Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 00:41   #106
BHPian

Re: Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater

OT :. I don't know why many people thought that the price was going to be revealed today while it was clearly stated it was an unveil and not a launch and many other car launches have followed the same route such as the mahindra thar , the jeep compass facelift or even then recently launched altroz turbo

Back on topic: The new safari ad is pretty dumb and I couldn't connect to the product at all
aansh singhania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 00:52   #107
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors unveils the all-new Safari

Any insights on when can we expect a Harrier upgrade? Is Royal Blue expected in Harrier as well?
Old 27th January 2021, 01:02   #108
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors unveils the all-new Safari

Tata should seriously work on the features they offer in each variant. Not just for the Safari here but in their entire lineup.

Being a company that is basking under the limelight of being safety conscious, they could have easily chosen to give 6 airbags as standard across all the variants of the Safari and stand out amongst the competition.

Further more another grouse I have with Tata is their ideology of offering the rear wiper only on the top end variants (in Altroz, Nexon) and omitting it in the base versions of Harrier & Safari.

Come on Tata, you are almost there. Stop skimping on basic features when your vehicle’s price tag starts from ₹13Lakhs+ ex-showroom (Harrier).

Thank god they did not skip the rear power windows for the XE variants in the Safari and Harrier.

Last edited by Shanksta : 27th January 2021 at 01:04.
Old 27th January 2021, 01:07   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
Not a Safari fanboy, but pinning the name just to evoke some sort of nostalgia is a desperate move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Like many others have mentioned , Perhaps this really wasn't supposed to be Safari from day 1.
Guys please!!! Enough of this. Same thing is being repeated, post after post and page after page, for the last two weeks.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 27th January 2021 at 01:10.
pseudo_coder is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 01:09   #110
BHPian

Safari or Harrier...A thread that needs to begin soon.

7 seats is awesome but travelling with 7 for a trip with luggage that fits in the same car is the concept where 7 seater fails in my opinion.

Contemplating on Harrier that takes care of my city needs to an extent vs Safari + 7 yr old Polo that cannot be sold if I go for the larger 7 seater.

Tough choice. Like the new features EPB, TPMS but nothing that I cannot live without. Brown seats of Harrier are unmatched. Those Brown leather seats are the major attraction and are keeping me away from my fav Dark edition. Blue + Brown leather seats would have been ideal.

I so wish we could custom assemble a car like a PC.
abhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 02:02   #111
BHPian

I am still confused over this new addition. What is going to be the competitor for Safari. Tata has released so many cars and so many models in same segments that will leave customers confused.

Instead Tata could have used Gravitas / Safari to introduce a premium range of product above 20L to get a land rover feeling for mass consumer. This could have allowed them to create a new segment in the premium offering the likes of which are with Jeep, Kia Carnival etc. That market is still niche and very few players.

15-20L segment looks very crowded and i personally believe that Harrier is well positioned to stay for long in that segment. Harrier customers might drift away to the new Safari and in the long run, one product might kill the other.

Cheers
darkbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 07:10   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What a scoop drive! You even beat us and all auto journos . Many thanks for sharing, bud. Will be going to our homepage today.
When can we expect a first drive report from you considering the drive happened this weekend? Just a general timeline so that the wait is not agonising. Although ram87pune has done a fantastic job, nevertheless more is always better.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 08:11   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
When can we expect a first drive report.
1st Feb is when the embargo ends.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 08:19   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbull View Post
I am still confused over this new addition. What is going to be the competitor for Safari. Tata has released so many cars and so many models in same segments that will leave customers confused.

15-20L segment looks very crowded and i personally believe that Harrier is well positioned to stay for long in that segment.

Cheers
Well, except for the variants details, there was nothing more unveiled in the show yesterday. It was an average show from Tata motors. The new ad is lacklustre and made no sense whatsoever.

Having said that, it has positioned itself in the category as an option for buyers who wants a 5-7 seater vehicle with some good things to offer. I believe Tata is positioning itself as a competition mainly to Innova, Existing XUV500 and MG Hector. Personally, if I have to pick between Innova and New safari, I will pick the New Safari. Pricing details are keenly awaited. Hope they don't screw that up and keep it competitive. New gen XUV500 in the near future will be a definite threat to this positioning. Only time will tell who will lead this market and position itself as value for money.

I am going to test drive Safari and the to-be launched New gen XUV500 before making the decision.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 08:27   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Interesting to see the comparison between India's best selling mpv and Tata's newest "suv". I'm not sure if a mpv buyer would want to buy a "suv"? However a certain amount of cross segment shopping will take place for sure. Can the Safari be an alternative to the Innova? I feel not. It definitely can't carry as much people plus luggage as the Innova, it's not even marketed as such. What the Safari may do is increase the overall number of Tata customers, especially people who like the Harrier but need an additional two seats at times. Had Tata called this car Harrier plus, it would make complete sense, however they tried using the emotional connect of the Safari to see if they can get a bigger slice of the SUV pie.
With the kind of design parameters and mechanics used in both cars, the distinction between MPV and SUV is rather fluid. A well designed, spacious SUV is also inherently a MPV. A MPV with adequately high ground clearance, robust mechanicals and high power/torque is also a good utility vehicle. I will keep the "S"port out of this, because neither the Innova nor Safari can be used for any sort of adventure, barring the occasional Leh-Ladakh journeys.
A true "S"port Utility Vehicle, must have an all terrain capability. Otherwise it is just a regular Multipurpose with a different look. Anyway, this point has been belaboured enough on this thread. People will cross-shop, as you said, and the Safari may not always come out the better off. The only things it scores are panoramic sunroof, better ICE, and all-disc brakes.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 27th January 2021 at 08:30.
fhdowntheline is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 09:17   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

After a very long wait, finally got my hands on the all new Safari a few days ago thanks to my sources. So without further ado here's what I thought of the Safari after spending more than a couple of hours with it both in the city and out on the highway.

3. Pliant ride quality and sure footed road manners. Ride quality is easily the best in class now that the Hexa is no more.
The scoop is definitely a first before any other media drive reviews. Thanks for the review

Specific to the ride comfort for safari, there were discussion about the bounciness observed in the earlier thread from a video footage. It was something many were concerned about (including me). Did you observe any? In general, interested to know the 2nd and 3rd row comfort during the ride (particularly on highway). TIA
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 09:18   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Guys please!!! Enough of this. Same thing is being repeated, post after post and page after page, for the last two weeks.
No, it needs to be said and I stand by BHPian kosfactor's words. It needs to reach out to everyone that naming this extended Harrier as Safari was a desperate and cheap attempt by Tata which was being somehow justified by paid keyboard warriors and over-enthusiastic Tata fans. There was nothing wrong with Gravitas as a product IMO, Tata's cars are great but they somehow manage to screw everything due to their brilliant team.
Tata's condition is of that guy who fails in an open book test (no offense to anyone).
Lowflyer23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 09:37   #118
BHPian

I request mods to please intervene and avoid this thread going OT again with the safari name debate.

With the safari details getting revealed and test drive reports likely to arrive in few days time, it will help to keep the discussions relevant to product features which will help prospective buyers.

@rams87pune - excellent initial report and thanks for giving heads up. Looking forward for the price reveal as I have to make decision on whether to go ahead with safari or wait for xuv500.
varman742 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 09:50   #119
BHPian

Noticed a feature listed in the safety section "double walled firewall" during the presentation yesterday. Could this be a precursor to the crash testing?. Saw a discussion on the Harrier thread that the FCA 2.0 has an issue with the oil filter, protruding into the cabin on crash tests on RHD configuration, thus compromising safety and affects the overall safety rating.

If this is true, Safari may get rated 5 star soon.
knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 11:08   #120
BHPian

Looks gorgeous!

Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-estrv2ovcamlcft.jpeg

Driven : 2021 Tata Safari XZA+ 6 seater-estrv4aveaeqy0n.jpeg

https://twitter.com/hormazdsorabjee/...65561228664835

Last edited by ASP007 : 27th January 2021 at 11:10.
ASP007 is offline   (22) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks