Old 4th December 2016, 10:00   #1456
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Am yet to figure out fuel efficiency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
What's the mileage in city and highway you are getting? Waiting for a complete review from your side on the Creta Petrol AT. Was it through CSD?
I have shared some impressions a page or two back. I can help you with any queries or questions which you may have. Car has done close to 1000 kms. It's returning 8.8 km/ltr. This is only city; being driven sedately and almost always with AC. This wasn't through CSD. Was purchased from Safdarjang Hyundai in Gurgaon.

Regards,
Promit
Old 4th December 2016, 10:17   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Well, in the past 1 month, I missed informing the group here that I’ve got the delivery of my MT Diesel Creta, anniversary edition on 5th Nov.
Congratulations on the car.

Does the Anniversary edition come with all black interiors? Or have you got it done?
Old 4th December 2016, 13:41   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
I have shared some impressions a page or two back. I can help you with any queries or questions which you may have. Car has done close to 1000 kms. It's returning 8.8 km/ltr. This is only city; being driven sedately and almost always with AC. This wasn't through CSD. Was purchased from Safdarjang Hyundai in Gurgaon.

Regards,
Promit
The reason why I was asking this was because my dad's planning to take the Creta Petrol through CSD. My only 2 concern were the poor mileage and the absence of SX (O) variant for AT. Why can't hyundai give customers the choice in terms of the variants.

Will surely go through your feedbacks in the past few pages as you have mentioned. Drove the diesel AT and absolutely loved it.
Old 4th December 2016, 15:50   #1459
BHPian

Yes
It's comes with all black interiors
Haven't done any mods as yet
What you see in the pics is all factory fitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Congratulations on the car.

Does the Anniversary edition come with all black interiors? Or have you got it done?
Old 4th December 2016, 16:03   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
@cruzerman - congratulations on your red beauty. It indeed looks stunning with the roof wrap. If it wouldn't have been for the anniversary edition, my choice would have been the red colour with roof wrap.
Thank you, TorkBHP. Initially I thought of going for the anniversary edition. But didn't want to shell out more money. Anniversary edition is definitely worth the extra money you pay.
Quote:
Pls share the cost of bumper lights and roof wrap.
I paid 6k for the roof wrap and another 6k for the bumper brake lights (which I think is a rip off as you can buy it from accessory shops for less than 3k). These two things come with one year dealer's warranty.
Quote:
IFAIK a new goodyear tyre of the same size should cost around 5.5k. Considering that your tyre will be used although sparingly, 4k buy back seems fine.
Thank you for your thoughts on this. I think so, too.
Quote:
Let me know the fix you do for the parcel tray noise, I am facing this problem as well.
I need to fix this soon as I hear this rattle quite often on the potholed roads of Kochi. I guess Senior BHPian naveen.raju has already found a solution for this. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3845643
Cruzerman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 17:28   #1461
BHPian

@cruzerman
6k for roof wrap is a good price. I had heard that it costs much more.
Thanks for pointing the solution by @naveen.raju. While I was at the solution couldn't help notice the pics posted by him. What a place and extremely thoughtful pics. The one where the creta is on an undulating path with greenery in the background is quite nice.
Old 4th December 2016, 18:41   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
My only 2 concern were the poor mileage and the absence of SX (O) variant for AT. Why can't hyundai give customers the choice in terms of the variants.

Will surely go through your feedbacks in the past few pages as you have mentioned. Drove the diesel AT and absolutely loved it.
I agree. Test drove the SX(O) and it was quite a hoot to drive. In our case the price difference between AT petrol and AT diesel was 1.8L on road. The car we were swapping the Creta with ran 6.5-7k kms in a year. Diesel didn't make sense for us in the scenario. You should do the math and see if Diesel makes sense. Else, I was briefly eyeing the City VX CVT too. That is no doubt more fuel efficient, better equipped and slightly cheaper too.

Cheers!
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 19:23   #1463
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats TorkBHP and Cruzerman on your car.

As he pointed out, if the sound is from the rear parcel tray then it's due to the lack of enough padding. After that DIY, I havent heard any sort of rattles. Make sure you go for a pretty thick material. The parcel tray is pretty sharp and heavy.

@cruzerman - The wrap looks neat and pretty reasonable. Seeing those bumper lights in many cars now. Looks at night. Should have gone a little further and clicked pictures at that new walkway .

Have fun guys. Do update your logs here.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 19:41   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
I agree. Test drove the SX(O) and it was quite a hoot to drive. In our case the price difference between AT petrol and AT diesel was 1.8L on road. The car we were swapping the Creta with ran 6.5-7k kms in a year. Diesel didn't make sense for us in the scenario. You should do the math and see if Diesel makes sense. Else, I was briefly eyeing the City VX CVT too. That is no doubt more fuel efficient, better equipped and slightly cheaper too.

Cheers!
Appreciate your positive feedback. Well for us too the running is less than 10k per year, hence we have decided to go with the Petrol AT.
Old 4th December 2016, 20:23   #1465
BHPian

@Naveen.Raju
Just saw your message after coming back from implementing a solution for the tray noise.
The OEM padding is flimsy and thin providing almost no cushion between the tray and the plastic that it rests on.
Here's what I did.
I searched for a soft and thick compound.
Got it in one the boxes in which I had received my portable mobile battery charger.
This was thick enough and soft to serve the purpose of providing a appropriate cushion.
Cut 2 pieces of it for both sides, stuck it on the plastic part (exactly matching the place where the OEM padding rests) with a double sided tape and voila, the noise is gone.
I tested a drop of the tray from the highest level without any sound
I think all creta owners should do this.
Attaching pics
1st pic is the OEM padding. Notice how thin it is.
2nd pic is the cushion I've made
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20161204_194745.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20161204_194820.jpg  

TorkBHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 07:28   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
@cruzerman
6k for roof wrap is a good price. I had heard that it costs much more.
You are right. The 3M wrap is at least 3 times more expensive than what I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats TorkBHP and Cruzerman on your car.

@cruzerman - The wrap looks neat and pretty reasonable. Seeing those bumper lights in many cars now. Looks at night. Should have gone a little further and clicked pictures at that new walkway .

Have fun guys. Do update your logs here.
Thank you, Naveen. At first, I thought of going to the walkway. But lots of people taking their morning stroll there. Didn't want to create a scene there with a red car and a DSLR in hand

By the way, I have seen your white car with the carrier on top a couple of times in P Ngr area

Last edited by Cruzerman : 5th December 2016 at 07:45.
Cruzerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 02:33   #1467
BHPian

In my E+ got normal headlamps (not projector). The performance is quite poor. Can the experts guide me what to do to get better lights.
- Going for a better branded bulbs
- HIDs
- Replacement to projectors (40K expense)

Others having the same model or base, how are you guys managing?
Old 6th December 2016, 09:36   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
In my E+ got normal headlamps (not projector). The performance is quite poor.

I have the non projector headlamps too. But have not been facing any issues.

Is 40K the price for the pair of Projector headlamps from Hyundai? If so that's worth the price. Make sure to ask if the cornering lamps will function too.
Old 6th December 2016, 11:03   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
I have the non projector headlamps too. But have not been facing any issues.

Is 40K the price for the pair of Projector headlamps from Hyundai? If so that's worth the price. Make sure to ask if the cornering lamps will function too.
The major problem is when we want to drive on high beam, I find visibility quite poor. And during nights when there is a car from opposite side with lights on (even in low beam), the visibility is almost lost. My car was driven by 2 of my friends & they also complained about the lights.
Old 8th December 2016, 17:54   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
In my E+ got normal headlamps (not projector). The performance is quite poor. Can the experts guide me what to do to get better lights.
- Going for a better branded bulbs
- HIDs
- Replacement to projectors (40K expense)

Others having the same model or base, how are you guys managing?
I have the non-projector headlamps and also find the light in-adequate. I have installed relay and upgraded bulbs to 100/90 but still negligible improvement. I think the reflector itself is poorly designed.

My headlight power of my previous WagonR with 100/90 bulbs was much better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks