Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 14:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

So which sunfilms should I go for? I am thinking 3M or Llumar. The Punto deserves the best! Wouldn't mind V-Kool either but they seem a little more expensive then others in the market. Also, no clear sunfilms anymore. The front windscreen in my SX4 is clear and I hate it. I am going to go one step ahead of the RTO mandated sunfilms and get darker shades.

Since yesterday it has gotten embarassing at times to tackle the stares the Punto is getting. A guy in a Mahindra pick-up was literally falling out of his window while driving looking at the car! Almost 9 out of 10 cars on the roads have their driver's turning again and again looking at the car and then looking at me. Most the cars drive side by side with me, staring away at the car. Of course, it's the newness of the Punto and thus the high level of interest that's making it happen, as and when the car gets more common on the roads these will stop. In Kharghar, I had parked the car and was sitting in it when a bike stopped, the guy got down checked out the car front, back and sides and then tapped on my window asking the price. With sunfilms at least it wouldn't get embarassing for me!

Last edited by amit : 13th July 2009 at 14:49.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

@Amit- Congrats!
Am not surprised at all with this(considering the love for s10 this is the best replacement for you IMO).
Am planning to get the same color or the blue one as that looks sporty as well.
Excellent mileage considering first service has not been done.
That RTO story was quiet interesting but in the end patience pays dividends rite.
Enjoy your time and keep us updated of likes and dislikes.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Reply to Sun Film question

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
So which sunfilms should I go for? I am thinking 3M or Llumar. The Punto deserves the best! Wouldn't mind V-Kool either but they seem a little more expensive then others in the market. Also, no clear sunfilms anymore. The front windscreen in my SX4 is clear and I hate it. I am going to go one step ahead of the RTO mandated sunfilms and get darker shades.
I'd advise you to fix a clear sunfilm on the front windshield [V-Kool 70, also called V-Kool Premium] and go for basic tints on the windows and rear windshield [3M/Lumar/V-Kool Economy, whichever you like]. That'll make your chariot cool, literally and figuratively, and should cost 13-14k tops [lesser, if you bargain well]!

Cheers,
Vikram

P.S: Whichever brand you choose, please do the filming after the rains are over.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hey Amit.... Congrats on the new car!
Old 13th July 2009, 15:41   #65
BHPian

Quote:
So which sunfilms should I go for? I am thinking 3M or Llumar. The Punto deserves the best! Wouldn't mind V-Kool either but they seem a little more expensive then others in the market.
Bro go for 3M without any hesitation. Its the best option today and its not horribly overpriced like VKool. Llumar, Garware Ice Cool, etc. all fall after 3M's. I have it on my i10 and its doing a wonderful job. Also a friend has it on his Corolla and is very happy.
Old 13th July 2009, 16:00   #66
BHPian

Quote:
So which sunfilms should I go for? I am thinking 3M or Llumar. The Punto deserves the best!
Yup.Go for the 3M. Got mine done yesterday.She looks stunning. The silver alloys + med grey + dark tints : total drool maal. Will upload some pics later after a wash .

Am also getting the seat covers done. Will post all the pics of the interiors after that.
Are you planning to change the seat covers?
My personal opinion is that the interiors will look more roomy with a seat cover of a lighter shade.
Old 13th July 2009, 16:09   #67
BHPian

congratz amit!
the car looks smashing in red..!!
but how are you coping with the lack of power as compared to the s10?
Old 13th July 2009, 16:44   #68
BHPian

congrats amit!

The "Instantaneous consumption" shows blank when car is at stand-still.
It will start displaying when the car moves.
Old 13th July 2009, 16:59   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amit,

Congratulations on your new passion. BOLD RED PUNTO
i wish you much better experience with Punto than your old Palio S10.

how much was it on road, what were the accessories you got (free/paid) ?
Old 13th July 2009, 17:06   #70
BHPian

Congrats Amit for such a nice car. I hope with Punto you will relive the moments of your S10.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

A quick update.

There was some kind of noise coming seemingly from the underbody of the car. I suspected that the muffler was loose and hence hitting the underside. I sent the car to Fortune today morning. At 3pm I reached the dealership to check on the progress. The guy's changed the front tie rods saying that Fiat had asked dealers to change tie rods of Linea on customer complaints. I hadn't heard of that but allowed them to do the work. New tie rods installed the car was taken for a test drive and sound was still there. Another technician was now called. He opened the bonnet, checked some bolts, found 2 of them loose and tightened them. Off we went for a test drive and the problem is gone. It took him 2 minutes to solve the issue!

However, the steering started making a chir chir sound on slight movements being made. It was 5.20pm and dealer said he needs at least 2 hours to check the problem. I didn't want to leave the car so took it back. Within a kilometer of driving the sound was gone and hasn't come back since.

Also got my number plates today evening.

Quote:
Once you stop the car, hit the light button(tug it to put it on high beam), lock the car and walk away. The follow me home will be activated.
Did that. The coming home function works well. Another question though. How do I deactivate it?

Quote:
However, if still not solved, delete user data in the car (using B&M Menu on the steering, press SRC/OK). Delete the pairing profile in your mobile.
I can't seem to delete the two Blue&Me pairing profiles in my phone . Need to check my phone manual for that.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Did that. The coming home function works well. Another question though. How do I deactivate it?
Push the lever the other side (opposite to the way you did for activating) and hold it for 2 secs. It will get deactivated.

Sorry Amit . One question ... do we need to activate the coming home function each and every time or if we do it once it will stored. Also can some one tell me where will i be able to find the pin number to activate the blue and me feature.
Old 13th July 2009, 22:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Push the lever the other side (opposite to the way you did for activating) and hold it for 2 secs. It will get deactivated.
Thanks.

Quote:
do we need to activate the coming home function each and every time or if we do it once it will stored.
It will be stored.

Quote:
Also can some one tell me where will i be able to find the pin number to activate the blue and me feature.
When you pair your phone to Blue&Me the first time, the 'sexy lady' tells you the PIN and it's also flashed on the screen in the instrument cluster. It remains there till your phone pairs and connects with Blue&Me.

Last edited by amit : 13th July 2009 at 22:15.
Old 13th July 2009, 22:11   #74
BHPian

Quote:
When you pair your phone to Blue&Me the first time, the 'sexy lady' tells you the PIN and it's also flashed on the screen on the instrument cluster. It remains there till your phone pairs and connects with Blue&Me.
I do not see that in my car. I tried to pair my phone (N 95) with Blue & Me and it ask for the pin number. will check with the service folks tomorrow.
Old 13th July 2009, 22:33   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He opened the bonnet, checked some bolts, found 2 of them loose and tightened them. Off we went for a test drive and the problem is gone. It took him 2 minutes to solve the issue!
Loose bolts on the second day after delivery!!!! What happened to the PDI?

Tie rods changed, loose bolts, and steering noise not problems I would want to face on the second day of owning a new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks