Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 22:39   #706
Senior - BHPian

As far as looks are considered Figo is at the bottom for me. Punto is at top followed by i20 and Polo.
However it looks much much better in Red and not that yuck green color. I feel that reddish dashboard will give red figo a sportier look.
Old 11th March 2010, 00:41   #707

Any idea about corporate discounts guys? I was told by a dealer in Mumbai that they would have the corporate discount lists by Thursday.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I'd be very surprised if they actually offer them.
Old 11th March 2010, 01:30   #708
BHPian

Can anyone tell which car will perform better - Figo D vs Punto D in terms of SOHC vs DOHC

see my post here

OR check the below engine specs:

Old 11th March 2010, 05:10   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I feel that reddish dashboard will give red figo a sportier look.
"Coral IP not available on Colorado red exterior colour" is what the Figo brochure says
Old 11th March 2010, 08:16   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Can anyone tell which car will perform better - Figo D vs Punto D in terms of SOHC vs DOHC

see my post here

OR check the below engine specs:
We did those comparison when we had to choose between Linea and Fiesta. On paper MJD did look better, but Test Drive swung it in favour of Fiesta. Fiesta had great pickup and was immensely more driveable in the city. Linea/Punto - the first gear was useless and it came to life only in 2nd n 3rd gears. Also there were couple of more factors which swung in favour of Fiesta.

Figo D is the pick of diesel hatches. If you want further confirmation you should do Test Drives. You will find despite the shortcomings in paper, it performs much better.

Last edited by rajivn : 11th March 2010 at 08:18.
Old 11th March 2010, 08:23   #711
BHPian

The prices are really tempting. I will go & try for a TD today.
can any one tell me where in Bangalore i can take the TD.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:37   #712
BANNED

Had been to Metro Ford, Bangalore yesterday.

They told me they already had 85 bookings in the first 10 days of March. (they also mentioned that bookings for Fiesta has come down --> but this could be a temporary trend as there is an initial hype towards Figo).

That is a huge number, I think.

Check out this calculation ---->
Ford has (approximately) 130 odd dealerships in India.

If all of them have 85 bookings (on average) in the first 10 days of March, then it amounts to 130*85 = 11050 bookings in the first 10 days of March.

For the full month of March, this would amount to 11050 *3 = 33150 bookings in one month.

Even if the average number of bookings per dealer is half of 85 ---> It still means around 16000 bookings by the end of the month.

And even if only 50% of bookings convert into actual buys ---> It still means 8000 cars sold by the end of the month.

I wonder if Ford can keep up that volume of sales. I remember somebody mentioning on this forum that Ford is producing 150 Figos per day (or 4500 per month).

So, we can expect long waiting times after booking Figo.

Of course, the long term outlook of Figo sales remains to be seen. However, initial sales are clearly looking red-hot!

A question ---> Have any of you checked out with the dealers you visited, as to how many bookings they have received for Figo?
Old 11th March 2010, 10:48   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Had been to Metro Ford, Bangalore yesterday.

They told me they already had 85 bookings in the first 10 days of March. (they also mentioned that bookings for Fiesta has come down --> but this could be a temporary trend as there is an initial hype towards Figo).

That is a huge number, I think.

Check out this calculation ---->

And even if only 50% of bookings convert into actual buys ---> It still means 8000 cars sold by the end of the month.

I wonder if Ford can keep up that volume of sales. I remember somebody mentioning on this forum that Ford is producing 150 Figos per day (or 4500 per month).

So, we can expect long waiting times after booking Figo.
Ford started production of Figo sometime in february, they should have around 4500 cars by end of feb and from March its 200 per day. My guess is that it won't be an issue.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:01   #714
Senior - BHPian

Requested a quote on the Figo website (out of curiosity), on Tuesday night, and got a call from Ford (in chennai) immediately the next morning. That was quick! I had done something similar for another manufacturer before , and never got a call or even an email.
The girl made her usual sales pitch and then said she would have the dealer contact me at the earliest. Me in no hurry to buy my first car (still debating between used vs new), but might check it out at the nearby dealer this weekend.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:06   #715
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Small Calculation with respect to Pricing of Diesel only.

The Diesel LXi starts from 5.14 OTR and the Titanium is at 6.06 OTR. The diff is approximately 92K. When you check the spec there are around 32 extra features (as per brochure) starting from smaller things (eg: door handle colors) to big ones (Airbags) for the diff of 92K. My assumption the cost of the extra features would have been definitely more than 92K. So the extra costs are included indirectly in the lower end LXi/Exi/Zxi models. This is the reason the LXi could not be priced lower as it should have been.
Taking another eg: Swift LDI & VDI ( no tech spec comparison). PW, Central Locking, Fog lamps are the main feature addition from LDI to VDI which comes around 30k which can be easily understood. The extra features have value of 30k and not more than that.
In Figo's case, since they want to target Zxi/Titanium, the difference between low end -Lxi to Titanium is kept at a price which will make customers to go for higher ends. The real factor is the lower ends are slightly higher priced to bear the cost of the additional features which are really not available for them
-- LXi/Exi buyers should definitely ask for discounts.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:17   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
For the first time I m seeing a Figo in non green colour
Ford forced green figo so much that I hate to see it in that colour now!
The decision to project the FIGO in that green was taken to project it as a new and young model, as anyother colur would make it resemble the FUSION and people would dismiss it as a smaller version of FUSION.

This information comes from my friend who works with the agency that does brand consultancy for them.
remember Chevy also had a similar strategy for SPARK to differentiate it from the old Matiz.

IMO that colour looked good only on the old FIAT PALIO.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:40   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
The prices are really tempting. I will go & try for a TD today.
can any one tell me where in Bangalore i can take the TD.

You can look at the Metro Shoroom near the Palace on Palace Road in Guttahalli. You will find the VW showroom right next door and do a quick cmpare with the Polo
Old 11th March 2010, 11:51   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The Diesel LXi starts from 5.14 OTR and the Titanium is at 6.06 OTR. The diff is approximately 92K. When you check the spec there are around 32 extra features (as per brochure) starting from smaller things (eg: door handle colors) to big ones (Airbags) for the diff of 92K. My assumption the cost of the extra features would have been definitely more than 92K. So the extra costs are included indirectly in the lower end LXi/Exi/Zxi models. This is the reason the LXi could not be priced lower as it should have been.
Taking another eg: Swift LDI & VDI ( no tech spec comparison). PW, Central Locking, Fog lamps are the main feature addition from LDI to VDI which comes around 30k which can be easily understood. The extra features have value of 30k and not more than that.
In Figo's case, since they want to target Zxi/Titanium, the difference between low end -Lxi to Titanium is kept at a price which will make customers to go for higher ends. The real factor is the lower ends are slightly higher priced to bear the cost of the additional features which are really not available for them
-- LXi/Exi buyers should definitely ask for discounts.
Nice calculations there. But do you believe those 32 features are going to cost more than 92K? I don't think so.

And also, Maruti isn't spending 30K for PW, CL and Fog lamps. Common, imagine their volume.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:34   #719
BANNED

Amazing review, the car looks good but the interior colour is just horrible. They have to be dumb to use such a colour.

Pricing of this car would give a stiff competition to Ritz, Swift and i10.

It looks like Fusion remake to me, with new features etc.

I don't think they can improve the service network in a day or a year. It will take some time.

But when was the last time Ford launched a succesful car.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:17   #720
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Nice calculations there. But do you believe those 32 features are going to cost more than 92K? I don't think so.

And also, Maruti isn't spending 30K for PW, CL and Fog lamps. Common, imagine their volume.

Yes. May be it may be lesser than 92k - which we do not know, but the pricing of entry level models should be less or the price diff between Lower and Top end should be more.
Hence I feel lower end models deserve discounts.

Yes. . but definitely not more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks