Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2017, 12:09   #2791
a2k
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Hello everyone. Just saw this news our homepage - http://www.team-bhp.com/news/rumour-...-india-q3-2017

It makes much more sense now. They are not offering discounts anymore as they genuinely have no stock left.
The new model which will come in July will definitely be more expensive with no discounts. So have dropped the idea of buying the Octavia now. Maybe sometime in the future

Also, if its not the Octavia & Jetta, spending north of 20L does not seem worth to us. So we have decided to finalise the Ciaz.

Thank You all for your suggestions and feedback.
Stocks are available in the Ambition Plus Model but not on the Style Plus. Also keep trying as manufacturing has not totally stopped just slowed down.
a2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 12:44   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
Stocks are available in the Ambition Plus Model but not on the Style Plus. Also keep trying as manufacturing has not totally stopped just slowed down.
In Bangalore, they are saying only top end AT is available with both dealers. Who has told you about the Ambition Plus? Please let me know so that I can contact him.
Old 15th April 2017, 13:18   #2793
a2k
BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore, they are saying only top end AT is available with both dealers. Who has told you about the Ambition Plus? Please let me know so that I can contact him.
The Chennai dealer Gurudev motors. It is the 2106 Stock. How it works is if the dealer has already invoiced it to themselves then it cannot be allocated to your dealer as they will not see stock in factory in the computer system. There was also a red available in Style Plus variant. Are you looking at 2106 stock or 2017 stock?
a2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 16:21   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer in Bangalore? I am told that there is no Style Plus TSI is available :/ Just when i finalised and planned to go ahead with the buy.
Old 16th April 2017, 09:37   #2795
a2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Which dealer in Bangalore? I am told that there is no Style Plus TSI is available :/ Just when i finalised and planned to go ahead with the buy.
As of last evening there are 2 Style Plus 2016 in the factory One in race blue and one in red. The race blue was booked by 1 dealer. hence only red available now. This is what my SA told me.
Old 16th April 2017, 16:48   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
The Chennai dealer Gurudev motors. It is the 2106 Stock. How it works is if the dealer has already invoiced it to themselves then it cannot be allocated to your dealer as they will not see stock in factory in the computer system. There was also a red available in Style Plus variant. Are you looking at 2106 stock or 2017 stock?
I am okay with the 2016 model but as you said, can't get the Ambition Plus here in Bangalore.

Quote:
The one on St. Marks Road said that they had both the top ends - Petrol & Diesel in stock. Do check with them once. Also, my cousin in Hyderabad just got the Onyx petrol yesterday so do check for that also
Old 16th April 2017, 18:43   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
I am okay with the 2016 model but as you said, can't get the Ambition Plus here in Bangalore.
I have been in Talks with Tafe for the past three days, They Tell me that they only have Ambition Plus TSI model (VIN 16& 17)

Quote:
The one on St. Marks Road said that they had both the top ends - Petrol & Diesel in stock. Do check with them once. Also, my cousin in Hyderabad just got the Onyx petrol yesterday so do check for that also
I have called all three Showrooms and i got the same Reply. Style Plus available only in Diesel while Petrol stock is not available and i am being pushed to place a Booking for the new model . It'd be of great help if you can PM me the details of Your SA. Ready to Buy the vehicle on the next 3-4 days, If They give me a Positive reply on the Stock situation.

Meanwhile , Hyderabad Showroom is offering a Onyx Edition at the Price of a Style Plus.
Old 17th April 2017, 11:03   #2798

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
The battery dying out issue for the second time. The first time it happened it was covered under warranty and replaced FOC......
sir we've checked its the battery at fault and we won't change it in warranty now since the time period is over. He goes on to say that sir i would suggest you to get a battery installed outside as the warranty on the battery through skoda is only of a year and the battery also costs around 10k if i get it changed by them.
Last month I had a similar problem with my car battery dying a little over 1 year after free replacement under warranty. Since the service center/dealership in Mysore is closed, I did not want to go through the hassle of taking my vehicle to the nearest one in Bangalore 120 kms away, especially since I wasn't even sure they will do a free replacement this time. I just replaced the battery at a local battery shop with a Amaron 66 AH one. Seeing your experience now, I am gad I did not take it back to Skoda. It looks like the failing batteries is a recurring problem with this car.
worldtravelbug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:24   #2799

I just found out that the chrome piping around the AC vents is just a thin foil on plastic! It had peeled off on one of the corners in my car, and before I could stick it back into place my daughter pulled it off. Has this happened to anyone else?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-foil.jpg  

Old 17th April 2017, 11:37   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried contacting Dealers in other Cities of Karnataka (Hubli/Mangalore/Mysore) ?

They may have a few stocks left. Smaller cities means more chance of availability. You should be able to get one with discounts too.
Old 17th April 2017, 12:49   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
I have been in Talks with Tafe for the past three days, They Tell me that they only have Ambition Plus TSI model (VIN 16& 17)

I have called all three Showrooms and i got the same Reply. Style Plus available only in Diesel while Petrol stock is not available and i am being pushed to place a Booking for the new model . It'd be of great help if you can PM me the details of Your SA. Ready to Buy the vehicle on the next 3-4 days, If They give me a Positive reply on the Stock situation.

Meanwhile , Hyderabad Showroom is offering a Onyx Edition at the Price of a Style Plus.
I was looking at Diesel only. Hence, I said Ambition Plus was not available. Sure, will check with my dad and PM you the details by evening You can also considering buying it from Hyderabad and getting it registered here. Also, the BLR-HYD Expressway is crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Have you tried contacting Dealers in other Cities of Karnataka (Hubli/Mangalore/Mysore) ?

They may have a few stocks left. Smaller cities means more chance of availability. You should be able to get one with discounts too.
I actually didn't think of that but we have already finalised the Ciaz
Old 17th April 2017, 14:25   #2802
a2k
BHPian

Quote:
I was looking at Diesel only. Hence, I said Ambition Plus was not available. Sure, will check with my dad and PM you the details by evening You can also considering buying it from Hyderabad and getting it registered here. Also, the BLR-HYD Expressway is crazy

I actually didn't think of that but we have already finalised the Ciaz
I am not sure how you could do that. Don't you have to double pay the entry tax as the dealer would have paid the Hyderabad tax and it is very laborious to get a refund.
Old 17th April 2017, 16:17   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure how you could do that. Don't you have to double pay the entry tax as the dealer would have paid the Hyderabad tax and it is very laborious to get a refund.
I am not 100% sure but I was under the impression that the state taxes are paid at the time of registration of the car. I don't think the tax is paid to the state government before registration. But then again, I'm not too sure. I think that we can do this because we see so many people buying cars from dealers in Bangalore and registering them in Pondicherry to save tax
Old 17th April 2017, 17:12   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I am not 100% sure but I was under the impression that the state taxes are paid at the time of registration of the car. I don't think the tax is paid to the state government before registration. But then again, I'm not too sure. I think that we can do this because we see so many people buying cars from dealers in Bangalore and registering them in Pondicherry to save tax
The vehicle's ex-showroom price, for a particular city, is inclusive of the tax (in the form of VAT to the respective state). So you are paying for the same at the point of sale and it doesn't matter where the car will be registered later at. The road tax (LTT for 15 years) is paid to the state/UT where your vehicle will be registered, and of course, the rates of road tax varies between the states.

There are many vehicle brands which don't have dealerships in all the states. So the VAT component of ex-showroom price of the car is paid at the point of sale (so applicable rates as per location of the dealership) and the vehicle is already invoiced to you. With the same you can already apply for the insurance of the vehicle and even get a temporary permit/registration for your vehicle which would make it road legal. You are then not liable to pay any entry taxes when such a vehicle is transported to the home state for its registration. The road tax needs to be paid only when you apply for registration (which is time bound). So you could have a vehicle invoiced to you in KA (VAT paid to KA), have it registered in KL (road tax paid to KL RTO as per invoice value).

However, there are normally strict agreements between dealers of a manufacturer regarding sale beyond respective territories (could be a city or a whole state itself) which prevent such sales officially, i.e a Hyderabad dealer invoicing a vehicle to an address in Bangalore. Since these agreements are within dealership networks, and not a legally bound limitation for a customer, with the dealer willing, you can pick up the vehicle from another state.
avinash_clt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 17:19   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
So you could have a vehicle invoiced to you in KA (VAT paid to KA), have it registered in KL (road tax paid to KL RTO as per invoice value).
Thanks a lot for the info

Quote:
I think you can consider this option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks