Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 15:59   #2611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Where is JC road?
@Brix, JC Road is Bangalore's equivalent of GP Road (Madras).
Old 26th May 2010, 16:43   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you're right. The place where I place my heel has started wearing out quick. I was thinking of getting rubber for the monsoons too. Dont know if its specifically available for the Figo.

Where is JC road?
brix get the rubber ones at GP road, shouldn't cost you more than 600 bucks.
Old 26th May 2010, 20:08   #2613
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
1. How many ltrs would Figo have when the fuel nozzle automatically stops while filling gas in auto mode? Would it be 45 ltrs, the full capacity or less?
No one can say that for sure, since the auto stop function depends on the sensor in the fuel pump nozzle and the sensitivity might vary.

Filling to the brim might be actually more than 45 L.

Quote:
2. Page 55 of the manual says that IFTEX System G needs to added with petrol. What is the purpose?
This when added gives you the equivalent of the enriched petrols like Speed etc. It is supposed to keep your fuel injectors clean. Many manufacturers recommend only normal fuels.

Here again it would be a recommendation and not a compulsory thing.

Quote:
3. Dead pedal badly needed. Are rubber dead pedals which can be screwed in available in the market?
I doubt!

Last edited by trrk : 26th May 2010 at 20:10.
Old 26th May 2010, 22:06   #2614
BHPian

Thanks & Update

Thanks e-biz, I agree rubber ones make the best choice with rain. Will update the forum if I find shops in JC road.

I got my car back. The fact is, the hot/cold knob cable was stuck and issue got exposed only by the spring like slip action. Its been fixed(90%). I have been told that this was seen only on my car till now (including fiestas & icons) Dealer will update me once they hear from Ford if anything needs to be replaced.

Car was cleaned and delivered is best presentable manner. So folks don't go (fully ) by old customer reviews, go to Ford with a open mind and see the change. I got my car just like the way Maruti would do if they had the car for some repair (non-service). Same experience and am feeling pretty good about it.
Old 26th May 2010, 23:32   #2615
BHPian

Can someone please provide details of the service warranty package available for the Figo?

Is it worth it?

Are they giving 4th year warranty or not?

Which parts are not covered?
Old 27th May 2010, 02:39   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I too have added the USB cable, but I am able to see folder names, song names etc in the display.
Really? Just to clarify, my point is that I too can see the folder names, song names etc., on display and there is a mode that allows me to select the info that I want on display.

However, my grudge is that I can NOT see the song name until it is selected and has played for 5 seconds. Which means if I suddenly want to listen to "X" song, I cannot just scroll to it and play it. Either I must know the "serial number" of the song, or I must play one by one and check if it is the one.

If there is a way out, or some quirky setting problem please let me know Revvy, it will be very helpful. BTW I really need to start spending some quality time with the music system.

And Ya, I am a bhpian now

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th May 2010 at 15:23.
Old 27th May 2010, 06:04   #2617
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
No one can say that for sure, since the auto stop function depends on the sensor in the fuel pump nozzle and the sensitivity might vary.
Filling to the brim might be actually more than 45 L.!
There will be a small stick inside the nozzle, when the fuel touches (sometime fuel splashing also) the needle inside will enable auto cut off. I doubt auto cut off is accurate. Brim fill to Brim fill will give the nearest exact mileage if the fuel is not adulterated.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:15   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
However, my grudge is that I can NOT see the song name until it is selected and has played for 5 seconds.
If there is a way out, or some quirky setting problem please let me know Revvy, it will be very helpful.
Even with the Chinese set in my other car, the display of the song name takes 8 seconds to show up. There isn't an option here.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:39   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone picking up a green TDCi from Chennai Ford today or tomorrow? One was being driven at 140 kmph or so on the Poonamalee bypass from the yard to the showroom. I was doing 120 kmph when it passed me. This was around 11 am. I followed it till the Koyambedu junction and it was pulling all kinds of stunts. So much for running in the engine and not exceeding 2000 rpm etc.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:04   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
So much for running in the engine and not exceeding 2000 rpm etc.
"Its not my damn car" attitude. No wonder Scorpio's car had some scratches when it was in the yard.

Also - can anyone procure that USB-Aux adapter for me from their dealerships. Seems like its backordered till July-Aug.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:53   #2621
Senior - BHPian

Hi RGK,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I doubt auto cut off is accurate. Brim fill to Brim fill will give the nearest exact mileage if the fuel is not adulterated.
I agree totally.

I always use the brim method for my calculation. But certain cars are a pain to fill to the brim.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:19   #2622
BHPian

The pump attendant, on two occasions made fuel overflow from my tank.

Going further I'm going to fill only 33 litres(when DTE hits 80) when I do only city runs. That is just about good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi RGK,

I agree totally.

I always use the brim method for my calculation. But certain cars are a pain to fill to the brim.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:12   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you're right. The place where I place my heel has started wearing out quick. I was thinking of getting rubber for the monsoons too. Dont know if its specifically available for the Figo.
I got a set of transparent high quality plastic floor mats (4 pcs) @Rs1400 at a shop in Mahalingapuram. They look extremely good & are very easy to maintain. My car came with carpet type mats and maintaining them was a pain. These transparent mats are provided with Ritz now.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:51   #2624
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Can someone please provide details of the service warranty package available for the Figo?
I vaguely remember the ones for the diesel. Rs. 9,000 covers all services for 3 years OR Rs. 12,000 for services + (any) part failure.
Old 28th May 2010, 23:46   #2625
BHPian

I've just read a news report saying that the price of the Figo is being hiked from 1st June. Will the dealer now try to delay the delivery of my car which is due to arrive tomorrow, or latest by Monday?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks