Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 23:15   #166
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
It still looks funny if you ask me , irrespective of the design but after a while you get used to it and barely notice it , when i first saw it during the test drive process i was quite stunned especially when we got back to the showroom and parked against an older lines , would have liked it to be lower but then again quite a few members have posted about hitting the belly of the car and increased GC being needed
My 2010 linea would often scrape its belly (which is very different to bottoming out of course!). It has good underbody protection but it was always unnerving to hear metal hit speed breaker top. So i got the new shocker set. The ride's somewhat firmer, the handling's intact but the potholed, 'speed-broken' drive is stressfree now. So yes, it was a needed trade-off.
Old 8th April 2014, 23:50   #167
BHPian

Any owners of the new linea here already? Please do post sales and initial ownership reports soon. Am speaking as both a current linea owner and a potential new one too (moving from the 1.4 Fire to the T-jet is a no-brainer as the Americans say, no? And the new dashboard design is groovy, subtle, resonant!)

I am disappointed, though, in the absence of an Absolute edition above the Emotion with say a panoramic sunroof and/or a touchscreen. The median car buyer in India loves gadgets and features, after all.

Fiat should also at some point soon bring the magnetti marelli 'dualogic' AMT, once the technology gains more acceptance thanks to Maruti and Tata.
Old 9th April 2014, 23:17   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Any owners of the new linea here already? Please do post sales and initial ownership reports soon. Am speaking as both a current linea owner and a potential new one too (moving from the 1.4 Fire to the T-jet is a no-brainer as the Americans say, no? And the new dashboard design is groovy, subtle, resonant!)

I am disappointed, though, in the absence of an Absolute edition above the Emotion with say a panoramic sunroof and/or a touchscreen. The median car buyer in India loves gadgets and features, after all.

Fiat should also at some point soon bring the magnetti marelli 'dualogic' AMT, once the technology gains more acceptance thanks to Maruti and Tata.
Well Here in Pune i am having pretty tough time with the sales part as of now.
Booked the Tjet Emotion on 20th March, dealer promised delivery on 31st, he skipped that date and gave a new one of 7th & couldn't get the car on this day also with new date of 17th he come up with.
And the saddest part is that he got me tricked to pay the full amount on 29th with a promise to deliver the car on 31st. Now there lies the full payment with him and he keeps postponing the date.
what you guys think i should do?
On the other hand Ashwin went for the other dealer and got his delivery on time.
Old 10th April 2014, 05:18   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswant View Post
Booked the Tjet Emotion on 20th March, dealer promised delivery on 31st, he skipped that date and gave a new one of 7th & couldn't get the car on this day also with new date of 17th he come up with.
And the saddest part is that he got me tricked to pay the full amount on 29th with a promise to deliver the car on 31st. Now there lies the full payment with him and he keeps postponing the date.
On the other hand Ashwin went for the other dealer and got his delivery on time.
Hope u get the car soon (which colour?). Dealing with dealers' dealings! But, in any case: shouldn't you alert and hopefully mobilize dhane or mangesh (?) of fiat india?

If it's any consolation we've always paid fully in advance for any car we've bought so far. A small delay is tolerable, maybe. Is it more prudent to only make a small part-payment in advance? Come to think of it that makes sense for small dealers of cars that don't have bookings queued-up by the thousand.

Thanks for the heads up. Will try and ensure nothing similar happens when I take the plunge, soon. Do keep us posted on the progress of your T-jet from Ranjangaon to Pune city (so it can't be because of transit delays, can it?)
Old 10th April 2014, 14:57   #170
Senior - BHPian

Write to fiat , if you have read my review you would remember that i was on the verge of starting to have similar problems as well but then a reply to fiat sorted it out.

Quote:
Old 10th April 2014, 23:19   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Write to fiat , if you have read my review you would remember that i was on the verge of starting to have similar problems as well but then a reply to fiat sorted it out.
Thanks. I went through your review seems like a similar situation here but worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Hope u get the car soon (which colour?). Dealing with dealers' dealings! But, in any case: shouldn't you alert and hopefully mobilize dhane or mangesh (?) of fiat india?

If it's any consolation we've always paid fully in advance for any car we've bought so far. A small delay is tolerable, maybe. Is it more prudent to only make a small part-payment in advance? Come to think of it that makes sense for small dealers of cars that don't have bookings queued-up by the thousand.

Thanks for the heads up. Will try and ensure nothing similar happens when I take the plunge, soon. Do keep us posted on the progress of your T-jet from Ranjangaon to Pune city (so it can't be because of transit delays, can it?)
I have booked the Magnesio Grey Colour. Actually taking full money so much in advance is not justified at all except in cases where dealer gets plenty of bookings like Honda city. They are supposed to buy the car for us let us check the car out and then ask for the money. That actually was my plan also but the dealer cooked some lies and said the car is in the container coming on the way and what not..
As of now he is committing delivery in a Week, in the meantime i am thinking of writing mail to fiat also. Actually more than the delay i am more worried about the way theses guys are telling lies every day. Will share the whole story soon.
These names you mentioned, Who are they? Any email-add i should direct my complain to?
Old 11th April 2014, 10:55   #172
Senior - BHPian

It is , i had not made the complete payment and as a rule of thumb i do not release the complete payment either till the day of delivery or maybe a day earlier, which in turn means that the car has definitely arrived at the stockyard.

Quote:
Thanks. I went through your review seems like a similar situation here but worse.

Old 11th April 2014, 18:27   #173
BHPian

Quote:

I have booked the Magnesio Grey Colour. Actually taking full money so much in advance is not justified at all except in cases where dealer gets plenty of bookings like Honda city. They are supposed to buy the car for us let us check the car out and then ask for the money. That actually was my plan also but the dealer cooked some lies and said the car is in the container coming on the way and what not..
As of now he is committing delivery in a Week, in the meantime i am thinking of writing mail to fiat also. Actually more than the delay i am more worried about the way theses guys are telling lies every day. Will share the whole story soon.
These names you mentioned, Who are they? Any email-add i should direct my complain to?
mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com (the go-to guy at fiat)
pramod.dhane@fiat.com (manager, sales and network development)
desdemona is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 19:33   #174
BHPian

The Dealers in there eagerness to get the cash at the earliest in turn put the reputation of the company at stake... as such i am having a tough time convincing my family , somehow the ladies are over impressed by brand value rather than checking out the quality in person. I have had my eyes on the Linea for quite a long time now....
Old 12th April 2014, 00:16   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
The Dealers in there eagerness to get the cash at the earliest in turn put the reputation of the company at stake... as such i am having a tough time convincing my family , somehow the ladies are over impressed by brand value rather than checking out the quality in person. I have had my eyes on the Linea for quite a long time now....
You sir are not the first to face such an issue!

Make them see, touch, ride in and drive (?) it, and then watch how opinions change.
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 19:09   #176
BHPian

I had just been to Pandit Auto - Pune for a final discussion prior to the giving the booking amount for Tjet emotion. I was surprised to see that the prices have been revised for the April quotation. On enquiry the SA told that there was some mistake at dealer end regarding insurance and it has now been corrected after comm. from Fiat. I could not find myself agreeing to this.

However since I had both March and April quotations, while there was marginal increase in other components, max. increase was with the insurance component. Almost doubled!. Below are the details from both quotations,
March 2014
Ex-Showroom: Rs.903885
Insurance: Rs.18620
OTR:Rs.1020583

April 2014
Ex-Showroom: Rs.902496
Insurance: Rs.35239
OTR:Rs.1035688

Can experts give their valuable opinion / comments on this. How come insurance component got doubled?. How is it calculated?. Is there any recent change in insurance from April 2014.
Old 16th April 2014, 19:48   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
Here's how i tackled this situation-

I, in the below quote refers to my wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Well i am not a 'gear-head' to write my impressions in an automobile site. I judge vehicles according to its internal and external beauty and boot space . With this in mind I had shortlisted figo, fabia and i20. Figo because my friend had one, so i knew about it, i20 because of its interior beauty and Fabia because of its external and internal beauty, boot space and the Skoda emblem which is my second favourite emblem among cars (first is Audi but cant afford now). And that day came when we had to finalize the car and book it. We were on our way to Ford, had a test drive - felt good. We then headed towards Hyundai - felt even more good and dropped Figo. Next journey was to Skoda - saw the car got impressed, we were unlucky to get a test drive that day so booked a test drive for the next day and came back home, which actually paved the way for our Punto. The next day came (which was actually the first day of our Punto) we were on our way to Skoda showroom on the way we saw Fiat showroom. Suddenly my husband (that time he was my fiance) told "why cant we just see Punto" ; I actually got irritated and told OK. Went inside the showroom saw the vehicle - that was the first time i am seeing Punto. Internal beauty was not impressive; but when i shut the door the hard and tough feel it gave impressed me to the maximum and i immediately told - "we will buy this car" and dropped the voyage to Skoda showroom.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 21:11   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
March 2014
Ex-Showroom: Rs.903885
Insurance: Rs.18620
OTR:Rs.1020583

April 2014
Ex-Showroom: Rs.902496
Insurance: Rs.35239
OTR:Rs.1035688
The quote that I have is
Ex showroom Rs.9.01 lakh
Normal insurance Rs. 27,000
Zero Dep insurance Rs. 32,000

I don't know whether there has been drastic change in insurance premium but the latest quote you got is perfectly in order.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 21:47   #179
BHPian

Normally for a 6 lac IDV I paid an insurance premium of around 14 K for a zero dep, hence I really think that it was mistake at the dealer level initially. You can check it yourself with other insurance providers.

I have been dealing with Pandit in Pune for quite sometime now and they are really good and accept their mistakes if any. You can have a word with Nachiket.
Old 16th April 2014, 22:31   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
I had just been to Pandit Auto - Pune for a final discussion prior to the giving the booking amount for Tjet emotion.
===========
How is it calculated?. Is there any recent change in insurance from April 2014.
in last month's quotes they said, half of the insurance was being paid by company(according to them).
That explains the difference, as i guess demand of the car is much more than what they had expected. I am saying so because i already have booking and the dealer is giving me hard time in getting the car.
Did you get any indication of when Pandit Auto can deliver the Car? I am in constant touch with people from Fiat also and they also are not able to give me a Car. And to top it all i also made mistake of paying them almost full amount.
I did get a discount of 25k. I booked the car at Sky Moto, till now no positive feedback from them to give you. I say avoid them and deal with caution even with Pandit Auto. Buying Fiat Car is not turning out to be a smooth process , at least to me. Will Post here once i get The car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks