Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 19:14   #181
BHPian

25k Service Done

Got 25k service done today, ODO: 24758 KM.

Service Center: Whitefield Honda

I wanted to try WH this time instead of Dakshin just to feel the difference and from a fellow TBHPIAN heard good about SA Manju (he was the one who upgraded the bulbs).

Called for an appointment on Wed and got one for Thursday, forgot to mention pick and drop by the time I realized this they could not slot anyone. Hence I had to go all the way to KR Puram from HSR. It was a nice try though it's far Iam very happy about the results.

Dropped the car at 8:45 AM, no major complaints to notify. Still Manju cross checked every aspect (not sure if he does with everyone or is it because it was first time for me), but I liked it

I picked the car back at 5:30,

Bill amount: 2924 INR

> Cleaning was good
> They didn't leave any marks inside (Dakshin every time left their mark)
> Every detail mentioned was attended

It's been wonderful 25k km journey on my ANHC, I finish one long drive and the ride quality, ease makes me think of another one.

I added CR70 to ANHC last Saturday, Iam ok with the results. I expected a quite better heat reduction (have leather seats), based on all the reviews I read/heard about it. I feel the same heat when I touch WS after parking in sun for 10-15min.

Got it fixed at 3M exclusive showroom, absolutely no bubbles. Pretty neat installation.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 7th April 2011 at 19:20.
Old 7th April 2011, 19:47   #182
BHPian

Re: 25k Service Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post

Bill amount: 2924 INR

I added CR70 to ANHC last Saturday, Iam ok with the results. I expected a quite better heat reduction (have leather seats), based on all the reviews I read/heard about it. I feel the same heat when I touch WS after parking in sun for 10-15min.

Got it fixed at 3M exclusive showroom, absolutely no bubbles. Pretty neat installation.
Hi Raghu,
Congratulations on 25k KM and wish you many more happy and safe miles on your ANHC.
Could you please provide the details of the works done for the 25k Km service.
Appreciate your honest review of CR70. I too wanted to fix this but still hesitant about its effectiveness and the perceived side-effects specially during night driving.
Also I did not like the light distortion in the rear WS film at the defogger lines.
How is it during the night drives with direct head lights coming on the WS?
If it is not a problem, could you share how much it cost for CR 70 fixing?

HC
Old 4th July 2011, 09:51   #183
BHPian

Re: Bulbs Upgraded

Quote:
Range has considerably improved, I no longer need a high beam. Moron with unnecessary high beam, a flick makes him blind forcing to lower.

It really added additional 25meters as claimed in setting "0". But I felt it would for sure block the vision of others in this case and hence using it at "2" within the city limits and "1/0" when Iam on highway.

Heat is one thing that Iam really concerned about, it get's heated very quick. Hope it doesn't damage anything in long run. But for sure need to re-check with the dealer. I never checked the heat dissipation with OE bulbs to really compare, may be I might need to revert them to check.
Raghu,

Thanks for the information. I still have OE headlamps and am seriously considering an upgrade. I will take the car to whitefield honda and get this changed. I am confused between switching to Bi Xenon/HID vs using the upgrades you mentioned here. The problem with Bi Xenon is that there seems to be only retro fits available for ANHC. I have looked a lot on the internet and no one seems to have a ready to purchase and install kit.

The OE headlamps do warm up a bit if you use it for a long drive. I don't think it will be a problem unless you found the temperature to be very high. I believe the headlamp assembly can take some abuse in terms of heat and strength. Last week my car was parked in a street and some of the kids were playing throw ball. My car's headlamp took a direct hit (and my heart stopped for a second) when one of the kids threw the ball in my car's direction but missed the target , but no damage yet.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:26   #184
BHPian

Re: Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...

Hi Raghu,

Just visited your thread for the first time.Nice to note that you have completed 25K pampering your beauty. I will definitely take your post as a guide line and will come back with queries.Hope alright with you.

The beauty looked so radiant and optimistic on the initial posts.Hope she is still a head turner.
Old 8th July 2011, 09:49   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Hi Raghu,
Congratulations on 25k KM and wish you many more happy and safe miles on your ANHC.
Could you please provide the details of the works done for the 25k Km service.
Appreciate your honest review of CR70. I too wanted to fix this but still hesitant about its effectiveness and the perceived side-effects specially during night driving.
Also I did not like the light distortion in the rear WS film at the defogger lines.
How is it during the night drives with direct head lights coming on the WS?
If it is not a problem, could you share how much it cost for CR 70 fixing?

HC
Thanks HC,

25k service is like normal 5k service interval as 20k service is elaborate one.

CR70 though didn't give me expected results in terms of heat reduction, it works like charm in nights. Absolutely not distortion of what so ever at night times, one issue though is in bright light. Reflection of dash is something I really hate.

CR70 cost was 6.5k if I recollect correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Raghu,

Thanks for the information. I still have OE headlamps and am seriously considering an upgrade. I will take the car to whitefield honda and get this changed. I am confused between switching to Bi Xenon/HID vs using the upgrades you mentioned here. The problem with Bi Xenon is that there seems to be only retro fits available for ANHC. I have looked a lot on the internet and no one seems to have a ready to purchase and install kit.

The OE headlamps do warm up a bit if you use it for a long drive. I don't think it will be a problem unless you found the temperature to be very high. I believe the headlamp assembly can take some abuse in terms of heat and strength. Last week my car was parked in a street and some of the kids were playing throw ball. My car's headlamp took a direct hit (and my heart stopped for a second) when one of the kids threw the ball in my car's direction but missed the target , but no damage yet.
I saw your another update, so post your review on the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hi Raghu,

Just visited your thread for the first time.Nice to note that you have completed 25K pampering your beauty. I will definitely take your post as a guide line and will come back with queries.Hope alright with you.

The beauty looked so radiant and optimistic on the initial posts.Hope she is still a head turner.
anytime man.
Old 8th July 2011, 11:30   #186
BHPian

Re: Bulbs Upgraded

Quote:
Philips Xtreme Power
12V
60/55W
H4
Sorry raghu, on the other thread I forgot about this upgrade you mentioned
Old 7th September 2011, 19:58   #187
BHPian

ANHC crunched 30k as of yesterday and went for a routine pit stop after 5k to service station. This is for the first time it took 5 long months for 5k.

Bill amount: 2175 INR

Any issues/complaints: None

FE Figures : 13 -14 in City with 60% Aircon,

Since Nov'09 it's been pleasure driving this beauty and beast (for me when compared to my older car).

Iam eagerly waiting for this month end where in after a long gap I would be hitting highways for my long trips.

Had one interesting observation today, fuel cap actually got dis-engaged when I pressed central locking to open the doors. I tried many times later it didn't happen again.

I spoke to my SA and he said it happens if one had pressed the fuel cap bit hard when it's locked.

I tried it, it makes a noise and pops a little. At this moment if one unlocks the door, fuel caps dis-engages and gets opened.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 7th September 2011 at 20:02.
Old 8th September 2011, 06:55   #188
BHPian

Quote:
ANHC crunched 30k as of yesterday and went for a routine pit stop after 5k to service station. This is for the first time it took 5 long months for 5k.

Bill amount: 2175 INR

Any issues/complaints: None

FE Figures : 13 -14 in City with 60% Aircon,

Since Nov'09 it's been pleasure driving this beauty and beast (for me when compared to my older car).

Iam eagerly waiting for this month end where in after a long gap I would be hitting highways for my long trips.

Had one interesting observation today, fuel cap actually got dis-engaged when I pressed central locking to open the doors. I tried many times later it didn't happen again.

I spoke to my SA and he said it happens if one had pressed the fuel cap bit hard when it's locked.

I tried it, it makes a noise and pops a little. At this moment if one unlocks the door, fuel caps dis-engages and gets opened.
Congratualtions Raghu on your 30K mark and wishing you many more safe miles.
Though you took 5 months for 5k, I am still at 5.3k with almost an year despite of 1.2k vacation trip.
Must do more on ANHC, but the problem is using WagonR for the short and congested roads.
Interesting observation on the fuel tank cap there.
How are the MRF's at 30k, do you plan to change them anytime now?
Think twice before upsizing.

HC
Old 9th February 2012, 23:45   #189
BHPian

Hi All

After exactly an year one of the bulb went kaput, issue is with the low beam alone.

Wanted to get it replaced but needed your suggestions. Currently I have Phillips extreme power 60/55 watt installed. These were installed inBangalore at the dealer.

Iam currently in Hyderabad,I tried with Pride they don't have the ones which I seek it's the same with XENEX and Reliance Auto zone.

Auto Zone suggested an alternate

Phillips Xtreme power and Phillips Xenon, both of them have the same specs as OE. But couldn't get them fitted as the advisor was on leave yesterday.

Need your suggestions on these bulbs, are they good/better. Any idea about the heat it may generate, extreme power fitted give 25% more range and they get heated. Iam bit reluctant to choose Xtreme power, it's 35% more range than normal,might generate more heat for sure.

Which one to pick? any alternatives/shops to look for in HYD.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:24   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Congratualtions Raghu on your 30K mark and wishing you many more safe miles.
Though you took 5 months for 5k, I am still at 5.3k with almost an year despite of 1.2k vacation trip.
Must do more on ANHC, but the problem is using WagonR for the short and congested roads.
Interesting observation on the fuel tank cap there.
How are the MRF's at 30k, do you plan to change them anytime now?
Think twice before upsizing.

HC
Hi HC,

Thanks for the wishes, MRF's still have some juice for next 10k atleast they have covered 36700 KM so far. Started reading threads from fellow BHPIANS who changed/upgraded the tyres. Yet to reach any conclusion.

Any experiences of your's to share for not to upsize?

Quote:
Hi All

After exactly an year one of the bulb went kaput, issue is with the low beam alone.

Wanted to get it replaced but needed your suggestions. Currently I have Phillips extreme power 60/55 watt installed. These were installed inBangalore at the dealer.

Iam currently in Hyderabad,I tried with Pride they don't have the ones which I seek it's the same with XENEX and Reliance Auto zone.

Auto Zone suggested an alternate

Phillips Xtreme power and Phillips Xenon, both of them have the same specs as OE. But couldn't get them fitted as the advisor was on leave yesterday.

Need your suggestions on these bulbs, are they good/better. Any idea about the heat it may generate, extreme power fitted give 25% more range and they get heated. Iam bit reluctant to choose Xtreme power, it's 35% more range than normal,might generate more heat for sure.

Which one to pick? any alternatives/shops to look for in HYD.
All, I went ahead with xtreme vision and Iam happy with them, but my concern is more on the heat it produces. Need to keep a tap on them.

UPDATE:

Car was due for service 35000 KM, but couldn't as car was needed all the time. It got an appointment fixed for tomorrow at PRIDE Hond in Hyderabad. This is second time Iam getting it serviced in Hyd after moving in. Last time I dropped the car on my own in Madhapur facility after taking an appointment.

This time Iam sticking with Miyapur option as it's near to my place. But, surprising thing is they are sought of insisting on pick and drop facitlity to be used, and it's free of cost. When I said I need to check with SA on couple of things (this was just to know the SA as I don't have any major complaints) except one they still were firm on sending the driver, lady says driver will come and you can come along with him. I didn't understand the reason quite well. All Honda owners in Hyd servicing at Pride is this normal practice?

Pride Honda site had some interesting FE figures for the campaign they had (22.5 KMPL for Honda City, 30.9 KMPL for Honda City Manual). Ofcourese the road they used is awesome and hence expected to have better results. But the figurs above are amazing

Full details at this external Link:

Pride Honda, Sree Krishna Automotive Hyd.Pvt Ltd., Hydreabad :: VRV, Jazz, Honda, cars, Latest Cars, Car for Sale,HONDA SIEL CARS INDIA LIMITED, AutoTerrace

Observation:

First run in the morning, breaks make bit of click noise when applied. Did some reaserch in WWW and found one interesting link with Q&A on Honda Cars (pasting it for reference). I needed this to be checked by SA anyways. It says normal but I never heard it before.

Why do my brakes make a single "click" noise when I back out of a parking place and once again when I drive forward?
A clearance between the brake caliper brackets and the ends of the brake pads allows for heat expansion and avoids corrosion between the caliper bracket and the brake pads. That clearance can cause the pads to hit the caliper brackets when you first apply the brakes in a new directions of travel. When you back up and apply the brakes and then drive forward and apply the brakes, the single "click" noise you hear is a normal characteristic of the brake system.

External Source:

Frequently Asked Questions - the Official Honda Web Site
Old 5th March 2012, 15:03   #191
BHPian

37000 KM Service Update

When: Saturday 03 March 2012
Where: Pride Honda Miyapur

Bill Amount: 2479 INR

> Mineral Engine oil change
> Nitrogen in tyres as insisted by SA
> Service charges

One observation I had with the break pad noise has been rectified with lubrication and inspection.

Ocassionally had issues with horn (one out of two doesn't work), SA checked and replaced the horn under extended warranty (no charges).

Verdict:

Iam not happy with the way car cleaning/upholstry handling was done. I see lot of black marks inside. Need one round of cleaning this week

I specifically requested them not to use polish on the dash (due to CR70 I get a lot of reflection), they missed it and infact polish is applied every where including the key.

Otherwise issues were addressed.

It's my bad I haven't seen or remember how the boot lid was so far , yesterday night better half opened the lid and pointed out them. I wanted to check with the fellow owners is this normal or should I contact SA.

I see lot of uncovered areas, just wanted to be sure that it's not missed during the service. Find pics below

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-bootlid1.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-bootlid2.jpg
Old 7th March 2012, 12:27   #192
BHPian

Re: 37000 KM Service Update

Quote:
Hi HC,

Thanks for the wishes, MRF's still have some juice for next 10k atleast they have covered 36700 KM so far. Started reading threads from fellow BHPIANS who changed/upgraded the tyres. Yet to reach any conclusion.

Any experiences of your's to share for not to upsize?

This time Iam sticking with Miyapur option as it's near to my place. But, surprising thing is they are sought of insisting on pick and drop facitlity to be used, and it's free of cost.
Hi Raghu, sorry for the delay as I was traveling.
I have not up sized or changed the OE tires and so have no direct experience.
However some of my friends have up sized to 195/60/15 Michelin PLC and have mixed opinions.
While some are happy with the added grip and stability at high speeds, others complain of reduced mileage.
IMHO unless you do lot of highway drives at high speed and require stability and grip for such use, do not go for tire up size.
Also there are several options with the new tires and please go through them before making your choice.
BTW how much did it cost you for alignment and wheel balancing at Honda service center?
Did they use sticker type balance weight?
I will be going for 10k service this month and plan to do this work including tire rotation.

It is rather strange why they insist for pickup/drop by the service centers.
What did you do finally?
I usually fix an appointment on Saturday and spend the whole time at the service station hanging around there.

The brake noise problem seems to be an old issue, isn't it?
I even remember that you changed the pads.
There was a suggestion NOT to use the hand brake while parking overnight and check for the noise.
Quote:
When: Saturday 03 March 2012

Iam not happy with the way car cleaning/upholstry handling was done. I see lot of black marks inside. Need one round of cleaning this week

It's my bad I haven't seen or remember how the boot lid was so far , yesterday night better half opened the lid and pointed out them. I wanted to check with the fellow owners is this normal or should I contact SA.

I see lot of uncovered areas, just wanted to be sure that it's not missed during the service. Find pics below

Attachment 897291

Attachment 897292
Cleaning at service stations is usually an unsatisfactory experience.
Call me crazy or a maniac, I usually wash and clean BEFORE and AFTER visiting the service station for my satisfaction.
Yes the boot lid is like that only and I too discovered much later after buying the car.
It is one of the cheap cost cutting measures by Honda.
Don't know what to do, some of my ICE friends have stuffed with insulation materials and covered it.
Also the boot lid opening hinge is not damped either mechanically or hydraulically.
With frequent use, my lid has become pretty loose and swings when I open and falls over my head when I try to get something from inside the boot.
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 12:43   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raghu, sorry for the delay as I was traveling.
I have not up sized or changed the OE tires and so have no direct experience.
However some of my friends have up sized to 195/60/15 Michelin PLC and have mixed opinions.
While some are happy with the added grip and stability at high speeds, others complain of reduced mileage.
IMHO unless you do lot of highway drives at high speed and require stability and grip for such use, do not go for tire up size.
Also there are several options with the new tires and please go through them before making your choice.
BTW how much did it cost you for alignment and wheel balancing at Honda service center?
Did they use sticker type balance weight?
I will be going for 10k service this month and plan to do this work including tire rotation.

It is rather strange why they insist for pickup/drop by the service centers.
What did you do finally?
I usually fix an appointment on Saturday and spend the whole time at the service station hanging around there.

The brake noise problem seems to be an old issue, isn't it?
I even remember that you changed the pads.
There was a suggestion NOT to use the hand brake while parking overnight and check for the noise.
No issues HC, Iam yet to research a lot before tyre change. Iam happy with the current spec as of now was keen on something which make less road noise so keenly looking at XM2. B103 recently upgraded tyres to higher spec and he is happy with the results. Would speak to him this weekend to check the pros and cons.

Dealer chanrged me a whooping 3k , they used sticker type weights. Strange thing they did was to remove all the older weights and add new. I was against it, but didn't argue much. Learnt the hard way, Iam currently getting it done allways from outside. I keep rotating the wheels when evern I get balancing done, normally every 5k KM.

Driver for pick was right at my door step at 8:00 AM in the morning, I went along with him and he dropped me back.

Earlier I had the noise from suspension, for which WA was not to enage the handbrake. But this time it was tick noise, that comes once.

Quote:
Cleaning at service stations is usually an unsatisfactory experience.
Call me crazy or a maniac, I usually wash and clean BEFORE and AFTER visiting the service station for my satisfaction.
Yes the boot lid is like that only and I too discovered much later after buying the car.
It is one of the cheap cost cutting measures by Honda.
Don't know what to do, some of my ICE friends have stuffed with insulation materials and covered it.
Also the boot lid opening hinge is not damped either mechanically or hydraulically.
With frequent use, my lid has become pretty loose and swings when I open and falls over my head when I try to get something from inside the boot.
Oh, indeed it looks so cheap,

For the lid action, is there nothing we could do to increase the tension in the spring? so that it can be tightened up?

I have planned a complete interior cleaning this weekend. It's been a long time I had a photo shoot as well. Let's see if I can do both this time.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 12:47   #194
BHPian

Quote:

Yes the boot lid is like that only and I too discovered much later after buying the car. It is one of the cheap cost cutting measures by Honda.Don't know what to do, some of my ICE friends have stuffed with insulation materials and covered it.
You can ask your local ICE installers to damp the boot lid and cover it with a black cover (similiar to the ones one the carpet). If done well the outcome looks very OEM-like.

Quote:
Also the boot lid opening hinge is not damped either mechanically or hydraulically. With frequent use, my lid has become pretty loose and swings when I open and falls over my head when I try to get something from inside the boot.
Agree this point has been completely overlooked by Honda. But on second thoughts haven't seen these in the Civic or Altis as well.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 12:58   #195
BHPian

Quote:
No issues HC, Iam yet to research a lot before tyre change. Iam happy with the current spec as of now was keen on something which make less road noise so keenly looking at XM2. B103 recently upgraded tyres to higher spec and he is happy with the results. Would speak to him this weekend to check the pros and cons.

Dealer chanrged me a whooping 3k , they used sticker type weights. Strange thing they did was to remove all the older weights and add new. I was against it, but didn't argue much. Learnt the hard way, Iam currently getting it done allways from outside. I keep rotating the wheels when evern I get balancing done, normally every 5k KM.

For the lid action, is there nothing we could do to increase the tension in the spring? so that it can be tightened up?
XM2 is the latest tire from Michelin, has B103 changed into XM2?
Thanks for the information, I checked just now with a reputed tire store and got a quote of INR 400 for alignment and INR 150 for balancing including the sticker type weight for each alloy wheel.
I think I will go to this shop for this work.
Which is better to do this work before or after the service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
You can ask your local ICE installers to damp the boot lid and cover it with a black cover (similiar to the ones one the carpet). If done well the outcome looks very OEM-like.

Agree this point has been completely overlooked by Honda. But on second thoughts haven't seen these in the Civic or Altis as well.
Thanks for the suggestion and will consider it, but this will make the lid heavy and make it fall even faster and harder on my head
The car makers in India both desi and videshi are competing against each other in cutting down on cost that includes safety features.
It seems that unless there some rule or regulation even seat belts will not be provided.
If this is the attitude then where will they provide decent padding for the boot lid.
Frankly my 10 year old car has all these basic required items while the latest one lack a lot of them.
I am pretty sure that these cars as they are made and sold in India cannot be sold in any other developed country.

Last edited by Habanero City : 7th March 2012 at 12:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks