Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2014, 14:57   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
I got to drive the Ertiga sometime back. While I enjoyed the car, i felt it did not have the zip of my club class manza and personally i believe that suzuki did a great job by slotting this and I feel Tata missed a chance here in this segment. Why do i say this? The Ertiga and Manza share the same engine ( diesel ) with identical specs and surprising fact is the dimensions are more or less... The Manza has greater zip and feel while driving on the road compared to the Ertiga..not sure why but that's what i felt and i drove nearly 100 kms. Overall the Ertiga left a good feeling.
Ertiga is afterall MPV and not a sedan. If you compare say ertiga and sx4 you will feel same about that zip
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:59   #1952
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Ertiga is afterall MPV and not a sedan. If you compare say ertiga and sx4 you will feel same about that zip

I aware of the difference my friend and I was left wondering where did all the power disappear. After driving the Manza, I felt the Ertiga to be smooth but no power.
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:17   #1953
BANNED

Quote:

I aware of the difference my friend and I was left wondering where did all the power disappear. After driving the Manza, I felt the Ertiga to be smooth but no power.
Gearing is different and the ECU maps to could be slightly different on fuel delivery and power delivery.

The Manza is a sedan whereas the Ertiga is an MPV with a bulky body. The Manza is streamlined and aerodynamic when compared to the Ertiga so the car hugs to the road and feels spirited.

Ertiga indeed is a very understated car.

Anurag.
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:18   #1954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Obvious, isnt it? I have driven both Manza and ertiga but I cant really say the power disappeared. Since gearing is modified in Ertiga, the vehicle revvs up soon in first and second as they are short. Even third gear is a tad short. Hence you feel as if the engine is running out of breath. The LUV later settles down to a good cruise in fourth and fifth.

Gear ratios on Manza is closely matched. Hence as you shift up, the rev matching is better done compared to the ertiga and hence the acceleration is seamless.

If driven hard, and gears matched, I feel the lighter ertiga has the acceleration as well as cruising ability without being fully occupied. Mind you, the Manza is heavier than the Ertiga and when there are only one or two passengers in either car, I can bet on the ertiga for a better performance.

Nevertheless, the Ertiga could have deserved a bigger engine since being used to the 1.6L petrol engine in my SX4, I wasn't impressed by its performance. However its not a fair comparison again. Some amount of performance is sacrificed here to achieve economy.

Edit: Didnt see Anurags post above.

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd August 2014 at 19:19.
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:42   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you compare SX4 diesel and Manza it will be similar. There is difference between SX4 and Ertiga itself which have exactly same heart inside(apart from the gearing).

But Ertiga is not meant for driving fun. Its only meant for fun driving with whole family
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 14:39   #1956
Senior - BHPian

I believe the factory fitted HU in the top end Ertiga ZDi does not come with an inbuilt bluetooth functionality. If this is indeed true, then I would like to know from Ertiga owners, how have you overcome this lacunae and how are you managing to speak handsfree while in the Ertiga?

p.s I am expecting the Ertiga test drive vehicle to come to my house in the next half an hour. I had requested the TD vehicle to be brought to my house so that I can drive it with all the six members in my family. This way I can check out their comfort level and also the pulling power. Moreover I can verify how convenient/ difficult it is to slot it in my apartment parking.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 16th August 2014 at 14:41.
Old 16th August 2014, 14:48   #1957
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I believe the factory fitted HU in the top end Ertiga ZDi does not come with an inbuilt bluetooth functionality. If this is indeed true, then I would like to know from Ertiga owners, how have you overcome this lacunae and how are you managing to speak handsfree while in the Ertiga?

p.s I am expecting the Ertiga test drive vehicle to come to my house in the next half an hour. I had requested the TD vehicle to be brought to my house so that I can drive it with all the six members in my family. This way I can check out their comfort level and also the pulling power. Moreover I can verify how convenient/ difficult it is to slot it in my apartment parking.
True that Ertiga ZDi doesn't come with bluetooth in HU.
You might want to check this out-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/153818-ertiga-diy-installing-2-din-stereo-bluetooth.html
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 15:06   #1958
BANNED

Quote:

p.s I am expecting the Ertiga test drive vehicle to come to my house in the next half an hour.
Good development in your car buying process.

Check the link in the DIY section by Mr. Parag where he has installed a Kenwood HU (bluetooth compatibility)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3493470

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 15:16   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
True that Ertiga ZDi doesn't come with bluetooth in HU.
You might want to check this out-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/153818-ertiga-diy-installing-2-din-stereo-bluetooth.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good development in your car buying process.

Check the link in the DIY section by Mr. Parag where he has installed a Kenwood HU (bluetooth compatibility)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3493470

Anurag.
Great D4D and Anurag, thank you both for sharing the link to Parag's thread on Installing a 2-DIN Stereo with Bluetooth.

Besides the lack of bluetooth enabled audio and ACC, what else do you think even the top end of the Ertiga misses out on compared to the current generation of cars in the market (both MUV and sedans included)?

Also besides the obvious 2 extra seats and space advantage that the Ertiga has over sedans, what else do you think are the USPs of Ertiga and why one should go for it?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 16th August 2014 at 15:18.
Old 16th August 2014, 15:18   #1960
BANNED

Quote:
Besides the lack of bluetooth enabled audio and ACC, what else do you think even the top end of the Ertiga misses out on compared to the current generation of cars in the market (both MUV and sedans included)
Other than the ACC, I don't think there's much that is missed. A complete performer with neutral stance in most areas of ownership.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th August 2014 at 15:22.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 15:36   #1961
D4D
BHPian

Quote:

Besides the lack of bluetooth enabled audio and ACC, what else do you think even the top end of the Ertiga misses out on compared to the current generation of cars in the market (both MUV and sedans included)?

Also besides the obvious 2 extra seats and space advantage that the Ertiga has over sedans, what else do you think are the USPs of Ertiga and why one should go for it?
Parking sensors and Reversing camera are not included. Also, you may find lesser bottle holders compared to a Honda car.

At the price, I think sedans like City and Verna will be more equipped and will feel more premium.

But yes, if you need a 7 seater, in the the 2 extra seats aren't going to be used to carry adults, Eriga makes a very strong case.

Also, Ertiga gives you 85% of what an Innova gives at 65% the price.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 21:35   #1962
Distinguished - BHPian

Well i was at Kolkata city center and saw an Ertiga displayed over there. From a distance i could see a different front grill and i got interested and thought it to be a face-lift model so went closer to check it out. Maruti launched an Ertiga Limited Edition. Due to low light i could not click much pics and it was drizzling too. So checked the car from out side. The display car was on a blue shade.

1) The new chrome'd grill was looking like an after market fitment like what we see in many alto's. It killed the original Ertiga look. Am not saying without the chrome the Eriga looked beautiful but with chrome its looking bad. Is it the Mobilo effect?

2)Chromed door handles looked okayish.

3) Again the graphics looked bad and tacky.

4) The Alloy wheels were looking cool.

5) I liked this new blue shade too.

6) The beige interiors looked good but i cant differentiate it much with the normal Ertiga as am not very much familiar with this car. The existing owners can judge it better.

7) After coming back i searched the net and found the brochure of the Ertiga limited Edition.
https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...n-brochure.pdf

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-marutisuzukiertigalimitededition01.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 16th August 2014 at 21:39.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 22:08   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other than the ACC, I don't think there's much that is missed. A complete performer with neutral stance in most areas of ownership.

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Parking sensors and Reversing camera are not included. Also, you may find lesser bottle holders compared to a Honda car.

At the price, I think sedans like City and Verna will be more equipped and will feel more premium.

But yes, if you need a 7 seater, in the the 2 extra seats aren't going to be used to carry adults, Eriga makes a very strong case.

Also, Ertiga gives you 85% of what an Innova gives at 65% the price.
Thank you once again D4D and Anurag for your inputs. The customer advisor got the TD car to my home. When I started to test drive I was amazed by the NVH levels inside the cabin, I could barely hear the engine. When we were almost 2 km into the test drive, I was told that I was driving an Ertiga ZXi with an aftermarket CNG kit fitted to it and I was on the CNG mode. No wonder why the NVH were so muted.

But the car was so awesome to drive. We were 5 adults and 2 kids in the car and in each gear the car pulled quite effortlessly. Took a long TD of 12 kms. Could stretch the legs and reached 80kmph on an empty portion of road. The gear shift was very precise and brakes had superb bite. I could easily chuck the car around corners and driving in traffic didn't give me any jitters, which I was expecting due to its size. Now the litmust test of putting the car in my apartment parking slot and voila, to my utter surprise, I could slot it in one go. I couldn't notice much difference between CNG and Petrol mode, infact I had started the TD on CNG mode.

The customer advisor recommended to go for the factory fitted CNG version. Wish MSIL had come out with the CNG in ZXi. One query to you all CNG Ertigans, does the CNG VXi come with ABS brakes even as an option? No airbags though not good, is fine and I can live with it, however absence of ABS beakes is a big no for me. I was browsing carwale for the onroad prices and I notice this strange disparity in the RTO registration charges for the VXi petrol and VXi CNG versions in PCMC area.

VXi petrol, Ex-Showroom Price - 6,80,519, RTO - 67,291
VXi CNG, Ex-Showroom Price - 7,40,072, RTO - 43,048

So the CNG Ertiga registraion is cheaper by 24K, though the exshowroom is higher by 60K. Are the RTO registration charges lesser for CNG vehicles in all jurisdictions, CNG being a cleaner fuel?
Old 16th August 2014, 22:34   #1964
BANNED

Quote:
When I started to test drive I was amazed by the NVH levels inside the cabin, I could barely hear the engine. When we were almost 2 km into the test drive, I was told that I was driving an Ertiga ZXi with an aftermarket CNG kit fitted to it and I was on the CNG mode. No wonder why the NVH were so muted.

But the car was so awesome to drive. We
Good to see you happy. The Ertiga gets optional ABS in VXi/VDi variants. IMO, the VDi ABS version sells the most after ZDi.

I am not sure on the CNG version but what is your monthly running?

Anurag.
Old 16th August 2014, 22:40   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to see you happy. The Ertiga gets optional ABS in VXi/VDi variants. IMO, the VDi ABS version sells the most after ZDi.

I am not sure on the CNG version but what is your monthly running?

Anurag.
All diesel variants have ABS by default where as its optional on vxi and cng

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks