Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 03:15   #16
BHPian

Congrats Raghu. The colour choice is also nice.

How much did the alloys cost you? Did you buy the alloys later or modified while taking the delivery?

Looking forward to your initial experience details and some pics of the interioirs.
Old 29th January 2010, 04:44   #17
BHPian

Thats a real nice looking car.

Looks beautiful in Red.

Hope you have a lot of fun in it (see you already are actually), Cheers!
Old 29th January 2010, 07:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Many people have this perception. But I get similar FE that you have qouted in my 2008 SX4 with 100 % AC set at 25 C.
Hi PrsKumar,

Thanks a lot.

One of my cousin owns an SX4, as per his records he allways got it in single digits,

as well at the time I was planning to buy, SX4 was available only in the older stocks new engine was due for launch.

Iam hoping to see an improvement in FE after the second service.
Old 29th January 2010, 07:57   #19
BHPian

Hi Monty,

Congratulations, and well to the ANHC club.

I got it done from outside outlet, 3M sun film as per RTO standards, it costed me 3.2k for side and rear. It's single sheet on the rear.
Old 29th January 2010, 08:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
How much did the alloys cost you? Did you buy the alloys later or modified while taking the delivery?
Hi Ram_NP, thanks

Set of 4 alloys costed me 22k, I got it done later.

The only issue I see is the nuts are bit protruded out than compared to the OE fitting of a V-MT model. They are not visible from side, but if you keenly observe they are bit projected than the wheel.

I requested them to change it, but didn't help.

As of now it's not bothering much...
Old 29th January 2010, 13:09   #21
BHPian

Thanks mwzd,

Iam just waiting for another long drive due in Feb.
Old 31st January 2010, 07:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first review on team-BHP,

Mods in list:
  • Ice cool to front windshield
  • Seat covers, would do once the stock ones get’s in to a bad shape.
Hi Raghu, Congratulations on your purchase.
I saw your question on Ice Cool on my ANHC thread last week. Just for an update, I got 3M CR70 on the front screen and it costed me Rs 5500.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I was keen on buying Alloys with 5 spokes only, set of 4 from show room costed me 22k.
You have spent Rs 22k on the alloys and some money on the exhaust pipe finisher. I was wondering why didn't you consider the V MT model as the price difference between S and V MT models was/ is Rs 45k in Bangalore.

Though, (IMHO)apart from the alloys, fog lamps are the only other useful additions in the V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
congrates buddy,
ill be taking delivery of ANHC tommrow in white color. can you give me more details on 3m sunfilm please
Hi monty9991, I also own a ANHC and have recently got 3M sun films on the car(all-around). Please read my thread here(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-silver-4.html) for more details on the films available from 3M. Make sure to take some time and read all the comments and the subsequent posts on the sun films to avoid any confusion.
Old 31st January 2010, 10:13   #23
BHPian

Hello Raghu230506

How did you manage to get genuine alloys at 22k . Local dealers here are quoting 11-12K per alloy which makes it nearly 55K plus for a set of 5.

I see that you have installed parking sensor. Was that install also done from honda showroom our outside. Cost ?
I am planning on getting the same installed on my anhc shortly.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
How did you manage to get genuine alloys at 22k . Local dealers here are quoting 11-12K per alloy which makes it nearly 55K plus for a set of 5.
Hi Manish,

There had been a discount from Honda on Alloy wheels, 7 spokes once were costing 11-12k as you mentioned, the same are now being sold for 30k (set of 4). Accessories list provided by dealer had a price only for 7 spoke ones..

Dealer explained, 5spokes where allways 22k (for set of 4). Please cross check with the dealer on this.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
You have spent Rs 22k on the alloys and some money on the exhaust pipe finisher. I was wondering why didn't you consider the V MT model as the price difference between S and V MT models was/ is Rs 45k in Bangalore.

Though, (IMHO)apart from the alloys, fog lamps are the only other useful additions in the V.
Hi Kalyan,

Initially I wanted to get alloys from outside, but was not sure on the brand being offered to me by the local guys and hence finally had to go with honda.

Ya, it would have been better if I had gone for V at that time...
Old 1st February 2010, 11:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
see that you have installed parking sensor. Was that install also done from honda showroom our outside. Cost ?
I am planning on getting the same installed on my anhc shortly.
I got them from showroom. They charged 3.1k for them after a bargain. It's "Circuit I" brand, just the sensors not with rear lense and monitor.

I heard from my local vendor, it costs 2.6k only if done outside, check if you a regular and genuine vendor. Cross check with showroom guys before, as they allways point to void the insurance on electrical

Last edited by raghu230506 : 1st February 2010 at 11:41. Reason: correction
Old 17th February 2010, 15:45   #27
BHPian

6000k Kms Crunched on my ANHC - Update !!!

Initial review:

My drive has clocked 6000Km as of today

Driving experience so far:

Experience had been thrilling, we were thinking the car is overpriced, but driving it all these days and feeling the experience, we feel its value for money. My entire family is happy about this pride possession, thanks a ton to all team-BHP members and Honda. It's a correct choice.

ABS: had couple of occasion where it really helped in avoiding some collisions.

Folding mirror: On our way to Yelagiri hills, one taxi wala went so close it hit the mirror; it just got folded without any damage.

Overtaking on highways was an ease, handling it is a pleasure.

Tried once to reach at 160kmph on NH7 and this babe handled it so nicely, hearing to the Vtec roar was amazing.

Controls on steering were very handy.

First service:

Exactly on the day it clocked 1000k, it rather was on its way to service center. Managed to be under 2.5k revs and below 80KPH as suggested by service advisor, this was very tough for me, but considered it to be worthy and managed, Wifey always used to cross check and indicate me in case Iam bit over than the mark.

It was pick and drop facility requested from my office, and to my surprise Magnum Honda was right on time!!! I allways had to wait for Hyundai guys earlier with my Santro.

Observations/Complaints I had during the service:
  • Left front door was not aligned properly, it was observed on the second day of my car. I had called them the same day, and they said they would fit it anytime if I can drop in else at the time of first service.

Door was slightly raised then the rear. As per service guy it’s just the alignment issue, I was not sure how a PDI was OK. I was so excited on the day of the delivery, couldn’t manage to look it.
  • Had an issue with my A/C, even if A/C button is not pressed, just the blower used to blow heat/cool air based on the setting.

Was not sure what was the problem, but it got fixed.
  • Down shift of gear from higher to second was not easy, I always had to either try twice or bring the car to complete stall and then shift.

Service advisor told me, this is expected due to a synchronizer (not sure what it is, can someone explain?). He just adjusted some settings of the clutch and it’s fine now.

All issues where rectified, but I doubted the PDI, service supervisor had sent me a copy of the PDI, it has all checked, but I still felt they could have done better.

Bill amount: 0Rs (pick and drop was complimentary after I gave a shot that Iam inclined towards Dakshin, Lady promptly said it would be charged from next time)

Things I liked at Magnum:

Tracking was accurate; they had SMS service which was sending me constant updates for
  • Pick up of the car
  • Arrival at their service station
  • Intermediate stage of the service
  • Approx amount and time when it would be ready
  • Time started from showroom for drop

Second Service:

I fixed it with Dakshin Honda for second service as it’s close to my place and on the way to work.

SA advised me to go for synthetic oil, as proposed by team-bhpians, I sticked to normal, may look it at 10k mark.

Complaints: None

Bill Amount: 854Rs

Iam ok with Dakshin too, as I didn’t face any hurdle in the entire process. I guess I would stick to them for further too.

Fuel Efficiency:

After second service, I feel engine to be much more refined and quite,

My FE has increased as well,

Added things:

Added seat covers yesterday, with kid at the rear seat we had lot of stains. I preferred slip-on than OE fitment as of now so that it can be changed when ever required. Probably would go with OE fitment down the line.

Costed me 6k. I liked the fitting for the front seats and front arm rest, rear should have been better.

Got it done from Sachin Auto Shop in Koramangala, it was from AutoForum/Firm brand.

If it bothers me much, probably would get it replaced soon.

Unfortunate things:

With Wind Shield:

I took off for 10days from work and drove to my home town Hyderabad, while traveling back had a stone coming off from a Lorry in front and I have a crack in my Wind shield, Iam planning to get it replaced, got following quotes
  • WE - 6k including everything, 3hrs for fitment. If I go with insurance only 858rs to be paid.
  • Magnum Honda – 9k, estimated quote, might vary after an inspection. Time for delivery would be 48hrs.
  • Dakshin Honda – 13k, Time for delivery would be 48hrs.

I have read a lot about the work of WE and I would visit them today in Madiwala to fix an appointment, since it’s the same glass make Iam thinking of going with WE.

But, not sure though it they can get a WS with brand logo on it, Iam bit worried about it, else WE is best option (after reading all the reviews in team-BHP).

If someone has a different opinion please suggest appropriate?

Would post a snap soon.

With Rear Bumper:

An enthusiast Santro guy on the way to Mysore banged my ANHC while I was trying to cross a hump, he didn’t judge it (there was a considerable amount of gap he could have used), but applied brakes pretty late, it left a small bruce on the bumper.

Fortunately, just slipped and it got fixed.

Overall:

An Happy ANHC owner.

Mods: Please change the title to "6000k Kms Crunched on my ANHC - Update !!!"
Old 17th February 2010, 15:53   #28
BHPian

My 2 cents : WE is good & reliable & they do a better job then A.S.S. I got the windshield changed on my car (scorpio) after a pile on due to Fog from the a.s.s & within 15 days another incident like yours a small pebble from a swift jumped & cracked my glass. I got it changed from WE this time. Their job was smooth better quality & quick. with out hassles.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:05   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Raghu. Great color indeed if you can maintain it well amidst tough bangalore's traffic menance.

Quote:
  • Dakshin Honda – They didn’t have a TD car on the day I requested for some specific reason, executive Prabhu was friendly but was not ready to talk on any freebies, I didn’t like the way he was approaching.
    Waiting time was almost a month.
I agree with you. When I initially liked his politeness but he failed to follow up. He did eventually call up one day but I had booked the car already, to my surprise he was okay with it. Looks like this gentleman has plenty of orders on hand.

Quote:
  • Good friend of mine own OHC ZX, he bought it from Magnum, I contacted Magnum, Srinivas.B.K was handling my case, and I must say best salesperson I have ever come across. He was ready to provide the car for TD any time anywhere, helped me all the way from booking till delivery. Took TD of ANHC in EC and as well on Kanakpura road. They had our choice in the delivery list due from Honda that week..
Well, Srinivas K.B is one of the sweetest persons that you'll come across as a human being leave alone a sales person. I didn't want go anywhere else except him when I bought the car.

Quote:
I drove OHC ZX quite a lot, it was very quite at low and higher revs, but on the other hand ANHC I felt it could have made better to shield noise. Iam not sure if Iam the only one facing this… but at higher revs, I can hear the roaring noise which I never felt in OHC
I can't agree with you more. If you have driven the OHC-VTEC, which is equivalent to the ANHC in terms of engine, it was even quiter during high revs. On the contrary this car feels more powered (It is infact), a racing car feel and feels assured during high speeds.

Quote:
Ground Clearance:

It’s so bad to hear it crying when ever we crossed breakers, especially those un-realistic ones...

I had nightmares while driving in Mysore, with 5 people and boot fully loaded. It almost scraped all those worst layed breakers… I tried driving cross, but still it hits…

Civic following us were still in bad shape…

Hope no damage had happened. It’s due to service in next month, need to get this checked.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Ground Clearance:

It’s so bad to hear it crying when ever we crossed breakers, especially those un-realistic ones...

I had nightmares while driving in Mysore, with 5 people and boot fully loaded. It almost scraped all those worst layed breakers… I tried driving cross, but still it hits…

Civic following us were still in bad shape…

Hope no damage had happened. It’s due to service in next month, need to get this checked.
Well Karnataka has the highest road tax compared to all other states, the reason, not for laying good roads but for building hills on the roads Huh..
I would suggest get the under chassis coating done (I got it done using Waxol) considering that you would keep rubbing against the "Hills" on the road. Most of the times the damage is a scratch which eventually may get rusted during rainy season.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks