Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 17:15   #316
Senior - BHPian

Nice miniature car. Where did you buy it from? I would like to buy one too.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:18   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Nice miniature car. Where did you buy it from? I would like to buy one too.
I won that as a prize for quiz in fiat car and coffee meet. But it is available for sale at all tata outlets for a cost of rs 284 only
Old 10th July 2009, 11:36   #318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
[
He closed the screw and fixed the engine guard and bought the car down. went to fetch the engine oil. Came back with 4 bottles of SELENIA MOTOR OIL WR-40 and poured 3 bottles of the oil into engine through the port in the bonnet for engine oil. The oil was straw yellow colour just like the colour of lager beer.

He told me that normally engine will take up 3.2 litres of the oil but since the oil filter is not pulled out it has taken only 3.0 litres. My linea drank 3.0 litres of oil to quench her thirst. He started the vehicle and idled it for a few minutes and then checked for the rattling which i complained. He could not find the cause of the rattling so went for a road test and found that noise is coming from rear seat. He pulled it up and fixed it and then checked again but still the rattle was coming. It was getting very late so i told him i will check the rattling out in 1st service and came back. The cost of the oil change and labour was Rs.1995. Here is the picture of the bill
Ashwin,

If you've got Selenia WR 5W-40 Engine oil poured into your Petrol Linea, Pls check again & head to Service station urgently.
Petrol - Selenia K
Diesel - WR 5W-40
Though both are same grade 5W-40 but the characteristics are different

Quote:
SELENIA WR 5W-40

DESCRIPTION

Highly selected synthetic based oil for direct injection engines, both aspirated and turbo-charged. It is developed to respond to all requirements of the latest generation diesel engines (common-rail), where the revolutions per minute and the specific power of the engine are enhanced. As a result of the particular additives, it also ensures complete protection of the engine. Recommanded by Fiat / Lancia / Alfa Romeo for Multijet engines.

CHARACTERISTICS

SELENIA WR is formulated with a correct balance of the detergent additives and dispersants that help to reduce and control the formation of deposits, combustion residue and carbon deposits guaranteeing the optimal operation of the engine.
  • The advanced viscosity grade 5W-40 ensures the use of the product in more extreme temperatures: SAE 5W allows excellent lubrication and engine start up to -30°C; SAE 40 guarantees the lubrication film with external temperatures up to +40°C.
  • Minor fuel consumption and reduced emissions
  • Thermal stability preventing oxidation;
  • Wear reduction;
  • Special formula "air release" to grant idraulic tappets control;
  • Particularly suited to JTD or common rail engines where the revolutions per minute and the specific power of the engines are enhanced.
Recommended By:

...for Multijet Engines & cold climates
Quote:
SELENIA K

DESCRIPTION

Synthetic lubricant ideal for the most modern petrol engines. Owing to its unique formula, it warrants high resistance to oxidisation, the utmost protection in "stop & go" driving and outstanding perfomance whatever the weather.

CHARACTERISTICS
Selenia K is the synthetic lubricant with innovative technology that warrants optimal cold starting and maximum protection also in urban driving. In "stop & go" driving, a standard lubricant suffers an accelerated stress, with the creation of sludges and consequent performance's reduction. Owing to its special additivation, based on dispersant molecules, Selenia K avoids sludges'creation. Its tecnologically advanced formula permits to obtain:
  • the most actual international omologation API SM that guarantees maximal resistance to oxidation, extreme protection against deposits, optimal perfomances at low temperatures
  • the exclusive omologation Fiat 9.55535-M2/BZ, for nwe EURO IV Fiat group FIRE engines, thanks to its 5W-40 viscosimetric range with relevant Fuel Economy features.
Technical Data
SAE 5W-40, ACEA A3/B3, API SM, FIAT 9.55535-M2 CONTRACTUAL TECHNICAL REFERENCE N°F214.I05, VW 505.00, VW 502.00, MB 229.3
Old 10th July 2009, 12:08   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Ashwin,

If you've got Selenia WR 5W-40 Engine oil poured into your Petrol Linea, Pls check again & head to Service station urgently.
Petrol - Selenia K
Diesel - WR 5W-40
Though both are same grade 5W-40 but the characteristics are different
Dear Amit(VP), you are right. Selenia K is the right lubricant for petrol Linea and not the Selenia WR. Its clearly mentioned in the service book also. Yes Ashwin immediately contact the service people and rectify the mistake.
Old 10th July 2009, 13:23   #320
Senior - BHPian

This is giving me creeps. will contact them immediately. My god what have they done!!!!

Last edited by geeash : 10th July 2009 at 13:31.
Old 10th July 2009, 14:17   #321
BANNED

Quote:
This is giving me creeps. will contact them immediately. My god what have they done!!!!
Better if you can speak to Fiat diretly @ Pune office reg if it can cuase amy serious impact. It might not as the grades are similar in both oils
Old 10th July 2009, 14:42   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Ashwin,

If you've got Selenia WR 5W-40 Engine oil poured into your Petrol
[/b]
Yups, VP you are correct. The oils are almost similar but there are different oils that have to be put in Petrol and Diesel Linea. Nice observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash
Man am .
Ashwin, as VP suggests, please contact Fiat at pune directly or call Mangesh on his number. Is it mentioned in bill that the oil they put in is WR 5W 40?
Tell them what the hell has your stupid service centre done, call CRM of serv centre asap.
Old 10th July 2009, 14:59   #323
Senior - BHPian

They have mentioned the engine oil change. Bill i have put up as a picture in above post. I have also taken pictures of the oil used. Called service centre and told them. They said they will call back. Do some one here have phone number of mangesh or some head in fiat to whom i can talk?

Last edited by geeash : 10th July 2009 at 15:02.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:08   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
of mangesh or some head in fiat to whom i can talk?
Have Pmed you his number. Tell him that you have proof they put in the diesel oil in your car and you have clicked pics too.

Terrible thing to do, idiots, the SA should be hanged at the entrance gate of service centre.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:10   #325
Senior - BHPian

I have that number too. I have tried calling that number before and even now. unfortunately no one picks up.........
Any mobile numbers available?
Old 10th July 2009, 20:04   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
geeash,

Is it ceodesk@fiapl.com ? Rajeev kapoor's mail id?
rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com This is rajeev's email address. I have recieved Return reciepts from this email ID. Cheers.
Old 10th July 2009, 22:28   #327
BHPian

@geeash: I can see the Part No/Job Code in the second column in the Invoice in your post. It can be easily verified with that.

Hell, I just saw the pictures with the bottles of WR. You can sue the stupid service center for this blunder. And they can't run away from it since you have the invoice with part code.
Old 10th July 2009, 22:51   #328
Senior - BHPian

It is atrocious to see the trained fiat technitians doing these things. Now i am worried what would have happened to my engine. I have called and talked to the crm And the service advisor. The service advisor bluffed over the phone saying he had put only selenia k. I thrashed him over the phone saying i have got photos and told him that i am going to the court. I havent recieved any reply from them as yet. What am i supposed to do?. Shall i go to concorde tomorrow and check the engine. Please suggest me something. I am terribly upset. As of now i have not had any promblem in car after the oil change. Wha should i do?. Shall i take them to the court?
Old 10th July 2009, 23:32   #329
Senior - BHPian

Geeash, did you manage to speak to Mangesh Kodalkar (Head, Fiat Service).
I will PM his Mob no & phone no to you.

Tell him what happenend & ask him how to proceed in this matter.

If there is any impact of using diesel engine oil on petrol linea (most likely), I guess you have to completely drain the diesel engine oil & put the petrol one ASAP.
Speak to Mangesh & do accordingly.

Last edited by finneyp : 10th July 2009 at 23:38.
Old 11th July 2009, 08:34   #330
Senior - BHPian

geeash,

What finneyp has mentioned sounds the best to me in this scenario. He must have given you Mangesh's mobile number. Give him your piece of mind. Good that you thrashed the SA, he deserves to even lose his job, how can one make such a blunder.
Dont worry too much brother, talk to Mangesh, get the oil drained ASAP and Selenia K filled in at service centres cost now.

The diesel oil must have additional additives which might harm the engine, talk to service centre and threaten them, if possible even show them photos of those oil cans.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks