Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 13:50   #241
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Slightly differ here. There is no doubt the Orange lighting looks good, however, just to distinguish Linea Facelift from older version, wish they had changed the color to something newer and more interesting (blue or green).

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Hi guys, here again with another couple of satisfying notes on the new Linea.
And then of course the reddish-orange backlighting and the new ambient band of light on the passenger side of the dash imbues the cabin with a sense of visual warmth, if that makes sense. Not heat, or brightness or garishness. Beautiful.

C u guys!
Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 17:32   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Slightly differ here. There is no doubt the Orange lighting looks good, however, just to distinguish Linea Facelift from older version, wish they had changed the color to something newer and more interesting (blue or green).
Hi. If you'd suggested white-on-black a la the d-segment-and-above German marques, I might have agreed. Still, this colour is beautiful because legibility is excellent, and there is not even a hint of the garish, the tacky a la Hyundai and Honda. It is a warm, deep, soothing colour. I never even much liked the civic's white on blue.

Not that such matters matter that much, for any car let alone the t-jet!

Cheers, and I am sure you're still enjoying the evergreen company of your Linea!
Old 16th May 2014, 15:54   #243
BHPian

Hi Guys.

Another New Linea T-jet on Delhi-Gurgaon roads: our new-ish neighbours, two houses down, have gotten themselves one too. I believe they've lived in the US or Europe for the last several years: that might have something to do with their choice. I had nothing to do with their decision, though i am known to be wholehearted in recommending Fiats! They got it from the same dealer in Gurgaon as I did. When I get the chance I'll quiz them about their experience.

Cheers
Old 19th May 2014, 12:27   #244
BHPian

All,
Last saturday I visited Ramkay Fiat,Velachery to Test Drive/Have a look on New Linea T-Jet. The on-display Multijet, as we all know, is not equipped with rear spoiler but the T-Jet is. However, the Sales Team simply denied there was ever a Company Fitted Rear Spoiler on the New Linea T-Jet. I cross checked on this thread and more than one picture shows rear spoiler present. Could someone please clarify my doubt whether just the test car had a rear spoiler, or off late Linea's are not coming with the same?

Other points:
In general, the behaviour was nice, and staff was friendly.
Salesperson was well informed about the product.
Car looks much elegant in flesh.
Post discount, T-Jet costs close to a Million. To sweeten the deal they have exchange/corp. bonus too!

Personally, I felt if this car were a Maruti/Hyundai, it would have been a runaway success.

Regards,
Zinda
Zinda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 13:47   #245
Senior - BHPian

The sales team is correct. Neither the TJet+ nor the TJet ever came with a spoiler, it's always been a bought out accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
However, the Sales Team simply denied there was ever a Company Fitted Rear Spoiler on the New Linea T-Jet.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 14:55   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Just to clear the air about the spoiler, door sill and the foot well lights; I reached out to the Fiat guys and they have confirmed that they are not standard equipment on the emotion variant. These were put on the car to add to the bling factor at the auto expo.

PS: All these accessories are available at the dealership. However one is entitled to negotiate these as freebies 😉
Quote:
All,
Last saturday I visited Ramkay Fiat,Velachery to Test Drive/Have a look on New Linea T-Jet. The on-display Multijet, as we all know, is not equipped with rear spoiler but the T-Jet is. However, the Sales Team simply denied there was ever a Company Fitted Rear Spoiler on the New Linea T-Jet. I cross checked on this thread and more than one picture shows rear spoiler present. Could someone please clarify my doubt whether just the test car had a rear spoiler, or off late Linea's are not coming with the same?

Other points:
Post discount, T-Jet costs close to a Million. To sweeten the deal they have exchange/corp. bonus too!

Personally, I felt if this car were a Maruti/Hyundai, it would have been a runaway success.

Regards,
Zinda

It has already been cleared/ clarified by NKrishna himself, if only you had gone through the posts carefully.
Old 19th May 2014, 23:42   #247
BHPian

Quote:
All,
Last saturday I visited Ramkay Fiat,Velachery to Test Drive/Have a look on New Linea T-Jet.
Other points:

Go for it man: it is a rare car under say 15-17lakhs that looks and feels as good as it drives. Have been thoroughly impressed by our new t-jet (emotion, sunbeam gold), and that is as an old Fiat customer.

Though my dealer was adequate, most of the dealers in the South and Mumbai/Pune sound, if reports like yours are to be believed, much better. But improvements are visible.
Old 24th May 2014, 00:21   #248
BHPian

Hi. A couple more comparative observations on the new Linea relative to my 2010 one.

The speakers and head unit are clearly much better: better range, better fidelity, better bass. But still below the level that 'audiophiles in cars' might want, ideally. I prefer to keep the volume very low, so all these audiophilic possibilities are lost on me, at least when I am driving.

The fit and finish on the inside, and the tight, well-aligned panels at least on the piece we've bought, are better than our early, 2009/10 version of the Linea. I believe these improvements had already been made in the last 2-3 years, but we are all impressed by even the visible, overt high-quality (also of the paintwork) on the 2014 new Linea, inside and out.

So far: NONE of the much-commented upon over the last few years on team-bhp, Linea 'niggles', a couple of which we did suffer on our 2010 Linea. Early days, but good job Fiat India, I'd say!

Cheers

Last edited by desdemona : 24th May 2014 at 00:23.
Old 24th May 2014, 08:38   #249
Senior - BHPian

Desdemona & others who bought the new Linea, have you used the Cruise control anytime?
Do you think it is useful on our highways?
Old 24th May 2014, 11:33   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Desdemona & others who bought the new Linea, have you used the Cruise control anytime?
Do you think it is useful on our highways?

I did use it last week on pune-Mumbai express way. Found it extremely useful partly because traffic was pretty low. But still it was very easy to use so should be equally good on moderate traffic, car gives nice & quick acceleration the moment you disengage it which is good in unexpected interruptions.

I found the rear seat arm rest on doors little uncomfortable. It is the incorrect height or something with the angle. Had not used pre facelift version so don't know how it was there.
Other than this car is an all round performer no doubt.
And yes congrats desdemona for getting the car timely. Wish you many happy miles.
jaswant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 17:23   #251
BHPian

Hi Jaswant!

How jealous I am of you: here I am stuck in the Delhi-Gurgaon traffic mire, while you've already tested out the T-jet on the legendary Mumbai-Pune expressway!

Do post your observations about build quality, fit-finish, FASS etc regularly.

cheers

Last edited by desdemona : 24th May 2014 at 17:24. Reason: grammar
Old 24th May 2014, 18:11   #252
Senior - BHPian

I do not think this thread is going anywhere unless you guys do not post pictures of your new steeds. Come on!
extreme_torque is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 23:50   #253
Senior - BHPian

I think we have the 2014 Lineas being purchased but no new ownership threads yet.

Why? Come on, owners. Let us in also on the fun you have.. Please share your experiences in new ownership threads.
Old 25th May 2014, 01:09   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I think we have the 2014 Lineas being purchased but no new ownership threads yet.

Why? Come on, owners. Let us in also on the fun you have.. Please share your experiences in new ownership threads.
Unfortunately I am capable only of thinking in little fragments: an observation here, a delight or grouse there. A full thorough ownership, pics and all, thread would be too much to expect of lazy me! Apologies. The t-jet pioneers (kartikk, puchoo, biraj et al) have made such a new thread redundant!

Moreover, this car is as mass-produced, standardised as any, so I doubt a full-fledged on-going review will add much to its well-deserved legend. I will post comments, negative as much as positive, as relevant new things crop up?

Obviously: queries and doubts are welcome!
Old 25th May 2014, 21:12   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Unfortunately I am capable only of thinking in little fragments: an observation here, a delight or grouse there. A full thorough ownership, pics and all, thread would be too much to expect of lazy me! Apologies. The t-jet pioneers (kartikk, puchoo, biraj et al) have made such a new thread redundant!

Moreover, this car is as mass-produced, standardised as any, so I doubt a full-fledged on-going review will add much to its well-deserved legend. I will post comments, negative as much as positive, as relevant new things crop up?

Obviously: queries and doubts are welcome!
Hi Desdemona,

Agree the pervious Linea owners have shared a great deal. But you own the new refreshed design model so we'll be eager to see more photos of the car and also know more about the running ownership experience. The car looks beautiful so please allow a feast to our eyes..

You could also keep updating on mileage, service expenses and other running cost, experiences of where you take the car (specifically any holidays and such).. Also about the quality of the music system, etc.

Well, I'm lazy as well but please do understand our enthusiasm and share whatever you can.

Best wishes to your ownership.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks