Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2014, 02:52   #211
BHPian

Took this picture at the stock-yard.
Thanks lot guys for sharing your valuable thoughts, that helped a lot.
Will update more with ownership experience as the car comes home this week.The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1398633711.596961.jpg
jaswant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 14:01   #212
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswant View Post
Finally friends the car is here.
Had some spare time so paid visit to the yard to have a look.
after quiet a turbulent four weeks i didn't expect its gonna happen just so quickly.
Hey Jaswant Congratulations on the buy! I didn't expect so much had happened on this post after I last posted my review. Wow you went through quite some experience. Well if you remember, even I had paid a visit to Fiat Caffe but they were quoting 10K more than Pandit and I had a decent experience with them before so decided to move with them. Anyways all is well that ends well.

Wish you many amazing miles in your new buy!!
Old 28th April 2014, 21:56   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Hey Jaswant Congratulations on the buy! I didn't expect so much had happened on this post after I last posted my review. Wow you went through quite some experience. Well if you remember, even I had paid a visit to Fiat Caffe but they were quoting 10K more than Pandit and I had a decent experience with them before so decided to move with them. Anyways all is well that ends well.

Wish you many amazing miles in your new buy!!
Thanks for the wishes. Missed u all this month in wait looking to know how could u get the car so quickly.
But then I talked to Pandit Auto, said after yours even they aren't getting this color anytime soon. So had to go through all this.
Old 29th April 2014, 09:27   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took this picture at the stock-yard.
Thanks lot guys for sharing your valuable thoughts, that helped a lot.
Will update more with ownership experience as the car comes home this week.Attachment 1235237
Congratulations on your TJet I suppose the TJet variants comes with the Boot Spoilers. Is it retrofitted at the dealer or it comes from the factory itself?
Old 29th April 2014, 15:14   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your TJet I suppose the TJet variants comes with the Boot Spoilers. Is it retrofitted at the dealer or it comes from the factory itself?
Thanks Man, there isn't any spoiler on the car coming from the factory.
did enquire with deal after your post and he said Tjet doesn't come with a spoiler. Quoted approximately 10k for this , isn't it too much?.

But wife likes the looks more without it so will give it a pass.
Any other fiat accessory which might be useful especially for the interior to enhance the look/feel or convenience for that matter, if u guys can suggest?
Old 29th April 2014, 16:54   #216
BHPian

Quote:

Any other fiat accessory which might be useful especially for the interior to enhance the look/feel or convenience for that matter, if u guys can suggest?
Hey Jaswant! Please congratulate your wife for her discerning taste in cars!
Including for her indifference to the spoiler.

Is your dealer offering ambient lighting (footwell and doorsill) accessories? You guys might want to consider those, if available.

Cheers (or, ciao)!
Old 29th April 2014, 18:43   #217
BHPian

Congratulations Jaswant! The whole script was like a bollywood movie with a happy ending. Lol!

Gives me enough confidence to go ahead as I have my sights on the tjet too.

Wish you and your wife a long hassle free ownership. :-)
Old 29th April 2014, 21:36   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

The OEM factory fit spoiler

Attachment 1214756
Quote:
did enquire with deal after your post and he said Tjet doesn't come with a spoiler. Quoted approximately 10k for this , isn't it too much?.

If you check the first page of the thread (quoted herewith), he has mentioned that it comes factory fitted. It was mentioned even in the auto expo thread. Please do follow it up with your dealer and do not be taken for a ride. Even in case you dont need it, you can pass it on to someone who would want it
Old 29th April 2014, 21:54   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to clear the air about the spoiler, door sill and the foot well lights; I reached out to the Fiat guys and they have confirmed that they are not standard equipment on the emotion variant. These were put on the car to add to the bling factor at the auto expo.

PS: All these accessories are available at the dealership. However one is entitled to negotiate these as freebies 😉
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 22:06   #220
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion,
This looks a must for me. Will definitely enquire with the dealer, hope the colour of the lights are to the taste of the ''owner''

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Is your dealer offering ambient lighting (footwell and doorsill) accessories? You guys might want to consider those, if available.

Cheers (or, ciao)!
Go for it eyes closed. Today had a pretty open discussion with the manager of the dealership and the Area Manager about how the delay happened and all. They pretty much convinced me that it was just a matter of this month, deliveries have started to take place smoothly now.

They also gave a small compensation of 5k for the delay though i have expected it to be more. But i already had a good deal so all in all thats ok.
Gesture in itself is sufficient sometimes.

Do push your dealer for some discount. You will get it.

Just make sure you dont pay the full amount before you see your Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Congratulations Jaswant! The whole script was like a bollywood movie with a happy ending. Lol!

Gives me enough confidence to go ahead as I have my sights on the tjet too.

Wish you and your wife a long hassle free ownership. :-)
Thanks for pointing out the part of the review i missed out on.
Will find out about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
If you check the first page of the thread (quoted herewith), he has mentioned that it comes factory fitted. It was mentioned even in the auto expo thread. Please do follow it up with your dealer and do not be taken for a ride. Even in case you dont need it, you can pass it on to someone who would want it
Old 30th April 2014, 12:05   #221
Senior - BHPian

The rear spoiler price as per the information present on the Fiat India website itself is 4109/-

Quote:

puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 08:15   #222
BHPian

Quote:
They also gave a small compensation of 5k for the delay though i have expected it to be more. But i already had a good deal so all in all thats ok.
Gesture in itself is sufficient sometimes.

Do push your dealer for some discount. You will get it.
Hi Jaswant,

Congratulations on getting the new Linea and thanks for sharing your experience. I had TD the Tjet and Multijet at Pandit Auto. few days back and was really impressed. Would you mind sharing the OTR price you paid and discounts given by the dealer? I was told that there are no discounts on the new Linea.

P.S. I had decided that I will get the Magnesio Grey color if I decide to go with the Tjet that you too have opted for. The car looks stunning.

-Nikhil
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:38   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Hi Jaswant,

Congratulations on getting the new Linea and thanks for sharing your experience. I had TD the Tjet and Multijet at Pandit Auto. few days back and was really impressed. Would you mind sharing the OTR price you paid and discounts given by the dealer? I was told that there are no discounts on the new Linea.

P.S. I had decided that I will get the Magnesio Grey color if I decide to go with the Tjet that you too have opted for. The car looks stunning.

-Nikhil

I have sent a PM regarding this. Use all ur negotiation skills & you should get some discount I am sure.
All the best.
jaswant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 01:56   #224
BHPian

Hi Friends! The T-jet emotion sunbeam gold is here!

As happy enough current owners of a 1.4 Fire Linea Emotion and a Palio, we are all delighted by the obvious superiority of this new linea along EVERY dimension, including fit-finish, plastic quality, NVH, the big tyres, and of course design, and torque from the t-jet.

I am not manic about the odd niggle, so hopefully we will not be disapointed on that score either.

Thank yous to the Managers at Torque Motors Gurgaon, they did a good job. This dealer is improving steadily, I've noticed.

As for the future ownership experience: let's see, I am not worried!
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 19:16   #225
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Desdemona! Please post some pics & your initial impressions on a new thread...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks