Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 23:05   #181
BHPian

@jaswant - I found pandit auto pretty decent in my discussions. I have not yet paid anything as I am arranging my finances and not going for any car loan this time. 1 month waiting period is what I have been told. This is for tjet emotion.
Old 17th April 2014, 20:20   #182
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post

However since I had both March and April quotations, while there was marginal increase in other components, max. increase was with the insurance component. Almost doubled!. Below are the details from both quotations,
March 2014
Ex-Showroom: Rs.903885
Insurance: Rs.18620
OTR:Rs.1020583

April 2014
Ex-Showroom: Rs.902496
Insurance: Rs.35239
OTR:Rs.1035688

How come insurance component got doubled?. How is it calculated?. Is there any recent change in insurance from April 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswant View Post
in last month's quotes they said, half of the insurance was being paid by company(according to them).
That explains the difference
There is a small increase in third party component effective 1st April.

If they have withdrawn discounts, negotiate for self insurance from outside, it will definitely be cheaper than dealer's quote.

I paid Rs 12500 on 5.2L IDV for zero depreciation policy from Oriental insurance. In your case it should not be more than 25K.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 23:09   #183
BHPian

Quote:
in last month's quotes they said, half of the insurance was being paid by company(according to them).
That explains the difference, as i guess demand of the car is much more than what they had expected. I am saying so because i already have booking and the dealer is giving me hard time in getting the car.
Did you get any indication of when Pandit Auto can deliver the Car? I am in constant touch with people from Fiat also and they also are not able to give me a Car. And to top it all i also made mistake of paying them almost full amount.
I did get a discount of 25k. I booked the car at Sky Moto, till now no positive feedback from them to give you. I say avoid them and deal with caution even with Pandit Auto. Buying Fiat Car is not turning out to be a smooth process , at least to me. Will Post here once i get The car.
Sorry to know about your experinces with the dealer. Is this some new dealer?. More suprising to know that fiat folks are not able to help you on this. Since you have paid up, diligent follow-up with fiat and dealer looks to be the only alternative. Linea is definitely a great buy but such experiences surely leave a bitter taste.
Old 18th April 2014, 01:22   #184
BHPian

Hey Jaswant! Do post about what seems to be a slightly bizarre knot your new car is stuck in. In any case: all the best.

As an aside: I too have booked a t-jet emotion (sunbeam gold) to replace the Palio. Will get it in ten days (have already checked it out as it's part of the dealer's new stock). Am confident of things. So far.
Old 18th April 2014, 18:28   #185
BHPian

Folks,
Is any of you opting for Linea getting Offers like
1. Exchange bonus.
2. Free insurance etc.

I'm looking to replace our Siena and had a test drive of the new Linea Multijet. Seems under powered for such a big car at less than 2K rpm. Enough has been debated already on this.

Sales guy saying that Old Shaped Linea is also available and has offered
1. Loyalty bonus of 70K
2. Free insurance.

Nothing on new car. T-jet Plus coming to 9.04L on road Pune. New Facelift @ 10.31L. Difference of about 1.26L.

@Kartikk, Is the facelift worth the difference ?

Cheers
MKP
Old 18th April 2014, 19:09   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post

@Kartikk, Is the facelift worth the difference ?
IF I can jump in! The old looks amount to an ageless Italian classic. But the interiors while well designed in parts are dated, they lack the sheer style, quality and grooviness of the new one.

The way I see it: the T-jet is the best manual petrol car this side of 15 lakhs +. In which case, paying a lakh more for the new one still leaves you richer by many lakhs relative to the utter value of the best sort the t-jet offers. Go for it, I say! (I already have)
Old 18th April 2014, 19:18   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
In which case, paying a lakh more for the new one still leaves you richer by many lakhs relative to the utter value of the best sort the t-jet offers. Go for it, I say! (I already have)
My main concern is to get a decent value for my Siena 1.6. Selling it in open market will not have many takers since it is Petrol + 1.6 and last but not the least FIAT.

As you rightly pointed out. The car finally gets the Interiors it really deserved since long time. Over all fit and finish has improved remarkably though I could observe shut lines on the bonnet were inconsistent in the TD car. Checked out the Multijet to get the Look and Feel and I'm impressed with what they have done.
Car looks like a 10L car now.. Would rate interiors of Verna > City >~ Linea. Others are mediocre No Offence Please !!

All said and Done the Loyalty bonus of 70K is too good to resist . Hence evaluating Pros/Cons. Would not worry much about resale as I'm aware that it would be depreciating disaster, but would love to hold on to it as long as possible.

Thanks for chipping in..

P.S: TD was done by SkyMoto. Said 1 month waiting for new Grey Shade. I was . Waiting for them to get the T-Jet. Checked the Multijet to see how the new car looks.

Cheers
MKP

Last edited by mkpiyengar : 18th April 2014 at 19:22. Reason: Added few more points.
Old 18th April 2014, 20:19   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
My main concern is to get a decent value for my Siena 1.6. Selling it in open market will not have many takers since it is Petrol + 1.6 and last but not the least FIAT.

As you rightly pointed out. The car finally gets the Interiors it really deserved since long time. Over all fit and finish has improved remarkably though I could observe shut lines on the bonnet were inconsistent in the TD car. Checked out the Multijet to get the Look and Feel and I'm impressed with what they have done.
Car looks like a 10L car now.. Would rate interiors of Verna > City >~ Linea. Others are mediocre No Offence Please !!

All said and Done the Loyalty bonus of 70K is too good to resist . Hence evaluating Pros/Cons. Would not worry much about resale as I'm aware that it would be depreciating disaster, but would love to hold on to it as long as possible.

Thanks for chipping in..

P.S: TD was done by SkyMoto. Said 1 month waiting for new Grey Shade. I was . Waiting for them to get the T-Jet. Checked the Multijet to see how the new car looks.

Cheers
MKP
Dude, I already have a booking with these guys. They have already skipped three booking dates given one by one. I have shot few mails to fiat people too, but no gain till now.
Today I had pretty heated discussion with the manager but it seems there is acute shortage of the cars.
I got some discount at the time of booking, but 3 days after that the sales guy comes up and asks for xerox of RC of my 45 days old 530d m sport(can you believe that)saying your discount needs to be labeled as exchange bonus.
Now how he thought of logically establishing someone selling 530d and buy a linea is beyond my understanding.
Anyways I suggest be careful in dealing with them and don't pay remaining amount until you see the car in flesh. Because with me they said 2 days prior to their first committed date that the car is on the way to the city of pune so pay the full amount to make us complete the formalities.
And today is 20th day to that "container" which was on the way.
What upsets me is the way they cooked up facts which never really existed. It could be possibly a delay from FIAT side too , but then they shouldn't have kept me telling the car is on the way and all.
Very disappointed with the whole deal so far. I am following up everyday with fiat & dealer to get the car for which I already paid.

Any suggestions are most welcome to get me out of it friends!
Old 20th April 2014, 11:04   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for you inputs.
During our good old FIAT days we used to Contact Mangesh and he use to help us out. Since you've already emailed them I'm assuming you included Mangesh too.

1. I'm far from booking the car, just wanted to get from them what is the best offer. They deferred the TD 3 times to am apprehensive of their inputs already.

2. They told me they have waiting of 1 month already, seems they did not expect his response.

3. How about contacting our bhpian who got the new T-jet in lieu of his 2011 t-jet. You could search his handle.

4. Hope your ordeal ends soon and you enjoy your exciting future drives.

5. I took out my Siena out for a spin yday and it still rocks in terms of suspension comfort, handling etc. For a 12 yr old car feels nothing like it. Not sure the new cars will last that long.

cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 13:25   #190
Senior - BHPian

Cancel your booking and take a full refund.

If you do do that remember, there are no cancellation charges whatsoever. It is just hood winking by the dealers and majority of the customers fall for it.

Quote:
Old 20th April 2014, 14:18   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Cancel your booking and take a full refund.

If you do do that remember, there are no cancellation charges whatsoever. It is just hood winking by the dealers and majority of the customers fall for it.
Thanks Khoj.
You are absolutely right about cancellation charges. I have never paid any cancellation charges in past.
But in this case its really bothering me that they used my money for free for almost one month. I know very well how much interest these guys have to pay to buy cars from the companies.
Now i am determined to take the interest on it as well and most likely i will be denied at first but i am well prepared to take further actions required after that, not going to settle for simple refund after whatever that has happened. Luckily i have people and resources to help me deal with these mina matters.
Old 20th April 2014, 23:18   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Khoj.
.......deal with these mina matters.
Hi Jaswant. Would like to know what the problem is exactly? How come Fiat India was unable to help? Is it just a 'fast' 'sharp' dealer getting crappier because you're pushing them or.....?

cheers, man!
Old 20th April 2014, 23:30   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Hi Jaswant. Would like to know what the problem is exactly? How come Fiat India was unable to help? Is it just a 'fast' 'sharp' dealer getting crappier because you're pushing them or.....?

cheers, man!

Well, the answer from fiat is that the demand for petrol version is much more than what they expected. They had some planned allocation region wise and it turned out that demand from the pune-Mumbai region has shot up beyond that.
So clearly dealer did not act accordingly and went ahead asking for the full payment saying the car is already billed and will be here in a day. So basically they lied to me to get 9 lakhs when they clearly new the car isn't coming.
Initially I didn't suspect that as they kept on saying car is going to come for sure soon.
jaswant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 03:39   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the answer from fiat is that the demand for petrol version is much more than what they expected. They had some planned allocation region wise and it turned out that demand from the pune-Mumbai region has shot up beyond that.
So clearly dealer did not act accordingly and went ahead asking for the full payment saying the car is already billed and will be here in a day. So basically they lied to me to get 9 lakhs when they clearly new the car isn't coming.
Initially I didn't suspect that as they kept on saying car is going to come for sure soon.
Thanks for the headsup Jaswant.

This is just the sort of dealer practice that should soon enough get eliminated once sales pickup as they already are. If the sharpness of practice is not in the dna of such dealers, that is. Fiat will have to work continuously to straighten such new dealers out, which they'll be better able to do when sales rise sufficiently.
Old 21st April 2014, 12:33   #195
BHPian

When my Swift came back after service, the service engineer requested me to give a good score. Even though I told him that the service was satisfactory and that I did not want to spend time filling up and mailing the questionnaire, he was literally pleading with me to fill up the form with a positive feedback. Any bad score seems to have a serious impact on the dealer from Maruti. Fiat must take a leaf out of this book and the scare of the devil must be put in all dealers. Only then can they ensure that proper service is being provided by the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks