Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 18:56   #166
BHPian

Re: Tyre Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
One more thing, my LF tyre allways needs a check and inflate (it's the one which dips to lower side) than compared to the other three. What could be the reason?
Raghu, most probably you have a nail in your LF tyre. If you want to check on the way back from office, the tyre repair guy on Hosur Road just before Nice Road entry ramp might be the closest.
Old 12th January 2011, 19:04   #167
BHPian

Re: Tyre Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Raghu, most probably you have a nail in your LF tyre. If you want to check on the way back from office, the tyre repair guy on Hosur Road just before Nice Road entry ramp might be the closest.
Thanks LB,

But the problem is it happened already thrice. Twice I got the tyre checked for any signs of puncture and outcome was -ve.

I have a long drive planned tomorrow, would for sure get it checked on my way back. Do you have any idea till what time they are open?

Cheers
Raghu
Old 12th January 2011, 19:55   #168
BHPian

Re: Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...

Raghu,

The problem will be with the filling valve.It would be worn out.

Check for this. You will have to replace it with new one. Cost was 50 bucks when i got it replaced to one of my cars.
Old 13th February 2011, 09:29   #169
BHPian

Madhu's Enterprises

Hi All,

Got Wheel Balancing and Alignment done at Madhu's Enterprises Langford road yesterday, last time I got it done was at 15k mark and it's 22K+ KM on my ODO, had to get it done.

I would highly recommend this place, there is a specific thread on this, I could only see +ves of this place and would for sure be my fixed spot for the wheel checkups.

Bill amount was : 550 INR (amount after 20% discount for TBHPIANS) this includes Alignment and Balancing (180 gms added).

300 INR for alignment and 90INR for 100gms weight,

What Dakshin Honda Charged me for (during my 15k checkup)

to help you guys compare let me put the amount Dealer took from me

10gm -> 2Nos -> 219.10 INR
15gm -> 1Nos -> 140.06 INR
20gm -> 3Nos -> 361.24 INR
35gm -> 2Nos -> 302.00 INR
40gm -> 2Nos -> 317.80 INR
Screw/Tapping -> 269.44 INR don't know what is this (mentioned 3Nos in the same column as for Wheel balancing)

All the above prices are inclusive of 13.5% LST

400 INR for Wheel alignment
375 INR for Wheel Balancing (apart from weights).

+ tax on labour (10.30% + additional LST).
Old 13th February 2011, 16:43   #170
BHPian

Re: Madhu's Enterprises

Quote:
Hi All,

Got Wheel Balancing and Alignment done at Madhu's Enterprises Langford road yesterday, last time I got it done was at 15k mark and it's 22K+ KM on my ODO, had to get it done.

Bill amount was : 550 INR (amount after 20% discount for TBHPIANS) this includes Alignment and Balancing (180 gms added).

300 INR for alignment and 90INR for 100gms weight,

What Dakshin Honda Charged me for (during my 15k checkup)

to help you guys compare let me put the amount Dealer took from me

Screw/Tapping -> 269.44 INR don't know what is this (mentioned 3Nos in the same column as for Wheel balancing)

Raghu,
I recollect that you have a S-MT but switched to Honda OE alloys right.
What type of weights were used by Madhu and Dakshin? (Clip type/Sticker type) and what material were they made of?
Did they screw/tap the alloy rims while fixing the weights at Dakshin?
If you have done alignment and balancing at 15k KM, then why did you have to do again at 22k KM?
Usually these works are done in an interval of 10k KM.
Did you do 5 wheel balancing and rotate the tires on both the occasions?
Of course I have heard so much about Madhu's and NihilB and sure they are professionals in their field.

HC
Old 14th February 2011, 10:57   #171
BHPian

Re: Madhu's Enterprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Raghu,
I recollect that you have a S-MT but switched to Honda OE alloys right.
HC
Yes.

Quote:
What type of weights were used by Madhu and Dakshin? (Clip type/Sticker type) and what material were they made of?
HC
Clip type were used only when I got the alloys fitted for the first time, else it were stickers both at Madhu's and Dakshin.

Quote:
Did they screw/tap the alloy rims while fixing the weights at Dakshin?
HC
Not sure about this.

Quote:
If you have done alignment and balancing at 15k KM, then why did you have to do again at 22k KM?
Usually these works are done in an interval of 10k KM.
HC
I normally do lot of highway drivings and my wheels take a hit on some occasions, steering was pulling on to left side and I felt a need.

Quote:
Did you do 5 wheel balancing and rotate the tires on both the occasions?
Of course I have heard so much about Madhu's and NihilB and sure they are professionals in their field.
HC
One is still a steel wheel, so I get all four checked and rotated everytime.
Old 15th February 2011, 19:52   #172
BHPian

Bulbs Upgraded

Finally I could upgrade the bulbs, had been to KR PURAM this evening for some personal work, had time and hence a visit to Whitefield Honda.

Contacted Manjunath for the same and got them installed,

Specs:

They didn't had OSRAM in stock.

Philips Xtreme Power
12V
60/55W
H4

Price:

1200 INR
110 Labour Charges

Got a free car wash

Advantages as of now:

> Brighter light
> Range has increased, yet to test it in all the driving conditions.

Need to check on the heating of the headlight after this upgrade.

Pics

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_5404.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_5405.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_5407.jpg

Last edited by raghu230506 : 15th February 2011 at 20:01.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:24   #173
BHPian

Re: Bulbs Upgraded

Quote:
Hi All,

Hi Raghu,

Its pointless to compare between the two. Honda is way over-priced. If one prefers getting wheel alignment and balancing done outside for every 5k kms instead of 10k kms, they would still end up paying almost half of what Honda charges.

Quote:
Finally I could upgrade the bulbs, had been to KR PURAM this evening for some personal work, had time and hence a visit to Whitefield Honda.

Need to check on the heating of the headlight after this upgrade.
Good to hear about this upgrade. I will look-out for your feedback regarding heat dissipation and actual improvement in terms of range and vision during night driving, esp on highways.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 10th March 2011, 08:59   #174
BHPian

Re: Bulbs Upgraded

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi Raghu,

Its pointless to compare between the two. Honda is way over-priced. If one prefers getting wheel alignment and balancing done outside for every 5k kms instead of 10k kms, they would still end up paying almost half of what Honda charges.
+1, it was just added for comparison in case one thinks to get it done from dealer even in case of urgency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Good to hear about this upgrade. I will look-out for your feedback regarding heat dissipation and actual improvement in terms of range and vision during night driving, esp on highways.

Regards,
Kalyan
Range has considerably improved, I no longer need a high beam. Moron with unnecessary high beam, a flick makes him blind forcing to lower.

It really added additional 25meters as claimed in setting "0". But I felt it would for sure block the vision of others in this case and hence using it at "2" within the city limits and "1/0" when Iam on highway.

Heat is one thing that Iam really concerned about, it get's heated very quick. Hope it doesn't damage anything in long run. But for sure need to re-check with the dealer. I never checked the heat dissipation with OE bulbs to really compare, may be I might need to revert them to check.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2011, 19:08   #175
BHPian

Coming back to your post after a few weeks. Thanks for the information provided. It appears that the ANHC is quite high on maintainence costs. For example your paid service cost you Rs 8,000/- plus. Add yearly insurance cover of arond Rs 26,000/-.

I have a Wagon R LPG for city rides. But this means that my ANHC is under utilised.

Also finally, have you upgraded your headlights? For me that is a big issue.

Rgds

Nandu Chitnis
Old 10th March 2011, 22:17   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Coming back to your post after a few weeks. Thanks for the information provided. It appears that the ANHC is quite high on maintainence costs. For example your paid service cost you Rs 8,000/- plus. Add yearly insurance cover of arond Rs 26,000/-.

I have a Wagon R LPG for city rides. But this means that my ANHC is under utilised.

Also finally, have you upgraded your headlights? For me that is a big issue.

Rgds

Nandu Chitnis
It was 20k service, 8k includes break pads replacement, in general parts are priced high at Honda. As long as you don't need to change anything the bills should be fine else it would be north.

Insurance in my case was 16k, Iam not sure what are you referring to as 26k. The first one didn't cost more than 22k for me.

I did upgrade the headlights, I went with the same specs but PHILIPS bulbs and so far Iam happy with the range but not with the amount of heat it generates.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 10th March 2011 at 22:19.
Old 21st March 2011, 20:06   #177
BHPian

Best FE figures I ever got

Hi All,

I had to be in Chennai for a family occasion, with excellent roads, driving between 90-110 see what I could achieve

Sorry for pics quality

BLR - MAA
Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-img00434201103170609.jpg

MAA - BLR
Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-img00435201103170611.jpg

I got an average FE of 20 KMPL for my round trip

I wish to rip IVTEC on such a great highways but this time my aim was just to check what best I can get from ANHC.

As well I used the upgraded headlights first time on highways and boy they are must, guys doing lot of highway drives get it done.

My ride is closing for 25k service this month, so far it's been a wonderful journey.
Old 21st March 2011, 20:13   #178
Senior - BHPian

That’s some good mileage figures you have achieved with your ANHC, Max I got is 16 KMPL.
Will upgrading to superior headlights like Philips or Osram void warranty? Also how your car’s brake pad got wear out so early?
Old 21st March 2011, 23:16   #179
BHPian

Re: Best FE figures I ever got

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Will upgrading to superior headlights like Philips or Osram void warranty? Also how your car’s brake pad got wear out so early?
The one Raghu has Upgraded is Philips Xtreme Power, it is the same wattage as the stock bulb wattage i.e. 60/55. These bulbs have more focussed light throw so they are bright. Being of same wattage means they dont viod the warranty at the same time they are street legal.

Upgrading to more wattage like 100/90 or 130/100 (doesn't matter Philips or Osram) voids the electrical warrantly at the same time they are not street legal.

About the brakepads: I think its one os the checklist items for 20K servicing (please correct, I may be wrong here).

Quote:
Hi All,

I had to be in Chennai for a family occasion, with excellent roads, driving between 90-110 see what I could achieve

I got an average FE of 20 KMPL for my round trip

I wish to rip IVTEC on such a great highways but this time my aim was just to check what best I can get from ANHC.

My ride is closing for 25k service this month, so far it's been a wonderful journey.
Raghu, those are very good mileage figures...Great!
I am sure it can be still improvised.

In December I was on Pune-Mumbai expressway round trip, I tried both these extremes.

Pune-to-Mumbai very sane driving in between 2250-3000 RPM translating to 70-110 KMph I could manage 23.10 KMPL.

Return trip Mumbai-to-Pune insane driving in between 3500-5000 RPM translating 165 KMph, ripping the i-VTEC could still manage 15.1 KMPL.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 21st March 2011 at 23:25.
Old 22nd March 2011, 06:58   #180
BHPian

Re: Best FE figures I ever got

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
The one Raghu has Upgraded is Philips Xtreme Power, it is the same wattage as the stock bulb wattage i.e. 60/55. These bulbs have more focussed light throw so they are bright. Being of same wattage means they dont viod the warranty at the same time they are street legal.

Upgrading to more wattage like 100/90 or 130/100 (doesn't matter Philips or Osram) voids the electrical warrantly at the same time they are not street legal.

About the brakepads: I think its one os the checklist items for 20K servicing (please correct, I may be wrong here).
this upgrade was done at the dealer and it's as per norms so won't void warranty.

Regarding break pads, it all depends on your driving style. With lot of sudden breaking (I did them a lot on my various highways because of surprises) and stop and go traffic in Bangalore also adds to it.

I was hearing a noise in some angle and inclination and hence went for a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Raghu, those are very good mileage figures...Great!
I am sure it can be still improvised.

In December I was on Pune-Mumbai expressway round trip, I tried both these extremes.

Pune-to-Mumbai very sane driving in between 2250-3000 RPM translating to 70-110 KMph I could manage 23.10 KMPL.

Return trip Mumbai-to-Pune insane driving in between 3500-5000 RPM translating 165 KMph, ripping the i-VTEC could still manage 15.1 KMPL.
+1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks