Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 16:02   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its the same in all cars. this is because the blower is located at the base of the centre console and different pipes carry air to the Centre Vents and Side Vents. More the distance of the vents from the blower, lesser the air throw
No i dont agree on that. i have my verna which i have personally checked and blows almost equal amount in side vents too...
The side vents in linea is pretty useless and does not even blow with 20% of the force which comes from central vents and in hot summer it is pretty irritating as the cooling suffers a bit. I dont have any problem when the outside temparature is below 40. but in chennai especially after the car is parked under the hot sun the temparature console shows as high as 52
Old 31st July 2009, 16:13   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
No i dont agree on that. i have my verna which i have personally checked and blows almost equal amount in side vents too...
The side vents in linea is pretty useless and does not even blow with 20% of the force which comes from central vents and in hot summer it is pretty irritating as the cooling suffers a bit. I dont have any problem when the outside temparature is below 40. but in chennai especially after the car is parked under the hot sun the temparature console shows as high as 52

Geeash it also depends on the distance of the side vents from the blower and the ducting involved to carry the air. if the ducting involves a lot of twists and turns the air pressure at the side vents would be lesser. as far as verna goes the air flow in the side vents is much more powerful than linea since it doesnt have 3 additional ducts which carry air to the rear passengers - 2 below the seat and 1 in the rear centre
Old 1st August 2009, 15:07   #438
BHPian

I agree with Geeash. The side AC vents in Linea blows very less when compared to other cars. When the outside temperature is above 40 degrees, you feel the difference. IMO, the overall AC cooling in Linea is just OK and is not as powerful as in Verna.
Old 1st August 2009, 23:02   #439
Senior - BHPian

Update:
Finally got a ganesha idol for my car. I had been hunting for a good idol for the car for close to 3 months ever since i got my car. I couldnt get one which satisfied me. I went to buy a gift for a family function to GRT yesterday where this idol caught my attention. It was small and cute so got it at once. Its is made of silver and it is gold plated. Costed a bomb for the small idol. Rs. 2700. Got a big hiding from my wifey for it!!!.
there are somethings which i cant resist...........

only thing is that it is little heavy and now i am wondering where and how to stick it in the car. How have you guys stuck idols on cars? and where?
Old 1st August 2009, 23:12   #440
BHPian

Ashwin, i remember reading the below poem somewhere

"Drive your car, drive to work
Drive to work to pay for your car "

Whatever said and done, its a pleasure beautifying the Gorgeous with goodies. Never mind the cost
Old 2nd August 2009, 06:57   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Update:

only thing is that it is little heavy and now i am wondering where and how to stick it in the car. How have you guys stuck idols on cars? and where?

Geeash! i as a rule do not Keep idols of Gods in my cars. however have stuck a few idols in cars which come to my friends shop for accessories. for linea you have three places: one above the central vents, in the small tray and second in the instrument console at the centre and the third on the dashboard at the centre, near the heat sensor of the ACC

you need to use two way adhesive tape to stick the idol. DO NOT use fevibond / fevi quick etc!
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:40   #442
BANNED

ashwin

i always use 2-way adhesive strips (yellow ones) to do it. have placed idol on dashboard in the centre above the central vents
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:55   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari78 View Post
Hi Geeash,

Haiton Phone Nos : 96299 11197

Address : New No 16,Old No 148 ,Koil Street ,Thiruvalleeswar Nagar
Annanagar West,Chennai - 600 040.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Hari.

Hari, Ashwin, the website is wrong mate.

The address mentioned is correct. I have managed to get few more contact nos which are valid nos. They are offering 10 pc discount till Sept 30th.

Contact nos are 96299 11197, 99451 97330, 96299 11194, 2615 6222
Old 3rd August 2009, 08:32   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The address mentioned is correct. I have managed to get few more contact nos which are valid nos. They are offering 10 pc discount till Sept 30th.

Contact nos are 96299 11197, 99451 97330, 96299 11194, 2615 6222
Thanks for the numbers binze. did you talk to them?. how much are they quoting?
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:21   #445
BHPian

Ashwin, yes; i spoke to them. They too are in the range of Stanley. I heard their fit and finish are better than Stanley's. Need to see it for ourselves to beleive.

They said, they have ranges from Rs. 10K to Rs. 100K, including imported varieties.

If you are free this weekend, let us visit their showroom.
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:54   #446
Senior - BHPian

Aswin,
Yesterday i went to Xenos Galleria and met a new Manager.as i planned to fix Front Sunfilm.
They are now partnership with Avion Leathers,Bangalore.
As he said,Haiton fitment is not good as Stanley or others.
He advised me to go for some other brand.

There was a Haiton Leathers advertisement come in yesterday Hindu supplementary.
They are giving 10% discount now.
I'll give you details once i go back home.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:28   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Aswin,
Yesterday i went to Xenos Galleria and met a new Manager.as i planned to fix Front Sunfilm.

There was a Haiton Leathers advertisement come in yesterday Hindu supplementary.

Karthik, suggest, you fix your front sunfilm at 3M (opp SIET). Xenos does the sunfilm fixing in an open area and chances of dust accumulating between the glass and sunfilm are high.

I had a good experience at Xenos for reverse parking sensors but i doubt if they could fix sunfilms professionally.

Speak to Mr.Subramaniam in Xenos who might get you some discounts. Me and Aswin fixed our parking sensors there. We got a good discount including a 15% discount on car care kits.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:37   #448
Senior - BHPian

Hey Thanx,
FYI,I am the first linea in Chennai fixed 6 sensors and Sunfilm (SolarGard HP Charcoal 38) from Xenos.
I only introduced them to all other Linea Owners.
I have been using Xenos/Pricol products for more than 6 years to my Zen,WagonR and now Linea.
I know some people(Sales and Service) in Xenos.ya yesterday also i met subramanian.He is too from my native
ya 3M is good in installation but the SolarGard Film is very effective and has 5 years warranty.
If you have any issues like Dust they will redo it for you.
After using SolarGard in my car in scorching Summer,the heat radiaition is very low compare to 3m films i used earlier.
Definitely SolarGard is VFM.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 3rd August 2009 at 11:39.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:38   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Aswin,

Sorry Ovion Leathers and not Avion.
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:01   #450
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Ashwin, yes; i spoke to them. They too are in the range of Stanley. I heard their fit and finish are better than Stanley's. Need to see it for ourselves to beleive.

They said, they have ranges from Rs. 10K to Rs. 100K, including imported varieties.

If you are free this weekend, let us visit their showroom.
Haiton uses similar leather that most of the so called Italian leather car seat guys use. These guys use a lot leather produced in Tamil Nadu but Stanley is definitely better. I have seem some terrible looking adverts from Haiton with a kangaroo ( God knows why a Kangaroo !!!) in car magazines and their website does not work. They advertise for a "Nappa leather" on Innvova seats. 10K to 100K ?? LOL. For sure 100K will be a total waste for a car seat from Haiton !! They are just following Stanley. Nothing special same old story and same old stuff. As Sunilrj had posted here only the Swedish leather importer Karlsson Leather in Bangalore has some proprietary leathers from Sweden and they are priced reasonably. Not even their top of the line leather which is imported from the well known Elmo leather company Sweden can be 100K for any car !! So what is this Haiton guy talking about?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks