Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 11:51   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Generic rant here but absolutely gobsmacked by the boot space with all three rows!

73 liters on a 15L car is so so sad when you realize that the sub4m and 5L car Renault Triber has 84 liters with all three rows up.
Let us not bring budget into this comparison. But yes the sub-4m MPV has more boot space with all three rows up? But that is a big compromise on the space in the third row seats (and possibly second row too)

The current gen XUV500 has 93L with all three rows in place. So Tata could have done either wafer-thin seat back for third row or pushed the seats forward to achieve a better boot space figure. Or they could have at least given us a sliding last row to let the users decide what they want to compromise on.
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 11:55   #167
BHPian

The street presence has grown up leaps and bounds from the Harrier and in this shade of white looks stately.
https://twitter.com/kushanmitra/stat...372864002?s=20
Attached Thumbnails
Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-eszciqguwac2w1f.jpeg  

Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-eszciqbvkaeplyy.jpeg  

damodar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 12:15   #168
BHPian

Except for that chrome grill, the car looks dope for me. They should have given an all-black or small mesh treatment for the grill instead of this chrome to distinguish it from the Harrier. A small mesh black grill would make Safari look Gansta in a Dark Edition / Calypso Red. I am sure that most of the owners would try to find a solution to get rid of that chrome grill, anyway, the front end looks like a Harrier any day and this chrome doesn't differentiate it much, so it was better not to put it!

If I was in the market for a 7 seater in the 20-30 lakh segment, SAFARI would be my default choice. For some reason or the other, I feel some robustness in TATA cars compared to the M&M, but for sure the XUV 5OO will be a worthy contender in the segment.

TATA should have given the option for tan/brown interiors along with the white. This trend of white leatherette upholstery in SUV is illogical, that's fine for a premium hatch or a sedan that's it!

A car for me should excel in the Engine-Gearbox-Suspension-Handling-Space-Looks department, all other things can be traded for the betterment of this and TATA definitely has a winner on their hands if they price it decently. All the Best!
kamilharis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 12:57   #169
BHPian

Thanks @ram87pune for an excellent scoop.

Some quick inputs from a prospective buyer:

A) Looks: They are subjective, but seeing Harrier, I expect a commanding road presence

B) Talks about maneuverability & 3rd row space are meaningless, as every other vehicle of this size behave more or less same

C) Feature List - Overall decent, but have few observations:

Big misses

360 degree camera: Much needed for a vehicle of this size, when you have to park your vehicle in basement parking of apartments or office. Scratch marks on my neighbor's XUV5OO are testament to this.

Wireless Charger: Utility of this has grown over me. Much needed to ward of menace of re-plugging low battery smartphone again & again.

Rear wiper: Can't stress utilities of these on long tours / drives when you just can't maintain a clean ride.

Black color: Really? Harrier looked majestic in Black, or shall we wait for the launch of dark edition

Puddle lamps?

Strict No:

Light colored interiors, difficult to maintain with so much construction happening in NCR, also won't suit my occasional trips to national park.

Could have been better:

Slightly larger boot space: Will feel more confident with not so visible Laptop bag in NCR

2 tone or more aggressive looking Alloys

Bigger screen size

Soft touch dash, as they had in Manza

ISOFIX mounts in lower variants

Based on the above wish list & my experience as an early Manza customer, I will wait for XUV500 & then make a call by year end?
Aniket Verma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:33   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

After a very long wait, finally got my hands on the all new Safari a few days ago thanks to my sources. So without further ado here's what I thought of the Safari after spending more than a couple of hours with it both in the city and out on the highway.
Dear ram87pune, first of all thank you for your quick review of the Safari. Gave some really good insights about what to expect from the latest iteration of the iconic Safari nameplate. I myself have been a fanboy of the erstwhile Safari since I can remember and even owned the 2014 Storme 4*4 for 3 good years until I had to move out of the country and sell it. Since then, have always been hopeful that there still is a Safari available to buy, when I return, as that would be my default 1st choice.

Though I had my initial apprehensions, like a lot of others, as well with this version but with more and more details becoming available and the hope that it will have an AWD or a 4*4 at some stage, I think this can be a good replacement.

Coming to some specific inputs that I needed, would it be possible for you to confirm with your sources if a towbar plus towball mechanism can be fitted on this. I am specifically interested since there are a few towball mounted accessories like a bicycle carrier that I would want to install on it and so would be keen to know.

I had even tweeted this query to Pratap Bose but did not get a response so thought maybe with your inside sources, you could get me an answer.

thanks,
mz
zadoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:16   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadoom View Post
When I return, as that would be my default 1st choice.
OT: Your TBHP joining date rolls back to Feb-2014 and this looks like your first comment, i.e. after 7 years!

Now I can understand the power and legendary status associated to the brand SAFARI.

Last edited by kamilharis : 28th January 2021 at 17:21.
kamilharis is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:40   #172

Here's some scoop, can't vouch for the veracity of it.

Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-capture.jpg
pelican90 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:58   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
OT: Your TBHP joining date rolls back to Feb-2014 and this looks like your first comment, i.e. after 7 years!

Now I can understand the power and legendary status associated to the brand SAFARI.
Hi Kamil, that was a good catch. Indeed the power of Safari .
I think it was way back in 2007 while trying to research about the Safari DICOR that I came across Team-BHP and got hooked onto it. It was at the time when I finally realised my long cherished dream of owning my Safari that my membership got approved (must add at the 2nd attempt). And now finally it is the Safari again that got me up from my slumber to post something.
Hopefully from now onwards will keep contributing on a regular basis.

Regards,
mz
zadoom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 22:22   #174
BHPian

The theme of the new commercial is focused towards being a family car rather than a go anywhere, office quitting, remedy for Monday blues. So better reclaim family life. But my only doubt is with Harrier being around with similar look, larger boot, identical engine & output at a lesser price tag, how much will it make sense to go for new Safari only next few months will tell.

I hope Tata goes all out starting from aggressive pricing, marketing to well trained sales executives to get maximum out of the market before new gen Scorpio and XUV500 are launched. The old Safari with all its hair-raising TV commercials and 4X4 capacity was still no match to Scorpio sales figures even though ride quality, street presence was much much better than Scorpio. The M&M guys are just smarter in product presentation and look how they have pulled the crowd to a 9 month wait-list for new THAR, a product which still can not be considered as the only vehicle in the family.

In my opinion Tata should have included a 4X4 optional model in the line up of new Safari. Just saying on paper that the platform is very capable of accommodating 4X4 may not help. But a real 4X4 product in the brochure would have made a huge difference in building the perception of the product.

I am just waiting for the models to come for test drive in near by showroom. I must compare it with the ride and comfort of my Hexa.
Mile_Breaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 23:15   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican90 View Post

Attachment 2114731
I don't like sunroofs so, if the price of the XZA is 20.55, the safari will be my next car.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 01:15   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican90 View Post

Attachment 2114731
Some sites are adding 1 lakh to the ex-showroom price of Harrier. Some are adding 1.5 lakh.
The one that you have posted adds 1.5 lakhs. On road including taxes, in this case will cost an extra of around 2 lakhs.

Pricing is going to be important. My guess is it'll be price aggressively, not more than 1 lakh difference with harrier.

If not aggressively priced, many buyers might go for upcoming XUV.
Coming to market before XUV is both good and bad, depends on what pricing decision Tata motors make.

I expect Tata motors management to be not that dumb. Even if some sales moves from Harrier to Safari, it'll still be better than the sales moving to XUV, at least the sales will be in house and they will get time to re-affirm their Safari brand. Its not that difficult to forsee.

We know the product is good. Now price it well.

Last edited by turbo_delight : 29th January 2021 at 01:16.
turbo_delight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 05:38   #177
BHPian

This Car is literally no match for the original Safari. No wonder it's getting bashed all over social media. My Dad owned a Safari Storme and I loved it to bits. This Car looks nothing other than a jacked up Harrier. There is nothing to differentiate it. And the interiors don't look good IMO. Especially the base variant that has been recently spied. The cabin literally looks like a sub 10 lakh rupee car. They are just milking the popularity of the 'Safari' name. Did not expect this from Tata.
Old 29th January 2021, 08:26   #178
BHPian

We have a 2014 Safari storme as a daily driver and we just love this car but after 7 years the car is showing its age . We have been thinking to replace the car , may or may not sell the storme but new safari seems a good contender for next purchase.
raider9990 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 08:59   #179
BANNED

New Safari render based on the old one:

Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-2021tatasafarifrontmodifiedrender21068x601.jpg

Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-2021tatasafarifrontmodifiedrender11068x601.jpg

Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-2021tatasafarifrontmodifiedrender51068x601.jpg

Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-2021tatasafarifrontmodifiedrender6.jpg

Source: Rushlane
wheelguy is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 10:05   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
The street presence has grown up leaps and bounds from the Harrier and in this shade of white looks stately.
https://twitter.com/kushanmitra/stat...372864002?s=20
She is a looker for sure. Tata has been smashing it as far as styling is concerned. This would have made any established car maker proud.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks