Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 16:38   #1981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post

Please don't forget that car bookings come down in Dec, because many people would like their car with the '2014' tag as it would (perhaps) mean a little better resale value. Hence I wouldn't read too much into the Dec numbers.
Agreed. I should have mentioned that I am taking the sales of dzire into consideration which was sold in higher numbers as compared to November.
Old 10th January 2014, 17:48   #1982
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The GM of the local dealership has got involved, and he is trying to sort out the mess. He has involved corporate Honda as well. So let us see. Obviously I cannot get the car from Kolkata but the information will help. I will get the GM on the hooter.

No responses to the query regarding changes in the end 2013 and January 2014 versions!
Is your dealer saying only the VXAT is not being shipped this month? My dealer confirmed that my S variant has been shipped from the factory this week and I will be getting it next week. I am meeting them tomorrow so will check if there are any changes in the spec but I did see earlier on in the forum that the petrol Amaze prices have gone up by 4000/-
Old 10th January 2014, 18:49   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Please don't forget that car bookings come down in Dec, because many people would like their car with the '2014' tag...I wouldn't read too much into the Dec numbers....

..."Having a portfolio with market duds"?!? Really? In my personal opinion, that's the last thing Honda would have on their minds, with the very successful Amaze (in spite of whatever it's detractors are saying), a well received City (another blockbuster, especially now that it has a diesel too, with the much loved and respected i-VTEC), and a slew of launches in the year (new Jazz, new Mobilio, etc.).
Very successful, maybe, I dunno - I just observed something. I'm honestly no Amaze 'Detractor', infact I'd booked it initially but then the waiting periods went berserk.

I compared Honda with Ford because in the last 6 months, Ford has hiked EcoSports' price by almost 1 lakh, and to me it didn't look like Honda could do the same thing and retain its value proposition amongst its competitors, and in that scenario Honda *could* find themselves with a market dud.

P.S. : If you want to correct someone, go ahead, but don't jump the gun and right away ridicule what someone observes. Even I could ridicule your "Very successful Amaze" comment by simply asking why the waiting periods are 0 even though the production is limited. 'Very Successful', is not what you call Amaze but what you call the EcoSport, for which there are waiting periods of 4-5months even though they're producing more cars than Honda.

Peace Out.
Old 10th January 2014, 20:13   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Very successful, maybe, I dunno - I just observed something. I'm honestly no Amaze 'Detractor', infact I'd booked it initially but then the waiting periods went berserk.

I compared Honda with Ford because in the last 6 months, Ford has hiked EcoSports' price by almost 1 lakh, and to me it didn't look like Honda could do the same thing and retain its value proposition amongst its competitors, and in that scenario Honda *could* find themselves with a market dud.

P.S. : If you want to correct someone, go ahead, but don't jump the gun and right away ridicule what someone observes. Even I could ridicule your "Very successful Amaze" comment by simply asking why the waiting periods are 0 even though the production is limited. 'Very Successful', is not what you call Amaze but what you call the EcoSport, for which there are waiting periods of 4-5months even though they're producing more cars than Honda.

Peace Out.
Oops, looks like I ruffled a few feathers there! Wholly unintentional, my friend!

I had been to the dealership just a day back and the sales guys were grinning from ear to ear. The mood was certainly very upbeat. I also agree that price increases now would be unwise (and I would not expect Honda to do so), especially given that more competition is around the corner in the form of other compact sedans like the grand i10 sedan and others.

As for the waiting periods, I am not sure if the waiting periods are consistent across different regions. I can certainly check at the dealership and update.

Cheers
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 02:35   #1985
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Is your dealer saying only the VXAT is not being shipped this month? My dealer confirmed that my S variant has been shipped from the factory this week and I will be getting it next week. I am meeting them tomorrow so will check if there are any changes in the spec but I did see earlier on in the forum that the petrol Amaze prices have gone up by 4000/-
My booking was done in October for January delivery. It seems that Honda are only scheduling silver for this month. Still waiting for the feeedback. Thanks for the pricing info. I was expecting it.
Old 11th January 2014, 21:03   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
My booking was done in October for January delivery. It seems that Honda are only scheduling silver for this month. Still waiting for the feeedback. Thanks for the pricing info. I was expecting it.
I booked a blue one though manual transmission. I guess the ATs are getting delayed - I forgot to check this when I was in the showroom today. I also happened to notice that their stock yard (quite close to my house) which was quite empty a couple of days back was full of Amazes. I noticed almost all colours (definitely blues, red and the titaniums) so I am not sure why your dealer said only silver is being manufactured this month.
BTW, I noticed that all variants (both petrol & diesel) have a flat 4K increase in ex-showroom price and the sales person confirmed there were no additional features.

Last edited by hsejars : 11th January 2014 at 21:06.
Old 11th January 2014, 21:33   #1987
Team-BHP Support

I would have added one to the December sales. Almost decided on the amaze AT for parents and went to the showroom to have a closer look. It was just perfect for our requirements, atleast on paper, however- the experience was extremely disappointing.

We had checked out Hyundai Grand i10 AT (Ruled out due to lack of safety features) and Polo GT TSi (Showroom guys not sure about taking bookings because of the very high waiting period) before going to the Honda showroom. The Honda seemed way cheaper in terms of quality levels. Everything from paint finish to dashboard to materials shouted poor quality, and parents dismissed it without even a TD. I understand its a budget compact sedan- but I think Honda slightly missed the thin line between budget/poor here.

We have decided to wait a bit for another Honda- the Jazz.
Old 15th January 2014, 17:12   #1988
Team-BHP Support

Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL) has introduced a new SX variant of its Amaze sedan. Priced at Rs. 6,22,640 for the petrol and Rs. 7,12,240 for the diesel, the SX is placed between the S and the VX variants.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 17:56   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL) has introduced a new SX variant of its Amaze sedan. Priced at Rs. 6,22,640 for the petrol and Rs. 7,12,240 for the diesel, the SX is placed between the S and the VX variants.

Nice move, people have been missing out safety features on S variant but i'm still skeptical on how many will shell out more for airbags.
Old 15th January 2014, 19:24   #1990
BHPian

Quote:

This was just what I was looking for when I booked the Amaze - an 'S' variant with the safety features! I wish they had this variant then!
Old 15th January 2014, 21:00   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
We have decided to wait a bit for another Honda- the Jazz.
Maruti is coming up with an automated manual transmission vehicle which will be released on the Delhi Auto expo - http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-celer...-12101698.html

You might want to wait for that as well.
Old 15th January 2014, 21:00   #1992
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I would have added one to the December sales. Almost decided on the amaze AT for parents and went to the showroom to have a closer look. It was just perfect for our requirements, atleast on paper, however- the experience was extremely disappointing. We had checked out Hyundai Grand i10 AT (Ruled out due to lack of safety features) and Polo GT TSi (Showroom guys not sure about taking bookings because of the very high waiting period) before going to the Honda showroom. The Honda seemed way cheaper in terms of quality levels. Everything from paint finish to dashboard to materials shouted poor quality, and parents dismissed it without even a TD. I understand its a budget compact sedan- but I think Honda slightly missed the thin line between budget/poor here. We have decided to wait a bit for another Honda- the Jazz.

Consider the I20 Asta instead!
Old 16th January 2014, 10:44   #1993
BHPian

Quote:

This is great news!! I had booked the VX petrol solely for the safety features even though I felt it wasn't as VFM as the S, but I can now switch to the SX variant. Thanks Honda!
Old 16th January 2014, 14:04   #1994
BHPian

HI,

I own an april 2013 diesel EMT model. Gear shifts were not smooth to start with, but now it has become worse.

1st gear sometimes refuses to slot. Service advisor is saying there are many complaints for hard gear shifts.

Is this is the case? Anybody has got any info on this.

~shashant
Old 16th January 2014, 14:28   #1995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
HI,

I own an april 2013 diesel EMT model. Gear shifts were not smooth to start with, but now it has become worse.

1st gear sometimes refuses to slot. Service advisor is saying there are many complaints for hard gear shifts.

Is this is the case? Anybody has got any info on this.

~shashant
The gearshift will fully free up only after 15k km. It takes its time. If the problem is bothering you too much, you can get temporary relief by asking the service guys to lubricate the fork.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks