Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 10:14   #91
BHPian

AC switch heats up

Hi All,

Had been on a long drive yesterday as I was getting bored at home, AC was on all the way, after around 1hr of non-stop driving I intended to turn off the AC then I felt heat on my finger.

It's not high but can be felt, it's only on the light illumination on the switch rest every where I couldn't feel the heat. I checked entire console, they were quite cool except for this switch.

Would take it to dealer sometime this week, did someone felt the same? what could be the reason?

Cheers
Raghu
Old 6th September 2010, 11:10   #92
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi All,

Had been on a long drive yesterday as I was getting bored at home, AC was on all the way, after around 1hr of non-stop driving I intended to turn off the AC then I felt heat on my finger.

It's not high but can be felt, it's only on the light illumination on the switch rest every where I couldn't feel the heat. I checked entire console, they were quite cool except for this switch.

Would take it to dealer sometime this week, did someone felt the same? what could be the reason?

Cheers
Raghu
Observed the same, but its not something alarming or to worry about i feel. I am not sure of the reason, but sense that as usual where the switch is, heat is more than the other areas.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:16   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Observed the same, but its not something alarming or to worry about i feel. I am not sure of the reason, but sense that as usual where the switch is, heat is more than the other areas.
Oh, so it seems to be a common thing. Anyways let me show it to SA, and hear what does they say.
Old 6th September 2010, 13:48   #94
BHPian

Inconsistent Wiper Speed!!

Hi

I have been noticing the same while driving these days. The wipers at normal speed setting suddenly seem to run slower for say 15 sec then back again to thier required speed. Is the car not able to take the load of the a/c , wiper and sometimes rear defrost ??
Old 6th September 2010, 14:29   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Cheers
Raghu

Raghu, this does not happen on my ANHC. Though I haven't been on a long drive yet. Within the city, we have done like 60 odd kms at a stretch(say 1.5 - 2 hours of drive) and with AC on all the while.

While I believe that warming-up of the button may be normal because of the electric circuit or the LED, heating up surely does not sound fine. I think its better to get a perspective from the SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

I have been noticing the same while driving these days. The wipers at normal speed setting suddenly seem to run slower for say 15 sec then back again to thier required speed. Is the car not able to take the load of the a/c , wiper and sometimes rear defrost ??
Amidoc, I have not observed this happen on my ANHC thus far. These days, due to showers, I have been needing to use the wiper, rear defogger and the head lamps quite regularly in the evenings and I ply with the music system and the AC running at all times. In my opinion, you should ask your Honda SA to take a look at the issue and try to replicate/ resolve it.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 6th September 2010 at 14:36.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:45   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

Hi Amidoc,

I never faced any issues with Wiper so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Raghu, this does not happen on my ANHC. Though I haven't been on a long drive yet. Within the city, we have done like 60 odd kms at a stretch(say 1.5 - 2 hours of drive) and with AC on all the while.

While I believe that warming-up of the button may be normal because of the electric circuit or the LED, heating up surely does not sound fine. I think its better to get a perspective from the SA.
Thanks Kalyan,

For sure would get it checked, even Iam curious to know why AC switch alone heats up, rest of the switches on the entire dash and steering wheel were cold.
Old 6th September 2010, 18:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For sure would get it checked, even Iam curious to know why AC switch alone heats up, rest of the switches on the entire dash and steering wheel were cold.
I have never faced any issue with the wiper.
I have also observed the siwtch bit warmer than the rest of the center console. It might be bacause, there is a series resistor with the switch which might be getting heated as A/C draws current. But i am not sure.
Old 13th September 2010, 16:07   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Kalyan,

It only happens when lights are on, check it sometime when you use AC with lights on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I have never faced any issue with the wiper.
I have also observed the siwtch bit warmer than the rest of the center console. It might be bacause, there is a series resistor with the switch which might be getting heated as A/C draws current. But i am not sure.
I SV, I didn't visit the dealer but called the SA. According to him this is known, reasons he told me

> Circuit right behind the switch.
> Caused because of Blue bulb, it generates more heat than compared to the orange one used on the entire panel.
Old 13th September 2010, 18:53   #99
BHPian

Unfortunate Incident and a bad day

Hi All,

Was not in a mood to work because of long weekend hangover, left office at 4:00 PM to have a feel of Vento.

A visit to VW Bangalore (Hosur Road) ended up in a disaster for my ride, while exiting from the parking lot, didn't notice the pillar behind and rear took a beat.

I was not sure how it happened, but could only hear a big bang, I come out to see the impact and it was a horrific scene for me. Iam not sure why the reverse sensor didn't sense it, or may be it was destined to be hit.

Drove directly to Dakshin to get it fixed. Things that need attention

> Tail lamp to be replaced.
> Left Quater panel needs tinkering and paint job.
> Rear bumper needs a paint job.
> Left Skirt needs a check and fix.

Was looking to get it fixed directly from dealer then thought why not get the quote from insurance guy too. Following are the quotes received

Dealer - 11k + taxes
Insurance - 10k (2500 to be paid from my pocket). Labour charge and rest are free.

I couldn't leave the car today as I need to find an alternate mode to reach work. Yet to decide whether to go with insurance or no. I already claimed insurance for windshield replacement, anyways would not be eligible for an NCB, but looking at the amount Iam supposed to shell Iam still thinking.

Guys what would you suggest?

I would anyways leave the car for fixing it tomorrow morning, I can only collect the car after 3-4days.

Let's pic's do the talking

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car1.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car2.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car3.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car4.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car5.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car6.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car7.jpg
Old 13th September 2010, 19:58   #100
BHPian

Raghu,
very unfortunate to hear and see the pics. Looks like City didn't like you taking a look at the vento, already enveous.
I would suggest claim the insurence, since you have already lost the NCB when you claimed for windshield. I am concerned as to why you will have to pay 2.5k from your pocket. The processing fee is Rs. 500.

When you get it fixed, make sure to tell them that there should not be any panel gap in the bumper.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 13th September 2010 at 20:02.
Old 13th September 2010, 21:15   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Raghu,
very unfortunate to hear and see the pics. Looks like City didn't like you taking a look at the vento, already enveous.
I would suggest claim the insurence, since you have already lost the NCB when you claimed for windshield. I am concerned as to why you will have to pay 2.5k from your pocket. The processing fee is Rs. 500.

When you get it fixed, make sure to tell them that there should not be any panel gap in the bumper.
Hi Jayanth,

Indeed, I still couldn't believe it all happened.

Even Iam inclined towards claiming insurance, just asked SA if they could meet the quotes given by insurance guys and to my surprise they agreed for everything, but additional taxes would be applicable

I had been told by the agent from insurance that 50% of the amount would only be provided for the tail lamp (parts). Hence 1.2k is for the tail lamp, 800 for some consumables, 500 for processing fee.

I would leave the car with the dealer tomorrow, SA ensured he would make sure it's done to my satisfaction.
Old 13th September 2010, 21:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raghu,

very unfortunate incident. get it repaired asap.
i have observed that the reverse sesor system some times does not identify thinner obstecles, especially if they are diagonal to the sensor (i.e. not within the field of the radition or if in certain angles)

while reversing i ensure that i always see the rear view mirros + side mirrors as well as hear the sound form the reverse parking sensor system.
Old 13th September 2010, 21:45   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Raghu,

very unfortunate incident. get it repaired asap.
i have observed that the reverse sesor system some times does not identify thinner obstecles, especially if they are diagonal to the sensor (i.e. not within the field of the radition or if in certain angles)

while reversing i ensure that i always see the rear view mirros + side mirrors as well as hear the sound form the reverse parking sensor system.
Hi SV,

Yes, leaving the car tomorrow.

Looking at the position pillar hit the bumper and the quater panel I get the feeling that it was not sensed properly by the sensor. Since my sensor is placed on the left side of the dash I was keenly looking only at the side mirrors and this was completely out of my visibility, had I had a look at rear view mirror this incident would have not occurred.

I would ask the dealer to move the sensor on top of rear view mirror during this service.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 14th September 2010, 09:41   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SV,

Yes, leaving the car tomorrow.

Looking at the position pillar hit the bumper and the quater panel I get the feeling that it was not sensed properly by the sensor. Since my sensor is placed on the left side of the dash I was keenly looking only at the side mirrors and this was completely out of my visibility, had I had a look at rear view mirror this incident would have not occurred.

I would ask the dealer to move the sensor on top of rear view mirror during this service.

Cheers
Raghu
It happened to me as well where in I was about to bang someone just behind the car, the tendency is to look at both sideview mirrors and not the middle one. Now I make it a point to see all three.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:48   #105
BHPian

Raghu,

Sorry to hear about this incident. It was sad to look at the pics. I hope all the damage is taken care of by the SA.

As others, I would also suggest you to claim insurance on this since you have already lost the NCB for the year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks