Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 07:22   #226
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yesterday I saw a Cappuccino beige Yeti in Koramangala on my way home from work. I was behind him throughout. He had that nice aluminium finish bumper protecting guard which helps protecting the bumper from scuff marks while loading heavy stuff into the boot. This accessory is available freely off the shelf in the UK but not here. It costs 45 pounds. Wonder when if ever, skoda is going to focus on genuine skoda accessories for the discerning buyer!
Old 27th April 2012, 08:11   #227
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Abominable (Skoda) Yeti *UPDATE* 20,000Kms Update on Pg.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yesterday I saw a Cappuccino beige Yeti in Koramangala on my way home from work. I was behind him throughout. He had that nice aluminium finish bumper protecting guard which helps protecting the bumper from scuff marks while loading heavy stuff into the boot. This accessory is available freely off the shelf in the UK but not here. It costs 45 pounds. Wonder when if ever, skoda is going to focus on genuine skoda accessories for the discerning buyer!
That’s something which I fail to understand. Even here in Singapore, Skoda has the whole range of accessories for the Yeti. And that too with the fact that only one variant of the Yeti is sold here (1.2 TSI). Did you check with the dealer if they can order those accessories for you?
Old 27th April 2012, 08:35   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
Shankar,
It's not aluminium it's plastic! Because I have it and paying 4k for that plastic is not worth, it looks good but it's not as functional as you are expecting, it has a glue on the other side and it just stick to the bumper , being plastic it's not very sturdy.
They are genuine Skoda part, there are many more and they cost bomb, better to stay away from them.

-Pramod
Old 27th April 2012, 11:43   #229
BANNED

Dealers here aren't really accessories focused. Shall wait till I go to Western Europe and buy everything there. Or maybe even Singapore!
Old 30th April 2012, 13:53   #230
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Adorable (Skoda) Yeti - Some Photos of MFD and FE figures

Dear Sushil
learnt a lot from reading your thread. Many thanks for that.
Have a question
How do you get into the main menu or setup mode on a 4 x 4 ambition model
Manual says to press button A on the wiper stalk for 1 sec. Done that but nothing happens. Can you let me know hwo exactly this is done so tha I can chane over to consumption of km / Lts and also use the convience mode if possible

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
Here are some pictures of the Multifunction Display (MFD) showing:

1. Setup
2. Data for Trip 1
3. Data for Trip 2 (From new)
4. Couple of pictures of the inside

Some photographs of the setup for MFD. This would give an idea of various options available. There are submenus available under some of these. I have not clicked those to save space.

The first screen that you see on turning the key.

The main menu.

The convenience. Here you can set the automatic window closing in event of rain. The windows and door operation.

Lights and visibility menu allows one to enable daylight driving lights, rear wiper behaviour and convenience information.

Consumption and distance allows one to select how the fuel consumption and distance would be diplayed. Whether it would km/l, l/100 km, mpg (British) or mpg (US)
Old 30th April 2012, 14:41   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Dear Sushil
Have a question
Manual says to press button A on the wiper stalk for 1 sec. Done that but nothing happens. Can you let me know hwo exactly this is done so tha I can chane over to consumption of km / Lts and also use the convience mode if possible

Regards
Hi deutscheafrikar,

The Ambition model does not have the MFD (Multi functional display) which is required for these changes and it is available only on the Elegance variant.
If you want to change the display of the L/km to Km/L, it can done done only thru a VCDS (VAG-COM) cable by connecting to the ECU and changing the settings.
Other changes like Single press unlock and Auto Lock can also be enabled through the VCDS. You can get in touch with some of the guys in Mumbai who have a VCDS (Vinj14/ others), and they may help you out.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 30th April 2012 at 14:43.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 20:37   #232
BHPian

Lately I have started thinking of buying myself a yeti but i am confused as i am unaware on following things. Request to throw some light

1. Service Interval
2. Cost of service
3. Warranty/Extended warranty duration
Old 2nd May 2012, 00:25   #233
BHPian

abbey4u, my comments:

1. Service Interval
15K or one year, you can go for a checkup on 7.5K but that is optional at least till now.

2. Cost of service
Oil change and other n this service will cost you in range of 10K

3. Warranty/Extended warranty duration
2 year normal and you can get 2 years extended, this will cover you for 100k kms

-Pramod

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd May 2012 at 06:55. Reason: Please do not reply within quoted message. It's difficult to read while using phone apps.
Old 2nd May 2012, 01:14   #234
BHPian

Thanks pramods. I am going to visit a dealer tomorrow and let's see how it goes. Read somewhere that skoda is giving upto 1.6L discount? Not sure if it's still applicable
Old 7th May 2012, 12:44   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Dear Sushil
Have a question

Regards
Thanks very much. As Behemoth pointed out MFD is not available on ambition model. However, you should be able to get the change effected through Skoda service station. Failing which one could go by the following table:

< 4 l/100 km = > 25 km/l
4.5 l/100 km = 22 km/l
5 l/100 km = 20 km/l
5.5 l/100 km = 18 km/l
6 l/100 km = 16.6 km/l
6.5 l/100 km = 15.4 km/l
7 l/100 km = 14.3 km/l
7.5 l/100 km = 13.3 km/l
> 8 l/100 km = < 12.5 km/l
SushilBajpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 13:34   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Sushil,

Any update on your tyres? My tyres at 22k are almost wearing down and I am still searching for a good replacement. I checked with the Service advisor recently (during the summer camp checkup) and he said that they don't penalize warranty for a one upsize and are generally ok with it. So in all probability I will move to 215/65 R 16 size if it fits and does not touch anywhere in the wheel well.
There is a good website ChangeMyTyre.com :: Indias's First Online Tyre Store :: which I came across, which gives prices and details for quite a few options, both in the stock size and the upsize. I will most likely go for Michelin Latitude tour HP in the 215/65 R16 size.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 7th May 2012, 16:46   #237
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth
Hi Sushil,

Any update on your tyres? My tyres at 22k are almost wearing down and I am still searching for a good replacement. I checked with the Service advisor recently (during the summer camp checkup) and he said that they don't penalize warranty for a one upsize and are generally ok with it. So in all probability I will move to 215/65 R 16 size if it fits and does not touch anywhere in the wheel well.
There is a good website ChangeMyTyre.com :: Indias's First Online Tyre Store :: which I came across, which gives prices and details for quite a few options, both in the stock size and the upsize. I will most likely go for Michelin Latitude tour HP in the 215/65 R16 size.

Regards,
Behemoth
So the upsize is because of the 65? I guess that's a marginal difference which won't hurt.
Cheers.
Old 7th May 2012, 17:36   #238
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sushil,

How is your Yeti doing? What did the service cost come to? I guess you've had quite a trouble free experience. What's the maximum speed thats possible on the Yeti, can it reach/cross 200kph?

Does the Yeti have a low ratio transfer box or equivalent?

regards,

Nitin

Last edited by nitinbose : 7th May 2012 at 17:38.
Old 7th May 2012, 19:26   #239
BHPian

I will let Sushil talk about the service cost, as he may have gone through the second service too, the first service was oil and filter change with cost in range of 7K, no other cost yet on anything else apart from the mudflap that comes as a accessory. On top speed you can't go above 190kmph on Yeti, not tested but that's the max it can do with 140ps model, the 170ps that is not available in India can do 200+ kmph. No low ratio gearbox it Haldex gen 4 clutch doing duty for 4x4 on demand based on complex electronics.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 7th May 2012 at 19:28.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:16   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Sushil,

Regards,
Behemoth
Hi Behemoth, I have replaced my tires with Pirelli P-7 225/55 R16. This was the closest upsize and within 2.5% of the OEM tyre. Since tyre change the Yeti has clocked more than 4,000 km. The ride quality has improved considerably and the road noise reduced as compared to the Goodyear excellence.

I did not feel any change in handling. If anything the braking and cornering appear to be better. There appears to be marginal change in fuel consumption. No noticeable change in speed indication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Sushil,

How is your Yeti doing? What did the service cost come to? I guess you've had quite a trouble free experience. What's the maximum speed thats possible on the Yeti, can it reach/cross 200kph?

Does the Yeti have a low ratio transfer box or equivalent?

regards,

Nitin
Hi Nitin, the Yeti is doing well, devouring more road miles more rapidly than any other car that I have owned. So far it has been free of any trouble.

Yeti has had its second service and the cost was about Rs 9,000 - same as the first service. The service interval is 15,000 km and it appears pretty long. I like to take her up for a check up every 7,500 km.

I did have some issues with air-conditioning which were fixed during the 2nd service. They changed the compressor (free under warranty).

I go to Autobahn in Mumbai. There workshop is well equipped, clean and the staff courteous.

The maximum I have touched is 160 kmph. It gets to this kind of speed quite happily and without any strain on engine. And from the feel of it it will happily go faster.

I am generally a pretty sedate driver and even on expressways keep my speed around 100 km/h.

Last edited by SushilBajpai : 9th May 2012 at 14:20.
SushilBajpai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks