Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 11:42   #286
sarcar

Re: Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant

there is only one word for this: "presence".

the trip is a great day trip option from Bangalore - hope you had fun leading the pack or bringing up the rear (TSaf does both with equal majesty).

A little late, but nevertheless great pics !

Old 20th January 2012, 20:39   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice Pics Prem. Need a help from you. Could you kindly post a picture of the 4X4 selector lever / knob of the safari. I searched most threads but could not find one.
This is the placement of the switch:

Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-dsc05702-800x600.jpg

Regards,
Hari.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:36   #288
BHPian

^^ Thanks Hari for putting up the image of the 4X4 selector switch.

Question for a few who might have tried OR did some research on the ICE.
The stock HU is a very capable ALPINE system that has "Optical" Output by itself for 5.1 [DD or DTS or PCM] output.

Has anyone tried looking for an amp [or bought/using] that has "Optical IN" ?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Two updates that I did to my beast recently.
1) Carryboy CB-730 Nudge guard, has in-built a pair of fog lamps, just like show-case, not really helpful in terms of visibility. I will put out the photo shortly.
2) Replaced the stock headlight bulbs with the OSRAM Nightbreaker. I can see a difference compared to the stock, spent 1600 [Rs.800 per bulb].

Prem.

Last edited by kaviprem : 22nd January 2012 at 21:42.
kaviprem is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:19   #289
BHPian

Hey, This is off topic but i guess i saw you in "TORQUE" today at around 4.45. I had come to pick up some floor mats for my laura and he didn't have any so while going out i saw the beautiful and shiny behemoth with T-BHP stickers. Then came home opened the TD and ownership report section and voila your thread is right there. What a co-incidence! Anyway that safari looked just amazing. I like to think of it as the Great Indian SUV.
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:07   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
1) Carryboy CB-730 Nudge guard, has in-built a pair of fog lamps, just like show-case, not really helpful in terms of visibility. I will put out the photo shortly.
2) Replaced the stock headlight bulbs with the OSRAM Nightbreaker. I can see a difference compared to the stock, spent 1600 [Rs.800 per bulb].
Pic of the nudge guard please. How much did it cost? Was it bought from the dealer or after market shop? You should be able to put some nice similar wattage bulb into it right?

Also the NB price look atrocious. NB is already outdated and the latest product is NB+. Even NB+ should be charged around 1200/- for a pair at the max; 1600/- is a rip off! NB should be around 900/- if I am not wrong.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd January 2012 at 23:09.
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:10   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goutham_r View Post
Hey, This is off topic but i guess i saw you in "TORQUE" today at around 4.45. I had come to pick up some floor mats for my laura and he didn't have any so while going out i saw the beautiful and shiny behemoth with T-BHP stickers. Then came home opened the TD and ownership report section and voila your thread is right there. What a co-incidence! Anyway that safari looked just amazing. I like to think of it as the Great Indian SUV.
Goutham, You are spot on [no OT here]. Yes, I was there in TORQUE then. Interestingly, I met one more guy preparing for Tire trade-off for his Safari that he is going to take it day after tomorrow [Wednesday]. We had a quick [Safari to Safari] chat, probably, we would have gone for a long discussion if not my daughter pulled me off !

Incidentally, I was fitting in the IND number plate [only yesterday] and he rightly assumed it to be a brand new Safari

Btw, for the mats, check out somewhere else. TORQUE seems slightly on the higher side with whatever I heard over the past 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Pic of the nudge guard please. How much did it cost? Was it bought from the dealer or after market shop? You should be able to put some nice similar wattage bulb into it right?

Also the NB price look atrocious. NB is already outdated and the latest product is NB+. Even NB+ should be charged around 1200/- for a pair at the max; 1600/- is a rip off! NB should be around 900/- if I am not wrong.
S&F, NB+ was around 1100 or 1200 a pair, but NB is expensive than NB+ for some reason. I think, like more white OR something [not exactly remembering].
But, yeah, I could have paid more. I will anyway check with someone else.

Btw, I got the NB from Konark [Koramangala] who has got great respect from this forum. So, I believe/hope, I was not ripped off too much for NB

I will get the photos this evening.
Prem.

Last edited by kaviprem : 23rd January 2012 at 10:12.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:12   #292
BHPian

All right - here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-20120123017.jpg  

Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-20120123021.jpg  

Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-20120123020.jpg  

Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-20120123019.jpg  

kaviprem is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:11   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Carryboy CB-730 Nudge guard, has in-built a pair of fog lamps, just like show-case, not really helpful in terms of visibility. I will put out the photo shortly
Looks good! Does CarryBoy have an India website? Or did you choose from a hard copy brochure that the dealer had?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 24th January 2012, 05:49   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Looks good! Does CarryBoy have an India website? Or did you choose from a hard copy brochure that the dealer had?

Cheers,
Vikram
It was an accidental find in the stores when I went in for something else and I didnt get the model. Then, did a lot of wild search in internet, finally, found the model in TBHP itself !

Prem.
Old 30th January 2012, 13:04   #295
BHPian

Looks very good Prem. I have been thinking of having a nudgeguard too, and this tempts me very much. How much did it cost?
Old 30th January 2012, 13:44   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Looks very good Prem. I have been thinking of having a nudgeguard too, and this tempts me very much. How much did it cost?
I paid 11.7K for this including the installation, had about 250/- for wiring charges [for the lights] that I bargained and got it for free

If you are going for the dual purpose of both lights and nudge guard, then, this is not good. This pair of lights is just an extra pair of lights. Not really useful at all, I went for this with full information explained by the dealer [TORQUE near Indra Nagar, Bangalore].

If you like only the nudge guard part, you will get it from 7.5 or 8K in Carryboy which is better than Hiker.
Hiker comes with the full fiber body that is bound to break in case of even mild collision. Carryboy and TATA [its own nudge guard] comes with rubberised surface.

Prem.
Old 29th February 2012, 13:10   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Carryboy and TATA [its own nudge guard] comes with rubberised surface.

Prem.
Please provide an insight to this . Havent seen a Tata nudgegaurd @ any of the dealerships/workshops till now .Any clue on the pricing ?

Another question that comes to mind is , hows the rattleing and squeaking noise(s) , Does this rattle on engine starts / stops . Have seen a lot many Sumo's / Tavera's with nudge gaurds , rattling very bad .
Old 29th February 2012, 13:21   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Please provide an insight to this . Havent seen a Tata nudgegaurd @ any of the dealerships/workshops till now .Any clue on the pricing ?
He means to say that Carryboy is OEM accessories for Safari and it should be available in showroom. But these days most of the showroom owners do not keep any company recommended accessories and they direct your order to local dealer, which has one outlet in every Tata Service Center.

At least, KHT has one such outlet in its Whitefield service center. Yes, the reason is bigger margin in all aftermarket products to showroom. You can get the photographs of accessories from Tata website.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:26   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post

Another question that comes to mind is , hows the rattleing and squeaking noise(s) , Does this rattle on engine starts / stops . Have seen a lot many Sumo's / Tavera's with nudge gaurds , rattling very bad .
Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
He means to say that Carryboy is OEM accessories for Safari and it should be available in showroom. But these days most of the showroom owners do not keep any company recommended accessories and they direct your order to local dealer, which has one outlet in every Tata Service Center.

At least, KHT has one such outlet in its Whitefield service center. Yes, the reason is bigger margin in all aftermarket products to showroom. You can get the photographs of accessories from Tata website.
Guys, Earlier, TATA used to supply "Hiker" nudge guards. Now, TML has its own [with "TATA"] and the main difference is that TATA and CarryBoy nudge guards are rubberized fiber while the Hiker is of hard metal or hard plastic [not good for pedestrians]. I asked Concorde Motors [Dairy Circle] for a nudge guard for me and I know, they ordered and got about 2 or 3. So, interested may check with them.

Regarding the RATTLE - it shakes while engine idles, but, no sound.

Prem.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:41   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

Quite understandable , but still never saw any dealerships selling Carryboy as well . They simply have to say theres no OEM fitment ( nudgegaurd) as rightly pointed out by you they redirect you to the local accessory shops

Quote:
Guys, Earlier, TATA used to supply "Hiker" nudge guards. Now, TML has its own [with "TATA"] and the main difference is that TATA and CarryBoy nudge guards are rubberized fiber while the Hiker is of hard metal or hard plastic [not good for pedestrians]. I asked Concorde Motors [Dairy Circle] for a nudge guard for me and I know, they ordered and got about 2 or 3. So, interested may check with them.

Regarding the RATTLE - it shakes while engine idles, but, no sound.

Prem.
Thanks Prem . Would be of help if you can check with Tata folks about the availability of the Tata OEM . How does the Tata one look like , something similar to Carryboy ? I am looking for something more compact than a Carryboy and something bigger than a HIKER Light bar to install Hella 700 .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks