Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 11:34   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@Druva:
Great Lock - do you really need it? The immobilizer is a good enough deterrent. I doubt if TASS will do the headlight work.
Audio - agree on the lack of USB option. I use a FM modulator to work around this.
Thanks happywheels. I will check your thread about the FM modulator
Dealer was also saying the same regarding Gear Lock.

Reading about it, it appears that it requires some extra holes etc.. So not sure, if I am going to go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
First of all, Congratulations !!!
Sun-film (provided its a LUMAR).

Good luck on your waiting period

Prem.
Thanks Prem.
My discount details are 6k corp disc + extended warranty (7k) + mud flaps + floor map (as per dealer 2k)

Instead of 3M, I opted for the Extended Warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
Hi,
I need some tip on the discounts to look for, the sales guy there tells me there is none available other than the corporate discounts which is about 6K and 4K worth of freebies. Tata slashed some 50K and that's why no discount it seems.
you can compare with my discounts..

TATA slashed 20k (to bring GX ex-showroom price under 10lac barrier and to reduce road tax). So last month there was only loyalty bonus.

This month there is loyalty bonus + exchange bonus + corp + ~10k dealer disc

Quote:

Regarding the discount, I think, thats all would be for Safari. So, whats the OTR they say now ?

Prem, OTR for GX 4x2 @ Chennai is 11.42 (including insurance).
I am trying to go with my own insurance {however the quotes are higher than the dealer!!)

BTW, Concorde motors is adding an AMC.. stating that it will cover consumables for the first two years. Did you guys get that?
As per VST motors (the other dealer) they dont provide it. So I booked with Concorde and paying for AMC.

Mahesh can you confirm whether you are getting it?

Last edited by druva : 7th September 2010 at 11:35.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:59   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Audio - agree on the lack of USB option. I use a FM modulator to work around this.
VX has a DVD player as OEM. I have burnt a dual layer RW DVD (~8.5GB) with mp3s and have an iPod (cable is free) for companion. Good enough for your music needs. If you are going for VX, you can consider this option too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
a) Dealer is suggesting horn. It did sound feeble during TD. However I am not sure to choose this.
If you heard this from inside cabin with windows rolled up, then, it is because, Safari has good sound insulation and horn may sound low. Actually it is good enough for a civil use.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 7th September 2010 at 12:02. Reason: added tip for horn
Old 7th September 2010, 12:22   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Prem, OTR for GX 4x2 @ Chennai is 11.42 (including insurance).
I am trying to go with my own insurance {however the quotes are higher than the dealer!!)

BTW, Concorde motors is adding an AMC.. stating that it will cover consumables for the first two years. Did you guys get that?
As per VST motors (the other dealer) they dont provide it. So I booked with Concorde and paying for AMC.

AMC covering consumables ? Its weird !
Also, do you mean to say you are getting this in effective 7K (instead of 3M) ?
If so, I am sure this would be better deal since the OIL change/FILTER would be like a couple of thousands [if I am right].

Good one then.
Prem.
Old 7th September 2010, 19:00   #214
BHPian

Druv,

The only freebies offered are:
1) Corp discount upto 6K
2) Accessories upto 4K
3) Lumar sunfilm
I was hoping that it would be upto 50K, like that of FIAT’s ;-)

AMC & Ext. Warranty are added cost, though optional.
Insurance is quite high, need to check with National.

I also find the horn quite feeble, but shouldn’t be an issue.
I am used to hear the horns (louder) from quite close driving a hatch.

As I understand the price was slashed only by about 20K to bring the 4x2 under 10L to save on Tax. By paying a lac more for 4x4, the OTR is about 2L more for GX in Bangalore.
Old 7th September 2010, 20:31   #215
BHPian

While doing TD, I found an inch or 2 play in the steering, is this usual?
Old 8th September 2010, 15:01   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tire rotation was done.
As per the manual, tyre rotation should be done at intervals of 15,000. Not sure why they did it at the 5K service!!

Last edited by cool_dube : 8th September 2010 at 15:18.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:13   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
As per the manual, tire rotation should be done at intervals of 15,000. Not sure why they did it at the 5K service!!
Few things are better not strictly adhered to as per manual and this is one of them. A 5k kms tire rotation is highly recommended.

And guys, do note that when giving vehicle for free service, the wheel alignment and balancing are FOC as part of free service. You should be charge only for the weights used, on actuals.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:32   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4X4 waiting period is true. However, based on your colour requirement and seriousness being shown, you can ask them to check it up with the plant. Incase if its available in plant, then, it should be a max of 10 days.
Agreed! I opted for a 4x4 Cycus Grey EX and they had it available in the plant. So my wait period was only 8 days or so.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:36   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few things are better not strictly adhered to as per manual and this is one of them. A 5k kms tire rotation is highly recommended.
Fair enough, but I still do not see any reason to rorate tyres at an interval of 5K - it is short by any standards.

Quote:
And guys, do note that when giving vehicle for free service, the wheel alignment and balancing are FOC as part of free service. You should be charge only for the weights used, on actuals.
Good piece of information - I was not aware of this. Will avail this in my third free service coming up in Novemeber. Thanks HW.
Old 14th September 2010, 16:29   #220
BHPian

No responses from Dealers

Hi,

Approached both Prerana and Concorde, took TD, and convinced. I have been chasing them to get a quote, but they are not showing any interest. Is this usual of TATA dealers?

Should I directly contact the TATA motors? Any email id or phone no. that I can call?

Narrowed on Pearl White GX. But still not decided whether 4x4 or 4x2. Confused as to why I must spend extra 2L for another pair of wheels drive. Going by the traffic menace on GQ (a mile long queue at toll booths in Krishnagiri), seems 4x4 is essential.

And my question on the small play in the steering is not answered.

Kindly help.

OT: Is there a way to change my profile id?
Old 14th September 2010, 16:53   #221
BHPian

Quote:

True. This is for 2 yrs or 20K KMs, which ever is first. Covers consumables only. Anyway the new car comes with first 5 services - labor free.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:21   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
Hi,

Approached both Prerana and Concorde, took TD, and convinced. I have been chasing them to get a quote, but they are not showing any interest. Is this usual of TATA dealers?

Should I directly contact the TATA motors? Any email id or phone no. that I can call?
... And my question on the small play in the steering is not answered.

Kindly help.
As far as Concorde Motors, with my experience, unless they understand that the buyer is serious enough, they would always delay the proforma invoice ! I dont know how it helps them.
But, my observation is that if we very openly state/compare between dealers or other cars (in my case, it was Innova v/s Safari), they definitely delay or even dont care.
All said, the moment I declared and made it very seriously that I am going with you guys (Concorde), they were very cooperative and constantly in touch and also, made some space for further negotiations. So, what I found out was threatening Concorde Motors didnt work
About the steering play - NO, I dont have any such so far. May be, its that one test vehicle which could have been abused !

Prem.

Last edited by kaviprem : 14th September 2010 at 17:23.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2010, 17:42   #223
Senior - BHPian

@SGmitr: Looks like the sales guys at both places are dodo's! Talk to KHT and see. The sales people should be behind you for your business and not the other way around.

For the steering play, might be a abused vehicle you TD'd.

@Kavi: Strange that you had experience about the sales process at Prerana and Concord. For me, Prerana and Concord were always in contact and I had made it clear to them that they are against each other. No, I did not bring any other make into the competition. Never noticed a lack of response. Guess it depends on salesman & his target!
Old 14th September 2010, 20:56   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Guess it depends on salesman & his target!
In my case, I am dealing with totally new recruits and coincidentally at both places. Nandeesh (supposedly senior guy) has quit Prerana.

@HW & @Prem:
What is it like owning/driving a 4x4. Does it help? When putting to sale, 4x4 or 4x2 doesn't matter :-( So, conscious of saving some 1.5L, but don't know my loss if I don't choose a 4x4.
Old 14th September 2010, 21:46   #225
Senior - BHPian

@sgmitr13
Owning/driving a 4x4 is no different. You don't plonk in an extra 1.5k for a sticker on the door. The 4 wheel drive option is totally your call, if you think you will be using the car on terrains which a normal vehicle cannot easily traverse, then maybe you will use the 4wd option, if your driving is only on highways and on city roads, then it does not really make sense to go in for a 4wd option.

I have a feeling here that you are not completely in the loop as to what your requirement is, please buy a car any car based on your requirement, not by what you might have lost if you didn't buy a particular version.
Cheers,
Hari.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks