Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 10:49   #121
BHPian

Raghu well done. My friends have used the Honda City for 6 yrs and quite happy and have brought Civics but not sold their old Cities. Some comments say "Overpriced" yes Honda Brand costs at least Rs 1 lakh! So far so good for me after 10,000 kms on the road. Enjoy the drive.

How did he get Team BHP on his number plate?

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2010 at 12:33. Reason: Back to back post, please EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
Old 10th November 2010, 15:41   #122
BHPian

Congrats Raghu on completion of one year of Owenship. Wishing you many more years and miles of happy driving.

Did you do any paint protection treatment for external body?

Once you upgrade the head lamps, please post pictures and details.
Old 10th November 2010, 16:19   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Raghu well done. My friends have used the Honda City for 6 yrs and quite happy and have brought Civics but not sold their old Cities. Some comments say "Overpriced" yes Honda Brand costs at least Rs 1 lakh! So far so good for me after 10,000 kms on the road. Enjoy the drive.

How did he get Team BHP on his number plate?
Thanks Nandu, well said. Enjoy your ride too. It's a sticker from TBHP merchandise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Congrats Raghu on completion of one year of Owenship. Wishing you many more years and miles of happy driving.

Did you do any paint protection treatment for external body?

Once you upgrade the head lamps, please post pictures and details.
Thanks Ram, I did get a 3M paint protection few months ago, posted pics in the same post. Need a revisit as promised by the guy after 6months, got to call him sometime this month.

Sure would update once upgraded.
Old 10th November 2010, 17:11   #124
BHPian

Thanks StarVB, Raghu, Thats good news indeed. I will get this upgraded on Saturday at the dealership. Would you know the wattage and if a relay is required, I would suppose it is needed with the additional rating. Cheers, Uday.
Old 10th November 2010, 17:29   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Thanks StarVB, Raghu, Thats good news indeed. I will get this upgraded on Saturday at the dealership. Would you know the wattage and if a relay is required, I would suppose it is needed with the additional rating. Cheers, Uday.
Hi Uday,

Iam sure relay is required. Iam not sure if all the dealers would agree to upgrade

Biju (B103) upgraded bulbs without relays at Whitefield Honda (same specs as OE bulbs but OSRAM made if I could recollect). Dakshin turned down my request for the same.

Better check it out at WF Honda.

Cheers
Old 10th November 2010, 17:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It is just Plug N Play: No relay is needed

I do not remember the wattage. I know it is Philips Extreem range of bulbs. Beam lenght is 50 mters. I am currently in Delhi and hence i am not able to confirm the wattage. i will do so sometime on saturday (if you still want it)

I suggest that you visit Whitefiled motors and there is a display at the entry to the customer lounge where they have displayed range of upgrades. You can chek out the head lamp bulbs also.
Old 10th November 2010, 21:01   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Biju (B103) upgraded bulbs without relays at Whitefield Honda (same specs as OE bulbs but OSRAM made if I could recollect). Dakshin turned down my request for the same.
Better check it out at WF Honda.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I suggest that you visit Whitefiled motors and there is a display at the entry to the customer lounge where they have displayed range of upgrades. You can chek out the head lamp bulbs also.
Thanks, Raghu, I checked at DH and they said they are not aware of this upgrade, asked me to call tomorrow to reconfirm.

StarVB: As you have suggested, will check at WH tomorrow (since it is on my way to office).

Appreciate your prompt responses buddies..
Old 16th November 2010, 17:24   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Raghu, I checked at DH and they said they are not aware of this upgrade, asked me to call tomorrow to reconfirm.

StarVB: As you have suggested, will check at WH tomorrow (since it is on my way to office).

Appreciate your prompt responses buddies..
Hi Uday,

Any updates from your visit to WH?

Did you get the headlights upgraded?

Cheers
Raghu
Old 16th November 2010, 21:54   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Uday,

Any updates from your visit to WH?

Did you get the headlights upgraded?

Cheers
Raghu
Not yet Raghu, have not been able to go to WH. Might go there on Thu. DH was very clear that they wont change the lights.
Cheers
Uday
Old 17th November 2010, 10:58   #130
BHPian

Only thing Showrooms will do is to upgrade bulbs to Osram NB or Philips Extreme, they both have wattage on 55/60W, which has better throw than normal bulbs, but are costly and has less life.

Showrooms will not upgrade with Relay to 90/100W, which is illegal and most people get it done outside.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:13   #131
BHPian

Guys,

I need car mounting kit to hold my 7" media player, I tried searching in almost all the shops near by and couldn't get it.

Can anyone suggest which would be the best place to get it?

Thanks
Old 17th November 2010, 14:13   #132
BHPian

Raghu,
Congratulations on your first anniversary and wishing you many more miles and smiles with ANHC.
You really seem to munch miles much faster. Though my car is 2 months old, my mileage is not worth writing about. Primarily I use WagonR for the daily commute and ANHC for the family outing !
I was at Olympia Honda and was inquiring about upgrading the headlights.
They are unaware of Philips extreme or Osram bulbs, only thing they kept saying is that Honda has provided the bulbs according to the law and any upgrade with electrical circuit change would void the warranty
Will have to struggle with this issue and plan to contact other dealers, but not much hope.

HC
Old 17th November 2010, 14:22   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet Raghu, have not been able to go to WH. Might go there on Thu. DH was very clear that they wont change the lights.
Cheers
Uday
Keep us posted. I think I would visit WH this weekend for an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Only thing Showrooms will do is to upgrade bulbs to Osram NB or Philips Extreme, they both have wattage on 55/60W, which has better throw than normal bulbs, but are costly and has less life.

Showrooms will not upgrade with Relay to 90/100W, which is illegal and most people get it done outside.
Shamanth, I feel it's worth to try an upgrade to Philips, even if it's add few more meters that should be fine. It's worth to try before adding relays and upgrading to higher watt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Raghu,
Congratulations on your first anniversary and wishing you many more miles and smiles with ANHC.
You really seem to munch miles much faster. Though my car is 2 months old, my mileage is not worth writing about. Primarily I use WagonR for the daily commute and ANHC for the family outing !
I was at Olympia Honda and was inquiring about upgrading the headlights.
They are unaware of Philips extreme or Osram bulbs, only thing they kept saying is that Honda has provided the bulbs according to the law and any upgrade with electrical circuit change would void the warranty
Will have to struggle with this issue and plan to contact other dealers, but not much hope.
HC
Thanks HC, even in Bangalore not all dealers are allowing this upgrade, as of now only 1 among three is doing it officially (just bulb upgrade).
Old 17th November 2010, 14:35   #134
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The ANHC OEM bulbs i feel are practically useless except in the city. Highway driving with them i found to be highly risky.

Just upgraded a few months ago to an original Philips HID kit, highly recommended for safety on highways at night ! My previous experience on our Swift has shown that all these bulbs (xtrem power, nightbreakers, diamond vision, crystal vision) just offer incremental increases. 100/90 over time will burn the reflectors too.

During the last service a few weeks ago, there was a problem with one of the wiper motors, which was replaced under warranty, no questions asked.

This is in spite of all the wiring, ballasts etc being clearly visible under the hood. Point to note is that the HID kit was fixed without any cutting of original wiring, nor any drilling done anywhere on the body to fit the ballasts !
Old 17th November 2010, 14:36   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Keep us posted. I think I would visit WH this weekend for an upgrade.

Shamanth, I feel it's worth to try an upgrade to Philips, even if it's add few more meters that should be fine. It's worth to try before adding relays and upgrading to higher watt.

Thanks HC, even in Bangalore not all dealers are allowing this upgrade, as of now only 1 among three is doing it officially (just bulb upgrade).
White field Honda is upgrading bulbs to Osram Night breaker, but they don't have Philips stocked. They price it at Rs 900 for each bulb.

Yes Philips extremer is much cheaper and more VFM even though Night breaker is best in its class.

As long as you are upgrading with 55/60W no need to get it done only in Service center, its just like replacing any bulb no question of warranty and all, you can buy it anywhere and you can fit it yourself.

@nirmaljusdoit

100/90W has no effect on reflectors, no one from T-BHP has reported such problem. There are question about 100/130W but not 90/100W which is safe. I have used in my Zen for 5 years and ANHC for 1 year without any issues.

Last edited by shamanth : 17th November 2010 at 14:40.

Most Viewed