Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 15:34   #1
BHPian

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...

Hi everyone, this is my first review on team-BHP,

Before I start, thanks to BHIpians, who made my life easy in choosing the right ride for me with all detailed reviews on almost all the cars I considered for upgrade.

It’s after 5.5years of bond, memories and long drives between me and my Santro Xing bought in May 2004, covering 67k. I was seriously considering an upgrade to sedan for the following reasons
  • Enough space for my kid to move around when sat in rear seat. She always prefers to walk along the way between front and rear seats
  • Enough boot space, I always found it difficult when my entire family started for some trips, kids stuff itself occupies lots of space, and we literally had to minimize our stuff…
  • Long drives to be more fun
  • Budget range of 7.5 – 8.5l

Search started in May 2009,

Cars considered and TD:

Linea – Was keen to pursue this, went to Prerana Bangalore with a cheque and was disappointed with the
  • Power of the car. It was much under powered.
  • Lack of enough comfort in rear seating.

SX4 was ruled out due to low FE.

Skoda out of budget and no confidence on A.S.S.

I didn’t consider initially Ford Fiesta and Honda City, for reasons of costly spares ( as well I felt the older front face of Fiesta was much better than the newer ones) and over priced ANHC. Though I was really admired by the looks and performance of ANHC, but my budget didn’t help… I felt old engine (IDSI) should have been continued, the car would have costed less.

I stretched my budget from 8.5l to 9l, as I knew the car would be around for more years than my Santro and hence felt to go for something which I like a lot…

Finally I decided to go for Verna CRDI SX ABS, power in this car is amazing. It just gave a feeling that I can rule the road… FE for the power was great too…

Gave initial booking amount to Trident Hyundai on Hosur road on 25th Oct,
This was a compromise for me, as
  • I didn’t like the looks of Verna (no offense to anyone…), but Hyundai didn’t bother to uplift this car for years now, what was available 3 years ago is still the same. May be just additional goodies inside… but looks almost remained same from Viva more or less…
  • Rear seat comfort is not as expected.

My wife kept telling me not to buy in case Iam not happy on any aspect, she was right. I didn’t want to end up using and cursing myself for not buying something which I liked the most.

Since we stretched our budget to 9l, I thought of giving a shot on ANHC, supported by all the reviews from the ANHC owners. And there you go it stands in my parking lot with lot of elegance and a mark to make.

TD – experience of ANHC
  • Dakshin Honda – They didn’t have a TD car on the day I requested for some specific reason, executive Prabhu was friendly but was not ready to talk on any freebies, I didn’t like the way he was approaching.
    Waiting time was almost a month.
  • Good friend of mine own OHC ZX, he bought it from Magnum, I contacted Magnum, Srinivas.B.K was handling my case, and I must say best salesperson I have ever come across. He was ready to provide the car for TD any time anywhere, helped me all the way from booking till delivery. Took TD of ANHC in EC and as well on Kanakpura road. They had our choice in the delivery list due from Honda that week..

Colour Choice:

We opted and picked Habanero Red Pearl.

Variant:

S-MT. As all we need was in this package, and I felt I can have better choice in Alloys later, but eventually ended up with Honda brand itself

Formalities started on 1st Nov, and on 7th Nov the car was handed over. Everything went smooth,

It’s been almost 3months now, had been to couple of long trips to
  • Yelagiri Hills
  • Golden Temple, Vellore
  • Ooty
  • Mysore

I must say it’s a sheer pleasure and fun… its beauty and the beast.

FE: so far I have been able to manage it between 11-12 in city and roughly 13-14 on highways. 90% A/C, But as per Honda guys it can be more than this…

But, Iam pretty happy with the performance and FE

Things I felt would have been considered by Honda:

I drove OHC ZX quite a lot, it was very quite at low and higher revs, but on the other hand ANHC I felt it could have made better to shield noise. Iam not sure if Iam the only one facing this… but at higher revs, I can hear the roaring noise which I never felt in OHC

Ground Clearance:

It’s so bad to hear it crying when ever we crossed breakers, especially those un-realistic ones...

I had nightmares while driving in Mysore, with 5 people and boot fully loaded. It almost scraped all those worst layed breakers… I tried driving cross, but still it hits…

Civic following us were still in bad shape…

Hope no damage had happened. It’s due to service in next month, need to get this checked.

Boot lift on remote, I don’t understand why they didn’t consider this?

A/C should have been better!!!

Mods done:
  • 3M Sun films
  • Upgraded to Alloys (Honda brand)
  • Chrome exhaust

Mods in list:
  • Ice cool to front windshield
  • Seat covers, would do once the stock ones get’s in to a bad shape.

Would post some snaps soon...
Old 28th January 2010, 15:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
She always prefers to walk along the way between front and rear seats
You allow that?

check out this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sory-cars.html

for info on child safety in a car.

Last edited by clevermax : 28th January 2010 at 15:59.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:00   #3
BHPian

Let me be the first to congratulate you Raghu, great car - look forward to some pictures soon.

Quote:
FYI - 2 km diff in FE would lead to saving of just about Rs. 50K after 75K kms.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:01   #4
BHPian

Hi Clevermax,

We have a car seat for her, but as of now we tried all we can, but she is never comfortable in it, and doesn't sit for longer time even in our laps :-(

So, my wife and kid are allways forced to sit at the rear, and she prefers to stand and move from one corner to another.

We are trying hard to get rid of this habit from her...
Old 28th January 2010, 16:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

congratulations raghu! awaiting for snaps.

just curious why you went for Honda alloys instead of after market! how much they charged for alloys?
Old 28th January 2010, 16:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
just curious why you went for Honda alloys instead of after market! how much they charged for alloys?
Thanks every one.

I was keen on buying Alloys with 5 spokes only, set of 4 from show room costed me 22k.

I checked in few mod guys near and in Koramangala, quote from them where varying from 19k and above for set of 5. I prefered to pick it from showroom, as I felt they would be reliable than other branded one which guys outside were offering me.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:16   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Raghu!

Please post some pics of the car. By the way the highway mileage seems to be a little less. Did you check the mileage by tankful to tankful method

Even I have the same question why Honda Brand Alloys when there are lots of options available aftermarket.
Old 28th January 2010, 18:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Clevermax,

We have a car seat for her, but as of now we tried all we can, but she is never comfortable in it, and doesn't sit for longer time even in our laps :-(

So, my wife and kid are allways forced to sit at the rear, and she prefers to stand and move from one corner to another.

We are trying hard to get rid of this habit from her...
I can understand your situation. Even my three year old daughter sometimes wants to move from the back seat to the front and vice versa in a moving car. In such moments i just stop the car by the side and let her finish.

BTW.Heartiest Congratulations. The new ANHC is a dream car to own.
Old 28th January 2010, 18:34   #9
BHPian

Thanks Pats,

She is found of Cartoons, I would give it a shot this time with a DVD player.
Old 28th January 2010, 19:43   #10
BHPian

You have to be very careful with your child moving inside a moving car. I know you understand that it is very dangerous. You have to be strict here, it is not at all advisable to allow the child to move around in the car when driving. The earlier you convince her not to do this, the better. Drive safe. My son was not allowed to move around ot fiddle with the car when driving. He obeys, and to compensate, I allow him to fiddle with the controls etc, when we are not moving, when the car is at a standstill.

Heartiest congratulation on the ANHC. Do post some pictures too.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 28th January 2010 at 19:44.
Old 28th January 2010, 19:48   #11
BHPian

Few pics on the day....

And with Alloys...
Attached Thumbnails
Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_0022_1.jpg  

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_7568_1.jpg  

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_7575_1.jpg  

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_7576_1.jpg  

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_7577_1.jpg  

Old 28th January 2010, 19:50   #12
BHPian

Hi Basilmabraham,

Thanks...

I totally understand, that is the reason, all the time during long trips my mom and wife are at back to ensure she is properly secured...

We are enforcing this, but sometimes kids...
Old 28th January 2010, 20:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase Raghu. I was a firm believer that the ANHC was highly overpriced, until I read some the posts in the forum which did make me realise that it wasnt (priced too high).

I guess you would need time to get used to and start loving the awesome growl of the iVtec at high revs. That is one of the main reasons I love the Honda . I own an Ikon and love to hear the sound of the Ro-Cam engine each time I get a chance.

Have lots of fun with your car and yes, do post pics.

Edit: Sorry just saw the pics.Look awesome.

Quote:
Iam not sure if Iam the only one facing this… but at higher revs, I can hear the roaring noise which I never felt in OHC

Last edited by sammyboy : 28th January 2010 at 20:43.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:00   #14
BANNED

congrates buddy,
ill be taking delivery of ANHC tommrow in white color. can you give me more details on 3m sunfilm please

Last edited by monty9991 : 28th January 2010 at 23:03.
Old 29th January 2010, 00:03   #15
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Nice colour choice ...

Quote:

FE: so far I have been able to manage it between 11-12 in city and roughly 13-14 on highways. 90% A/C, But as per Honda guys it can be more than this…
Many people have this perception. But I get similar FE that you have qouted in my 2008 SX4 with 100 % AC set at 25 C.

Most Viewed