Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 16:26   #496
Senior - BHPian

updated blue and me 5.4

Blue and me updated : version 5.4 with sony ericsson patch

Downlaoded all the updates and sony ericsson patch and updated asper the instruction given in pdf given by sunilrj.
only thing is that i did not have to switch on the radio as per the pdf instruction . the updated started as soon as the key was turned to MAR and completed when it saud " update completed. The USB drive can be removed now"".

After that i tried connecting my phone and it got paired once and disconnected a few tomes as reported by manual for searching the right com pot and finally connected again. Now works as usual.
I dont find any difference now, although i have not streamed songs from USB.
Will do that tonight and keep you guys updated.

Planning to go for change of alloys mostly tomorrow.........wifey credit card ready.

Vahan i give a clean chit for the update. you can go ahead

Last edited by geeash : 16th August 2009 at 16:34.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:15   #497
BHPian

Ashwin, are you visiting the TASS today for alloy change ?
Its raining and the entire area around the TASS is slushy.

Pls ensure you are around when the wheel is changed.

Dinitrol Antirust periodic checkup is due every three months. Your's should be due by now. Pls get it checked as monsoon has started and anyways, you are in TASS today.

Pls also, speak to Sairaj on the delay in spares, esp in my case where the LINEA EMOTION name stickers are delayed for over a month and the seat best casing is delayed for almost 20 days now. Ask him how come the same (seat belt assembly) was available in a weeks time at VST.

Will call you later in the day, thanks.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:45   #498
Senior - BHPian

reg. Blue and me updated : version 5.4

Aswin,
Whether this installation has any new features added or updated.
What is the benefit for updating the current version with 5.4.
I have copied releavant files in my USB stick.
Awaiting reply from you.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:02   #499
JRD
BHPian

hey guys where did you get the new update? what are the changes?
Old 17th August 2009, 12:12   #500
Senior - BHPian

If your mobile is not working properly as per the PDF.
Try with version 5.4 or Don't do any updates.
for me,My HTC Touch phone is working as par with Mobile Functions PDF.
Mobile Functions : Telefoni Compatibili
Version 5.4 Update : Fiat / Blue&Me
Old 17th August 2009, 18:20   #501
BANNED

Ashwin

Thanks. I think I'll try it as some of the functions are not working with my phone, curious if they work with this update.

Also, pls let me know on below:
  • In your USB stick, did you copy all those files in the zip file to root section of the USB stick or you created a folder & saved all files in that folder?
  • Did you copy 1 single Zip file or all those 4-5 files (inside the zip files) on USB stick?
  • I think USB stick needs to be formatted (FAT32 system) and must not have any other file in it except this software. is this right?
Old 17th August 2009, 19:35   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Ashwin

Thanks. I think I'll try it as some of the functions are not working with my phone, curious if they work with this update.

• In your USB stick, did you copy all those files in the zip file to root section of the USB stick or you created a folder & saved all files in that folder?
  • Did you copy 1 single Zip file or all those 4-5 files (inside the zip files) on USB stick?
  • I think USB stick needs to be formatted (FAT32 system) and must not have any other file in it except this software. is this right?
Amit

Here is the procedure to do it.

1. Create a new folder in C:\ with the name "Blue & ME" and Unzip all files from the zip file to this folder.

2. Now format the USB stick with FAT 32 by right clicking in my computer.

3. Copy all 6 files from C:\Blue & ME folder to root (no folder) of this USB stick.

You are ready with the USB stick just insert it in the USB port of Linea and move the ignition key from STOP to MAR.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:38   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whether this installation has any new features added or updated.
What is the benefit for updating the current version with 5.4.
I have copied releavant files in my USB stick.
Awaiting reply from you
It seems this update has more compatibility with other mobiles.
it can play apple ipod and iphone music by streaming if you get a adapter ( look for the adapter in sunil rj thread)
After updating i find the connection to be more clear and stable. Havent checked the message reader as though .

It ( adapter) costs 89 euros officially. but i know a guy called chris@souls at fiat forum who is willing to give the adapter for 65 euros if we can order 7 pieces at once. anyone interested?

Quote:
hey guys where did you get the new update? what are the changes?
this site

Quote:
Ashwin

no extract the zipfile to a folder in your desktop using winrar/winzip . you will get a folder with 6 files in it

just copy those files to the usb stick. do not copy the files with the folder. And one more warning is that dont ever plug out the usb stick before it says update complete. if you plug it out the whole blue and me will be corrupted

after updating the blue and me format the stick and the do the same with sony erricsson patch.

just copy the files alone and not the files with the folder.

one more thing before doing pray to god!!

Binze. i did not go today as my work was very hectic. dont think i can go for the next 5 days either as my father is leaving for swiss today and i have to see off his commitments for the whole week. will talk to you tomorrow. and it is raining too. you already know that i dont take my car out in the rain

Hey guys one more update.
surprise surprise surprise!!
i heard from the top brass that fiat is launching ecodrive for linea in october

Last edited by geeash : 17th August 2009 at 22:48.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:01   #504
Senior - BHPian

just a doubt.
does your media player stop when you switch off from MAR to STOP?. The radio i have set it to 20 mins from menu so it plays even if i switch off the car. but when i hear songs from usb when i switch off to stop the media player too stops

is it the same in your car too?
Old 18th August 2009, 13:58   #505
Senior - BHPian

something wrong with my wiper blade. the right one just in front of the steering wheel. it is wobbling when i put on the wiper. though it is cleaning well. think it is time for tass this week...........
Old 18th August 2009, 14:22   #506
Senior - BHPian

Aswin,

Are you able to hear any noise while whipping?
I am getting a screeching noise while doing so.I checked some other linea too.
It also has the same issue.Don't know whether it's a problem with every car produced or unique to some cars i have seen.
Old 18th August 2009, 19:50   #507
BHPian

Ashwin, Karthik,
1. Yes; the wiper on the driver side wobbles (lower end) when in use.
2. The screeching sound is there in all cars. Infact i chaged my wiper due to this and still i find this. I have checked with couple of other cars as well. The sound exists.
Old 18th August 2009, 20:14   #508
Shivashara

I think, when wind shield and wiper blades or too dry, it make this screeching sound and in most of the car I have driven.

Old 18th August 2009, 20:23   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
something wrong with my wiper blade. the right one just in front of the steering wheel. it is wobbling when i put on the wiper. though it is cleaning well. think it is time for tass this week...........
I have a different problem with my Linea wipers. The drivers side wipes beautifully, the passengers side does not wipe too well. Anone have suggestions? There is no screeching though
Old 18th August 2009, 20:50   #510
BHPian

Last Sunday at Shell petrol pump Mysore, the person was cleaning my windshield and suddenly the driver side wiper rubber came off the wiper. He took it out and cleaned it and put it back, very easily and its locked again.
Not sure how it came out, Later on my way from Mysore to B'lore, it was raining heavily and I was worried that it might come out but wiper worked perfectly without any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks