Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 10:11   #31
BHPian

Thanks Samtheleo

I visited WE yesterday and requested to get a wind shield with Honda Logo on it, Kishore from WE said he would give his best shot. Would get it fixed this saturday,

Quote has been increased as he assumed it to be 2GHC, it's now 7170.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 18th February 2010, 10:19   #32
BHPian

Crack on my WS

Here are some pics of the crack on my wind shield,

Excuse me for the quality of the pics, these are from my phone. Would try to get them from a cam later.
Attached Thumbnails
Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-img_0101.jpg  

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-img_0102.jpg  

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-img_0103.jpg  

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-img_0104.jpg  

Old 18th February 2010, 11:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Down shift of gear from higher to second was not easy, I always had to either try twice or bring the car to complete stall and then shift.
So thats an issue, I too notice(d) this in my ANHC at times but thought thats how it works. Would report this during my next service.

Quote:
while traveling back had a stone coming off from a Lorry in front and I have a crack in my Wind shield
Oh, thats un-fortunate. In cases like this, isn't the truckers (third-party)insurance supposed to pay for the claim?
Old 18th February 2010, 11:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
So thats an issue, I too notice(d) this in my ANHC at times but thought thats how it works. Would report this during my next service.

Oh, thats un-fortunate. In cases like this, isn't the truckers (third-party)insurance supposed to pay for the claim?
Kalyan,

As per SA they adjust it during the first service (Not sure if it's routine everywhere), didn't they? Are you still facing the issue, then get it checked. It was very annoying to me initially.

Yeh for WS, insurance can be claimed, and I might go with it. Not yet decided though
Old 18th February 2010, 11:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Kalyan,

As per SA they adjust it during the first service (Not sure if it's routine everywhere), didn't they? Are you still facing the issue, then get it checked. It was very annoying to me initially.

Yeh for WS, insurance can be claimed, and I might go with it. Not yet decided though

Raghu,

Congrats on the car ! Great colour. I agree that only this colour in my opinion looks very Gorgeous.

Windshield incident is unfortunate. You should maintain more distance when behind trucks, i guess.

Will the warranty of Honda not be void, if you get the windshield fixed elsewhere than the authorised centres. Just try and check this out.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Raghu,

Congrats on the car ! Great colour. I agree that only this colour in my opinion looks very Gorgeous.

Windshield incident is unfortunate. You should maintain more distance when behind trucks, i guess.

Will the warranty of Honda not be void, if you get the windshield fixed elsewhere than the authorised centres. Just try and check this out.
Hi Nandan,

Thanks.

I did check it with Magnum Honda, they said Windshield doesn't come under warranty.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 18th February 2010 at 12:31. Reason: format
Old 18th February 2010, 12:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Kalyan,

Raghu, I too had the same problem, when I took it to the SA, they did a clutch bleeding, after which it was much better. This is my observation: If you keep the car idle for a long time (1 or 2 days) and use it, immediately u'll feel that getting it to 2nd gear from higher gears is a challenge, after you run through changing gears few times it will smoothen up.
My personal opinion is it will get better over time
Old 18th February 2010, 12:49   #38
BHPian

Congrats Raghu,

I have driven the ANHC and it instantly put a smile on my face. Even I have been driving the Santro Xing for the past 4 years, and driving the ANHC is like moving couple of years forward. Its a low maintanence car. Thats for sure.

Enjoy and drive safe. Cheers.!!!
Old 18th February 2010, 13:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameern.85 View Post
Congrats Raghu,

I have driven the ANHC and it instantly put a smile on my face. Even I have been driving the Santro Xing for the past 4 years, and driving the ANHC is like moving couple of years forward. Its a low maintanence car. Thats for sure.

Enjoy and drive safe. Cheers.!!!
Thanks Sameer.

I echo with you, it's a great feeling.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:41   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I think you didn't get what I meant.

I thought since the truck(er) is responsible for the flying rock from under its wheels, shouldn't his insurance company be paying for your cars windscreen damage?
Old 18th February 2010, 14:53   #41
BHPian

Have driven mine for 10K kms now and the shifting from higher gears to 2nd gear still persists. It has been adjusted (clutch bleeding done) in all 3 services so far; but the problem returns after a while. Must say, didnt find this issue on the test drive car which had done around 6k kms then.

Also drive an i10 and there is no such issue, infact the gear shift is much smoother overall.
Old 18th February 2010, 15:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I think you didn't get what I meant.

I thought since the truck(er) is responsible for the flying rock from under its wheels, shouldn't his insurance company be paying for your cars windscreen damage?
Oh, I thought the otherway.

It was not his fault either, NH7 is under construction at lot of places and concrete is just thrown on the road in few areas. I didn't bother to stop or make a note of anything.

At the time it hit, we didn't had a crack only during the course of further driving to Bangalore, it got increased and as of now it stopped.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this, but its all in the game. Seems to be you are munching miles too early.

BTW Did you claim insurance for the WS?
A$$ says different quotes for squeezing money from the insurance company or could be from the customer as well. Good that you had a quote from other A$$.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
This is my observation: If you keep the car idle for a long time (1 or 2 days) and use it, immediately u'll feel that getting it to 2nd gear from higher gears is a challenge, after you run through changing gears few times it will smoothen up.
My personal opinion is it will get better over time
Hey jayanth,

i dont have any such issues with the shifting of gears. My car was recently parked for about two weeks since i was travelling. On return, i am using it without any such probelms.

Its little surprsing that few other have also been complaining about the same.

I feel it needs a thorough check up though.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Sorry to hear this, but its all in the game. Seems to be you are munching miles too early.

BTW Did you claim insurance for the WS?
A$$ says different quotes for squeezing money from the insurance company or could be from the customer as well. Good that you had a quote from other A$$.
Yes, I would go with insurance, Iam just expecting WE to provide me a WS with "H" logo, else might go with Honda guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks