Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2016, 18:38   #1471
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

If anyone has got HIDs installed in normal headlamps of Creta & seen improvement, please share your experience. I am definitely looking for an upgrade of the lights.
Old 10th December 2016, 07:24   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
If anyone has got HIDs installed in normal headlamps of Creta & seen improvement, please share your experience. I am definitely looking for an upgrade of the lights.
I am not sure if your variant has headlight level adjuster but if it does, you can keep the setting at the highest level - I think the highest level available is 3.
This level will get the beam more closer to the car thereby increasing the effect of the headlight.
Old 11th December 2016, 13:01   #1473
BHPian

I got 35w HIDs installed on my Creta SX(O). There is a world of difference. Because these are not OEM so I decided to stick to the 35 instead of the 55w. They have a 1 yr warranty. The colour temp is 6000k and the throw is very good. It is much better in terms of throw and intensity compared to a halogen. I will be shifting these to my mom's Creta SX automatic and trying out the 55w, the heat produced by the 55w unit is my only concern.
Also installed the same rear drls for around 2700/- , i know that delhi will be significantly cheaper but too much of a hassle to save 500 bucks.

The car still has yellow halogen cornering lamps - H11B, which spoil the look of the car. Does anyone know where to find H11B halogen bulbs with 6000K colour temperature ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1078.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1079.jpg  

jrchhabra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 15:48   #1474
BHPian

I own a RED CRETA diesal 1.6 SX and would like to upgrade from micro roof antenna to shark fin antenna.
I have noticed that few SX model owners in bangalore has upgraded it from Hyundai dealers (Advaith Hyundai,TRIDENT).
Has anyone here who has performed this upgrade share their feedback in terms of FM signal reception ?
I checked with Advaith and they quoted Rs 3k which includes the Shark fin antenna and painting it Red.

I would like to know the feedback before going for the upgrade
Old 12th December 2016, 02:57   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
I am not sure if your variant has headlight level adjuster but if it does, you can keep the setting at the highest level - I think the highest level available is 3.
This level will get the beam more closer to the car thereby increasing the effect of the headlight.
I have been trying that without much of benefit.
Old 12th December 2016, 08:05   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
I would like to know the feedback before going for the upgrade
eBay lists a shark fin antenna for Creta at Rs 499/-

I have seen lesser quotes too online. Check these out before you take the leap.
Old 12th December 2016, 12:34   #1477
BHPian

There are couple of them available in the online shopping sites.
http://www.amazon.in/RedClub-Passion...=sr_1_3&sr=8-3
But i do not want to take risk of losing money due to poor quality product.
Old 16th December 2016, 14:16   #1478
BHPian

Dear All,
I have been researching since long to opt for an SUV and Creta & XUV5OO are 2 cars which I go head over heals. I will restrict to talking about Creta here especially after driving Hyundai Verna CRDI for last 3 years.
i) How is the seating comfort for 6 feet tall people ? I have found the height adjustment in Verna as waste and somehow always not been very comfortable with a particular steering, seat combination. I feel its lack of under thigh support which keeps my back and shoulders aching. Is it something similar in Creta ?
ii) I keep finding small niggles in my Verna e.g. rear tray rattle, door rattles, dashboard rattle. You can attribute it to Bangalore roads but I wish the quality was good after coming from VW Polo. How is it with Creta ?

iii) I see a lot of features missing e.g. DTE, FE, sliding arm rest, Automatic IRVM etc. Are we expecting any such features in near future ?

iv) How is the rear seat and comfort level, especially under thigh support ? This has had been disaster in Verna and wanted to know more about Creta

Verna overall has been a beauty to drive but the above points have been something which keeps troubling you and hence sharing and asking for feedback on same points in Creta
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 14:59   #1479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
How is the seating comfort for 6 feet tall people ? I have found the height adjustment in Verna as waste and somehow always not been very comfortable with a particular steering, seat combination. I feel its lack of under thigh support which keeps my back and shoulders aching. Is it something similar in Creta ?
I am 6'0" tall and spent all my time in the driver's seat. Despite lack of lower back support, I find the Creta's seats quite comfortable and easy for short journeys (upto 150 kms or thereabouts). Longer distances tend to get a bit tiring, though.

The seat height adjustment in the Creta is a boon. You can find your ideal driving position in no time.

Under-thigh support is satisfactory.

Quote:
I keep finding small niggles in my Verna e.g. rear tray rattle, door rattles, dashboard rattle. You can attribute it to Bangalore roads but I wish the quality was good after coming from VW Polo. How is it with Creta ?
Closing on 17 months and over 9,000 kms with my Lazarus, and I haven't experienced a single rattle yet, touchwood! This, after driving over all sorts of roads, including bad, worst and non-existing.

Quote:
I see a lot of features missing e.g. DTE, FE, sliding arm rest, Automatic IRVM etc. Are we expecting any such features in near future ?
DTE is not a big deal for me since I tend to fill the tank as soon as the fuel bar slides down to the last remaining one.

For FE calculation, the FuelLog App is a wonderful companion. I'd rather have an accurate app for this, rather than a over-zealous FE MID indicator like in the Marutis (we own a Swift too whose MID FE display is usually +1/+1.25 kmpl above actual FE)

Yes, a sliding armrest is sorely missed in the Creta. I have long hands so at times I feel like the fixed armrest is too far back from the gear lever.

I assume you mean Electrochromic (ECM) IRVM. Considering that Hyundai cars from 2 segments below get them, it would be safe to assume that the company might do these additions to the Creta facelift which is due to be launched after the next-gen Verna.

Quote:
How is the rear seat and comfort level, especially under thigh support ? This has had been disaster in Verna and wanted to know more about Creta
Haven't sat/travelled in the rear seat yet, but fellow passengers (both family & friends) have commented that the space is ample and the comfort levels are good. Under-thigh support is decent.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 17:28   #1480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Verna overall has been a beauty to drive but the above points have been something which keeps troubling you and hence sharing and asking for feedback on same points in Creta
This should answer some of your questions.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3769545

As for the rear parcel tray rattle, it's due to the lack of proper cushioning. An easy DIY should solve it completely. Here's a link to that as well.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3845643

I too drive in a very bad stretch in Cochin daily and takes up potholes pretty well. As for mileage, I do not track it but expect around 10-12kmpl in proper city conditions. I managed to squeeze around 21kmpl during my Bangalore run once but an average of 18kmpl is maintained every time I drive to Bangalore.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 18:20   #1481
BHPian

1) Is it just me or are the Creta's brakes really weak? I have a petrol auto and feel that one has to start braking earlier than other cars.

But I've hardly driven an automatic before, so is it an automatic car thing?

2) When braking a little harder than normal, isn't there some amount of nose dive? Not as bad as a Scorpio/Safari/XUV/Fortuner, but still noticeable.

Or then again, is it similar with all high ground clearance cars, because I have properly driven only sedans and hatchbacks before.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th December 2016 at 08:05. Reason: Adding punctuation for better readability
Old 21st December 2016, 10:46   #1482
Distinguished - BHPian

The "made-in-India" Hyundai Creta has emerged as a top contributor to Hyundai Motor's global sales, which has seen a resounding 70.4% growth Y-O-Y for the January 2016 - October 2016 period.

Hyundai sold 2,50,944 cars globally during this period, out of which 1,14,831 Cretas were sold in India (a 235% growth Y-O-Y). That's nearly 46% of all Hyundai cars sold!

Our Team-BHP monthly sales figures show a sum total of 79,541 Cretas sold in the domestic market in the Jan-Oct 2016 period, so 35,290 units were exported from India to Asia, Middle-East, Africa and Latin America.

This, when Hyundai Motor is going through turbulent times in it's parent country Korea, which has resulted in decline in profits. (link)

IAB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st December 2016 at 11:02. Reason: added "made-in-India" tag
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 09:58   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
1) Is it just me or are the Creta's brakes really weak? I have a petrol auto and feel that one has to start braking earlier than other cars.

2) When braking a little harder than normal, isn't there some amount of nose dive? Not as bad as a Scorpio/Safari/XUV/Fortuner, but still noticeable.

Or then again, is it similar with all high ground clearance cars, because I have properly driven only sedans and hatchbacks before.
I have a manual. IMO the creta brakes are quite good.
Infact sometimes I feel that the brakes are so sensitive that someone might just bang the car at the rear.
With an automatic, the car is most of the times engaged in gear and is powering the wheels which is why you may be getting such a feeling.
In any case you should get your issue checked with the service guys to be sure.
And yes there is some amount of nose dive and this is due to the height of the car.
Old 30th December 2016, 06:38   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Hyundai sold 2,50,944 cars globally during this period, out of which 1,14,831 Cretas were sold in India (a 235% growth Y-O-Y). That's nearly 46% of all Hyundai cars sold!

IAB
RavenAvi, this statement is not quite correct. 250944 is just the total global sales of three specific Hyundai SUV models.

The actual IAB article says: "Sources have divulged to The Korea Times that three SUVs have contributed to a 70.4 percent growth in global sales figures, selling 250,944 cars in the January to October period this year as compared to last year’s 147,252 figure.".

By the way, Hyundai's worldwide sales-by-model chart is here:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Corp...del/index.html

Hyundai's 11-month 2016 worldwide sales is about 1478916, and Hyundai India's 11-month 2016 sales is 460480 (from our Nov 2016 car sales figures post).
gadiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 08:57   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post

Well, this is quite subjective. It depends a lot on the cars you have driven previously or drive concurrently.

I moved from a Linea to the Creta SX(O) and was disappointed by the braking performance on the Creta. It felt like a significant step down in braking confidence and took some time to adjust / plan my braking distances in the new car.

Generally, when driving other vehicles, I had Linea's brakes as a benchmark. Then I had an experience with a VW Jetta. And to say the least, I was not prepared for the braking power. It was way better than the Linea.

Every now and then I drive a Vento (D) DSG and I feel the brakes are close to the Linea.

So, relative to the cars that I have driven recently, Yes, the Creta brakes are disappointing.

Most Viewed