Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 21:51   #136
BHPian

There is a small pipe for this water to drain out.

In many cars, especially if the co-driver seat occupant is tall, the person has a tendency to kick (unintentionally usually/ hopefully) and this pipe gets out.

Switch on the ac for a while and peep below the dashboard, u should be able to feel this from the chillness, just push it out through the hole in the front wall and secure the screws and you should be done...

Else most local mechanics will fix it up in a couple of mins...

Last edited by k!ng_@thur : 5th April 2010 at 21:53. Reason: Punctuation Error
Old 6th April 2010, 06:33   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
missed out the "on the inside" part!

This should not happen, but then it does with extended usage of the A/c. I get few drops dipping on my feet when I make a sharp turn, but apart from that, I have not found a constant drip inside the cabin.

I did, however, notice a damping of the side B-pillar due to water from the roof top a/c console.

Not much worried about the drip from the front, but going to check the B-pillar damping...
HW, So far, I have NOT got or felt any water dripping inside the vehicle. I have seen it only below the vehicle.
I did get some water drops in my Marina while extended AC use in the past.

Now, I have a basic question - which is the B-pillar ? The middle one b/w the front and rear doors ?

Prem.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:35   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Now, I have a basic question - which is the B-pillar ? The middle one b/w the front and rear doors ?
The B pillar is the one between the front and back doors.
the A pillar is the one supporting the windshield. C pillar is the one supporting the roof and the back door in sedans and hatches. SUVs also have a D pillar which is the final one.

Hope that clears your confusion.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:53   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Harendra, I decided on Safari based on following reasons.

I am not sure with whom (sales rep) you are in touch with. Call Mr. Shrinivas (sales lead focusing only on Safari) who would be able to explain everything, both + & -. Also, insist on 2010 VX test drive that arrived on Feb 19 or 20, 2010. Its a 4X2 version of VX model.

I had 3 rounds of test drive - 1 on outer ring road (KR Puram to Malgudi stretch) where I topped 100/110. It was a brand new EX (I took it from KHT motors). 2 on Whitefield road (Hoody to Big Bazaar stretch) where I reached 90, but I had a chance to check out its turning radius since one side of the road was dug up. It was comfortable to me then. 3 on where you went (around Forum mall) which was a stupid for Safari
2 & 3 was using the Black/Earth GX version of Safari and I think, thats what you would have also taken.

Prem.
Prem
Very much appreciated, in taking time to reply and providing some useful tips. Will call Mr Shrinivas and go for a couple of test drives.

What is your feel on the interiors, I read somewhere the quality has improved to the 2009 models. Is it possible to reduce the turning radius, I have read a couple of threads where Safari owners have got the turning radius reduced.

@HappyWheels - Thanks, Prem's tips and advise are useful and I did not want to base my decision on just one test drive. I test drove a Innova and my wifey is inclined towards Innova so I am trying to convince her for a Safari, which is a challenge especially after the first test drive. By the way I am more inclined towards the Safari.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:16   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harendra View Post
Prem
What is your feel on the interiors, I read somewhere the quality has improved to the 2009 models. Is it possible to reduce the turning radius, I have read a couple of threads where Safari owners have got the turning radius reduced.
I test drove a Innova and my wifey is inclined towards Innova so I am trying to convince her for a Safari, which is a challenge especially after the first test drive. By the way I am more inclined towards the Safari.
Most welcome Harendra.

YES - Fit & Finish seems improved as compared to 2009 model. Color changed to Grey, may be, this gives a fresh look as compared to earlier beige or whatever it is.
Turning radius - I dont think its possible. Even if its possible, I wouldnt do so for a couple of years as I am NOT sure if that voids warranty.
But, to me, Turning radius is good enough for a vehicle like this and I am used to it.
Innova & female goes well together (mostly). But, usually, it gets just changed otherwise the moment you take her a good ride on Safari, ofcourse, a neat, new one
So, talk to Shrinivas to get the Black 2010 VX for test drive and you and safari should be able to win quite easily

Good luck
Prem.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:28   #141
BHPian

OK, Today, I filled up the tank after around 15 KMs of City drive (but not a slow traffic at all). I see that the mileage I got from my Tirupathi trip is 12.3 KMPL.

I believe, I should have touched atleast 13 KMPL if not of 50 KMs (up & down) Tirupathi - Thirumala hill drive and around 50 KMs of Tirupathi town drive . Any observation here ?

Prem.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:49   #142
BHPian

Quote:
OK, Today, I filled up the tank after around 15 KMs of City drive (but not a slow traffic at all). I see that the mileage I got from my Tirupathi trip is 12.3 KMPL.

I believe, I should have touched atleast 13 KMPL if not of 50 KMs (up & down) Tirupathi - Thirumala hill drive and around 50 KMs of Tirupathi town drive . Any observation here ?
That's on the expected lines Prem. Even I get the same mileage. The max i got was 12.6 with steady 100Kmph. In the city I'm getting around 9.5.
What "Happywheels " getting ~16 is an exception.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:54   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
That's on the expected lines Prem. Even I get the same mileage. The max i got was 12.6 with steady 100Kmph. In the city I'm getting around 9.5.
You'll get more if you stick to around 80+/- on the highways in 5th gear.
Old 6th April 2010, 21:42   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Prem.
I doubt if 50kms might have done too much of a difference, but the ghat driving would have. What was the speed / RPM that you were doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
Time to get my vehicle treated for "evil eye" effect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Absolutely! RPM at 2000 and speed between 80-100 is the best.
Old 7th April 2010, 06:52   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Wow - 80 for 5th gear is of lower side. As far as I have seen, 90-100 on 5th gear is very comfortable in around 2000 RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I doubt if 50kms might have done too much of a difference, but the ghat driving would have. What was the speed / RPM that you were doing? ...
Up-hill - 3rd gear, 50-60 KMPH, ~2000 RPM
Down-hill - Had to change back & forth b/w 2 & 3, but almost always 2000 RPM.

Prem.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:24   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Most welcome Harendra.
So, talk to Shrinivas to get the Black 2010 VX for test drive and you and safari should be able to win quite easily

Good luck
Prem.
Hi kaviprem, looks like Mr Shrinivas is no longer with Concorde Motors, he has moved to Nissan. I have asked them to call me as soon as they get the Black 2010 VX for a test drive.
Anyone who can recommend a Showroom/salesperson for Tata Safari from your buying experience.
Old 12th April 2010, 06:34   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harendra View Post
Hi kaviprem, looks like Mr Shrinivas is no longer with Concorde Motors, he has moved to Nissan. I have asked them to call me as soon as they get the Black 2010 VX for a test drive.
Anyone who can recommend a Showroom/salesperson for Tata Safari from your buying experience.
Wow - This is huge, I think ! I have seen 2 more Safari sales folks in CM, Dairy circle. But, they hardly talk about the vehicle, instead always asking about the booking date, sales, etc ...
I will be going there in few days. I will talk to Sales Manager and let you know if he recommends someone.

Prem.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:37   #148
BHPian

Belated Congrats, Prem, on your 2010 Safari. Saw the pictures, stunning looks. Wishing you many happy miles on your vehicle.

By the way, were you able to post more interior pictures?

I had joined the Safari club almost 2 years and 28000km ago and am still happy and the 'car' is going strong.
-Sunil.
Old 1st May 2010, 09:28   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Belated Congrats, Prem, on your 2010 Safari. Saw the pictures, stunning looks. Wishing you many happy miles on your vehicle.

By the way, were you able to post more interior pictures?

I had joined the Safari club almost 2 years and 28000km ago and am still happy and the 'car' is going strong.
-Sunil.
Thanks Sunil.
YES - Am planning for a long time to take some better interior pics. Will try to do it this weekend.

Prem.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:13   #150
BHPian

I am also a great fan of Tata Safari. I and my friend had gone to book a Safari at Concorde on 31st March for BS-IV variant. Unfortunately we dropped down the idea and withheld the decision for a while as another friend told us that the Safari will have heavy maintenance issues in comparison with Scorpio.

On various websites people say Scorpio is a MUV and the only Indian SUV is Safari. Please quote.

I believe the new Safari 2.2 DiCOR is a refined beast. Please quote.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 6th May 2010 at 11:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks