Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2022, 08:09   #166
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR7 View Post
The stock tyres (Bridgestone Turanza 215/55/R17 94V) on our 2016 Innova Crysta 2.8 ZX AT are due for replacement.
Don't get the 225/55/17's. I had them for a year on mine and the difference in ride quality between stock and this size was minimal.

I've recently "upgraded" to 215/60/17's, and the ride is way better. I would suggest the same to anyone in the same boat.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th November 2022 at 09:04. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion.
kapi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 12:08   #167
SR7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapi View Post
Don't get the 225/55/17's. I had them for a year on mine and the difference in ride quality between stock and this size was minimal.

I've recently "upgraded" to 215/60/17's, and the ride is way better. I would suggest the same to anyone in the same boat.
Would this affect the functioning of the VSC system? That is my main concern. Im slept iCal of the service guys saying tyre sizes have been upgraded, hence there is an error etc. - we know how they can let us down at times!

Provided it will not get in the way, then I’m ok. The 215/60/R17 has 3.2% more diameter & 3.12% more RPM than the stock 215/55/R17, that’s why I’m asking.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-9a7d3b7b218046acb879af3db669bac5.png  

Old 22nd February 2023, 14:54   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I like the brushed metal alloys on the facelift better. Black alloys only look good when new and need to be maintained well. Else it would look like an eyesore.
I took the opinion of my wife on this and she preferred the black alloys of the touring sport over the new diamond cut alloys. So, my search for the part number resumed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guess by the time my Crystas tires wear out, I will also join the queue of alloy replacements. Absolutely stupid idea to provide such a rim which can bend easily on what is supposed to be a rugged MPV. Apparently two of my rims have these runouts in 22k kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I tried getting the part number for the 16 inch Touring sport alloy wheels. But, they keep sending me the part number for 17 inches instead. I have kind of given up on Nandi Toyota on this and if they are only giving me the option to replace with 17 inches, then I won't budge till they agree to replace it under extended warranty.
The service head called me after I started a thread on degrading quality on Toyota Support (Degrading quality of Toyota Customer Support & Nandi Toyota, Kudlu Gate dealership). In fact he was unaware of the thread. I told him that I do not want to waste my time explaining the full story again and instead pointed him to the thread to get the full picture.

He went through the full thread ( I could validate this from my conversations with him after that ) and was empathetic to my problem after that. He requested me to give him one last chance to resolve this. I said ok and he arranged for a pickup of the car. After inspection, he mentioned that even though every alloy has minor dents, it's only on 2 alloy wheels that the dent is so severe to cause a vibration in the steering and that he can try for replacement under insurance. I said I don't really care about how many alloys that he will replace as long as the problem is resolved. They tried to get approval from insurance company ( Toyota Insurance - SBI General ) and they got approval for replacement of only one alloy wheel. He said that if it doesn't work with one replacement, he will try and solve it somehow after that. I gave a go ahead and the problem got resolved! No more steering vibrations at high speeds.

So, that's the good part. They could have done this on day 1 instead of me having to fight for months!

Quote:
PS: In case you are able to get the part number for the 16 inch Touring Sport alloy wheels , please share it with me as well. I'm sure Toyota did sell Touring Sport Crysta with 16 inch alloy wheels for a few months during the notorious tyre burst incidents on 17 inch models.
Quote:
Is there a way for you to get me the part number for 16" Touring Sport Alloy wheels ? When I ask for this info from Nandi Toyota, they keep giving me the part number for 17" Touring Sport alloy wheels instead.
Even with the fix for now, I want to change all alloy wheels to resolve this hassle once and for all once my 17 inch tyres wears out.

The challenge with finding the part number for 16" touring sport alloy wheels is that this type of vehicle was sold only for 10 months and touring sports variant sales itself is very low. And it becomes very difficult for the service advisor to find this part number without knowing the registration number of a Touring sport vehicle with 16" inch wheels. Luckily, the autocar review of Innova crysta touring sports was done on a car with 16" wheels. And the registration number of the vehicle was very visible on the photos as well. So, I just shared the details with the service advisor in Nandi Toyota and he could track the part number for the 16 inch alloy wheels.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-autocar_16_ts_tyre.jpeg

Part number for the 16" Innova Touring Sport Black Alloys - 42611TK410

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tyre_part_number.jpeg

The MRP is 17461/- per alloy wheel.

Once, my current set of tyres wears out ( maybe due by next service @ 85k ), I'll change all 5 wheels with 16 inch Touring Sport Black alloys and Continental UC6 Tyres of stock size ( 205/65 R16 )

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20230222-2.59.16-pm.png

Last edited by amalji : 22nd February 2023 at 14:59.
Old 22nd February 2023, 15:15   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In fact he was unaware of the thread. I told him that I do not want to waste my time explaining the full story again and instead pointed him to the thread to get the full picture.

He went through the full thread ( I could validate this from my conversations with him after that ) and was empathetic to my problem after that. He requested me to give him one last chance to resolve this. I said ok and he arranged for a pickup of the car. After inspection, he mentioned that even though every alloy has minor dents, it's only on 2 alloy wheels that the dent is so severe to cause a vibration in the steering and that he can try for replacement under insurance.
The issue I have is why should insurance pay for what is a weak rim or poorly planned tyre size on the car? Hence I would expect such issues to be handled under warranty. But I am surprised even 16 inch rims got bent considering the tyre profile is higher.

But the good news is, after seeing the remark on my service bill that two rims were bent, I took it to Tyre Professionals few weeks ago for balancing and rotation, first time outside of Toyota since until 20k kms it was done under Toyota Smiles. Only one rim had a very slight runout, not a bend and this was fixable to perfect balance using Hunter Roadforce balancer. It took 25gms of weight which is hardly anything. I used to get noticeable wobbling between 100-110kmph before which is now gone.

Hence, I am okay with any bend or runout thats fixable by balancing. And after 28k kms covered with lots of bad patches and horrible roads without much of slowing down, its not as bad as I expected.
Old 9th May 2023, 11:00   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Facelift 17 inch wheel with Continental UC6 225/55 R17 tyres. The center caps were not fitted at the time of taking this photo.

Attachment 2363142

A 5th alloy was bought new from Toyota and they installed my old Michelin Primacy 3ST on it to use as spare wheel.
What is your feedback on the UC6?

I am thinking of the 204/65/16 for my Crysta and my primary need is ride comfort . Noise is the next
Old 9th May 2023, 17:52   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
What is your feedback on the UC6?

I am thinking of the 204/65/16 for my Crysta and my primary need is ride comfort . Noise is the next
I've been using UC6 205/65 R16 for a few weeks as well. And I'm loving it both in terms of comfort and grip. The added bonus is the reduction in noise over concrete roads. My old tyres were Bridgestone Turanza T001 215/55 R17.

PS: i downsized my alloys from 17 inch to 16 inch recently. So, the comfort factor could be due to that change as well.

Last edited by amalji : 9th May 2023 at 17:59.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 07:38   #172

Hi guys need some advice. currently i'm using
Yokohama CV 215 70 16 on my innova/crysta. I've decided to change the tires right now i'm choosing between the three:

Falken ze310

215 65 r16
215 60 r17
225 55 r17

which of the 3 will best give me a little faster response as well as comfort and performance.
Old 3rd June 2023, 19:46   #173

Update:

I opted for the Falken ZE310 215 60 R17 just to be safe.

Thanks for the inputs in this thread. Helped me on my decision. Almost pulled the trigger on 18s but hesitated after seeing how the sidewalls are on the 18 inch.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-p_20230603_182142.jpg

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd June 2023 at 20:27. Reason: Please use caps where required and suitable punctuation. Thank you.
Old 10th July 2023, 13:57   #174
BHPian

One of the tyres on my Crysta (Primacy 4ST in 215/60/R16 size) had a side-wall crack and the tyres have run only 32k Kms till now. It has been a very bad experience with the Primacy 4ST over the last 1.5 yrs. Too many punctures, even after maintaining a PSI of over 35 (recommended is 33).

Hearing about the good feedback about the UC6 from couple of T-BHP members, I opted for UC6. Was confused a bit if going with CrossContact LX2 in 215/65/R16 size would make sense as I had great experience with Primacy SUV Tyres in that size. However, opted against them as the primary objective was ride comfort and decided with 215/60/R16 size over the standard 205/65/R16 size, mainly for the extra width, even though there is a reduction of sidewall height by 1 inch.

I have been using Michelin Tyres for more than 12 years on all my cars and has been a satisfied user, but extremely disappointed with the latest 4ST compound. Just stay away from them.

Last edited by samabhi : 10th July 2023 at 13:59.
Old 6th November 2023, 11:10   #175
BHPian

I recently changed the tyres of my Crysta Zx. The OEM tyres were 215/55/R17. I was considering the various options available and finally decided to stick to the OEM specifications. The stock Bridgestone T1 had run close to 59000 KMS.
I had checked various tyres and finally went with Yokohama. The initial impressions are good and will post a detailed review after a long trip next weekend.

Last edited by superchamp : 6th November 2023 at 11:11. Reason: missed information
Old 6th November 2023, 13:38   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Swapped the Bridgestones on my Crysta to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti and upsized the tyres to 225/55/R17. These tyres were performing very well on my Slavia and decided to stick to them even for the Crysta.

The Bridgestones were aging at just 35k kms, grip was just pathetic and the wheels would lock in no time even though decent amount of tread was left on the tyres. And few months ago, one of the tyres had a wierd sidewall tear which I had moved to the spare location.

The final blow was yesterday when dad had to attend to a family emergency and early in the morning hours, a tyre got punctured and then since dad didnt realise this during the situation, the tyre blew out completely. Hence, headed out to Madhus and immediately got the tyres changed. Since I wanted some more grip and a bit more of sidewall I went in for 225s instead of 215/55.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_9871.jpeg

The 225/55s also have higher load rating and higher speed rating of 97Y instead of the stock tyres which had a load rating of 94V. I realised that with a load rating of 94 which translates to 670kg per tyre, the total loaded weight that the four tyres can carry is 2680kg. The unladen weight of the ZX Crysta is already 1900kg and if the car has 5 occupants and some luggage, it is already close to its max weight. With 97 load rating, the max weight that the tyres can take is 2920kgs, which will keep it on the safer side.

I have only driven 100kms and without pushing the car but I feel that the car is more planted at higher speeds and extremely silent and smooth compared to the earlier Bridgestones. Will give detailed feedback later.

But good riddance to the Bridgestones. Fortunately, all four rims are in great condition with no bends or even slight runout. This is in contrast to the earlier reports of lot of Crysta owners reporting tyre cuts and rim damage. And our car has seen very bad roads and some bad pothole hits.

Also got Sensairy TPMS installed for future needs.

Last edited by audioholic : 6th November 2023 at 13:43.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 23:28   #177
BHPian

Its time for me to change the tyres for my Touring Sport (Crysta), the stock tires are of the measure 205/65/ r16 but have been suggested the popular choice 225/60R16. I have also been told that the stock of Michelin Tyres are consistently available hence I have been suggested to try/ choose between ContiCrossContact™ LX 2 and YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR. I have been using only Michelin tyres in most of my car in the last 20 years.

Hence require some insights and help in the decision betweenContiCrossContact™ LX 2 and YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR

Thanks in advance
Old 16th November 2023, 06:43   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post
Its time for me to change the tyres for my Touring Sport (Crysta), the stock tires are of the measure 205/65/ r16 but have been suggested the popular choice 225/60R16. I have also been told that the stock of Michelin Tyres are consistently available hence I have been suggested to try/ choose between ContiCrossContact™ LX 2 and YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR. I have been using only Michelin tyres in most of my car in the last 20 years.

Hence require some insights and help in the decision betweenContiCrossContact™ LX 2 and YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR

Thanks in advance
225/60 on the stock rims is a wrong upsize for a rim width of 6j ( the stock rim width for 16" wheels on Crysta ). I'll recommend you to stick to the stock tyre size instead.

Reference chart attached below.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot_20231116_064123_chrome.jpg

Last edited by amalji : 16th November 2023 at 06:45.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 12:53   #179
BHPian

Quote:
225/60 on the stock rims is a wrong upsize for a rim width of 6j ( the stock rim width for 16" wheels on Crysta ). I'll recommend you to stick to the stock tyre size instead.

Reference chart attached below.

Attachment 2531959
Thank you @amalji for your suggestion, if I have to stick to the stock dimensions of 205/65R16 then it leaves with less option or rather 1 tyre which is the Continental uc6. Upsizing to 17 inch Rim will be a disaster - so technically no choice correct ?

Your feedback on UC6 also seems to be good.

Last edited by XUV500_BLR : 16th November 2023 at 13:00.
Old 16th November 2023, 14:08   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post
Thank you @amalji for your suggestion, if I have to stick to the stock dimensions of 205/65R16 then it leaves with less option or rather 1 tyre which is the Continental uc6. Upsizing to 17 inch Rim will be a disaster - so technically no choice correct ?

Your feedback on UC6 also seems to be good.
Yes, my recommendation will be to go for the UC6. They are amazing tyres.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks