Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 10:56   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
It happened to me as well where in I was about to bang someone just behind the car, the tendency is to look at both sideview mirrors and not the middle one. Now I make it a point to see all three.
Hi Jayanth,

Lesson learnt hard way in my case

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Raghu,

Sorry to hear about this incident. It was sad to look at the pics. I hope all the damage is taken care of by the SA.

As others, I would also suggest you to claim insurance on this since you have already lost the NCB for the year.
Kalyan,

Thanks, left the car today at the dealer for fixing it up. It's promised to fix it up as new. I went ahead and triggered the process through insurance itself.
Old 14th September 2010, 13:43   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Thanks, left the car today at the dealer for fixing it up. It's promised to fix it up as new.
Hey Raghu, that is really painful to see, but the tinkering team at Dakshin is pretty good (I too had banged into an 'invisible' obstacle in my NHC and the SA took care of it pretty well). BTW speak to the SA and have him do a touch up of all other scratches within the quoted amount, that way you have some consolation too.
Cheers
Uday
Old 14th September 2010, 15:17   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Hey Raghu, that is really painful to see, but the tinkering team at Dakshin is pretty good (I too had banged into an 'invisible' obstacle in my NHC and the SA took care of it pretty well). BTW speak to the SA and have him do a touch up of all other scratches within the quoted amount, that way you have some consolation too.
Cheers
Uday
Uday, thanks for the response. I have never done body work on any of my cars so far. I was wondering how the results would be, but looking at your response Iam bit settled.

I asked SA if he can touch up, they told me it would be a brush touch up after the completion of job and body wash. Is that the same thing done to your car too.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 14th September 2010 at 15:18.
Old 14th September 2010, 16:10   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Uday, thanks for the response. I have never done body work on any of my cars so far. I was wondering how the results would be, but looking at your response Iam bit settled.

I asked SA if he can touch up, they told me it would be a brush touch up after the completion of job and body wash. Is that the same thing done to your car too.
Yes they do a brush touch up, but if the scratches are deep then brush touch wont suffice. Assuming they have done a proper check and feel that brush touch up should be enough. Can you PM me the name of the SA who is handling your case pls?
Old 18th September 2010, 19:56   #110
BHPian

Hi All,

Got a call from SA on Friday at 10:00AM, Sir car is ready and can be picked up at 3:30 PM.

Reached showroom at 4:00 PM, I was made to wait for 10min. I didn't want to pay unless I see the car. It was a good feeling to see the car rear back without dents, broken tail lamp and scratches. But the work done was not up to the mark.

As mentioned by Uday, I agree tinkering was done to the best. But, other things were messed up.

There were gaps both at the bumper and tail lamp, as well the impact made some wrinkles on the paint on bumper near the boot lid. It was told to me that it would be gone in paint job. But didn't. Meanwhile their manager Muneer was around and was seeking my feedback, he acknowledged the concerns and asked me to wait for another 15mins to fix it up.

It was only after an hour I got the car, I gave a feedback to Muneer. I would expect you inspect the work for quality and then only call us to pick the car. He accepted the mistake, but I know nothing would change, but it was to be told so I did.

I could see all the concerns were addressed, paint touch up done for second time didn't dry completely as it was raining and they promised me to give a polish for free next time I leave the car for servicing.

I paid the bill and left

Total Invoice amount: 11960 INR
Amount I paid: 2500 INR (50% price for Tail lamp, consumables, handling charges)

Initial Pics: I didn't take pics after fixing my initial concerns as it was raining heavily.
Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car001.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car002.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car003.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-car004.jpg

Last edited by raghu230506 : 18th September 2010 at 20:01.
Old 19th September 2010, 10:30   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Got a call from SA on Friday at 10:00AM, Sir car is ready and can be picked up at 3:30 PM.

I could see all the concerns were addressed, paint touch up done for second time didn't dry completely as it was raining and they promised me to give a polish for free next time I leave the car for servicing.
Hey Raghu, good to know that your car is back and most of your concerns have been addressed. Good Luck and drive safe.

I had been there yesterday for the 3rd service and got to know that your car had been picked up on Friday itself.

Cheers,
Uday
Old 20th September 2010, 09:00   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Raghu, good to know that your car is back and most of your concerns have been addressed. Good Luck and drive safe.

I had been there yesterday for the 3rd service and got to know that your car had been picked up on Friday itself.

Cheers,
Uday
Oops missed to catch you up, next time for sure.

I observed still a gap in rear bumper, called Muneer and it says it's expected since it's fiber body

I told him I can't live with it and need a fix, hopes this get's completely resolved in my next visit.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 20th September 2010, 12:19   #113
BHPian

Raghu, good that the issue is fixed. Getting the gap fixed is a nightmare. Make sure to get that fixed as well.
Old 21st September 2010, 17:33   #114
BHPian

From the pics, the car looks in great shape(minus the bumper gap). I hope the same will be rectified the next time. Do read on what was done on StarVB's car(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2020596) to fix the bumper gap. You can suggest the same to your SA.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:24   #115
BHPian

An year of delight

Time just flies, we still couldn't believe our ANHC turned 1 year this Nov 6th. It had to be alone in the basement as I was on a vacation to Lakshadweep (travelogue pending) and then Diwali in my hometown Hyderabad.

Experience so far:

Apart from few instances like windshield crack and rear hit it's been wonderful experience.

Car never disappointed, it allways made me think and plan for an highway drive one after another. It's sheer pleasure to drive this both in City and on highways.

Total Km on ODO as of today: 18680KM (75% is on the highways)

Service Expenses

First @ 1000km : 0 INR
Second @ 6000km : 854 INR (Mineral Oil)
Third @ 9850 Km : 2554 INR (Opted Synthetic Oil)
Fourth @ 14840 : 3725 INR (Just for Wheel balancing & Align)

FE

As stated and pointed by many ANHC it's directly dependent on the driving style. Apart from initial month it allways gave me a better FE which I was looking for

CITY : 13 - 14 KMPL
HIGHWAY : 16 - 19 KMPL

Fuel Expenses

For few months I was keeping track of the bills, but later skipped it and hence couldn't give precise data. I would try to collect recent months and would update.

Hiccups/Missing things

Not major ones but worth having

> ACC
> Better Headlights, I was intending to upgrade them, but didn't so far.
> Tyre noise from my OE MRF tyres, just waiting to change them.
> Second gear slotting issue is back, I could feel it after 10days of idling it persisted even today. Would bring this to SA notice during my next service.

New Additions

Bought a BMORN BM888 HD player 10 days ago, thanks to StarVegabond pics.

I got it from Ebay Australia for 170 AUD, This was for my daughter, she is found of cartoons and this keeps her busy watching then behind.

Pics are from web as I didn't install it properly in the car, currently it's being hand held while travelling by my daughter, need to get a holder so that I can use the bottle holder place to place it.

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-15_bm888f10.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-bm888-3.jpg

For Product Spec:

Welcome to Usb.brando.com

Last edited by raghu230506 : 9th November 2010 at 11:26.
Old 9th November 2010, 17:57   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Time just flies, we still couldn't believe our ANHC turned 1 year this Nov 6th. It had to be alone in the basement as I was on a vacation to Lakshadweep (travelogue pending) and then Diwali in my hometown Hyderabad.
Congrats Raghu on the successful completion of a wonderful year with your ride. Wishing you many more years and miles of happy motoring. Your new hobby (installing the HD player) would make for interesting reading.

I had a query, have you changed the headlights on your ANHC or are you considering it? I am very keen to get this done...yes even if it means they threaten to void the warranty.

Any suggestions on what would be a good upgrade pls?

Cheers,
Uday
Old 9th November 2010, 19:42   #117
BHPian

Many congratulations on completing one year with your ANHC. You are right about the time, we never know when it leaps by, this December, it would be an year since I bought mine.
Old 9th November 2010, 23:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

@Raghu : congrats to you for completing one year with your ANHC. did you take her for a spin and date ?

i see that you bought a bmorn player for your daughter. just ensure that your daughter does not accidentally drop it. it is very delicate, the one bought by me was accidentally droped by me and the screen got broken into pcs. If possible buy a protective hard casing for the same.

@uday:

Now honda is offering headlamp upgrades officially. I got it done today during by 30KM service. i got Philips Extreem lamps for RS 1200/- for a pair. It was fitted at Whitefield honda itself and also got an official bill for the same.

Now i found the beam is longer (50meters) as well as more brighter. I will check it during my forthcoming long trip.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:02   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Raghu on the successful completion of a wonderful year with your ride. Wishing you many more years and miles of happy motoring. Your new hobby (installing the HD player) would make for interesting reading.

I had a query, have you changed the headlights on your ANHC or are you considering it? I am very keen to get this done...yes even if it means they threaten to void the warranty.

Any suggestions on what would be a good upgrade pls?

Cheers,
Uday
Hi Uday,

Thanks a lot.

Iam yet to upgrade, few in the forum have already done it I need to check and get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Many congratulations on completing one year with your ANHC. You are right about the time, we never know when it leaps by, this December, it would be an year since I bought mine.
Thanks Kalyan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
@Raghu : congrats to you for completing one year with your ANHC. did you take her for a spin and date ?

i see that you bought a bmorn player for your daughter. just ensure that your daughter does not accidentally drop it. it is very delicate, the one bought by me was accidentally droped by me and the screen got broken into pcs. If possible buy a protective hard casing for the same.

@uday:

Now honda is offering headlamp upgrades officially. I got it done today during by 30KM service. i got Philips Extreem lamps for RS 1200/- for a pair. It was fitted at Whitefield honda itself and also got an official bill for the same.

Now i found the beam is longer (50meters) as well as more brighter. I will check it during my forthcoming long trip.
Hi SV, Thanks a lot. There are some long drive plans coming in few weeks now.

Would for sure check for a harder case to ensure it's long run. But I felt it's bit heavy. But I liked the resolution and performance.

Cool, Uday so we can get the headlights upgraded at the dealer itself. Last time I checked with after market guy he quoted the same amount of 1200.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:26   #120
BHPian

Congrats Raghu. I am due to hit the first anniversary mark on 3rd Dec. I can't agree with you more, it's been a peaceful ownership thus far.

@Star,
Did they fit relay kit as well? what is the wattage?

Most Viewed