolved to your satisfaction.

the bad part of the story was- both the cars faced problem.

Yesterday i happened to meet a tourist driver who had come to drop a TCS manager in our society in Maroon ARIA with yellow number plate.

The driver was the owner of the car shocked to hear this and i was suddenly very much humble with him, he spoke good english too.

He said apart from air escaping continuously from front right tyre he never faced any problem. he has done 18200 kms already.

he also mentioned that Pandit auto gives him a preferential treatment and all the SA have become his good friends.

After getting some money out of this car he said he will buy a pearl white ARIA next time, as this time he took whatever was available immediately.

He loves the innova too which he has and covered 1.4 lacs already but he said that that ARIA is way better to drive and is " Raje " king on highways
I've also met quite a lot of satisfied ARIA customers crunching miles like hell. Its not Pandit auto that gives the preference. I believe its Tata's policy to offer preferential service to their Premium ARIA customers.

Its a fact that Tata still has a some way to go to be in the best when it comes to build etc. But these issues faced by Indian are not what all TML cars offer as a free gift package. This definitely is an unlucky one-off (or I should say Two-off) or someone is surely jinxing those cars somewhere somehow.

I really wish TML reads this thread and takes quick actions to repair and hopefully REPLACE those two cars. The damage this thread can do to the already suffering ARIA is unimaginable .

Indian, I hope you have sent the link to this thread in your mails. Don't just share on twitter. Send it in every email you drop. Leverage the collective opinion to get those cars back in order.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th November 2011 at 19:25. Reason: removed unnecessary junk.
Old 16th November 2011, 19:27   #89
BHPian

A few members are referring to the cars being driven a lot in short span of time. I do not see how driving around 2k kms in a month is 'too much'. 2k kms in a month is around 70 kms a day - roughly 2-3 hours on road. Hardly qualifies as too much driving in my opinion. A lot of people do that kind of driving every day. 3 of the cars in my family notch up close to 3k kms in a month. There are hundreds of people in my office who drive down from Delhi everyday - on an average a 70-80km round trip. I would consider 2k kms as very normal given what I see on a day to day basis.
Old 16th November 2011, 19:59   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

Amit - good to know that this case is being discussed at TATA, but what would be the action taken post meeting. Is the meeting being discussed just a case study or is the sales team using this incident to back thier appaling sales figures or is it that as a goodwill to the customer Tata is planning to replace the car ? please throw more light on the same.

Secondly - i would beg to differ in opinion of a taxi driver on the performance of a car. For a taxi driver, if a car gets him from point a to point b it is a niggle free car, even if basic electricals / mechanicals dont work and the whole car vibrates like hell. Secondly, I have never heard any taxi driver telling that his car is bad. Indica drivers praise indica like anything. Sumo cabbies tell there is nothing to beat a Sumo etc. I have travelled by Indica umpteen number of times (Office Cabs) and most of them shudder, vibrate and there is nothing more that can fall out. Oh yes i forgot to mention that most of the dashboard light is gloomy at 1,00,000 kms.

How many cabbies are TBHP members and how many cabbies care about quality, fit and finish ?

I have heard Alto owners say that Alto is the best highway car. In my experience, i have not come across one owner, who will say that his car is not so good on the highway. So, i am not sure how much to value a cabbie's statement.

If i hear a trouble free / niggle free private ownership review from a BHPian at 20,000 kms, i would rate the product as acceptable.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks