Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2017, 11:36   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The Apollo and the Continentals would be better I think....
Already purchased the Turanaza ER 300. I am satisfied. I feel it's an improvement over the stock Apollo's in every way. Steering feel at dead centre is the biggest improvement along with less body roll. Time will tell the rest.

But for some reason I couldn't find the UTQG ratings anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:11   #377
Senior - BHPian

How much would a Conti MC5 cost, for the 195/60 R15 size? Have received a quote of INR 5400, but don't have a clue on how much it actually costs - no info available from Conti's India site.

Looking to finally get rid of the noisy Yokohama S Drives from my Fiesta and move onto Conti MC5. Also have Michelin PS3 in mind, but only if Conti does not make a good business case.
Old 22nd May 2017, 21:55   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
How much would a Conti MC5 cost, for the 195/60 R15 size? Have received a quote of INR 5400, but don't have a clue on how much it actually costs - no info available from Conti's India site.

Looking to finally get rid of the noisy Yokohama S Drives from my Fiesta and move onto Conti MC5. Also have Michelin PS3 in mind, but only if Conti does not make a good business case.
They were available for INR 4800 a tyre, last year, at a store.
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:00   #379
BHPian

Quote:

Aravind - Are you planning for a tyre upgrade for your Fiesta?
If yes, 195/55 R15 is the right size for 1.6S.

Please go for Continental MC5. I have them on my Ritz and they are awesome. I had Michelin Primacy LC earlier.

I heard the MC5's are currently retailing at Rs 5500/- in Chennai.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 22:22   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Aravind - Are you planning for a tyre upgrade for your Fiesta?
If yes, 195/55 R15 is the right size for 1.6S.

Please go for Continental MC5. I have them on my Ritz and they are awesome. I had Michelin Primacy LC earlier.

I heard the MC5's are currently retailing at Rs 5500/- in Chennai.
Thank you Prodigy07. I do know that 55 profile is the stock size for the 1.6S, however with the suspension being stiff, and with this being my only car at the moment, it gets a little uncomfortable at times. The ride is always firm, and in many cases - harsh. Hence decided to shift to 195/60 for now

And here is the summary of the price info I gathered from few of the tyre dealers I could speak to -

Name:  Tyres comparison.png
Views: 6819
Size:  16.7 KB

** Michelin prices are lower, as they are with a 12.5% discount - an offer I have got through my company
Old 18th September 2017, 21:39   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
harsh. Hence decided to shift to 195/60 for now

And here is the summary of the price info I gathered from few of the tyre dealers I could speak to -
I got a quote of Rs. 5300 for MC5 for the size 195/60 R15 with BS Tyres. Alignment free and he would charge me for the Balancing alone (Rs. 600 for 4 tyres).

However I settled with ER60 (Rs. 5600) for my Linea.

Edit - Just realized you posted this in May. Sorry for the late reply.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 08:13   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I got a quote of Rs. 5300 for MC5 for the size 195/60 R15 with BS Tyres. Alignment free and he would charge me for the Balancing alone (Rs. 600 for 4 tyres).

However I settled with ER60 (Rs. 5600) for my Linea.

Edit - Just realized you posted this in May. Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you Ramesh, but I had already changed my tyres for 5,550 a tyre. They quoted 5,300 earlier, but as I approached them got the regular 'GST excuse' for the hike in prices

Loving the tyre at the moment, but too early to comment, as I loved my Japan-made Yokohama tyres initially too.
Old 10th October 2017, 00:04   #383
BHPian

Guys I need to change my Punto Evo Sports tyres in the coming months. The stock size is 195/55/R16. The OEM tyres Apollo Alnac 4g have treated me well with their puncture resistance ( only 1 puncture in 44k kms of driving with solid sidewall) but are noisy.

In this tyre spec MC5s and XM2s are also available. They are supposed to be comfort tyres with very less noise but their sidewalls are also soft.

My Punto is already lowered by eibach springs which has made the ride quite stiff in the lower speeds specially. Which tyre should suit the current set up?
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 00:12   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Guys I need to change my Punto Evo Sports tyres in the coming months.
I am very happy with Continental MC5 in S-Cross. I have driven more than 6500 KM and they are performing really good
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 12:56   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post

In this tyre spec MC5s and XM2s are also available.
I replaced the OEM Goodyear Eagle NCT5's on my 1.8 TSi Laura with the Continental MC5s at ~44000km mark. ODO is at 52800 now after a year in which the car has done many highway trips and ghat runs, my experience has been very good:
- High speed stability is good, tested on Pune Indore, Pune Kolhapur, Pune Mumbai sections
- Cornering is very good, tested in the Amba and numerous ghats in Kokan. MC5 don't squeal on the same curves that NCT5s used to, and I am able to carry more speed in corners
- Wheel spin during take off is much lesser (of course MC5s are new and hence soft)
- Tyre noise is lesser than NCT5s but they are not absolutely silent

Disclaimer: 1 year and 8000km is too early to judge a tyre, I will update on the 4 aspects above after another 3 years
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:28   #386
BHPian

Guys can anyone provide me the ply composition of the MC5. It's written on the tyre itself.

For example, the following is the composition of Michelin Primacy 3ST :

Ply composition :
Tread : 2 steel + 2 polyester + 1 polyamide

Sidewalls : 2 Polyester.
Old 24th January 2018, 09:59   #387
BHPian

On a recent road trip to Kerala, I began to notice that the performance of the Goodyear Eagle NCTs on my Fiesta (2014) had deteriorated sufficiently to put me and others at risk on the highway. It was nearing its end of life at about 35000kms and I had planned to change them once I was done with all my road trips. But then bad performance forced me to change them mid way.

Called up a couple of multi brand tyre dealers at Coimbatore and went arounaround asking for Bridgestone Potenza. One of them recommended the Continental MC5. I came to this site and read some good reviews based on which I agreed.

Since then have done 1500kms mostly highway driving. Early days. But I am loving it. The braking and stability have all improved (obviously) and saved us a couple of times from hitting a truck in the front or from going over a poorly marked speed breaker. What is truly impressive is the noise levels. Even at very high speeds, I can hear the thrum of the diesel engine. With my older tyres, that has never happened.
Old 28th January 2018, 15:13   #388
BHPian

Hello Fellow BHPians
I have a City 2014 iDTECH SV which was delivered with the Good Year 175/65 R15 tyres. I have already clocked 58K kms. On my recent visit for Balancing/Alignment I was suggested by the mechanic that my tyres cannot be balanced any more as there are slight bubbles on the walls and suggested me to replace my tyres.
I went out to various vendors and found that Continental and Michelin seem to be a good option to move to, after my 3.7 years of Good year driving. Both of them looked good to me as none of them are Carbon tyres. I even plan to upgrade to 185/65 R15.
Based on experience of all of you, which ones should I move on to? Michelin or Continental? Any help really appreciated.
Old 30th January 2018, 08:59   #389
BHPian

Any idea how the CC5's compare to the Yokohama Earth-1's? I am going change the tyres on my 5 year old A-Star and upsize from 155/80 R13's to 175/70 R13's on the stock rims. The price differential between the two tyres is less than Rs. 200. Car will mostly be driven in Bangalore city. After seeing the condition of the roads, I want a stronger tyre than the current XM2s the car is running, but don't want to compromise too much on the ride.
avi550m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 09:03   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Any idea how the CC5's compare to the Yokohama Earth-1's? I am going change the tyres on my 5 year old A-Star and upsize from 155/80 R13's to 175/70 R13's on the stock rims. The price differential between the two tyres is less than Rs. 200. Car will mostly be driven in Bangalore city. After seeing the condition of the roads, I want a stronger tyre than the current XM2s the car is running, but don't want to compromise too much on the ride.

Earth 1 would be the more robust tyre of the two without a doubt and should be apt for Bangalore's pothole ridden roads.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks